Home » Holidays » Introducing The New Thomson Credit Card

Introducing The New Thomson Credit Card

With our brand-new credit card, every purchase takes you one step closer to your dream holiday.

Going on holiday has never been easier. With the Thomson Credit Card, you can earn Thomson Reward Points every time you spend. You’ll earn one point for every £1 you spend with us, and one point for every £2 spent everywhere else. So your petrol, groceries and clothes could all save you money on your next holiday. Simply book an escape with your Thomson Credit Card to redeem your points.

What’s more, when you use your card to book a holiday with us, or our sister company, First Choice, you won’t have to pay any credit card fees. And, if you buy your travel money from us at the same time, we won’t charge you any transaction fees either – so you’ll pay less for your foreign currency.

To top it all off, you can use your Thomson Credit Card wherever MasterCard® is accepted, all over the world. Plus, you’ll receive 0% interest on all purchases within the first three months of your account opening, including your next Thomson holiday. What’re you waiting for?

Start collecting points towards your next holiday. Apply for your credit card now.*

thomson credit card

Terms and Conditions

*The 0% period on purchases is 3 months from the date your account is opened, so the sooner you make a purchase the longer you will have to enjoy your 0% offer. If you do not make the required minimum payment on time or if you go over your credit limit your 0% promotional rate may be withdrawn and the standard purchase rate will apply. At the end of the 3 months offer period you will pay the standard purchase rate on any remaining purchase balance. Visit thomson.co.uk/creditcard for full details of this offer. No credit card booking fees when you use your Thomson Credit Card to purchase your Thomson/First Choice holiday in Thomson Travel Shops or on thomson.co.uk or firstchoice.co.uk. No fee when purchasing Foreign Currency in Thomson Travel Shops or on thomsontravelmoney.co.uk when using your Thomson Credit Card. You’ll earn 1 point for every £1 spent in Thomson Travel Shops or on thomson.co.uk or firstchoice.co.uk and 1 point for every £2 spent elsewhere.
TUI UK Limited acts as a credit broker for NewDay Ltd on an exclusive basis and is not a lender. Credit only available to over 18s and subject to status. Credit provided by NewDay Ltd. NewDay Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with registered number 7297722, registered office: Two Pancras Square, London, N1C 4AG. NewDay Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority with number 690292 and is also authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority under the Payment Services Regulations 2009 (Ref no: 555318) for the provision of payment services. Thomson is a trading name of TUI UK Limited, a member of TUI Group. Registered office: TUI Travel House, Crawley Business Quarter, Fleming Way, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9QL. Registered in England No: 02830117. TUI UK Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority with Firm Reference Number 738580.

47 Responses to “Introducing The New Thomson Credit Card”

1. normakeith@hotmail.co.uk' Keith Jenkins

I have well over 4500 points how are they converted into £s will it be taken off my credit card statement. I am going on the celebration in July can I use my Thomson card on board without the surcharge

• Rebecca1.Williams@thomson.co.uk' Rebecca Williams

Hi Keith, I would advise contacting Thomson Credit card for further information, the number is 0333 220 2670 ^Becca

2. johnflynn89@outlook.com' John Flynn

Hi Applied when first launched in November ,wrote in New Year to New Day where was the card ,received no reply.After last Thomson Holiday applied again in April using a new email address- again accepted but have yet to receive any cards.Nightmare trying to speak to Thomson Credit Card team as we have another New Day card keep being transferred to Debenhams team.

Any chance I can have card before next Thomson Holiday ?

• Johanna.Thomas@thomson.co.uk' Johanna Thomas

Hi John, Please can you email your query to cares~@thomson.co.uk, so we can look into this further for you ^Jo

3. paulcorder@live.co.uk' Paul Corder

I have a Thomson Credit card, and have used it to purchase holidays with no surcharge. Upon reading the banner which states that it can be used for all Thomson purchases, I tried to use it on a Thomson Airways flight and was told that I would be charged the surcharge! Tried also to pay our on board invoice on Thomson Majesty, again told that I couldn’t without the surcharge!! Part of the incentive for this card is to build up points on Thomson purchases to use towards Thomson holidays!! Obviously the inference that it can be used outside of the Thomson shop or website is incorrect!! Interested to know Thomsons response to this.

• Johanna.Thomas@thomson.co.uk' Johanna Thomas

Hi Paul, You won’t be charged any credit card fees when you use your Thomson Credit Card to pay in a Thomson travel shop in the UK or online at
      thomson.co.uk or firstchoice.co.uk. Other credit cards attract a credit card fee. Fees are applicable for payments onboard our aircrafts or to settle cruise accounts ^Jo

• richardhudson27@hotmail.com' Richard Hudson

Hi Just noticed this comment – I was under the impression that this card could be used on any Thomson Product, no matter where it took place and I would not incur a surcharge I am about to pay for a sensatori Jamacia also going on a Thomson celebrity Cruise where I was going to use my new tui card to pay for that – let me know asap as I will return the card if i’m going to be charged surcharges

• Jezreel.Garcia@thomson.co.uk' Jezreel Garcia

Hi Richard, I can confirm that there will be no surcharges for using the Thomson Credit Card. I hope this helps. ^Jez

4. markpbiddulph@gmail.com' Mark Biddulph

I now have my new card, can I set up an online account ?.To view my transactions and see my payment dates.

I have called Thomson’s but they were very vague, all I want is a YES or NO.

5. debbiechristian55@yahoo.co.uk' Debbie

Can you please confirm why my confirmed application rate is 29% and not 19% as advertised.

• Rebecca1.Williams@thomson.co.uk' Rebecca Williams

Hi Debbie, I would advise contacting the team direct on 0333 220 2670 ^Becca

6. hudson2000@sky.com' Christine Hudson

Please could someone explain why I cannot use my Thomson card to pay for my Thomson Lakes and Mountains holiday without incurring a 1.5% credit card charge. Surely this is just another part of Thomson!

• Rebecca1.Williams@thomson.co.uk' Rebecca Williams

Hi Christine, I would advise contacting the team direct on 0333 220 2670 and they can advise further ^Becca

7. pam.wardell@gmail.com' Harpam

I received my Thomson credit card over a week ago, but am unable to use it as I have yet to receive my pin number. I have phoned about this and was told it was in the post. I desperately want to book a holiday, but do not want to miss out on points by not using my card. What can I do?
    Also I intend to register my card when I go on my next cruise. What is the charge for using this?

• Charlotte.Baker@thomson.co.uk' Charlotte Baker

Hi, You wouldn’t be required to enter the PIN number for your Thomson Credit Card when making a booking online. It wouldn’t cost anything to registered your card on-board on cruises, however for your final bill, you’d need to pay a credit card fee ^Charlotte

8. djclements123@hotmail.co.uk' David Clements

Hi, has any one got any answers to my earlier question. It seems even when calling the Thomson Card phone line staff don’t seem to know exactly how the points system for this card works. I am very interested, but would like some answers as it is not fully explained anywhere on the website, as others have also mentioned.

• Charlotte.Baker@thomson.co.uk' Charlotte Baker

Hi David, What were your previous questions so I can try and find the answers for you ^Charlotte

• djclements123@hotmail.co.uk' David Clements

If I pay for the deposit for a holiday using my Thomson Credit Card (using any points earned up to this point), will I also earn points for this transaction? If yes can I then use these new points (along with any others I get from day to day use of my card) towards another payment for the same holiday? Also is it correct that points must be used within 2 years (it does not mention this anywhere on the website/T&Cs)?

9. jpbutt@talktalk.net' John Butt

I applied for a Thomson Credit Card on 30 January and received confirmation that my application had been accepted that day together with an application reference number. I was advised in the confirmation that after final checks were completed I would receive an email regarding the issueing of the card.

Having heard nothing since I today telephoned 0333 220 2670 and was told my application had been accepted but a card couldn’t be issued until I had provided a digital signature on the application web site.

I have tried to recover my application to provide the necessary signature but was unable to do so and I should, therefore, be grateful if you would advise me how to complete the application satisfactorily.

• Johanna.Thomas@thomson.co.uk' Johanna Thomas

Hi John, Please continue to liaise with the card services team on the above telephone number. They can discuss how you’d go about applying a signature to your application. I’m afraid this isn’t something we can assist with ^Jo

10. mikesullivan5@hotmail.co.uk' Mike

Hi – I have recently booked a Thomson holiday but there wasn’t time to apply for the Thomson credit card. If I apply and then use that card to pay the balance, is it still the case that no credit card fee will apply. It’s not clear on the website. Thank you.

• Samantha.Lyons@thomson.co.uk' Samantha Lyons

Hi Mike, You won’t be charged any credit card fees when you use your Thomson Credit Card to pay in a Thomson travel shop in the UK or online at
      thomson.co.uk or firstchoice.co.uk. ^Sam

11. djclements123@hotmail.co.uk' David Clements

12. paulmoody@moodyhouse.plus.com' Paul Moody

I have visited http://www.thomson.co.uk/destinations/info/thomson-credit-card and read all the FAQs and agreements, but there is nowhere on that page or links from that page which gives information regarding redemption of points.

Please advise where i can get information on how the points may be redeemed?

Are there restrictions on the maximum number of points which can be can be used for a holiday?
    Are the points valid for redemption on First Choice or just Thomson?
    Do the points have a time limit and disappear if not used in a specific time?

13. mkandp@hotmail.com' Mark

If you had the minimum points to redeem of 2500 what would that be worth against a holiday.

14. cnorcutt@btinternet.com' Christopher

How much are the points worth when redeeming them?

15. paulmoody@moodyhouse.plus.com' Paul Moody

Where can you get information on how the points can be redeemed?
    Are there restrictions on how many can be used for a holiday?
    Are they valid for redemption on First Choice or just Thomson?
    Do the have a time limit and disappear if not used in a specific time?

16. f.fazackerley@mmu.ac.uk' Fiona

There are many comments about how to earn points yet I have not found anything to explain WHAT points equate to in terms of helping me redeem against holidays. If I need 7 million points to redeem for anything of value then it is a wasted venture!
    Specific answer please.

17. macalloa@aim.com' Michael Clark

Surprised to learn that the 1.5% credit card fee still applies when using this new card on a Thomsons ship, or aircraft.

• Johanna.Thomas@thomson.co.uk' Johanna Thomas

Hi Michael, There is a surcharge on all credit cards ^Sophie

18. molyneux_zoe@hotmai.com' Zoe

Hi I have received my Thomson credit card and have been using it. How do I find out the account details so I can transfer money from my current account to the card to pay my bill off. I haven’t had a statement yet.

Hi Zoe, You can set up a Direct Debit to pay the minimum payment amount, the full balance or a fixed amount on your card automatically every month. If you choose a fixed amount, this should be for an amount that will be more than your minimum payment. If in any month it is less, we will always collect at least your minimum payment. You can also set up a Direct Debit using the Online Account Manager under ‘Manage payments’. Alternatively, you can call Thomson Card Services on 0333 220 2670. ^Jaz

19. macalloa@aim.com' Michael Clark

Can I use this card on a Thomsons cruise to settle my onboard account without incurring the credit card surcharge fee ?

This was 2.5% the last time I cruised this year.

Hi Michael, Our ships are cashless and prices onboard are in pounds sterling. You can charge everything you buy onboard during your cruise to your cabin account. Accounts are opened when you board the ship and can be settled by cash, travellers’ cheques or credit/debit card. To settle your account with cash we’ll need a £200 deposit for each week of your cruise. On all Thomson ships we accept Visa, Mastercard and American Express credit cards, and Delta debit cards. Maestro is only accepted on Thomson Spirit and Thomson Majesty. You just need to register your credit or debit card when you check in. It’s worth bearing in mind there’s a surcharge for using credit cards and for changing travellers’ cheques. ^Kayley

20. poorealgie@sky.com' Christine Poore

I’ve become a Thomson credit card customer but unfortunately cannot get Newday online in terms of registering my card.
    Thank you.

• Jodie.Williams@thomson.co.uk' Jodie Williams

Hi Christine, Once you have completed your application, your Thomson Credit Card will be sent to you within 7-10 working days (subject to approval). When your card arrives you must call us to activate it on 0800 915 2205 ^Jodie

21. terryabrown@32chr.freeserve.co.uk' Patricia Brown

I recently applied online for a Thomson credit card. I didn’t receive an automated “no reply” confirmation email so I telephoned to check that the application had been received but the person I spoke was unable to confirm. However, she did promise that I would receive an email by Tuesday. It is now Thursday and I still haven’t received anything!

• Jodie.Williams@thomson.co.uk' Jodie Williams

Hi Patricia, If you’re accepted or declined, it’s an instant decision. However, we may refer the decision to an Underwriter to assess. If so, they may contact you for further information before making a final decision. I would advise calling 0333 220 2670 to check this ^Jodie