Flights to Meganissi
- Leave your footprints in the sands at Ai Yiannis, the island’s most popular beach. If you like things even quieter, catch a caique from Vathi and sail to coves you can’t reach on foot.
- Give your souvenirs a culinary slant, rummaging round the little grocery shops in Spartohori. Homemade olive oil, thyme-infused honey and kumquat liqueur are among the spoils.
- Pick out a waterfront taverna in Vathi and watch fishermen mending their nets while you dig into moussaka like it’s meant to taste.
- Check out Meganissi’s sea caves. According to the locals, they doubled up as submarine hideouts during World War II.
- Lace up your hiking boots and untangle a jumble of trails that takes in old stone windmills, abandoned chapels and olive groves that glint in the sunlight.