This hotel was awarded a place on the Condé Nast Traveler's Gold List for 2013, so you know you’re in for a treat...
This luxury hotel is tucked away on top of a rocky outcrop, and looks out over a spotless white beach. The sea views are second to none – and you get to enjoy them whichever room you’re staying in.
There are 4 pools here. And dining is a real pleasure, with options including a gourmet venue and a beach grill. Beyond the hotel, Ocho Rios – home to Dunn’s River Falls – is about a 10-minute drive away.
Honeymooners staying 7 nights or more get a room upgrade subject to availability, 30 minute massage each and sparkling wine. Offer valid for travel within 30 days of wedding. Please state 'Honeymooners' at time of booking and travel with a copy of your wedding certificate.
Food & Drink
Buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Selected local-brand and premium-brand alcohol, soft drinks, tea and coffee. Minibar.
Snacks at set times.
Suite with limited sea view sleeps 2, with a king-size bed, ceiling fan, sitting area, in-suite dining, flatscreen satellite TV, iPod docking station, iron and board, bathrobes and nightly turndown service.
Suite with limited sea view sleeps 2 - with a king-size bed and with ceiling fan, sitting area, in-suite dining, flatscreen satellite TV, iPod docking station, iron and board, bathrobes and nightly turndown service.
We have once again stayed at Couples San Souci and today I'm booking our return trip for August 2015 - we got home just last night !
I love to travel and my husband (not so much) -- usually I will only go to one place once -- since my "Bucket List" is to see as much of the world as possible before I'm too old to travel ---that being said --- I've been to Jamaica four times now and have stayed at Couples properties each time - that alone is a 110% testimony to the quality you get with the Couples chain. WHY ? you ask...
1st - the management and staff are efficient, accomadating, friendly, and FUN
2nd - San Souci is - "3 resorts in 1 " -
** "Up top" = the serene Spa area =
all our spa treatments were so very relaxing and the staff at the Spa are the best - they do what ever they can for you - a big shout out goes to Thelma & Tessa - ladies you made me feel serene 1 and Mitzi, Jackie and Judith - you Ladies have quote - "created a monster" - you've turned my "manly man" husband into a Spa Man - he loved it all and can't wait to do treatments state-side and when we return to you ladies in August.!
3rd - the main beach area of the resort is - a world unto it's self - with the main pool & beach. It has more water sports/activites than you can fit into your trip - the staff is always so kind , patient and FUN with us as they try to teach us - once again - how to sail the Hobie Cat , knee board , etc.
4th - the nude beach area is set off from the rest of the resort enough that you feel as if it is a resort all it's own - it's beach is lovely -a nice mix of sunny and shady spots - , the beach swimming area is a bit rocky on its bottom but nothing that a pair of water shoes can't handle -- the pool with swim up bar is fabulous as is the Jacuzzi and Grill food is plentiful and delicious - if you've never gone to a nude beach it is nice for first timers the staff is welcoming, attentive and patient with you as you get up nerve to "peel it off."
the rooms are all well appointed and if you lack something a phone call fixes it quickly.
A big shout out to the management -- all the managers are very approachable - for example my requests for recipes was meet over night
and even on a "day off" the management comes through for you -
- Pierre (the General Manager of San Souci) made note of my needs even while trying to relax in the sauna on his "Day off>" after a few days spent state side at corporate head quarters -- we were leaving the sauna as Pierre was entering it - he of course stopped to chat with us and asked if we needed anything - I hesitated to say anything since I knew he was on his "day off" but the opportunity presented itself so I dove in --- with my request for a stool to better access the sauna ledges - I'm short - he said he'd take care of it
We LOVE this resort and the entire chain so much that and will return yearly for our beach vacation
we recommend it 110% -- so much so -- that we will be sending both our daughter's for their respective Honeymoons to a
Couples resort !!!!!!!!More
We stayed at Couples San Souci (CSS)for our wedding/honeymoon. We loved the place. It is an older resort with renovation that is ongoing. The property is build on a series of cliffs that decend to reveal two different beaches.
We stayed in a suite in the Frigapani building. It is closest to the front desk and our room had two balconies. Our view was nice - overlooking one of the pools, foliage, and ocean. It was up high enough to escape night time bugs outside.
The wedding coordinator, staff, waiters, waitresses, spa personel, and drivers were all great. Most all were very friendly and welcoming.
The wedding gazebo on the cliff has an amazing view overlooking the ocean. The wedding sight on the main beach leaves a little to be desired and if you plan to use this spot, you will have a beach audience. We chose the cliff side option and loved it. Renae, the wedding coordinator, is very good at her job. We also were very pleased with the photos that the photographer did for our ceremony and reception.
We took the complementary trips to Dunn 's River Falls and the shopping trip. Both are very touristy but we had a great time. We also hired a private driver and explored some of the countryside. We went to east to Port Antonio and then headed up into the mountains.
The food is pretty good for the most part and it is easy to get spoiled in their room service as well. We look forward to returning in the future.More
Carthage D, Martin, Tennessee
Awesome Resort - Got married there on Oct 11, 2014
We had an absolutely fabulous time at CSS from October 8 to 15, 2014. The staff were just awesome - We had Darren and Dario sing to us after we got married and they were fabulous!! Would love to see them perform at the resort! Also a shout out to Roadion, Owene our photographer, Creshna our wedding coordinator and so many more. The staff were just fabulous. The food was great and the location was awesome! Our room was very clean in "A" block right by the pool. Everything was close and the grounds were amazing! We can't say enough about our stay there and will be coming back for our first year anniversary. Would highly recommend this resort :)More
Audrey S, Barrie, Canada
What can I say about this beautiful property? It was everything we wanted in a holiday and more!! Myself, along with my boyfriend and two other couples, spent a week in this paradise back in May 2014.
We booked early and took advantage of an early booking bonus which not only upgraded us to a beachfront property but also gave us a $300 resort credit!! I used it at the incredible world class spa. Getting a full body scrub and massage in the outdoor 'hideaway', feet away from the tranquil Carribean ocean was a highlight--all I can say is AMAZING! The remainder of our credit went towards all the Jamaican rum cream and Blue Mountain coffee a girl could ask for at the gift shop.
I could go on and on so here are some easy to read bonuses of staying at Couples Sans Souci:
* SMALL resort-max occupancy is 300 (150 rooms). It always felt like we had this paradise all to ourselves, not to mention you felt like you had your own personal bartender! This also made beach and pool time A LOT more enjoyable.
* The lush and well established grounds- Sans Souci has alot of beautiful folage and is located on a cliffside. There are so many little paths and hideaways to explore, complete with hammocks, natural springs and a stellar view. The pics do not do it justice. We loved walking over (or grab a free bicycle!) to Sunset beach (nude beach) for a once in a lifetime sunset (not a nude beach after 5-6 pm so no worries for those of you who did not come to see a `full-moon`lol)
* The water and beach--although small, it was perfect and private! With only max 300 guests, it was def big enough. Also we all loved that the removable mat/pillow on every beach reclinder doubled as a floaty for the ocean and pool! I could float away on mine for hours...
* the FOOD! We really enjoyed NOT having to go to a generic buffet every night! At Sans Souci there is no nightly buffett, rather every night you book dinner at one of their restaurants (no reso required). One night a week, they have a buffett set up on the beachfront and close down the restaurants which gives guests the opportunity to mingle and enjoy the beach entertainment (steel drums). The buffets for breakfast and lunch were top notch, never got bored with the food (especially the jerk chicken at the beach restaurant!) and the cocktails were AMAZING and made to perfection! I am very picky when it comes to cocktails and expected to drink beer the whole time until I tasted the pina coladas!!
* The staff- So friendly and eager to please :) Everyone from the bartenders, housekeeping, reception, spa staff, and of course the entertainment staff were amazing and hilarious and so professional! Thank you guys for treating us so well and showing us a good time at the sunset beach party! Loved partying with the staff!
*The room was nothing spectacular but who spends time there anyway! It was spacious, clean, and our mini bar was stocked daily with whatever requests we made--perfect! Not to mention the free room service we had. I wasnt expecting to enjoy the room service food but alas I was pleasantly surprised (try the wings, so good)
* The resort comes with a couple of free excursions which include a trip to Dunns River Falls and a glass bottom boat tour--bonus!
* FREE WIFI!! `Nough said!
I am NOT one to return to the same place twice but after Sans Souci, I may have to break this rule. We did not want to leave and we certainly cannot wait to come back!
Bravo Couples, you are definitely listening to your customers
6 very happy Canadians :)More
Items marked with * incur extra charges which are payable locally
Prices displayed in the 'top places to stay' section are the lowest prices available departing within the next 365 days. All offers are subject to very limited availability.
All prices shown are updated once every morning and therefore could change at any time during the day. All prices shown are per person and are based on 2 adults sharing unless otherwise stated. When selecting an offer you will be asked to enter in the number of adults and children travelling, the applicable price will then be displayed based on your chosen party size.
All offers are subject to availability. Thomson reserves the right to withdraw these offers at any time and without notice. For full booking terms and conditions pleaseclick here
Save up to £400 per couple on September & October holidays – Saving offer applies to new bookings only on selected Thomson package holidays booked on thomson.co.uk. Offer applies to holidays departing between 01 September & 31 October 2014 and is subject to limited availability. Savings is against brochure price. Excludes flight only, accommodation only and any other booking type. Additional supplements may apply. Saving is based on a minimum of 2 adults travelling. Thomson reserves the right to withdraw or change this offer at any time.