Home » Flights » Don’t Forget To Check In Before You Fly

Don’t Forget To Check In Before You Fly

A relaxing journey starts with checking in online…

There are a hundred and one things to think about before you head off on holiday – packing, finishing up at work, cancelling the papers – so if you can get one of your tasks sorted in a few clicks, so much the better, right?

Online check-in

That’s where our new online check-in system comes in – we’ve launched this service to get you better prepared for your travels and, in short, make sure your journey’s faff-free. Be one step ahead of the game by printing boarding passes from 14 days before your outbound flight (you can do it at home or in any Thomson Travel Shop), then you can make a beeline for Bag Drop at the airport and take care of more important matters… like picking out that new sarong at Accessorize.

What’s more, you can now request special airport assistance when you check yourself in online, on top of existing features like choosing your seat and adding extra baggage allowance.

So, there you have it. Hassle-free travelling? Done.

Click here for our FAQs on checking in.

1,795 Responses to “Don’t Forget To Check In Before You Fly”

1. jlporter08@live.co.uk' Jane

Still cannot add PPI been trying for 2 days now, this website is the worst , no answer to my question either? wont be booking with you again

• Charlotte.Baker@thomson.co.uk' Charlotte Baker

Hi Jane, I am sorry to hear this. Please email cares@thomson.co.uk with your booking reference and we will look into this for you. ^Amanda

2. piotrek1123581321@gmail.com' Piotr

Hello.
    We are flying to Spain 26/07 and when we want to check in we received the answer “we are unable to provide online check for your flight and to go to the bag drop desk where the check in will be completed for you”… So everything we need to take with us on that day are personal ID or passport and luggage?

I look forward to hearing from you.
    Thank you.

• Charlotte.Baker@thomson.co.uk' Charlotte Baker

Hi Piotr, You would need to follow the process as it says on the error message. You would need to take your passports and your booking confirmation and your luggage. All other documents such as boarding passes will be given to you when you check in at the airport. ^Amanda

3. joff.goodall@hotmail.co.uk' John Goodall

I keep getting this message when trying to select seat ( Sorry, we can’t find your booking with these details. Please make sure you have entered the information correctly). We are flying on wednesday 26-07-2017 we dont want to turn up at the airport and be told our group has to be split up.

Any help is appreciated.

4. lisabartlett92@yahoo.co.uk' Lisa

We are flying to Portugal next week and when attempting to check I received the prompt “we are unable to provide online check for your flight and to go to the bag drop desk where the check in will be completed for you” Can you confirm why this is the case? We obviously don’t want to experience any inconvenience on the day of departure.

Many thanks.

• Rebecca1.Williams@thomson.co.uk' Rebecca Williams

Hi Lisa, If you receive this message you would need to check in at the airport on the day ^Becca

5. theensors@btinternet.com' Pam

Hi we are due to fly early on 27 July 2017 but every time I try to check in online it says its not possible – and yet my e ticket clearly states that I should be able to do this 7 days prior to flight?
    As we have to be at the airport at 4:00am – checking in online was going to be essential – is it because we didn’t book seats (I wanted to book seats for the flight out but you are not able to do this – you have to book for both ways…. which is very expensive for a family of four!)

• Rebecca1.Williams@thomson.co.uk' Rebecca Williams

Hi Pam, If you are unable to check in online you would need to check in at the check in desk on the day of departure ^Becca

6. zoefuller99@gmail.com' Zoe Fuller

Hi there
    My flight to gran canaria departs next week and the “manage my bookings” says we should be able to check in today. I also spoke to a thomson representative earlier in the week who said that I should be able to check in from midnight last night. I tried at midnight and have been trying all day to check in, but the status still says that it will be ready today. Can you tell me when I will be able to check in?

• Zoe.Chappell@thomson.co.uk' Zoe Chappell

Hi Zoe, What date are you due to travel please? ^Zoe

7. thebrute@ivloud.com' Steve

I am flying with my girlfriend she is a nervous flyer I take it it is garrenteed that we are seating together if we booked it together

• Jezreel.Garcia@thomson.co.uk' Jezreel Garcia

Hi Steve, I can advise that if you add the pre-booked seat option, you can confirm your seats, otherwise we are unable to guarantee this. ^Jez

8. natalie.cowley7@ntlworld.com' Natalie Cowley

I have been told that I am unable to checkin to my flight on saturday because 70% of passengers have already checked in. I am not able to enter the API details for our party of 5 either ( my paperwork says that is a leagal requirement no later then 24 hours before departure) Im now worried sick about arriving early enough at the airport to secure the flight for our family,… queing at bag drop behind people who have already secued thier seats hoping that all is well with our flights let alone whether any of us are able to sit together. Im really dissapointed and upset

• Rebecca1.Williams@thomson.co.uk' Rebecca Williams

Hi Natalie, API can be provided at the airport ^Becca

• jlporter08@live.co.uk' Jane

Hi we flying on the 25th July and the website will not let me add Passenger advance or book in, been trying for a hour now, would like to reserve seats aswell but i cannot get anywhere? feeling worried now can you please advise.

9. jenniferbolithojones@gmail.com' Jeni Jones

I am flying tomorrow to Tenerife but can’t seem to check in online and cannot get through when I try to telephone. Any help would be much appreciated.

• Zoe.Chappell@thomson.co.uk' Zoe Chappell

Hi Jeni, This will mean that online check-in is now closed for these flights. However, this is not a problem as you can complete this directly at the airport on your day of travel. This will not affect your travel experience ^Zoe

10. viv_clamp@live.co.uk' Vivien

I’m due to fly back from bougas to Manchester tomorrow night how can I add extra baggage allowance please as it won’t allow me to online

• Zoe.Chappell@thomson.co.uk' Zoe Chappell

Hi Vivien, Please call our 24/7 Holidayline on 0333 336 5147 in regards to this ^Zoe

11. Robyn_rebecca25@hotmail.co.uk' Robyn

Myself and my husband are due to fly from Manchester to Gran Canaria next Friday (a week today) – I went to check in online this morning but have received an error message telling me i cannot check in and need to go to the bag drop at the airport – my family are on a separate booking and they have checked in with no issues?

• Oliver.Jones@thomson.co.uk' Oliver Jones

Hi Robyn, If you receive a message online advising you to check-in at the airport, this means that online check-in isn’t available for your booking. It doesn’t happen very often, but it means you’ll need to pick up your boarding passes from the Thomson Airways bag drop desk when you get to the airport. I hope the above has answered your query, but if you have any other questions you’re welcome to get back in touch. ^Oli

12. paul.griffiths@carrandgriffiths.toyota.co.uk' paul griffiths

hello,log on today to check in for my flight on 25/7/2017 to mexico,on line check says.
    one or more passengers have services that prevent checking in?
    please can you advise,thanks for your help

13. kateesinghsaroya@gmail.com' Katerina Malisova

We are travelling tomorrow to Bourgas in Bulgaria for our holiday from Edinburgh. We are unable to check in online as this message occur ”We have found your booking but it looks like you have typed in either the wrong lead passenger name or travel date. Please check and try again” And believe me I did try but it is really not working. Will someone help me to sort it out on the airport as I am traveling with children and husband. Thank you

• Zoe.Chappell@thomson.co.uk' Zoe Chappell

Hi Katerina, This is not a problem as you can complete this directly at the airport on your day of travel. This will not affect your travel experience ^Zoe