Livorno (for Florence & Pisa) - ITALY
07:00 - 19:00
- Get ready to be impressed – this is your gateway to the dazzling riches of Florence and Pisa.
- A living monument to the Renaissance, Florence might be famous for its art galleries, but the entire city is like one gigantic piece of artwork. Beautiful buildings, picturesque piazzas and stunning sculptures are everywhere you look. Marvel at Michelangelo’s David in the Accademia. Clap eyes on Botticelli’s Birth of Venus in the Uffizi Gallery. Then head for the Ponte Vecchio bridge to browse the glittering jewellery shops that find a home here.
- Pisa’s another Tuscan treasure. Make a beeline for the Campo dei Miracoli, an exquisite square which harbours the city’s cathedral and, of course, the famous Leaning Tower. Quite how it manages to stay standing will baffle you for days afterwards. If you fancy a spot of shopping, head for the Borgo Stretto. It’s a paradise for jewellery, leather, clothes, homeware and pottery.
- Explore the scenic Tuscan countryside, passing Medieval hill towns that look as if they’ve been caught in a time warp. It’s the perfect place to enjoy a little wine tasting in the sun.
- Take a trip to the villa of composer Giacomo Puccini, set on the banks of picture-postcard Lake Massaciuccoli
- Cruise along the royal canals of Livorno. Have your cameras ready as you sail through colourful 'New Venice', a labyrinth of canals, waterways and bridges.