Flights from Edinburgh (EDI)
- Airport Name : Edinburgh (EDI)
- Airport Location : Edinburgh Airport is eight miles from Edinburgh city centre.
- Terminal : Thomson Airways fly from the main terminal.
- Edinburgh Airport is about eight miles west of Edinburgh city centre. The airport is linked to the A8 Glasgow Road – the A8 airport junction is between the Gogar and Newbridge roundabouts -- and is also close to the M8 and M9 motorways.
- From Edinburgh, join the A8 from the city bypass and head towards Glasgow. From the north or west, join the A8 at the Newbridge roundabout and head towards Edinburgh, then follow signs for the airport.
- The postcode to use for your satnav system is EH12 9DN.
- There’s no direct rail link at Edinburgh Airport, but Edinburgh’s main rail stations – Waverley and Haymarket – are located only eight miles away in the Edinburgh city centre.
- You can travel between the airport and the Waverley and Haymarket stations via a 25- to 30-minute bus ride operated by Airlink 100. The N22 – a night bus service – also links Waverley station and the airport.
- Trains from Edinburgh’s Waverley and Haymarket stations travel to destinations throughout Scotland and the rest of the UK, including Glasgow, Aberdeen, Inverness, Birmingham, Leeds and London King’s Cross.
- Airlink 100 operates a direct, 24/7 bus service linking the airport to Waverley Bridge in Edinburgh city centre, near Princes Street, and to the main rail and bus stations. Buses run every 10 minutes and the journey takes approximately 30 minutes.
- Night bus N22 is a bus service that connects the airport to Edinburgh city centre and the Ocean Terminal in Leith.
- Lothian Buses offer a service between the airport and Edinburgh city centre and Ocean Terminal, with stops along the way, including the Scottish Parliament and Palace of Holyroodhouse.
- Jet 747 operates a coach service that connects the airport with Fife and the Inverkeithing rail station.
- Citylink Air offers a daily, direct service to Glasgow city centre.
- All buses drop off and pick up from the terminal forecourt outside the main entrance.
- There are two taxi companies authorised by Edinburgh Airport – Edinburgh City Private Hire, which provides a private hire taxi service that requires pre-booking, and City Black Cabs.
- You can catch a City Black Cab from the rank located at the collection point on the ground floor of the multi-storey car park, directly opposite the terminal.
- To pre-book a private car from Edinburgh City Private Hire, you can either visit their desk in Domestic Arrivals or their office by the pick-up area in the multi storey car park.
Start your trip off in style when you book into the Number One Lounge or the Servisair Executive Lounge at the Edinburgh Airport, where you can enjoy Internet access, complimentary TVs, newspapers and drinks and snacks, as you relax and unwind before your flight.
You can check into the Hilton Edinburgh Airport Hotel or the Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh Airport Hotel, both located within a short shuttle ride from the terminal. You’ll also have your pick of a good selection of hotels – from luxury to budget options – not far from the airport.
uk airport transfers
We offer low cost National Express airport transfers, which take you straight to the terminal door, so there’s no need to worry about parking. Hundreds of coaches run each day from all over the country.
Edinburgh airport offers several parking options. Terminal parking lets you choose from a surface and a multi-storey car park „ both located right outside the terminal within a short walk of the check-in area. You can also opt for the long stay car park, which is situated within the airport boundary and accessible via a courtesy coach service. If you’d really like to treat yourself, go for the valet parking option.