Flights to Thassos
- Soak up the sun on Paradise Beach. With its powder-white sands and azure-blue waters, it gives Caribbean swathes a run for their money.
- Stop by the Monday market at Prinos to snap up a marble carving. This traditional piece of Greece will slip nicely into your suitcase – just watch out for the weight.
- Try out the island’s famous tipple, ‘tsipouro’. This distilled spirit is often flavoured with cinnamon or aniseed, and can be served steaming hot or ice-cold.
- Treat yourself to after-dinner cocktails at the Island Café in Limenas. This beachside bar has a ready-made dancefloor right on the sand.
- Hike Thassos’ highest peak, Mount Ipsarion. It’s tough work but well worth it for the spectacular views.