- Airport Name : Girona Costa Brava (GRO)
- Airport Location : Girona Airport is 12km from Girona city centre.
- Terminal : Thomson Airways fly from the main terminal.
- Girona Airport is located 12km from Girona city centre.
- The airport is accessible from the Ap-7 motorway or the N-11 no-toll road.
- The drive to Lloret de Mar takes about 30 minutes, the trip to Tossa de Mar lasts about 40 minutes and the journey to Calella de la Costa is about 45 minutes long.
- The drive to Barcelona takes approximately one hour and 15 minutes.
- Buses operate between the airport and Girona hourly. The journey to Girona takes about 25 minutes.
- There’s a bus service between Girona Airport and Barcelona. The schedule of departures depends on flight arrival times. And, the ride to Barcelona takes approximately one hour and 10 minutes.
- Buses also link the airport and destinations in the Costa Brava like Tossa de Mar, Calella de la Costa and Lloret de Mar.
- You can catch a taxi directly outside of the terminal.
- All official taxis are metered and it’s a good idea to request a receipt.
- The ride to Lloret de Mar takes about 30 minutes, the trip to Tossa de Mar lasts about 40 minutes and the journey to Calella de la Costa is about 45 minutes long.
We offer a range of services, including foreign currency, travellers’ cheques and our Travel Money Card. You get a competitive exchange rate with us, and we won’t charge you commission.
return coach transfers
Just so you know, the transfer coach will drop off and collect you from the centre of the resort. This means you might need to arrange additional transport to/from wherever you are staying.
At Girona Airport, you’ll find five car hire companies represented - Atesa, Auriga Crown, Avis, Economy and Europcar.
With our huge range of excursions, you can add pretty much any experience you want to your holiday. Take to the sky in a hot air balloon, trek past waterfalls and rivers in the jungle, or swim with dolphins in their natural habitats.