The Riu Palace Tikida Agadir takes the term ‘luxury’ to a new level – a beachfront location and a chic pool scene are among its top credentials.
This hotel is right next to the beach, part of which is reserved for hotel guests, so it’s easy to flit from pool to sand throughout the day. It’s on Agadir’s shop and restaurant-lined main promenade, too.
A huge pool steals the show outside, while indoors you’ve got a handful of à la carte eateries and a spa.
Buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner, with optional dining at Fusion, Moroccan and Italian restaurants.
Unlimited selection of local and imported alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, served until 24.00.
Snacks at set times.
My wife and I were looking for a Winter sun break to somewhere we had not travelled to before. Agadir seemed the ideal with not to long a travel time. After looking at the various comments on this site we plumped for the Palace ( we have used Riu a number of times previously).
1. Reception personnel we very pleasant and accommodating, although we had to ask twice for a shower gel refill. However we had a problem with our safe and this was sorted very promptly.
2. Our room was spacious with a settee and chairs and good sized balcony (good room 3044), nicely decorated, great black out curtains.all the normal facilities and was kept extremely clean and tidy. Stocks of drinks for the fridge were replaced daily and there were ice machines on some floors.
3. Foyer bar was clean, tidy and well stocked (even with Jack Daniels and Bombay Sapphire gin). However the staff should be trained to recognise who was next to be served even when the bar is busy but this did not happen even when there were more staff than customers. The same thing at the pool and beach bars. Too much "who is next ?".
4. Pool area was well kept and very clean with reasonable waiter service. Whilst I appreciate that the aqua aerobics needs a certain amount of beat type music I don't think it is necessary during other times of the day when people are trying to relax, read or sleep. Fortunately the hotel was not completely full but even after an early breakfast all the best placed sun loungers had been "towelled !!!". At other Rius at which we have stayed there are notices around the pool " SUN LONGERS CANNOT BE RESERVED" why not here ?
5. Food for breakfast and dinner in the buffet restaurant was varied, well prepared, well presented and tasty with something for everyone's taste.
6. We had an early start for our excursion to Taroudannt and there was sufficient cold food available.
7. The KRYSTAL restaurant was a bit of a let down with no atmosphere, a limited menu and a waiter who wanted you to give him your choice almost as soon as possible as though there was a time limit for people dining (after all it is supposed to be A La Carte not a Beefeater).
8. The Beach bar for lunch was more than adequate but if you want to sit outside make sure you're there early or leave it until 14:30 before you eat.
9. The beers and wines were very good for an all inclusive holiday.
10. Entertainment in both the main bar usually good easy listening performers and theatre also good from the professionals.
11 We wandered along the promenade but didn't use the beach although it looked well kept.
Overall a very pleasant stay and would consider a return a some stage.
Everyone to who we spoke had also enjoyed their stay.
Other information. Don't bother with the Taroudannt excusion a waste of time and money. Agadir Experience was more interesting and far cheaper.More
Gian4, London, United Kingdom
Not too bad but
We spent a week from 15th Sept . We arrived at 10pm and took 45 minutes to check in, no problem as they gave us complimentary cocktails . The room we had was a double on the 1st floor. It smelt of damp and the shower water would not drain from the bath . This they fixed in 2 days . The room was handy for the entrance to the pool and we could use the garden doors to nip in and out. The beds were comfortable but it was 2 single beds.
The 3 restaurants were good. Best for location was the Italian as this was overlooking the beach and was nice to eat with the sun set. The main restaurant was good for breakfast . We had dinner there after our 1st full day and was throwing up that night, but took it easier the next day and recovered. The morrocan restaurant was nice although only served meat and not many vegetables. The fusion restaurant was fair and my soup had no prawns. The lamb was good. Puddings in both were excellent. I would recommend eating in the 3 restaurants for diner.
The staff tried very hard to please and were great. Tipping was not necessary .
The lobby was huge and created a great impression. Overall the pool and beach were great and the hotels best features. Good hotel but not quite 5 star More
Lovely, be back again!
Stayed here a few years ago and was truely lovely, I had a very plesent stay with my parents and always vowed I would return. After being again during the summer I didnt want to leave.
Lovely place with few faults in my eyes, everything inclusive always a fantastic choice of food throughout the day. The pools were great and the location was just stunning.
Wouldnt think of staying anywhere else.More
Mjm45, Kosice, Slovakia
Being a late arrival it was nice to get booked into the Hotel so smooth and quick, there was food laid on and the waiters made you feel welcome.
The hotel is very clean and the gardens are well kept.
The hotel staff couldn`t do enough they made our stay very enjoyable. The food was good and had plenty of choice morning, lunch and evening dinner.
We had no problem getting sunbeds around the pool but it did get busy by 10.00 o`clock.
our room was large and very clean but the only problem there was no draws in the room so we had to keep some clothes in our suitcase.
It was nice to have a 24hr bar where all the staff were brilliant we also had a minibar in our room with water, beer and soft drinks. the evening entertainment was repetitive live band and duo in the lobby bar played the same songs twice in one week.
The Animation team, we didn`t really see them for the first three days which was different to the Riu in Djerba we stayed in June where they engaged with all the guests.
But over all we did have an excellent time just relaxing and chilling out.
So thanks to the Management and all the staff for making our holiday brilliant.More
Items marked with * incur extra charges which are payable locally
Prices displayed in the 'top places to stay' section are the lowest prices available departing within the next 365 days. All offers are subject to very limited availability.
All prices shown are updated once every morning and therefore could change at any time during the day. All prices shown are per person and are based on 2 adults sharing unless otherwise stated. When selecting an offer you will be asked to enter in the number of adults and children travelling, the applicable price will then be displayed based on your chosen party size.
All offers are subject to availability. Thomson reserves the right to withdraw these offers at any time and without notice. For full booking terms and conditions pleaseclick here
Save up to £400 per couple on September & October holidays – Saving offer applies to new bookings only on selected Thomson package holidays booked on thomson.co.uk. Offer applies to holidays departing between 01 September & 31 October 2014 and is subject to limited availability. Savings is against brochure price. Excludes flight only, accommodation only and any other booking type. Additional supplements may apply. Saving is based on a minimum of 2 adults travelling. Thomson reserves the right to withdraw or change this offer at any time.