- Airport Name : Madeira (FNC)
- Airport Location : Madeira Airport is 22km from Funchal city centre.
- Terminal : Thomson Airways fly from the main terminal.
- Madeira Airport is located 22km from Funchal city centre.
- The VR1 motorway connects Madeira Airport and Funchal.
- The drive from the airport to Funchal takes approximately 30 minutes.
- SAM and Aerobus operate bus services that link the airport with Funchal city centre.
- Aerobus buses depart from outside the arrivals and departure halls. And, the journey to Funchal takes about 45 minutes and costs around 5.00 euros.
- SAM buses depart from a stop about 100m along the road from the arrivals halls. The fare for the journey to Funchal is around 3.35 euros.
- Taxis are available at the rank outside of the arrivals hall.
- Cabs are metered and should start off with a balance of 4.00 euros.
- The ride to Funchal takes about 30 minutes.
We offer a range of services, including foreign currency, travellers’ cheques and our Travel Money Card. You get a competitive exchange rate with us, and we won’t charge you commission.
return coach transfers
Just so you know, the transfer coach will drop off and collect you from the centre of the resort. This means you might need to arrange additional transport to/from wherever you are staying.
You’ll be able to find five car hire companies represented at Madeira Airport - Avis/Budget, Europcar, Guerin/Enterprise, Rodavante and Sixt.
With our huge range of excursions, you can add pretty much any experience you want to your holiday. Take to the sky in a hot air balloon, trek past waterfalls and rivers in the jungle, or swim with dolphins in their natural habitats.