For breakfast and dinner. Jalisco offers buffet and on the spot cooking stations, where you’ll be able to watch dishes being prepared right in front of your very eyes. Themed buffet evenings are held three times a week. There are 2 sittings for dinner, the first 7pm to 8.30pm, and the second 9pm to 10.30pm. And there's a dress code for dinner.
If you'd like a late Continental breakfast, you'll be able to pick this up from the poolside restaurant and swim-up bar, La Lupita. There's a buffet lunch and an à la carte dinner in the way of a grill and steakhouse, with 2 sittings for dinner. The first is 7pm to 8.30pm and the second is 9pm to 10.30pm. There's a dress code for dinner, and you'll need to book your table in advance.
Double room sleeps up to three adults or two adults and two children up to 12 years - can be sold as a single. With ceiling fan, minibar restocked every 2 days, liquor dispenser and complimentary toiletries. Wi-Fi at a charge
Double room sleeps up to four, three adults or two adults and two children up to 12 years. With ceiling fan, minibar restocked every 2 days, liquor dispenser and complimentary toiletries. Wi-Fi at a charge.
Average monthly temperature and rainfall for the Playacar location.
TEMPERATURE (°C)RAINFALL (mm)
Travelife Gold is awarded to hotels that demonstrate industry-leading sustainability practice. In other words, properties that are both greener and fairer to the environment, their employees and local communities.
Just back from two weeks at the tequila flying premium cabin on the Dreamliner. Firstly the upgrade is worth every penny!! We found our stay at the tequila fantastic from start to finish,the rooms aren't ultra modern but how they are adds to the charm of the place,couldn't fault the food at all and if you can't find anything to suit you then your just fussy,I'd return to this hotel anytime !sorry your just fussy beyond fussy.More
This is certainly 5 star
This is my second stay in this wonderful Hotel,I stayed here 14 years ago, on booking our holiday, I knew that it was going to be everything a good holiday should be.
We cannot thank the staff and the management of this Hotel enough for a superb relaxing two weeks.
The customer services were terrific, no request was met with a negative response,all staff were very friendly and welcoming.
Our rooms were excellent with a safe and mini bar at no extra cost, in fact, we did not need to spend another penny. Each day on returning to our room we were greeted by a small creature, made out of folded towels, on our bed. Our maid is very talented with the amount of different animals that she created.she not only kept our rooms very clean but left us little friends that put a smile n our faces.
The food that we were offered, far too much to mention all, was first class. I had a superb meal of fresh salmon in dill sauce, I shall never forget how good it was.
We had a choice of four restaurants ,the main one being the buffet, where through the course of our stay, were offered food from all over the world. The sushi was also very good.
Both pools were keep very clean and were frequently patrolled by members of staff offering drinks or inviting us to joint in with activities.
If we walked the 6 minuets to the beach,we could of used the free hotel shuttle, we were still well catered for as a sister Hotel Riu Yucatan, was along side the beach, we could use the dining room and the beach bar,again, at no extra cost and the same good quality.
It was very sad to leave. We shall go back again one day.More
Jennifer T, Ipswich, United Kingdom
Wonderful Mexican retreat
A late review, but this hotel is typically Mexican.
The staff are fabulous and can't do enough for you.
The rooms are large and the drinks on tap, however a musty smell due to the humidity.
The pools are warm and spacious with plenty of sunbeds.
The food plentiful and a good variety to choose from.
The beach is a buggy ride away or a little train lol More than easy walk away and the sand is white and the sea jade.
A great hotel with high standards.More
karcat, Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
Great value with great service but definitely room for improvement
This was my first time in Mexico, and my first time booking with Thomson as part of a package deal using Riu Hotels, but my parents had recommended them as they had used this hotel twice previously as well as the adjacent Riu Yucatan hotel.
On arrival the welcome was great - couldn't have asked for more; room key ready, paperwork ready, welcome drink, someone to take your bags to the room straight away. First impression of the hotel was very good.
Overall experience of staying here was positive - very good value for money, and Mexico is a great place to go.
There are a few things to point out however based on our experience:
1. Overall - As part of staying here you can use the facilities including food/bars etc at the Riu Yucatan. The Yucatan is right on the beach unlike this hotel, which for us was a massive benefit of the Yucatan over the Tequila. However the two hotels are very different. On balance the Yucatan whilst not authentically Mexican (unlike the Tequila) felt much more open, much cleaner and facilities much more up to scratch for an all round good holiday in an All-Inc.
2. Room - the room we had was 2110 right at the bottom of the hotel grounds which backed onto the hotel perimeter, it was quiet and serene if not a little dark in the room. However we found the room perfectly adequate, with plenty of space and good facilities. The housekeepers gave a top quality service. Only issues we found were the shower had no lighting which left you showering in the half-dark, there were no hot drinks making facilities which I found bizarre and I think are a must, even if it is a hot country, and the rooms could do with updating - they looked and felt a little dated. I think it would also have been better to provide more service around making the room feel like home (candles, room scents) rather than getting the house keepers doing towel art daily.
3. Food & Drink - The International Buffet was amazing, really could not fault the quality and choice available for all meals. The bookable restaurants were mixed - the asian was a buffet, the steakhouse a set menu and the mexican a la carte. The steakhouse felt too much like a factory line and the food quality was not great, but the others were good, and they make a change to using the buffet. There are a number of bars to choose from, but what disappointed me a little was that unless you wanted to either use the noisy entertainment bar or the sports bar (which is unecessary and very outdated) the only choice you had was the pool-side bar, which had no atmosphere and wasn't particularly relaxing. Drinks wise the menu is exhaustive with all of the brands you could wish for spirit wise, however the cocktails were all pretty much full of sugar & syrup.
4. Facilities - The main pool was very good and the number of beds by the pool more than adequate even if you arrived later in the morning (although as ever you still got people putting towels down at the crack of dawn...). We found that having to purchase wifi at a rather high cost a little off-putting and a bit old fashioned; I think nowadays you would expect this to come as part of your package.
5. Entertainment - both during the day and the evening shows were all fantastic, was well above our expectations. I would recommend making sure you are there for the evening shows in particular.
6. Service - On the most part the staff were exceptional, particularly the housekeepers, the entertainment staff and the waiters we used on a repeat basis. However we did find that some staff were neglecting us in favour of some other customers from the US who seemed to be tipping daily. I have no issue with tipping, but I did find it a little off putting that some staff seemed to expect it in order to incentivise them to serve you well.
On balance I would rather have booked the Yucatan but it really comes down to what you want from your holiday. For the price, this hotel is great value, the facilities are good and the service generally was great. If I were Riu I would be looking to update the hotel and facilities to bring them on-par with the Yucatan and other hotels in the Playacar resort.More
Just got back from 2 weeks at the Rui tequila, Mexico I had read most of the reviews on this hotel, but booked to make my own judgement. Upon arrival to the hotel, we were met with a very friendly receptionist, also with a nice cold drink, we were given directions to our rooms,which I had requested in a earlier e-mail. We found the rooms to be big and spacious, with everything you needed, we also found the rooms to be quaint, which we liked. The one thing we found, was the staff were also so very friendly and couldn't do enough for you to make your stay a happy one. The buffet restaurant is huge, and even if your a fussy eater ( which I'm not) there was always plenty to find to eat.
We didn't spend much time around the pool, as we prefer the beach, which was quite lovely, yes there was a lot of seaweed washed up most days, but there were men clearing it away before it became a problem. There are 3 speciality restaurants, which have to be booked early morning, we preferred the Steak house, as the meals the twice we ate there were done to perfection. We found that the fuss they make of you if they they know it's your birthday or anniversary was quite touching. The animation team do a good job, trying to get you involved in daily activities, then put on some quite good shows in the evening. Overall we can say we had a great time on this holiday, and will definitely be going again soon.More