Click on the relevant question for more information.
What does board basis mean, and how does it relate to RO, SC, BB, HB, FB or AI?
Board basis simply means the sort of dining arrangements that you have selected for your holiday. For example you may have selected a hotel which cooks all your meals for you and which are included in the price. Or, you may have selected an apartment with cooking facilities, which means you arrange your own meals.
Board basis meanings and abbreviations are as follows:
- Room Only (RO) means that no meals will be included in the price you have paid for your accommodation/holiday package.
- Self Catering (SC) means that no meals are included in the cost of your accommodation/holiday package, but you will be provided with catering facilities in your accommodation to cook light meals.
- Bed and Breakfast (BB) means that breakfast is included in the price you have paid for your accommodation/holiday package.
- Half Board (HB) means that your breakfast and evening meal is included in the price you have paid for your accommodation/holiday package. In some cases you can choose to receive lunch instead of breakfast - the hotel will confirm this upon arrival.
- Full Board (FB) means that breakfast, lunch and evening meals are included in the price you have paid for your accommodation/holiday package.
- All Inclusive (AI) means all meals and locally produced drinks are included (until midnight, when a cash bar system may operate. This may vary depending on the accommodation). You may also be entitled to entertainment and non-motorised water sports laid on by your hotel. Please see the All-Inclusive section in the A-Z guide at the back of your holiday brochure for further details.
Back to top^
What are accommodation ratings?
Accommodation ratings may be shown as either the official rating, or the tour operator's own rating - for example Thomson's own rating is known as a 'T' rating, but please be aware that there may be a difference between the accommodation's official rating and the tour operator's own rating. Our rating is based on annual appraisals and customers' views taken from their end-of-holiday customer satisfaction questionnaires, with hotels and apartments rating from '2' for no-frills, good value accommodation to '5' for more comfort and a wider range of facilities.
Back to top^