Flights to Samana
- Rehydrate with a freshly-cracked-open coconut on La Playita Beach. This stretch of palm-backed sand is half an hour from Samana Town.
- Bag yourself some souvenirs on the malecon in Samana Town. Stall holders tend to set up here when cruise ships pull into town and they sell everything from driftwood artwork to tropical jams.
- Tuck into food with a view at El Cabito in Las Galeras. This restaurant is on the top of a cliff and the tables look out over Rincon Bay. The highlights of the menu include lobster, conch and dorado fillet.
- Listen to live music as the waves break on the beach in front of you. On Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights there’s a carnival air in Las Terrenas and musicians and market stall holders set up shop along the waterfront.
- Sail out into the Bay of Samana to spot humpback whales. Pods of these natural giants migrate through the waters here between January and March every year.