Flights from Glasgow (GLA)
- Airport Name : Glasgow (GLA)
- Airport Location : Glasgow Airport is eight miles from Glasgow city centre.
- Terminal : Thomson Airways fly from the Main Terminal.
- Glasgow Airport is located eight miles to the west of Glasgow city centre and is linked to the main M8, which goes directly past the airport.
- From the east, simply exit the M8 at junction 28, and from the west, exit the M8 at junction 29.
- The postcode to use for your satnav system is PA3 2SW.
- There’s no direct rail link at Glasgow Airport. However, the nearest station to the airport – Paisley Gilmour Street – is just over one mile from the terminal and is connected by the McGill’s 757 bus service.
- Additionally, the First 500 Glasgow Shuttle links directly to the airport from Glasgow’s Queen Street and Central train stations.
- Trains from the Queen Street and Central railway stations connect to destinations across Scotland and the rest of the UK.
- Several regular bus services – such as the First 500 Glasgow Shuttle, First 747 Airlink, McGill’s 757 and Citylink 915 – link Edinburgh Airport to local destinations like Edinburgh city centre, the Buchanan Street Bus Station and the Queen Street and Central railway stations.
- All buses drop off and pick up from right outside the main terminal building.
- From the Buchanan Street station, long-distance coach services can connect you to destinations all across Scotland and the UK.
- Glasgow Airport Taxis is the airport’s official cab company. The rank is located directly in front of the main terminal and cabs are available 24/7.
Escape the crowds by booking into an airport lounge, where you can relax and unwind before your flight, as you enjoy free Wi-Fi, TVs, newspapers and complimentary drinks and snacks.
You can check into the Holiday Inn Express Glasgow Airport Hotel, which is only a two-minute walk to the terminal building via a covered walkway. Or, you can choose to book into the Ramada Glasgow Airport Hotel which is 450 metres from the main terminal.
uk airport transfers
We offer low cost National Express airport transfers, which take you straight to the terminal door, so there’s no need to worry about parking. Hundreds of coaches run each day from all over the country.
Glasgow Airport offers short stay, long stay and fast track parking options. The long stay car park is a five-minute, courtesy-shuttle-bus ride away and the two short stay car parks are within a few minutes’ walk of the terminal. If you’d really like to save time, you can pre-book fast track parking, which will guarantee you a parking space closest to the terminal for a faster check-in experience.