Double rooms are spacious with contemporary and stylish furnishings. The neutral tones of the décor create a relaxing atmosphere. The bathrooms are what make these rooms special with stand-alone bath tub, two sinks and separate shower. Outside you have a balcony or terrace with a limited sea view.
Double rooms are spacious with contemporary and stylish furnishings. The neutral tones of the décor create a relaxing atmosphere. The bathrooms are what make these rooms special with stand-alone bath tub, two sinks and separate shower. Outside you have a balcony or terrace with a pool view.
stayed here end of October 2014 & it appeared that the hotel was gearing up for closure at the end of the season.. air con equipment that was housed along the corridors had leaked out and the carpets were very stained.. the food as other reviewers have stated was not always what you would expect, the coffee at breakfast was in an ern ?? 5* really, the coffee also tasted awful, there was Water was 4-5 euro's at the evening meal and although there were tea & coffee making facilities in the room that were stocked every day with tea & coffee there was no bottled water we have stayed in 4* hotels via Thompson were a bottle of water was provided. The architecture & look of the hotel is impressive however scratch the surface & the 5* status leaves a lot to be desired.More
david b, Newark-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Nice hotel for a relaxing break
Stayed for 2 weeks last year in June. Before I go on, the hotel is really nice and would probably consider it again for a week in the future any of my gripes about our stay are relatively minor in the grand scheme of things.
Anyway. Travelled with Thomson, half board (breakfast and dinner). Don't think they offer all inclusive. Anyway, the Hotel check in was quick enough although there was a small line waiting. Shock horror when a bus arrives. That was sarcasm there as there were a few moans and groans from the people behind. Anyway the lobby area is very very clean, modern and open. It is connected to the main bar area/ seating and looks onto the balcony down to the pools and a sea view. Reception staff were always super friendly.
Food. Yes I take on board that the food could be a little on the warm side compared to being hot. It didn't ruin things as the meals were generally decent. Good selection of food there are two sides for the hot food section which are mirror images of each other so don't wait in both thinking it will increase your choice. Ha (lots did I think). Deserts were usually very good.
Let me just state what I see as the negative aspects or let's say parts that let the overall experience down a bit:
- bottled water at dinner. Charging 4 or 5 euros for a bottle of water for a 5* hotel is beyond me. It's not the money as such but the principal of having unlimited drinks choices in the morning and then having to pay for water at night.
- evening entertainment. First off, the guy I am about to refer to was a genuinely nice guy... But... For the majority of the time they had one guy singing and playing guitar at the top bar. This just became predictable and repetitive. Night in night out same guy, same location same old. There was a jazz guy one night when we stayed around but next was back to same old. Anyway just a note that entertainment was not great. They could make use of the amazing lobby area by having a grand piano and mixing it up a little.
- prices. Drink prices were steep I think. I know it's 5*'but some of the pricing was taking the you know what. The bar staff upstairs were nice enough but a few of them were far too cocky for my liking.
Rooms. Amazing. Great quality rooms, we had one near the front of the main poor area on 2nd floor. Brilliant views. Nice balcony (although it does get cold at night given where it is in the world). Not much else to say other than they were spot on.
Location. Good enough. 30minute walk to Lagos. 4 minute walk to train station to get to Lagos.
- Go and try the restaurants over the road (both to the right and left along the road on the beach). They serve some nice food, fish being superb and for a fraction of the price of the hotel. Much more authentic. Cold beer and ice creams also half the price. Not even an exaggeration.
- Wine and cheese tasting / local food talks - Thomsons and hotel arrange free wine and cheese tasting session as well as a session on local dishes. Well worth the 30-40 min sit down where they try and teach you about different wines and cheese. Superb. You get a good amount of wine (8 tastings I think). Left feeling better than I did before it. It's held outside the upper pool side bar.
- from hotel go onto main road and walk left for 5 mins towards where train station is. Cross line and go another few hundred meters. You'll see the 'Supermarket' sign painted on the side of a building. This is in fact a wee store in someone's house but they stock beer, wine, snacks etc for really cheap and you can take it back and stock up fridge for those evenings in the room / balcony.
- make use of the sample massage experience Thomson and hotel offer once a week. Glass of champagne (or whatever bubbles it was), strawberries and chocolate and a 10 minute free massage with your partner. Free.
- get into Lagos at least a few times and have evening meal there. Some amazing food to be had and the place comes to life at night.
Summary. Nice hotel. Quality facilities. Nice staff generally. Food generally good but yes could be hotter. Location is good enough, nothing wrong with a walk I'm the sun. Would maybe go back if a good deal was on but only for a week.
P.s. Just remembered. Pools are freezing but hey ho, it gets cold at night!
If you go, I'm sure you will enjoy it.More
CalM86, Glasgow, United Kingdom
Lovely rooms but abit boring !
The rooms made the holiday bu other than that the hotel was abit boring ! We went on one excursion which was swimming with dolphins amazing! Would deffo recommend
We also catches the train up to local marina during day and found a lovely pub that sold lovely food and sold proper English ciders and beers and played football! Next door to Pizza Hut! Easy 5-10 min train journey about hour walk! I thought staff was abit rude too! But lovely weather and hotel ! Excellent locatio! Bed was so comfy and bath and shower amazing !!More
Best hotel I have ever stayed at...
We spent a week in this beautiful hotel! We were greeted with a refreshing drink as we were waiting to check in. It is very modern and has a quiet location with the beach about 5 minutes away, a small shop down the road and a train 5 minutes away which can take you to Lagos. Our room was extremely clean and the cleaners came in everyday. Our room had its own balcony which looked over the main pool which may I say is beautiful during the day and night. Rooms were sound proof. The food was amazing varying from day to day. You can sit on the balcony part of the restaurant and watch the sun set/rise. The waiters were amazing and some helped me with my Portuguese!! There is 24/7 assistance at the main desk and they provide you with beach towels. The wifi was perfect, I was able to upload pictures onto social media with no trouble. The TV was all in Portuguese but it didn't matter as we had our laptops. The hotel has its own spa and in door swimming pool with Jacuzzi and an in door gym! There was local night time entertainment at the hotels bars (yes you are able to buy alcohol). Overall a wonderful and relaxing hotel which I would 100% recommend.More
Callyyyy5, Watford, United Kingdom
It's just perfect...
We're planning our 4th visit in 20 months to this wonderful hotel, you'll see why its so good when you visit..trust me.
When you walk into the Hotel you just feel the stresses and strains of everyday life drain away (that's how it feels to us.. every time and that's why we are going back), you'll be welcomed by genuine and friendly staff ( Hey Audrey looking forward to seeing you again) who just want you to have a great experience.
While you're waiting to check in you'll be handed a refreshing drink as you look out through reception and to the pool and beyond. When you see you room, it'll just be...wow.. fantastic!
I love the food, the breakfasts are brill, fresh fruit, meats, fresh bread...or just 'English'... what more do you want?
Dinner, the selection is great and enough in my opinion to satisfy everyone, we're trying 'Browns' in house restaurant this year...not done it yet but can't wait as the reviews are Fab!
The walk to Lagos is ...well we love it, our goal is Bahia Beach bar 20 minutes walk and a cold glass of wine or Sangria awaits (beer for him) the food is amazing ..try the sea food platter or the steak yum, then 5 minutes maybe 10 if you've had more than one wine and you can walk over the bridge into town, there is this wonderful little ferry (tiny) that will take you over the river for 1eu but I think its only available summer months.
We also like to explore so we use the train, just 5mins down the road (out of the hotel and turn left) past the school.
Cant forget to tell you about the Yellow Lagos Spa, it's amazing, chill out time, Masha is the best and cant wait to see her again.. she's lovely...they all are.
going 24th May for 11nights, just ask if you have any questions
Susan and JohnMore