- Airport Name : Venice (VCE)
- Airport Location : Marco Polo Airport is seven km from Venice city centre.
- Terminal : Thomson Airways fly from the main terminal.
- Marco Polo Airport is located five km from Naples city centre and is accessible via the A4 and A27.
- Since Venice is set on the water and uses a system of canals rather than roads, cars cannot be brought into the city. All cars must be left at the Tronchetto car park outside the city, which is accessible from the causeway that links the mainland with Venice.
- ACTV bus line 5 and ATVO Venezia Express service both link the airport with Piazzale Roma in Venice. You’ll be able to purchase bus tickets at the ticket office in the arrivals hall at the ticket machines in the baggage reclaim area near carousels 3 or 5, or on ATVO buses.
- Water buses or vaporettos connect Marco Polo Airport with Venice, as well as the islands of Murano, Burano and Lido. Vaporettos leave from the airport dock, which is accessible via a covered walkway outside the arrivals hall. You can purchase water bus tickets at the ticket office in the arrivals hall, at the ticket machines in the baggage reclaim area near carousels 3 or 5, at the ticket office on the dock or on board the water bus itself.
- Taxis are available at Marco Polo Airport. The official taxi company at the airport is Cooperativa Artigiana Radiotaxi.
- Water taxi services are also available from the airport to Venice. It’s advisable to agree on a rate for your journey before setting out.
We offer a range of services, including foreign currency, travellers’ cheques and our Travel Money Card. You get a competitive exchange rate with us, and we won’t charge you commission.
return coach transfers
Just so you know, the transfer coach will drop off and collect you from the centre of the resort. This means you might need to arrange additional transport to/from wherever you are staying.
At Marco Polo Airport you’ll be able to find eight car hire companies represented - Auto Europa, Autovia, Avis, Europcar, Hertz, Locauto/Enterprise, Maggiore and Sixt.
With our huge range of excursions, you can add pretty much any experience you want to your holiday. Take to the sky in a hot air balloon, trek past waterfalls and rivers in the jungle, or swim with dolphins in their natural habitats.