Flights to Heraklion area
About Heraklion area
- Flake out on one of the beaches along Crete’s northern coast. They range from quiet coves to lively, bar-backed stretches.
- Tuck into Greek meze at a traditional taverna, followed by a tot of the island’s signature liqueur – raki.
- Learn about the legend of Theseus and the Minotaur at the Palace of Knossos. It’s Crete’s most iconic ancient site, and was once home to the Minoan kings.
- Dance until you drop in the island’s party capital, Malia. It’s half an hour’s drive along the coast from Heraklion.
- Explore the old port, where a Venetian fort pokes out from the coastline.