- Airport Name : Venice (VCE)
- Airport Location : Thomson Airways flies into Marco Polo Airport – it’s only seven kilometres from the centre of Italy’s city of water – Venice.
- Terminal : Thomson Airways fly from the main terminal.
- Venice is seven kilometres from Marco Polo Airport.
- If you’re continuing your journey from the airport by car, just hop onto the SS144 and SR11 – they’ll connect you to the outskirts of Venice.
- As Venice is set on the water and uses a system of canals rather than roads, cars can’t be driven into the city itself. You can leave cars at the Tronchetto car park, which is just outside the city. It costs €21 to leave your car here for 24 hours.
- ACTV and ATVO buses link the airport with Piazzale Roma in Venice.
- You can purchase bus tickets at the ticket office in the arrivals hall, from the machines in the baggage reclaim area – near carousels three and five – or on ATVO buses.
- The bus ride from Marco Polo Airport to Venice city centre takes around 20 minutes on the ATVO bus, or 40 on the ACTV route.
- Alilaguna water buses, or vaporettos, also connect Marco Polo Airport with Venice. The boats leave from the airport dock, which you can get to via a covered walkway outside the arrivals hall.
- You can buy water bus tickets at the ticket office in the arrivals hall, at the machines in the baggage reclaim area, at the office on the dock, or onboard the boat.
- The water bus journey from the airport to Venice takes an hour and 15 minutes.
- Marco Polo Airport has teamed up with a private taxi firm called Cooperativa Artigiana Radiotaxi. You can hail one outside the arrivals hall.
- Water taxi services are also available from the pier outside the airport. They can be quite pricey if you’re not travelling in a large group, so it’s advisable to agree on a rate for your journey before setting out. They’ll take you to the closest spot possible to your accommodation.
We offer a range of services, including foreign currency, travellers’ cheques and our Travel Money Card. You get a competitive exchange rate with us, and we won’t charge you commission.
return coach transfers
Just so you know, the transfer coach will drop off and collect you from the centre of the resort. This means you might need to arrange additional transport to/from wherever you are staying.
You’ll find a selection of well-known car hire companies at Marco Polo Airport – they’re available from the rental office on the 3rd floor of the P1 car park. Vehicles are available for hire from Avis, Europcar, Hertz and Sixt, as well as six other local companies.
With our huge range of excursions, you can add pretty much any experience you want to your holiday. Take to the sky in a hot air balloon, trek past waterfalls and rivers in the jungle, or swim with dolphins in their natural habitats.