My partner and I have just returned from spending a week at the Apollonion resort & spa. I cannot praise the staff highly enough as well as the facilities. It was the most relaxing holiday we have had. Whilst we were there my partner treated herself to a full body massage (massive thanks to Maria) and came back a new woman! We enjoyed ourselves so much that we have already booked to go again next September. I would definitely recommend this hotel.
Many thanks for making this holiday a memorable one.
David Cresswell &
Suzanne Clapham More
As soon as we arrived we were upgraded to a beautiful family room with a view of the pool. The food is lovely especially the lunch time specials. The spa is a must very relaxing. This hotel is one of the cleanest hotels I've every stayed in not a fault in site. More
Amazing hotel,stunning surroundings !!!
We have just returned after a week at this amazing hotter and can only give positive comments about everything there from the room (we received a free upgrade to a family suite with a large balcony and fantastic sea views ) to the pool area and the bar to the restaurant where the food and service was first class.Although situated in a quiet location,everything needed could be found within the hotel and all in all a fabulous week in stunning surroundings.Couldnt
ask for more !!! Iain and Carol Patterson .More
Iain P, Newcastle, United Kingdom
Excellent hotel, top service
Very nice and clean rooms. Pool is big and even with the hotel fully booked there is enough room. Our flight went at 22:00. When we mentioned this at the reception we could stay untill 19:00 the day of departure without extra costs! (normal checkout is 12:00). Very good service.
Breakfast is great and Xi beach is 5 minutes walk.
The diner is a buffet and sometimes food was already cold. This would be something that could be fixed. The location is excellent but if you want to see something of the island you need a rental car.
If you plan to stay your entire vacation on the hotel: Perfect, if not and you got a rental car? perfect. If you are afraid of driving yourself and get by with a taxi, book another hotel :)More
xxxMaverick, Zwolle, The Netherlands
Great hotel with great staff. Relaxing holiday on a beautiful island
Summary: We traveled as two couples at the beginning of August. The Apollonion is a lovely, modern hotel. As you can tell from my pictures the hotel grounds are lovely and are beautifully kept. The staff are very helpful and attentive. We all loved the island, there are some great sights to see. If you're looking for relaxing holiday this is the place for you! Would we come back? - Definitely!
- It is a stunning hotel, well designed and just a pleasure to stay at
- Rooms are very modern, clean and comfortable
- Staff are very attentive and friendly
- As the hotel could not put us in rooms together we got a free upgrade to the rooms with a pool for the first 2 nights which was a very nice touch
- Food was good, although maybe not 5 star there was plenty of choice available at Breakfast and Dinner to keep us happy for 2 weeks
- Massage/Spa treatments are reasonably price from €45 for 1 hour with cheaper 30 min available
- Only 5 minute walk from the beach
- No fight for sunbeds and a lovely pool area
- Offer of the day around the pool - half price Ice Cream or Cocktail everyday
- Happy Hour - half price drinks between 4-6
Not so good:
- WiFi was unusable for most of the day, but you're there to relax so maybe a good thing?
- Lack of choice on the cocktail menu, and some were disappointing
- (Wasn't an issue for us)Location - 10-15 minute taxi journey to the nearest town. There isn't much to walkaroun etc. This wasn't much of an issue as we enjoyed the hotel so much anyway!
- Evening Entertainment - Not the greatest for hotel for entertainment but there are nice outdoor areas by the bar for relaxing, playing some cards etc.
It is a beautiful island with plenty of places to visit and things to do. Don't expect many shops or waterparks etc, this island is all about natural beauty and it has plenty of it! We hired a car for 7 days and didn't get to all the places we wanted to so there is plenty to explore.
- Must Sees - Myrtos, Sami, Agia Effimia, Argostoli, Loggerhead Sea Turtles at Argostoli, Melissani Lake, Petani BayMore
Items marked with * incur extra charges which are payable locally
Prices displayed in the 'top places to stay' section are the lowest prices available departing within the next 365 days. All offers are subject to very limited availability.
All prices shown are updated once every morning and therefore could change at any time during the day. All prices shown are per person and are based on 2 adults sharing unless otherwise stated. When selecting an offer you will be asked to enter in the number of adults and children travelling, the applicable price will then be displayed based on your chosen party size.
All offers are subject to availability. Thomson reserves the right to withdraw these offers at any time and without notice. For full booking terms and conditions pleaseclick here
Save up to £400 per couple on September & October holidays – Saving offer applies to new bookings only on selected Thomson package holidays booked on thomson.co.uk. Offer applies to holidays departing between 01 September & 31 October 2014 and is subject to limited availability. Savings is against brochure price. Excludes flight only, accommodation only and any other booking type. Additional supplements may apply. Saving is based on a minimum of 2 adults travelling. Thomson reserves the right to withdraw or change this offer at any time.