Complimentary honeymoon and anniversary package available when booking a Beachfront Jacuzzi® junior suite or a room in a higher category for 10 nights or more. The package varies from time to time, but usually includes sparkling wine and flowers in room, discounted spa services and 2-for-1 on couples beachfront sky massage. Offer valid within 60 days of the wedding or 30 days of your wedding anniversary - proof of marriage required on arrival.
This offer is valid on bookings from November 2014, and for arrivals from 1st November 2016 - this offer applies to those booking a Premium swim-up junior suite or swim-up suites. Just to let you know this offer doesn't apply to group bookings or if you're travelling with a wedding party.
Food & Drink
Gourmet 24-hour All Inclusive with unlimited à la carte dining and gourmet cuisine. 24-hour room service.
Selected international and local-brand alcohol, soft drinks, tea and coffee. Charges apply to bottled beer in the bars. 24-hour room service and minibar restocked daily.
These modern, sophisticated junior suites have that little extra luxury as you'll have a private Jacuzzi®. Your suite will be fully air-conditioned and you'll have access to Wi-Fi too. Other extras in your room include a ceiling fan, TV, CD player, DVD player, iron and board and a coffee-maker. You’ll also find fluffy robes and slippers for use during your stay. And if you’d like to take a robe home, they’re available to buy from the concierge. Outside there's a balcony or terrace with views of the garden.
These spacious suites provide you with lots of space - there's a separate living area and a king-size bed. The Jacuzzi® is for 2 people - bathrobes and slippers are provided. There's also a pool view and garden view from your balcony or terrace. Your room is fully air-conditioned with a ceiling fan, has a TV and DVD player - there's also a minibar, CD player, safety deposit box and a coffee-maker. And the room has free Wi-Fi.
Travelife Gold is awarded to hotels that demonstrate industry-leading sustainability practice. In other words, properties that are both greener and fairer to the environment, their employees and local communities.
Me and my husband stayed here for our honeymoon back in May 2015, would love to return sometime soon, the staff and the people that work their are absolutely lovely, you really get to know them, we had a lovely bar staff lady that brought us drinks most days if we wanted to lounge around on the beach, she remembered every time what we drank, we tipped her a few times too. We got speaking to the people that work their and they really look after you, it's a lovely place to stay at for a holiday! Some days we would leave the resort and go of and explore on our own if we needed any help the reception staff where certainly very helpful. The Spa is amazing!! We had a couples massage and treatments in our honeymoon package and it was an amazing experiment especially if you don't have time for it back home. Our hotel room was amazing we had a view of the beach and it was literally on our door step, it was kept clean all the time, the staff always made sure our fridge was full on cold drinks and sometimes kept the air conditioning on to keep our room cool if we had just come back from a very hot day trip. On the day we where leaving our flight was delayed 2 hours they staff where very good on telling us this way before, and obviously we had a lot of time waiting around, they still let us use to Spa and hotel facility's for free! even when we where sighted out of the hotel, which was very very good of them.
We miss our trip here and the staff! But have made many memory's that we will remember their! And foreverMore
beth3003, Carlton, England, United Kingdom
Great 1st time Experience with the Karisma Brand but wouldn't go back to this resort
AIR TRAVEL - SUNWING
- travelled with Sunwing from Toronto, Canada and will NEVER do it again
- had to wait 30 mins for the shuttle from the airport to hotel
- driver was older and couldn't see properly so had his window open (while it was raining, so I got soaked) to look at hotel names
- a 1.5 hour drive took 2 hours because the driver got lost on the way to our hotel (at 11pm) - driver had to pull into a gas station to ask for directions. We felt completely unsafe, and Mexico isn't known as the safest country, so we were on edge.
- Sunwing should ensure their drivers actually know where they are going before assigning them to a hotel
- awful experience. We got to the hotel at midnight. The night shift fellow checked us in and the bell boy drove us to the building and brought our luggage. Tried out keys and it didnt work. Bell boy called the front desk and the guy who checked us in said "oops its actually a different room" - this was fine, because it was only 2 rooms down from the room we were trying. We tried our keys at the 2nd room and still didn't work. Bell boy called front desk again and the fellow said "oops its actually a different building"....are you kidding me!?!! had to lug all of our luggage back downstairs (no elevators) and go to a whole other building. This is unacceptable, especially because it wasn't busy, so I'm not sure how you can screw up a check in.
- lobby underwhelming for a 5 star resort
- safes aren't code operated - it's a key that you have to walk around with...again, not 5 star
- we had the basic room (luxury garden view) - yes it's dated but served the purpose! Beds comfy and bathrooms inviting.
- we never had issues finding a sunbed. If you want a particular one, yes you have to get to it around 830-900am. But if you're flexible, you will always find one. (When we stayed, the hotel was at 95% capacity and we had no issues)
- beds are so comfortable and makes you feel so royal!
STAFF AND CLEANING
- staff are AMAZING. Always cleaning; it poured once while we were at the pool and once the rain eased up, staff were right there clearing the water from the grounds and sunbeds. Amazingly clean resort.
- need some updating; they are a little small and not comparable to what you'll find at a Riu or Iberostar.
- AMAZINGLY clean...on our way home, we talked with other couples who stayed elsewhere and they said their beach was filthy. Ours was blue because workers were cleaning the sea weed from 8am - 4pm, constantly. You would never know there was any seaweed. Water was warm like bath water.
- not a wide shore for walking....so if that's what you're looking for, this beach isn't for you
- AMAZING food. We tried Japanese (loved it the most), Mexican, Italian, Caribbean and had a couple buffets on the beach. Can't complain about any of the food. Just delicious.
- Yes the service is ridiculously slow...we had to wait 40mins for a table at the Caribbean restaurant (that was fine...) and then one hour before we got our food! That was a little ridiculous but you're on vacation..what's the rush? Just ask for some bread to hold you over but management, can you please hire more staff for dinner or implement some other processes to get customers their food quicker?
- fair amount of options available.
- takes about 30 mins to get to you
- everything just as tasty as the other restaurants
- ordered breakfast and dinner once and really enjoyed it
FREE PLAYA DEL CARMEN TOUR
- we did the 4 hour shopping tour
- had to commit 1.5 hours to a jewelery store and tequila tasting...we really enjoyed the tequila tasting and even bought some goodies. The jewelery store wasn't for us but others on our shuttle bough stuff
- Playa de Carmen is an awesome little town - there's a Mexican feel with lots of shops and then a higher end area with typical American stores. There are lots of restaurants which looked safe to eat at
- We did the fish spa (fish eating at your feet) for 10 USD for 15mins and Loved it!! great experience
- the shuttle ride is 30mins one way
- every building is assigned a personal concierge - we had Ivan and loved his service - thank you Ivan for making our stay enjoyable, and always waving to us when we walked by. This service is so personal and we've never gotten this service elsewhere. You can book your tours and spas through your concierge (who is located right outside your building) so you don't have to go to the lobby all the time
- AWFUL - 2 days before our departure, we asked if we could get late checkout. the lobby staff told us to come back the next day. We did and they told us to come back in the evening...we did...then when we went back, the same guy that checked us in was there and told us we have to come back in the morning (day we were checking out) to find out if late checkout was available because he wasn't able to sign off on a decision like that. We wasted so much time that last couple of days going back and forth to the lobby because thats what the staff told us to do...they need to all get on the same page and not give different information. Their goal should be to make people's stay as welcoming and smooth as possible and we didn't have this at check in or check out. Not acceptable for a 5star resort.
- we were told we couldnt get late checkout as the hotel was full...but we chatted with another couple and they said they complained and were able to get checkout at 5pm!!!! We felt lied to and didn't appreciate this ending to our stay..unacceptable for 5star resort
- in the pamphlets with the food, can you identify which are buffets and which are a la carte? We went to the resort assuming everything was a la carte, based on what we read and what was in our welcome package, but there were buffets available for breakfast and lunch everyday and sometimes dinner. This is important for people to know, especially if they have to do an excursion and are in a rush to eat
- this was our first experience with the Karisma brand and we loved the luxury feel of it so will visit another hotel owned by Karisma in the future, but not this one again as we know there are more modern ones out there with presumably better check in and check out serviceMore
The staff at this hotel are fantastic, as is the food, grounds are well managed, the room we stayed in was old and tired and in need of an update, the beach is poor and nothing like the one shown in the brochure and the sun beds would not have been out of place in a 2 star hotel, I don't think this is a 5 star hotel, it is very much in need of a update, I believe that next year that people The USA and Canada will stay in the newly built part of the hotel and guests from Europe will be put up in the older part of the hotel, will not be back as I feel this hotel is oversold by Thomson and not value for money, would rate it as a very good 3 star, average 4 star.More
Is it about to change?
First things first we had a good holiday, but that's what you expect and like all Hotels this had its excellent, good and not so good points.
So to start with the excellent, that has to be the service it's all done with a smile and with style, maybe there is a bit of the American influence here, always after a tip, however there is no pressure with the hotel staff to tip so do as and when you feel it's deserved. I can't see the value or point of tips all the time it fails to be a tip, maybe it's the European culture v the North American culture. The food is good and nicely presented not all restaurants are of the same standard, the least interesting in our opinion was the Mexican not a great surprise as I don't think Mexican food has ever been listed as one of the worlds greats. The pub is OK why it's called a pub is rather strange as it certainly isn't nor is the food in any way related to a pub. The best are the obligatory Italian, the Asian and the Vida all of which offer a good standard. For lunch and breakfast we used the Beach BBQ as we liked it and also it was the most conveniently placed for our room and the part of the beach we used.
The gardens are a part of this hotel well matured and offering a nice shade as you walk around and protecting the rooms from the full sun. There is plenty of wild life to be seen with iguanas and plenty of bird life. So what is not so good about the place, well I think there are two worthy of mention. The first is that the beach has been attacked from the land side over the years with the hotel grabbing bits for expansion. The other side is that the sea has taken some substantial chunks out of the beach, nature I know but if you are running what proclaims to be a top end hotel you need to deal with this and replace lost beach. The second point of concern is that the big TUI brand is being stamped all over the place and the El Dorado being removed. Staff were obviously not being updated with changes that were planned and felt uncomfortable a view they expressed when they spoke about the changes. Personally I don't like the idea of going from one place or another in the world and being greeted by big brother TUI brand, let's make each place identical. Same signs same message same uniforms, during our stay all the signage and menses were changed so as to be rebranded and there was a rather self congratulatory Directors evening with an increasing number of German senior managers all patting each other on the back. Ya das ist gut, maybe but not for me, come on Fritz it's a Mexican holiday we came for and what we want. So my concern was did I witness the start of a general sort of mass anonymity change or is it not going any further. But last worthy comment we had a good holiday.More
Simon W, United Kingdom
Top notch hotel
Those that moan about this place need to give their heads a wobble. The staff are superb, friendly and helpful. The grounds stunning and large. The rooms spacious, clean and comfortable. The food delicious. Yes, as stated in some reviews, the portions were a bit small for a 38 year old growing boy like myself, but everything I have eaten here was stunning, and the big thing is you don't starve!!!!!! It's all inclusive!!!!!! Order another if your still hungry. Seeing the iguanas on site was a fascinating experience as well. Yes it rains sometimes, however, you are on the edge of what can only be described as a rainforest in the tropics. The clue is in the name. All in all, the best hotel I've ever stayed in on the best holiday I have ever had, oh and I can personally recommend the drinks at the swim up bar in the main pool. Ivan is an exceptional bar man..More