Other Accommodation Reviews
More hotel details, photos and videos
we have just come home from karamboa and what a place! clean tidy people couldnt do enough for you amazing staff the entertainment staff are great my kids had the best holiday ever and they are at a difficult age 14 and 12 but taxi and whiskey were so good with them we didnt see them all holiday the food was really nice always fresh and good choice. beach is beautiful but do be aware the waves are a little strong take plenty of sun cream above 20 as you will need it, take your own hair dryer as the ones in room not great but does the job there was no nasty bugs no mozzies, we did the turtle trip that was great, the fishing is a must we saw over 20 dolphins a whale shark, flying fish the men caught yellow fin tuna, dorado, wahu and a sail fish got away the sand buggies were brill, plenty of beds on the beach and by the pool the spa is really good value, the only thing i would say needs a little help is the evening entertainment but they try so hard to please and are always smiling i cant say enough about this hotel amaaaaaaaazing loved it best holiday ever!!!!! thanks whiskey and taxi for taking such great care of my children and making our holiday as good as it was and the reps were really great aswell thanks the Davis family.
We loved everything about this holiday, the people are some of the friendliest we have encountered on our travels and could not do enough for you. We heard some people say the food was repetative but there is plenty of options to choose from and it was only repetative if you choose to eat the same thing at every meal time, if you love sea food as we do then you will love this and even if you don't there is more than enough other options to choose from. Although we tried all the specialty resturants the Buda was our favourite there was that much choice we had to keep going back to try more. Whilst we were there more parasols were put up on the beach providing much needed shade, the beach itself is lovely and the sea slopes of gently so you can paddle out quite a way without getting out of your depth however the currant can be a bit strong so do take heed of the flags. All in all one of the most relaxing holidays we have taken and we would not hesitate to go back I only hope that the planned new hotels and increased tourists these will create do not spoil this small peice of paradise. One word of warning if you like an active holiday then this is not the place for you, if however you just want to relax and chill out then this is the place to do it. Finally would I recommend this hotel to anyone -- YES but only if I really really liked them.
We recently holidayed at the Riu Karamboa in Boa Vista. We had an amazing time, the hotel and location were perfect. All the speciality restaurants are excellent as is the main one. A great holiday location for pure relaxation in the beautiful sunshine. The island 4x4 tour was certainly worthwhile as was the sand buggy tour. The spa was also very good. A little hidden gem of a holiday destination.
AS REGULARS AT RIU DOM REP RESORTS WE REALLY FANCIED THIS. DISAPPOINTMENT WAS ALMOST TOTAL. IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER:-
1. FAR TOO BIG A HOTEL. WALKED ABOUT 400 YARDS FROM ROOM TOP RESTAURANT THEN BACK TEN ANOTHER 600 YARDS TO POOL AND BEACH.
2. GIVEN THE DISTANCE FROM ROOM TO RECEPTION WHY THE SILLY IDEA OF PICKING UP WATER FROM RECEPTION? AND WHY NO SOFT DRINKS ETC IN ROOM?
3. I GUESS AVERAGE SUNSHINE HOURS PER DAY WHILE WE WERE THERE FOR 2 WEEKS WAS ABOUT 3 HOURS. I KNOW THAT CANNOT BE HELPED BUT SADLY WITHOUT SUN, THERE IS SIMPLY NOTHING TO DO ON BOA VISTA.
4. ENTERTAINMENT VERY AMATEUR AND REPETITIVE.
5. ALL INCLUSIVE NOW ATTRACTING FAR TOO MANY PEOPLE WHOSE IDEA OF A GOOD HOLIDAY IS TO BOOZE THEMSELVES LEGLESS FROM MORNING TILL NIGHT AND THIS MERELY UPSETS "ORDINARY" PEOPLE.
6. 4 DOGS ALWAYS AROUND AND REGULARLY FED BY TOURISTS, WHO SEEMED QUITE AMUSED WHE THE DOGS INEVITABLY BEGAN FIGHTING EACH OTHER FOR THE FOOD AND DISTURBING OTHER SUN BATHERS.
7. TOOK A TAXI TO THE LOCAL "PICTURESQUE AND QUAINT" TOWN. IT IS A SLUM.
8. DESPITE PAYING FOR PRESLECTED SEATS BOTH WAYS, WE DID NOT GET THESE SEATS ON REURN JOURNEY. "COMPUTER PROBLEM" THOMSON SAID BUT NEVER MENTIONED REFUNDING HALF MONEY WE PAID.
SAND AND SEA IS NICE. FOOD OK. MAYBE 3 STAR AT BEST. RUMOUR HAS IT THAT RIU ARE BUILDING A 2000 ROOM HOTEL AT SOUTH OF BOA VISTA!!!! GOD FORBID. 2000 ROOMS IS NOT A HOTEL ITS A TOWN!!!!
Very relaxing holiday. Beautiful beaches, hot temperatures (need to take high factor sun cream), and friendly staff. However there is nothing else beyond the hotel as it is advised not to venture into town due to over zealous locals trying to make a sale. It is also advised not to wear jewllery or take high value items with you on the beach as there were several muggings during our stay. HIGHLY recommend the sand buggy excursion as it is a fun and adventurous way to see the island and meet a few locals. Overall a fantastic holiday.
Page 100 of 144
23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 more...
Prev | Next
Calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras