If you want a good all-inclusive package holiday with plenty of sunshine and drinks flowing this hotel does the job!
Rooms are spacious, clean with complimentary bottles of water, fridge and safety deposit box.
The hotel is only 30minutes from the airport and a 20minute bus takes you to the centre of Marrakech. The hotel offers its own bus service to take you in and out of the city. Thomson's also offer plenty of good trips into the city.
The breakfast and dinner were lovely. We found lunchtime to be a bit poor so we didn't eat much then however as we were all inclusive we didn't mind.
The pool area is huge! Swimming pool is a bit cold at first but soon warms up when you get swimming. Don't come to this hotel for total relaxation. Plenty of activities going on during the day including; darts, aqua aerobics, bingo, volleyball etc and the activity team, who are very good and very friendly, like to play very loud music during activity time which is twice a day. We used to sleep in between these times!
Also make sure you get up early for sun beds, after 8am there aren't many left.
The hotel staff were very helpful and friendly and couldn't do enough for you. Always polite and said hello.
Overall a very enjoyable holiday, I would definitely recommend this hotel and would return in the future.
The pool area is huge! Although you need to get down early to reserve sun beds, we were gettingMore
This was our first time to Marrakech. Landed at 8pm on Friday 25th Sept. Yes we were in the queue of approx 300 people waiting an hour and a half to go through security, yes we moaned as we shuffled along as it was hot - once through and on the bus we were informed that a famous DJ was in the country and this was causing delays ????
On arrival at hotel we were shown to restaurant for food, then We checked in and had a few drinks when we arrived at room suitcases were waiting for us outside room which was great as it meant we could go to bed.
Next morning was the welcome meeting - usually information.
We booked 3 trips via Thomsons (see below)
Hotel staff very friendly, rooms big and kept clean, public areas always being kept clean. No problem with wasps - just flies. Ladies toilets a bit hit and miss - run out of toilet paper one evening which was not replaced for 2 hours.
Sun loungers - yes you needed to bag a good space early but you would have got a lounger late morning. Hubby would get up around 7.30 to reserve 4
Entertainment - 12noon aqua gym which I enjoyed watching
Animation team do wander around encouraging you to join in other games. 4.30pm another aqua gym which seemed a bit more intense.
Pool was cold but you needed this as it was hot during the day.
Evening entertainment was awful - one evening it was just banging drums !! We decided to sit outside and listen to the two guys singing.
Drinks - a few people complained about the quality, yes it was poor and it depended on which waiter served you. You could ask for a 'strong' drink.
Food - again I would say poor, but you would not starve. We booked Moroccan restaurant which was okay, don't bother with the Italian. Only plus size to these restaurants is that it felt more relaxed.
Rain - late Monday afternoon mega downpour/storm and we felt the hotel was not prepared for this.
Trips - discover Marrakech whole day out and be prepared for a lot of walking, you visit mosques, Jewish area, palace, restaurant, souks and have an hours free time in main square. We are glad we did this trip as the souks were a maze of streets and we would have got lost. Second trip (3 hours) was Majorelle gardens which were beautiful but why they felt they needed to take you to a 'mineral' garden = olive trees and a dirty reservoir I didn't understand! This trip includes a horse and carriage ride. Final trip was Atlas Mountains which again were beautiful but another long day and several hours in a jeep. Only downside to this trip was our driver did not speak any English and I would have liked a little bit of information about the area, there is a guide with this trip but he was in another car.
Coming home - late checkout is 400 dirhams and you can keep your room until 4pm. However the electric went off at 11am and came back on at 3.40 on the day we were leaving so a shower in the dark was difficult. Hotel informed one person that it was not their fault and to speak to thomson rep ??
Airport not as bad as coming in and by the time you checked in, went through security it was time to board aeroplane.
Overall we enjoyed Marrakech. Hotel served its purpose. Would I return, sorry this is a no but only because I have only places I want to visit. More
553RB, Llantrisant, United Kingdom
I'm writing this review whilst waiting to leave for the flight home. I have to say we have really enjoyed our stay here. We arrived late on a Friday evening and we're met with a cocktail and a meal which was a nice welcome. The room was large and comfortable with good aircon. Saturday morning saw the welcome meeting and there were people moaning about the que at the airport upon arrival. Get a grip it wasn't that bad and your in Africa not Europe so things are done differently here. Mind you the guy that was moaning looked like someone who would moan because he felt like he had a right too......
The hotel itself is a massive complex. Our room was one of the nearest rooms to the main restaurant and reception areas but was still a good walk but on the plus side it was peaceful. The entertainment in the main room was truly awful however you have choices. You can stop and suffer the entertainment move to the lobby bar for a chat and people watch or you can go to the terrace bar and listen to a couple of guys singing who weren't that bad tbh. Drinks quality is OK it ain't stellar but it ain't bad. Food wise it's only OK in my opinion. I was in a riu in tunisia in January and the Louis zante beach in July and not wanting to compare European hotels to African hotels the Tunisian and here were on a par albeit repetitive and nothing to write home about. The Louis on the other hand was fantastic but it's not fair to compare against this hotel. The staff here are very friendly and professional at all times. More importantly they are polite and can't do enough for you especially if you tip them occasionally. I have been to hotel chains in the uk that would benefit sending their staff here to learn about customer service and cleanliness. Everywhere in the hotel from reception to rooms to bars and the gardens were immaculate at all times. We would definitely recommend coming here but make sure you see the old and new towns of Marakech and I would recommend taking the thompson trip to the souks as it's a labyrinth of mazes and alleyways. WiFi is poor unless your in reception area but who cares your on holiday !!!More
Pleasant stay, wouldnt return
I stayed for two weeks at the Riu Tikida Palmeraie.
It definitely had some great points to the hotel;
- The rooms were large, cleaned well, and the hotel was spacious
- For the price of the holiday it was great value for money
- The hotel offered a free shuttle service into Marrakech making it so easy to get out and about
For a basic cheap get away it was perfect
However, it also had its downsides;
- The pool is relatively small for the amount of guests at peak time, you have to get out to the pool super early if you want chairs around the pool.
- The bar staff do not regularly clear away cups/drinks and ask people tend to get sticky/fizzy drinks there is an overwhelming amount of wasps. I was taking my glass up the bar each time I finished a drink but other guests did not, by the end of the day you would have swarms of wasps around piles of dirty cups at each sunlounger.
- The food was ok but not great. There wasn't a great deal of choice and "themed" evenings were slightly un-inspired. I wouldn't recommend the Italian restaurant, however the Moroccan restaurant was very enjoyable.
- We were delayed on our flight out there, arriving at 12pm at night. We were greeted with a cocktail in reception, that was obviously prepared for our original arrival time and left to warm up until we got there which wasn't a great greeting after a stressful trip. We were also herded off to the buffet restaurant, which although it was thoughtful to keep the restaurant open, the staff did not understand when I said myself and my husband didn't want dinner so late and just wanted to check into our room. We repeatedly told we had to attend dinner. which again was a bit annoying
- My final gripe was the entertainment. It felt like every half an hour staff were asking me and my husband to play water sports or join tennis competitions or darts games. On a holiday we like to relax and read around the pool, go for a swim and then go explore the city and local culture, and would usually pleasantly decline their offers. One again the staff seemed unable to accept no for an answer. We would get called boring and lazy, seemingly on the hour every hour. I understand trying to encourage participation but if people obviously don't want to join in then leave them alone! after the first week of this it became tedious and irritating and I would pretend I was asleep each time they came round in hope they would leave me alone. NOT relaxing!More
Alice C, Essex, United Kingdom
Travel Agent Review
Fab hotel, really good pool area - great staff and the food and choice of dining venues is great. Really nice boutique hotel, well laid out - its more of a "Couples Hotel" and was popular with the British. You did have to get up very early to reserve a sunbed - this was the only gripe.
but the hotel did run a good shuttle bus into the centre of MarrakeshMore