This adults-only hotel gives you a peaceful pool scene and a beach on the doorstep. And the food’s first class, too.
The stylish Suite Princess is tucked at the foot of a mountain, just metres from sandy Playa Taurito Beach. Its 2 pools come with first-class sea views. There’s a seafront restaurant, too.
In the evenings, live acts take to the stage, or you can retreat to the piano bar for a quiet cocktail. When you feel like going further afield, there’s a shuttle bus to pretty Puerto Mogan, which is less than 5 minutes away.
Weekly gala dinner and late Continental breakfasts.
Selected alcoholic and soft drinks 09.00-24.00 - bar opening times vary.
Snacks 10.30-16.00, coffee, tea and cakes 16.00-18.00 and tapas 3 times a week.
2 outdoor pools
With sunbeds and pool towels.
With sauna and fitness room.
Held twice a week, with evenings ranging between Spanish, Italian, Canarian and international.
royal junior suite with sea view
Royal junior suite with sea view have been recently refurbished and sleep up to 3. Included are slippers, bathrobes, a safe, fruit, wine and water on arrival and sunbeds on the balcony. You'll also receive the premium drinks package.
superior junior suite with garden and sea view
Superior junior suite with garden and sea view sleeps 2, with a 26-inch LCD TV, upgraded toiletries and amenities, bathrobes and slippers, fruit and wine on arrival, minibar stocked with mineral water and premium brand drinks, and a balcony or terrace with sunloungers.
Well where do I start .I cannot believe so many negative reviews. We stayed for 2 weeks end Sept. Staff so friendly and happy, smiley people. Upgraded room when booked didn't know we had upgraded everything. Well worth it. Draft wine was a bit rough and as wine drinkers being upgraded to bottled certainly made a difference. Room was nice and big (7032). We stayed here to celebrate out 40th wedding anniversary, didn't need to e-mail beforehand as we had every good faith in the hotel and it proved top spot. Food in tapas bar at lunchtime was something else unfortunately we enjoyed it so much we couldn't enjoy evening meal. Thomson reps were brill. Unfortunately I can't remember all staff names but thank you to Levi and Yudaslainey (sorry if I have your name wrong) in the restaurant and the very happy smiley lady who was tidying up glasses in the outside area in the evening, we love you. Please ignore negative feedback on this hotel as it was superb, we will certainly go back. Unfortunately we don't seem to be able to book a superior junior suite for next year, is there a problem???? Room, food, drink, entertainment brill. Staff from very happy cleaning staff to waiters, to dining room and tapas also piano bar staff you are superb. We met some very nice people whilst on holiday and thank you allMore
LynnD5211, Manchester, United Kingdom
Stayed at the suite princess for a week with my husband and in laws. Rooms were spacious and clean. Food was exceptional so much choice! Wine and beer ok but baileys measures fab! Never had a problem getting a sunbed and we weren't up at the crack of dawn! Pool lovely temperature.animation team approachable with some worthwhile activites.evening entertainment - great deal of choice again, enjoyed the professional acts ! Only issue was that the temperature in the restaurant was a bit too warm, however its to be expected when there is live cooking! Location wise- quiet resort ideal if you just want to relax.port mogan worth a visit excellent restaurant there el bruschetta. Had fab week and would return to the hotel. More
Lovely Holiday - good value for money
One of the best holidays we have had for a long time. The weather was absolutely perfect with hardly any wind due mainly to the micro-climate which Playa Taurito enjoys. This is because of the large cliffs all around the resort. There are two Princess hotels, one catering for families and âSuite Princessâ for adults only. In between is a brilliant water park, shops and lovely walking areas with seating.
Like most holidays there were good and bad points, donât let the bad points put you off as overall good value for money but wouldnât recommend for the disabled.
Food â very good with lots of choice.
Staff â very friendly and well presented
Cleanliness â best of any hotel we have stayed at
Rooms â large and airy with good air conditioning
Fantastic heated pool â we were all wallowing around like hippos!
No shortage of booze â dispensers for water, wine, beer etc available around pool
and restaurant. If you go Deluxe you can get bottles of wine or Carver to take to
your room. Also if you like particular brands (i.e. Gordons, Baileys etc) then
Deluxe â includes : safe, fridge, tea facilities, wine/water/fruit on arrival, pool towels
change included (otherwise a cost of â¬1.80 for each change!)
Piano bar â and âNikoâ
Cabaret nearly every night â some very good
Duo for various events around the site during the day and some evenings for
One of our party was disabled â so would not recommend the hotel for this type of guest :
1. There is a step up in the bathroom between the walk in level to the toilet and bath area â very dangerous and resulted in my having to keep getting up in the night to ensure there was no accident. Didnât request a disabled room as we have never encountered this type of layout before and without the step up the bathroom would have been okay.
2. Lots of storage space in the room â unfortunately most of it was below knee height, so totally unusable. Should have been stacked one end. (Also wardrobe set up so there was no room for long items to hang).
3. Toilets around the pool were downstairs â even for an able bodied person were very dangerous with a handrail only partly available. The only other option were two separate toilets which both had to be navigated over marble floors which become very slippery when wet.
4. Disabled unable to negotiate down to the beach which is accessed via the pool area. There is one slope/stairs but the second slope is totally inappropriate (unless you have ropes) and the stairs difficult for people with walking difficulties, so would not recommend trying.
No changing rooms around the pool, I hate having to stay in wet things all day, you could go back to your room (having to cross a long marble floor!!!)
Entertainment area â spacious but there were so many pillars I would suspect that almost 40% of people were unable to see properly.
Restaurant â this area has the most criticism for me:
1. The stairs down to it are like climbing a mountain, they are very steep and extremely dangerous. There is a very small lift on the left hand side for the disabled/people with walking difficulties.
2. Having already mentioned that I was travelling with a disabled guest you can image my horror that nearly every night I had to fight with the little pest at the front door to have a chair with handles. Every night he was on we went through the same saga, he kept trying to put the guest in inappropriate seating, only on the last night did he seem to grasp that the guest was UNABLE to get down/up without handles on the chair. The guest was severely disabled, which was very obvious. All the other staff were extremely helpful and made great efforts to assist. This particular individual was rude, officious and upsetting in the extreme and got upset when it was pointed out â night after night â that the guest was unable to sit in the chairs without arms. He was NOT a helpful individual and upset me on more than one occasion.
3. The main criticism for the restaurant is the heat. The air conditioning is either non-existent or completely inadequate. The outside doors were shut every night but the last one. A couple of times we were unable to finish our meals as we felt faint due to the heat. This seems to be a common complaint by guests and this aspect of the hotel urgently needs to be remedied.
I do not usually write such a long review but there were many good/bad aspects which other guests might find helpful before booking a holiday. I would return again but not with a disabled guest.More
Carol H, Brighton
just returned on Monday 13th after a 14hr delay at the airport!
Bit of a dampener but overall we had a good holiday.
We did upgrade but unlike the previous review we only paid Â£150 each for the upgrade for two weeks and felt the better spirits, not having to pay for clean beach towels each day, the safe, the fridge and the convenience of being able to have bottles of wine day and night were worth it. There was 12 of us, 6 couples and due to a mix up in the booking, for the first 3 days one couple didn't get the upgrade and believe me there was a big difference in the gin & brandy, not sure about other drinks.
Air con in our room was very good and where they put us, a table for 12 at the very far end in the dining room was also cool due to having the large doors opened beside us, however the area just inside where you enter the dining room was boiling!
Why they insist on men having to wear long trousers I don't know, its not at all smart in the dining room, more of a canteen feel and the ladies can wear next to nothing, including shorts and tops that don't keep their bits in!
Food was good with plenty of choice
Entertainment was pretty poor other than the three tenors.
The pool area is as said before very crammed, space being a premium, but the beach gave plenty of space and much more relaxing, the sea was gorgeous and the larger waves in the afternoons were a great laugh.
The service of all the staff was excellent and our room was kept spotless.
Overall a good hotel, I would say a good 3 star with lack of space stopping it from being a 4 star.
A good holiday and good value for what we paid.More
agree with comments below, but the wine from taps not good, can just about drink the red. White and cava pretty undrinkable, beer and rose wine ok. Why have different coloured arm bands, really annoying especially when you find out you paid more for the holiday than others who had the premier arm bands.
Food was great especially the cakes at 4 pm but restaurant a bit canteenish. Go to the tapas restaurant for one of their set evening meals, 5 courses no extra cost or go to port Morgan 7â¬ taxi, lots of restaurants and very picturesque.
Trouble, the local duo, play in the evenings are the highlight of the entertainmentMore
Items marked with * incur extra charges which are payable locally
Prices displayed in the 'top places to stay' section are the lowest prices available departing within the next 365 days. All offers are subject to very limited availability.
All prices shown are updated once every morning and therefore could change at any time during the day. All prices shown are per person and are based on 2 adults sharing unless otherwise stated. When selecting an offer you will be asked to enter in the number of adults and children travelling, the applicable price will then be displayed based on your chosen party size.
All offers are subject to availability. Thomson reserves the right to withdraw these offers at any time and without notice. For full booking terms and conditions pleaseclick here
Save up to £400 per couple on September & October holidays – Saving offer applies to new bookings only on selected Thomson package holidays booked on thomson.co.uk. Offer applies to holidays departing between 01 September & 31 October 2014 and is subject to limited availability. Savings is against brochure price. Excludes flight only, accommodation only and any other booking type. Additional supplements may apply. Saving is based on a minimum of 2 adults travelling. Thomson reserves the right to withdraw or change this offer at any time.