Where we fly to in Messina
What do you want to do?
Flights to Messina
Messina destination guide
Book a flight to Messinia and you’ll land right in the pine-covered heart of the south-western Peloponnese.
Laid-back charm is the real talking point of this mainland province. All picturesque villages, age-old archaeological sites and fig tree-dusted hills, it’s got classic Greek appeal. What’s more, it’s fairly off the tourist radar. So, if you book a flight to Messinia, expect the atmosphere to tip the sleepy end of the scale. While away your days exploring the taverna-filled lanes of pretty harbour towns, like Methoni and Koroni. Laze on the golden sands lining the Messinian Gulf. Or head inland to find ancient Greece at its best at Olympia and Bassae.
Messinia Top 5
- BASK in the sunshine at Zaga Beach where the Careta Careta sea turtles showcase their nest-and-hatch routine.
- SEEK out the souvenir shops hidden along the maze-like lanes of Koroni. Here you can pick up some traditional soft leather sandals to slip your weary sightseeing feet into.
- FEAST on Kalamata’s famous olives – these juicy black treats have got traditional Greek flavour wrapped up in one bite.
- SPEND an evening at Kalohori – a taverna-bar in Methoni. Set high up on a hill, this place serves up sunsets more colourful than its cocktails.
- STEP back in time at ancient Olympia, site of the first Olympic Games. You can just picture olive-leaf-crowned athletes sprinting around the now crumbling stadium.
Just So You Know…Flights to Messinia touch down at Kalamata Airport.