Flights to Chania area
About Chania area
- Relax on Nea Chora Beach. As Chania’s main beach, its golden sand is dotted with sunloungers and lined by bars and restaurants.
- Explore the maze-like streets of Chania’s Venetian old town. It’s filled with everything from museums and churches to craft shops and nightspots.
- Walk along the breakwater to Chania’s Venetian lighthouse for panoramic views of the harbour and out to sea.
- Tuck into freshly-caught seafood, stuffed vine leaves or slow-cooked pork on the al fresco terrace of a harbour-front restaurant.
- Lace up your walking boots and hike the 16-kilometre-long trail through the Samaria Gorge. As you go, look out for the endangered kri-kri goats, which are native to the island.