Home » Flights » Don’t Forget To Check In Before You Fly

Don’t Forget To Check In Before You Fly

A relaxing journey starts with checking in online…

There are a hundred and one things to think about before you head off on holiday – packing, finishing up at work, cancelling the papers – so if you can get one of your tasks sorted in a few clicks, so much the better, right?

Online check-in

That’s where our new online check-in system comes in – we’ve launched this service to get you better prepared for your travels and, in short, make sure your journey’s faff-free. Be one step ahead of the game by printing boarding passes from 14 days before your outbound flight (you can do it at home or in any Thomson Travel Shop), then you can make a beeline for Bag Drop at the airport and take care of more important matters… like picking out that new sarong at Accessorize.

What’s more, you can now request special airport assistance when you check yourself in online, on top of existing features like choosing your seat and adding extra baggage allowance.

So, there you have it. Hassle-free travelling? Done.

Click here for our FAQs on checking in.

1,879 Responses to “Don’t Forget To Check In Before You Fly”

1. susan.nummey@gmail.com' susan Nummey

Hi I’m flying on sat 16th from Glasgow to palma but I can’t check in or provide API. I’m concerned that confirmation email states I must provide API 24 hours before travelling or I may not be able to fly.

• susan.nummey@gmail.com' susan Nummey

Meant to say it’s a british airways flight from Glasgow international

2. thomson@marbella-rentals.co.uk' Kim Allen

I’m travelling from Malaga in a week’s time and wish to print a boarding pass or have a mobile boarding pass. I have only booked this single leg journey with you, my outward journey from the UK is with a different airline.

I have downloaded your app and attempted to check in but it was not possible, it only gives me my reference number. So I checked in through the Thomson website, provided my passport details and have been allocated a seat. However I am unable to print a boarding pass or get a mobile boarding pass. The flight is very early and I am unable to get airport transfer to arrive at the airport as early as is recommended and as I am only travelling with hand luggage I wish to have a boarding pass in advance so that I can go straight through security rather than having to queue at check in. You have outsourced the flight to Norwegian Air and so in theory I should be able to check in with them and get a mobile boarding pass on their app. The problem is the Thomson reference number I have isn’t recognised by their system. I have emailed you to receive an automated response stating I won’t get a response for 7 days, no-one is present on Facebook or Twitter over the weekend, I have spoken to a Thomson Travel Shop who can’t help, I have spoken to your Customer Services 3 times and got absolutely nowhere…mainly because of a language barrier. I have also spoken to Norwegian who state that if I can get a corresponding Norwegian reference number (which differ in format to Thomson) I should be able to get a boarding pass through them. Please can you assist me in obtaining a boarding pass in advance of my travel, whether through yourselves or Norwegian. After all your website states that mobile boarding passes are now available! If not please can you advise if I can obtain a boarding pass from a Thomson desk at Leeds Bradford Airport which is the location of my outward flight. Thank you

• Rebecca1.Williams@thomson.co.uk' Rebecca Williams

Hi Kim, I believe I replied to your email via our Cares email address ^Becca

3. drewdann@googlemail.com' Andrew

I’m having the same error for as some of the posters above for a flight that departs tomorrow. I’m hoping that the above advice about having to provide the API at the check in desk after a certain number of passengers have checked in online is correct.

This seems like a needlessly complicated system to me and a VERY stressful way to start a holiday.

• Jodie.Williams@thomson.co.uk' Jodie Williams

Hi Andrew, If you’re unable to check in online for your Thomson Airways flight you will need to check in at the airport ^Jodie

4. mike_binito@hotmail.co.uk' Michaell

Hello Ive booked with on the beach and I’m flying with Thomson we leave this Wednesday but I still haven’t manage to check in or put my passport details through online any reason why?

• Charlotte.Baker@thomson.co.uk' Charlotte Baker

Hi Michaell, if you’re having trouble accessing online check-in, then you can do this & provide your passport details at the check-in desk ^Charlotte

5. james.jrt@gmail.com' James Thomas

I cannot check in to a Norwegian flight that I have booked through Thomson. I only got confirmation of seat selection but not able to print boarding pass. Tells me to go to desk

• Charlotte.Baker@thomson.co.uk' Charlotte Baker

Hi James, You’ll be able to complete check-in at the airport if you cannot do so online ^Charlotte

6. kim.brohamer@idealshoppingdirect.co.uk' Kim Brohamer

One or more passengers have services that prevent them from checking-in online.

this is coming up when I am trying to check in online, why? we travel Tuesday morning to Jamaica.

• Zoe.Chappell@thomson.co.uk' Zoe Chappell

Hi Kim. I would need to check your booking to advise, please email cares@thomson.co.uk with your booking reference so I can help further. Don’t forget you can also check in at the airport on the day of departure. ^Dave

7. pam.parish@sky.com' Pam Parish

Been trying for several days to check in online but get the following message “We’re currently unable to offer you online check-in for your flight. Don’t worry, you can proceed to Thomson Airways bag drop desk at the airport on your day of departure where check-in will be completed for you and your boarding passes will be issued”
    Why is this?

• Zoe.Chappell@thomson.co.uk' Zoe Chappell

Hi Pam. Once a certain amount of passengers have checked in online, the remaining would need to check in at the airport. One of our helpful team will be more than happy to assist you with checking in on your departure date. ^Dave

8. av2740@outlook.com' Alan

Can any one help we booked at thomson but flying with thomas cook do i check in online with thomas cook? 48hrs before or not.

• Zoe.Chappell@thomson.co.uk' Zoe Chappell

Hi Alan. You would need to check in at the airport, head to the Thomson Cook desk on the day of departure. ^Dave

9. jonathan.schick@icloud.com' Jonathan Schick

I’m booked on the Ancient Affairs cruise on Thomson Spirit in November. Are we able to check bags in at Gatwick the night before? It looks like you offer a twilight check in service until 10pm but different posts on different websites aren’t clear about whether this applies to cruise passengers.

Many thanks,

Jon

• Brenda.Thomas@thomson.co.uk' Brenda Thomas

Hi Jonathan, Yes – if you’re flying with Thomson Airways from Gatwick and your scheduled flight departs during the morning, you can drop off your luggage from 12.00 midday to 10pm the day before you fly.

When you drop off your bags, you’ll need to show your boarding passes at the desk. If you’re checking in online, you’ll need to print each boarding pass clearly on an individual piece of A4 paper. I hope this helps. ^Brenda

• angiemread@aim.com' Angela

Jon,
      No you cannot do Day Before Bag Drop for cruise holidays.

From the Thomson website FAQ’s.

Cruise holidays
      Unfortunately, Day Before Bag Drop is not available for Thomson Cruises. This is due to luggage and medical screening requirements.

10. james@beestons.net' James

How do I check in online for a Norwegian flight booked through Thomson? The Norwegian website doesn’t recognise my Thomson reference number. Thanks

• james@beestons.net' James

The Thomson website won’t let me check in either. It didn’t let me check in on the outbound flight with Thomson, and when I phoned the booking desk I was told it’s because I’m flying back Norwegian. Am I doing something wrong?

• Johanna.Thomas@thomson.co.uk' Johanna Thomas

Hi James, If you’re in resort currently then you cannot check-in for the return flight using the online service. Instead you’ll collect your boarding cards from the airport desk ^Jo

11. lewiswmorgan@outlook.com' Lewis

On my booking on the website it says I need to “add documents” but I am unable to click on this and it’s not lit up yellow. Leaving for Corfu on the 28th

• lewiswmorgan@outlook.com' Lewis

It’s also coming up with an error when I try to check-in. Am I too late?

• Johanna.Thomas@thomson.co.uk' Johanna Thomas

Hi Lewis, If you’re unable to submit your API online, then this will be collected from the airport staff instead ^Jo

• Johanna.Thomas@thomson.co.uk' Johanna Thomas

Hi Lewis, If you’re unable to submit your API online, this will be collected by the airport staff instead ^Jo

12. chelvadjian@aol.com' Caroline Helvadjian

I am trying to book in and have copied and pasted the booking reference and pasted my name exactly as on the booking confirmation, but your system is saying the following:

The date of 27th is entered correctly. Why am I getting this message

We’ve found your booking but it looks like you’ve typed in either the wrong lead passenger surname or travel date. Please check and try again.
    Please be aware that some airlines can’t be managed online, please refer to our FAQs to check your airline is included.

• clark.priday@thomson.co.uk' Clark Priday

Hi Caroline, Can you confirm that both legs of the journey are flying with Thomson Airways? ^Clark

13. angela.mchugh@hotmail.co.uk' Angela Mchugh

Hi Zoe, yes we r due to leave tomorrow, but it was my birthday and I have a whole load of presents to bring back and would like to buy extra baggage
    Regards Angela

14. angela.mchugh@hotmail.co.uk' Angela Mchugh

Hi, I’ve already checked in for my return email flight, but need extra baggage! How can I book this before I get to the airport?
    Angels