Stayed here for a week the first week of July, hotel very basic not one bed change or towel change in a week the shower is above the toilet and you only get 1 toilet roll. The one good thing about this hotel was Manos the night guard he was awesome always got you too bed of an evening he would not let anyone dodgy in the hotel and was just a overall lovely guy. Air con is 50 euros a week safety deposit box is 15 euros a week.More
Samantha D, Manchester, United Kingdom
Stayed a week at the Mistral in Malia with a group of 8 lads paid roughly Â£450-500 each.
-Lets start with the only positive thing about this dive is its location right on the bottom of the strip.
-The pool is tiny seen bigger pools back gardens.
-The Security guard "miros" also know as "Yhhh babbby" man is a disgrace! He personally threaten to punch me and get his "Albanian Boys" just because i said i was going jump in the pool at night i didn't even jump in. Furthermore he was casually racist and homophobic when working behind the bar. The guy clearly hates his job which probably explains the poor customer service we received there other review on here about him are true.
- Our rooms never got cleaned once or towels changed .
- You pay 50 euros for air con for a week which was hit and miss in our different rooms and the air con went off when you took the key out the room.
- The safety deposit boxes where not in the rooms but in the lobby which didn't really make you feel sure about your valuables.
- The whole twenties rep thing was a joke they were only interested in pressuring you to buy their events for the week as soon as you get there bombarding you with all the info, we only bought one event which was the festival which was good but the headline act Dappy didn't turn up.
- Dont even get wifi in the hotel, at Â£500, no wifi? really...
- We paid Â£500 and only got 1 toilet roll outrageous.
- Even the lobby toilet the staff don't keep toilet paper in them because guest steal the paper for their rooms because the guest only get 1 toilet roll for your room for a week. You would have to walk back up to reception and ask for some paper and you would get like a 2 bits of paper.
- The rep was only really interested in making her commission we said we pay her the next time we saw her which she said was ok but then she wakes us all up after the first night out at 9am in the morning chasing us up about money! You can get the events cheaper on the strip.
- I wouldn't recommend any of the events from speaking to other people out there. The strip is dead till about midnight and if you have been doing an event all day you come back and then going to go back out on the strip, it would cost you a fortune!
If we had paid 250/300 euro you would expect some of these issues but for the price we paid we were disappointed in the hotel.
Don't get me wrong i had the time of my life in Malia, we made the holiday not the hotel, twenties or thompson, i would recommend Malia we are definitely going back just not to the Mistral there are better cheaper hotels in Malia.
The best clubs are Reflex,Kings Cross and Banana. I took Â£600 and was tight for the last couple of days so id say take Â£700 (100 euro a day) although we did party hard! #7AMcrewMore
Andrij D, London, United Kingdom
Group of 4 lads. Would recommend staying in this hotel!!!!!! Security guard was and absolute legend. When you see him say yeahBaaaaaby he says that all the time. All the other staff are amazing too and treat you like your good friends of theirs.
Shower was not the best but other than that the place overall was was a great place to stay literally about 15 steps and your on the strip. Everybody spoke to everyone in this hotel which was made easy just because the general environment.
I didn't get the air con but the people in the room next to me did and said it worked a treat and that they had to turn it off during the night because it was to cold. DONT BY THE SAFETY DEPOSIT BOX because you will NOT need it. I left money out and my roommate also countless times and not a cent had been taken.
Would stay here again!!!!!More
Leiam T, Ipswich, United Kingdom
Worth a stay
Nice little hotel .. Basic but that's what you expect .. I went for a week with my mate and enjoyed it .. Rooms where clean and the twentys reps where really good banter.. And the staff where happy to help .. The location is right on the strip aswell so it's a very small walk to nightlife.More
I LOVE THIS HOTEL
Best place to stay in malia :D meros the guard will look after. You Natasha the cleaner is hilarious. Costa the owner is a grump but onece you talk to him hes a good man and the bar maids are good for a MWI chat. All in the okace was clean and just off the strip
Items marked with * incur extra charges which are payable locally
Prices displayed in the 'top places to stay' section are the lowest prices available departing within the next 365 days. All offers are subject to very limited availability.
All prices shown are updated once every morning and therefore could change at any time during the day. All prices shown are per person and are based on 2 adults sharing unless otherwise stated. When selecting an offer you will be asked to enter in the number of adults and children travelling, the applicable price will then be displayed based on your chosen party size.
All offers are subject to availability. Thomson reserves the right to withdraw these offers at any time and without notice. For full booking terms and conditions pleaseclick here
Save up to £400 per couple on September & October holidays – Saving offer applies to new bookings only on selected Thomson package holidays booked on thomson.co.uk. Offer applies to holidays departing between 01 September & 31 October 2014 and is subject to limited availability. Savings is against brochure price. Excludes flight only, accommodation only and any other booking type. Additional supplements may apply. Saving is based on a minimum of 2 adults travelling. Thomson reserves the right to withdraw or change this offer at any time.