Flights to Samos
- Laze on the beach at Pythagorion, named after the mathematician Pythagoras. It’s Samos’ biggest resort and the sand stretches all the way round to the quieter shores of Ireon.
- Stock up on souvenirs in the folk art shops of Mavrarzei and Koumandarei. If you’re going all-out authentic, pick up one of Samos’ famous ‘flokatis’ - traditional handmade rugs.
- Pick from a platter of meze dishes at a waterside taverna. In Samos, the seafood’s pretty much guaranteed to be net-fresh, so include things like calamari and grilled octopus in the line-up.
- Nurse a large glass of local wine at the Aeolis Hotel, where the elegant roof garden offers up sweeping views of the Aegean. You’ll find it in Samos Town.
- Take in the crumbled ruins of the Temple of Hera, dedicated to the goddess and wife of Zeus. You can’t miss the single column that towers above the rubble - it’s the only one that still stands.