This grand hotel comes with a chic pool area and a serene setting right next to Maspalomas’ sand dunes.
This elegant hotel is separated from the sea by Maspalomas’ famous dunes – follow the markers through the sand and you’ll be at the beach in 15 minutes. Or you could just lounge by the two huge pools at the hotel.
There are three places to eat, including a gourmet à la carte restaurant and a poolside snack bar. By day, you can play tennis or relax in the spa. By night you can enjoy live music and shows.
Had 10 days at the Riu Palace Hotel and very much enjoyed our stay. The staff are really first class, very friendly, helpful and so hard working. A real credit to the place. The food was excellent as well and good value as were the drinks etc. Pool area very comfortable although the pool itself needs a re-fit with tiles coming off etc.
The rooms are good size and we were lucky to have a top floor so had a great view. Recommend you go for a higher floor. The beds were awful though like sleeping on concrete! As with all hotels in Maspalomas the sea is miles away so be prepared for a long hike across the dunes!! When you get there keep your sunglasses on the shock of seeing very elderly (mainly Germans) strutting there stuff nude around for all to see is an acquired taste!
The nightlife is non existent! The Hotel entertainment is geared to Strictly Come Dancing !! Not for the more modern! Reminded us of Neptunes bar!!! Internet poor as well!
All in all though great weather great staff and a good time !More
An oasis with a amazing view.
The hotel is a very nice oasis overlooking the sand dunes of Maspalomas. When you leave the street and enter the hotel area it is really like walking in a new World. The staff was extremely friendly from the front desk staff to the ones in the restaurants. Our room had sea view and it was very nice. After a couple of days it started to smell cigarette smoke in the room. Probably the neighbors were smoking in the nonsmoking hotel / room. We complained because it was like the ventilation put all smoke in our room. They put us in another room that were so nice. Excellent job of the staff. The beds were extremely hard, but we asked for extra mattresses in the reception and after that it was fine, again excellent job from the staff. Really nice pool area and also a nice gym with everything you need. The whole area was a quiet and relaxing . Pool bar with good service. As always the German "booked" the sunbeds by putting towels on them. It was just to accept and be out in the morning and follow their example. The beach were not far away. But I must say that overlooking the sand dunes from the hotel where amazing. Breakfast was excellent and a lot to choose from. We had dinner included as well and there were a lot of dishes to choose from, this I could recommend since we did not find so many nice restaurants in the neighborhood. The social areas where terrific and there band playing music at the hotel made this a fantastic stay.More
Seven things about this hotel that might help you before you visit ..
This is an excellent hotel and I can thoroughly endorse all the other positive reviews: delicious food, efficient management, courteous service, good location, everything clean and immaculate but here are a few tips that might help you decide if it is the right hotel for you:
1) This hotel is more German than Spanish both in the nationality of the visitors and in the way it is run. There are rules about dress and the place has a sedate and ordered quality to it that I don't think Latin lovers would recognise. Guests have the same table not only every night but every year!
2) This really isn't a place for boisterous or lively young children. Most guests are older and enjoy peace and quiet. There weren't many children there the week we stayed and those that were were tolerated but nothing more.
3) The beach is a good half hour walk away across sand dunes - hopeless if you have limited mobility. Bring shoes that you can walk in. The dunes and beach are stunning so it's worth it.
4) The nearest beach is naturist which we loved but it might not be your cup of tea.
5) The balconies are spacious and have great views but some never get the sun so you might want to check this when booking.
6) Avoid the fusion restaurant - the food here was over-ambitious and not successful. Stick with the wonderful buffet.
7) If you want to go shopping, the Valerdero complex is far superior to the Cites one nearer the hotel. You also find the up class restaurants round about it.
We had a lovely holiday and can thoroughly recommend this hotel but probably wouldn't return as it wasn't welcoming enough for children.More
Sand, ocean, peace and service
This a hotel of my absolute liking.
The location is peaceful, the dunes are right there, the ocean is everywhere present, the service is excellent, the guests friendly, lovely meals ... Well I went home quite happy .... and the champagne and flowers as a birthday surprice absolutely topped it ðMore