...Aboard one of our transatlantic cruises
On our transatlantic Caribbean cruises, you could now make some dreams a reality.
If you’ve always wanted to create a masterpiece, then make sure you snap up the chance on one of Thomson Dream’s ‘Live the Dream’ workshops.
If you're sailing with us this winter, you can look forward to...
Our Live the Dream courses all take place onboard Thomson Dream, during our Transatlantic cruises. They’re offer up exciting new ways to spend your time during the six days at sea. Plus you can create your very own work of art in the process.
If you've got a sweet tooth, The Art of Chocolate Making is a must. You'll be taught how to mix, decorate and taste your own creations.
Budding Picassos should sign up for The Art of Painting and Drawing course, helping you to improve your brush strokes.
Then there's The Art of Book Writing. These workshops will provide tips for producing your own fiction, and there'll be poetry readings and short story competitions too. Plus they'll be hosted by best-selling authors.
What’s involved? Well, each course is actually a series of workshops designed to teach you a little bit more every day. Here’s the lowdown on Live the Dream...
1. History of chocolate and tasting - listen and try
2. Truffle making – participating
3. Chocolate pizza making and decorations - watching with audience participation
4. Making molded chocolates – participation
5. Chocolate shoe making – watching
6. Chocolate portrait painting – participation
7. Molded chocolate truffles – watching
8. Chocolate truffle making again - participation
Just so you know… Gerry does the truffle session twice to make sure you still have a supply to take home with you after you’ve eaten the first batch.
The Art Of Painting - £25
1. Issue of packs - how to use paints and brushes
2. Basic watercolour washes and techniques
3. First painting - A harbour sunset - part 1
4. A harbour sunset - part 2
5. Colour mixing workshop
6. Painting a Caribbean beach scene - part1
7. Caribbean beach scene - part 2
8. Exhibition of work
How To Write In Eight Easy Steps - £15
1. What a good idea – finding an idea that works
2. The plot thickens – how to plot your story
3. A real character – developing convincing characters
4. Say that again – writing dynamic dialogue
5. Standing in your character’s shoes – writing from a character’s point of view
6. Wish you were here – creating the setting
7. Revise, revise, revise – checking for mistakes
8. How to get published – tricks and tips to maximise your chances
Just so you know... each session stands alone, so you can do the whole course or dip in and out – which ever suits you best.
It’s worth bearing in mind that the course may differ slightly to the running order listed here – this is just to give you a taste of what’s on offer.
To guarantee you’ll get a space on the course of your choice, you'll need to book our Live the Dream courses before you travel.
More on Thomson Dream transatlantic cruises