- Airport Name : Crete Heraklion (HER)
- Airport Location : Heraklion Airport is 5km from Heraklion city centre.
- Terminal : Thomson Airways fly from the main terminal.
- Heraklion Airport is 5km from Heraklion city centre.
- The airport is located off the E75 road and is also accessible from Heraklion via the main road - Makariou.
- Buses depart from outside the arrivals hall.
- Bus number 78 departs every 10 minutes and connects the airport and the bus station in Heraklion city centre.
- You can catch a cab from the taxi rank outside the arrivals hall.
- It’s recommended that you confirm your fare with your driver before heading out.
We offer a range of services, including foreign currency, travellers’ cheques and our Travel Money Card. You get a competitive exchange rate with us, and we won’t charge you commission.
return coach transfers
Just so you know, the transfer coach will drop off and collect you from the centre of the resort. This means you might need to arrange additional transport to/from wherever you are staying.
There are four car hire companies represented at Heraklion Airport - Avis, Autohellas, Eurodollar and Travel Star.
With our huge range of excursions, you can add pretty much any experience you want to your holiday. Take to the sky in a hot air balloon, trek past waterfalls and rivers in the jungle, or swim with dolphins in their natural habitats.