- Airport Name : Malta (MLA)
- Airport Location : Malta Airport is five km from Valletta city centre.
- Terminal : Thomson Airways fly from the main terminal.
- Malta Airport is located approximately five km from Valletta city centre.
- Triq G Galibardi and Triq Guiseppe Garibaldi link the airport to Valletta and the drive takes approximately 15 minutes.
- Four express bus services – X1, X2, X3 and X4 – operate between the airport and destinations across Malta.
- Buses leave from a stop just outside the departures hall.
- The bus ride to Valletta takes about 25-30 minutes.
- You’ll be able to catch a taxi outside the arrivals hall.
- Cabs are available 24 hours a day to destinations all across Malta.
- Rates to many destinations are pre-fixed. And, you can get tickets for your ride from the booth inside the Welcomer’s Hall.
- The taxi ride to Valletta from the airport takes about 15-30 minutes.
We offer a range of services, including foreign currency, travellers’ cheques and our Travel Money Card. You get a competitive exchange rate with us, and we won’t charge you commission.
return coach transfers
Just so you know, the transfer coach will drop off and collect you from the centre of the resort. This means you might need to arrange additional transport to/from wherever you are staying.
You’ll find eight car hire companies represented at Malta Airport. The desks for Avis, Budget, Dollar/Thrifty, Europcar, First/Active, Goldcar, Hertz and Sixt are located in the Welcomer’s Hall, outside the baggage reclaim area.
With our huge range of excursions, you can add pretty much any experience you want to your holiday. Take to the sky in a hot air balloon, trek past waterfalls and rivers in the jungle, or swim with dolphins in their natural habitats.