A fantastic portfolio of pools, bars and restaurants adds to this luxury hotel’s beach-side setting.
This luxurious hotel really takes care of guests – from the welcoming glass of cava to the turn-down service at night. It’s ideal for beach lovers, too, with a sandy stretch just outside.
There are three pools, plus a smaller number for children, and an adults-only Jacuzzi® . When it comes to food, five elegant à la cartes cover world cuisine, while a selection of bars serve mellow music.
3 buffet and show cooking restaurants - international 'Yaiza', Italian 'La Piazzetta' and Mexican 'La Hacienda'. Christmas and New Year's Eve gala dinners. Deluxe Half Board includes Half Board plus 4 extra restaurants - Japanese 'Kampai', Italian à la carte 'Don Giovanni', Tavern & Tapas and gourmet set menu 'Isla de Lobos'. Free minibar in room restocked daily with soft drinks, snacks, and complimentary tea and coffee making facilities.
There are three pools to choose from throughout the resort, so you can always find a quiet spot to relax and sunbath, read a book, or enjoy some energetic lengths. Surrounded by loungers and parasols and set within the palm-filled grounds, one of the pools is saltwater and there are two smaller children's pools too.
This restaurant serves breakfast and dinner. There is show cooking where you can watch dishes being prepared right in front of your very eyes. Opening times may vary and you'll need to make a reservation.
Kikoland is a great place for children to have adventures, enjoy sports and play with new friends. With pools, tennis courts, games house and many more facilities, there is something for children of every age up to 16. However, young children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
These spacious suites with their natural décor running throughout can sleep up to four. They come with a bedroom, lounge with two sofa-beds suitable for two children up to 12 years old. There's a microwave, kettle, plus a minibar at a charge.
These junior suites with natural tones running throughout can sleep up to three. They come with a bedroom and a sofa-bed in the lounge suitable for a child up to 12 years. There's a microwave and a kettle, plus a minibar at a charge.
Average monthly temperature and rainfall for the Playa Blanca location.
TEMPERATURE (°C)RAINFALL (mm)
Travelife Gold is awarded to hotels that demonstrate industry-leading sustainability practice. In other words, properties that are both greener and fairer to the environment, their employees and local communities.
Overall our experience at the Princesa Yaiza report was very positive:
- room size was good; note that reception is on the 3rd floor
- our rooms had a separate bedroom, large bathroom (incl. very nice shower area and bath); there was a small lounge/dining area which led out to the balcony and there was also a sink/fridge area as well. Lots of storage in the room
- the internal layout of the hotel was good and easy to navigate; sufficient lifts for disabled access
- we were on the 2nd floor and overlooking essentially a rock garden (nothing too special)
- but I'm sure that the rooms facing the pool/sea would be quite noisy due to the activity around the swimming pools
- breakfast was good; they have 3 large breakfast rooms (some got busy, one was usually nice and quiet)
- activities for children (incl. Kikkoland which is a small complex next door to the hotel)
- they had a soft play area indoors next to the main restaurants which was good for under 5s
- swimming pools were fine, although there was a lack of shade for the children's pool
- jacuzzi was nice, the staff were good to ensure that children were not in the adults jacuzzi
- getting a sunlounger was a problem; most people let their towels on the beds by early morning and the staff were not great a monitoring which beds were not in use. This was quite frustrating at times
- for some reason they didn't serve alcoholic drinks near the swimming pools; I guess this is nicer for families but not having a beer near the pool didn't sound right!
- lots of staff from the sports centre/Kikkoland walking around the pool area, highlighting activities that day which I thought was very nice
- the back of the hotel leads out onto a small walkway and then the beach which was really nice
- from the back of the hotel it was also easy to walk to the local shops and restaurants
- Kikkoland was definitely for kids and consisted of a swimming pool and some smaller areas based on children's age range. The staff were quite friendly and had lots of activities
- there was also a sports centre which looked like it had good facilities (didn't have a chance to look at this)
- generally staff were very nice and pleasant
- we also hired a car from the in-house car rental company; they gave us a nice car in good condition, we were able to see most of the island in a single day.
Our room was in the main building but there is a separate building which I think was for adults only; this was accessed via an underground walkway. In my mind this put those rooms some distance away from the main complex.
Overall this is a great place for families and can be quite lively with lots of children running around.More
UKLondonTravellerN, London, United Kingdom
Second visit and not the last!
We had another wonderful week at the Princess Yaiza Hotel recently. It was as good as ever! We could not fault anything about the hotel and were pampered from the moment we arrived. We highly recommend the hotel.More
Lorna7575, Dublin, Ireland
Best five star Hotel we have ever stayed in.
Both myself and my wife stayed in this excellent hotel the last week of September and it was heaven on Earth.From the time we arrived at the door of the Hotel Yaiza to leaving the staff could not have done enough to make you feel welcome and comfortable.Every staff member from reception to the cleaning staff were all polite and friendly.The choice of restaurants to eat in within the hotel are superb and the overall value was reasonable.The room was big and airconditioning worked really well as most days it was 27dgs so it was a welcome relief.The location of the hotel is fantastic right on the beach and only a few minutes stroll into the town full of great little restaurants and shops.The only one complaint i would have is that we asked for a room with a seaview but the view was blocked by a palm tree so perhaps this could be looked at as the partial view we did have was stunning.We will be back next year Hotel Yaiza so out with the Chainsaw.More
james d, Dublin, Ireland
Good family hotel
As others have said a very spacious suite with plenty of room and storage space, lovely sized balcony and very large and comfy beds! Nice touch having tea and coffee facilities. We had a few occasions when we weren't left enough towels for the 3 of us staying, we also had a day when no bath mat was left which meant we had to ring guest relations but this was easily resolved.
Lovely welcome and luggage arrived promptly in the room. Comfy loungers by the pool and off peak there were many available but as others have mentioned there were a lot reserved for most of the day with no one arriving to sit on them!
My only complaint was as a parent of a 2 year old, breakfast was plentiful with lots of choice but we struggled at the buffets in the evening for him. Snack restaurant by the pool was great for lunchtime but could do with a few more simple choices for children i.e. Cheese ham sandwich toasted etc. Our favourite was the Italian Al la Carte lunchtime and dinner!
None of the above things would prevent us coming back as staff were great, Kiko the duck was great for the kids and location right by a beautiful beach was perfect!More
SpiderwebbSussex_UK, Sussex, UK
This is the fifth time we have visited this lovely hotel. As I am wheelchair dependent we stay in room C510 which is well adapted for disability with grab handles in the toilet and shower area. The hotel provide a shower chair too, to assist with showering. The welcome is great, with a glass of bubbly (or two!) provided whilst checking in. A nice touch is the fruit in the room on arrival together with some gifts and souveniers. The food is good, although we mostly ate out in the evenings with such a great variety of restaurants on the promenade. Can recommend the Sidberia Arenna for excellent food and happy, happy staff! The lift down to the prom is a boon for me in my wheelchair and I love the saltwater swimming pool. We will probably be back for our sixth visit next year.More