- Airport Name : Faro (FAO)
- Airport Location : Faro Airport is 4km from Faro city centre.
- Terminal : Thomson Airways fly from the main terminal.
- Faro Airport is located 4km to the west of Faro city centre.
- The N125-10 links Faro Airport and Faro city centre.
- The drive from the airport to Faro takes approximately 10 minutes.
- There’s one local bus service that connects the airport with Faro city centre.
- The service to Faro operates between 05.00 and 23.00. The journey takes about 20 minutes and costs 1.90 euros.
- From Faro, you can catch buses to other destinations across the Algarve and throughout Portugal.
- Taxis are available 24 hours a day at the rank outside the terminal.
- Official airport cabs are green, black and white.
We offer a range of services, including foreign currency, travellers’ cheques and our Travel Money Card. You get a competitive exchange rate with us, and we won’t charge you commission.
return coach transfers
Just so you know, the transfer coach will drop off and collect you from the centre of the resort. This means you might need to arrange additional transport to/from wherever you are staying.
You’ll be able to find nine car hire companies, located in a separate building just outside the arrivals hall, at Faro Airport - Auriga Crown, Auto Jardim, Avis, Budget, Europcar, Goldcar, Guerin, Hertz and Sixt.
With our huge range of excursions, you can add pretty much any experience you want to your holiday. Take to the sky in a hot air balloon, trek past waterfalls and rivers in the jungle, or swim with dolphins in their natural habitats.