Home » Flights » 5 Reasons We Love PortAventura

5 Reasons We Love PortAventura

Like your holidays served up with a side order of rides and rollercoasters? Then PortAventura will be right up your street. Here’s why…

We think PortAventura makes for the ultimate theme park holiday. Rides, restaurants, grade-A entertainment… what’s not to like? Barcelona is within daytripping distance, too. Still need convincing? Here are 5 reasons we’re head-over-heels with this place…

PortAventura rollercoaster

1. You can eat your way around the world

The park is split into 6 zones – Mexico, China, Far West, Polynesia, Mediterrània and SésamoAventura. Each one has a really authentic feel – think mariachi music in Mexico and Tibetan wind chimes in China. The food’s themed, too, so you can tuck in to ribs in the Far West or sip tropical fruit juices in Polynesia.

2. There’s the full A-Z of rides

PortAventura has some seriously impressive rides to its name. Take Furius Baco – it goes from 0 to 135kph in 3.5 seconds. Then there’s Tutuki Splash log flume, Shambhala – the highest and fastest rollercoaster in Europe – and Dragon Khan, which lines up 8 loop-the-loops. It’s not all about white-knucklers, though. Little ones have got things like spinning teacups and flying swings.

Shambhala

3. You’re never far from a show

There are 15-odd shows taking place each day, from Polynesia’s Aloha Tahiti to El Saloon de Roxy in the Far West. They’re not just daytime performances, either – some run late into the evening. The hottest event in the summer is FiestAventura, a spectacular show featuring fire stunts and fireworks, which runs from June to September.

Music Generation

4. You can stay right on the doorstep

When it comes to finding a place to rest your head, Thomson offers 2 options just minutes from all the action. Hotel PortAventura is decked out like a traditional Mediterranean village and lines up 2 lake-like pools and a trio of restaurants. Hotel Caribe, meanwhile, offers a little taste of the tropics, with a sandy beach and a pirate ship bar. And the best part? They both come with unlimited entry to PortAventura Park included in the holiday price.

Hotel Caribe

5. There’s loads to do nearby

If you fancy a breather from the rides, you’re only a short train ride from Catalonia’s capital, Barcelona. Wander down the Ramblas, snack on seafood tapas and fresh fruit smoothies in La Boqueria market, and snap photos in front of Gaudi’s Sagrada Familia. Footie fans can tour the iconic Nou Camp stadium, too.

If it’s sands you’re after, a 20-minute drive will land you in Cambrils. Its 9-kilometre stretch of sand is split into 9 separate Blue Flag beaches, complete with watersports, loungers and beach bars.

Want to find out more? Click here.

PortAventura logo

9 Responses to “Strange Things People Have Tried To Take On Holiday”

1. grancanariago@gmail.com' Gran Canaria Blog

Interesting! I’m passing this info onto my readers, I’m sure some of them will be very happy they can catch up on their fave soaps while they soak up the sun in Gran Canaria! :)

2. dawnmiles50@hotmail.com' dawn

I’m looking to book to go to thailand may 2016. Your website only shows holidays up to April 2016. Could I have prices please. Thanks dawn x

• chantelle.sambrook@thomson.co.uk' Chantelle Sambrook

Hi Dawn, We don’t fly to Thailand in May at present due to demand. Dates are available between November and March.

3. carolinemccarthy2@hotmail.co.uk' caroline

me and my partner would love to get married in furtventura next year please call me 07939028720 regarding more information

• janay.templeman@thomson.co.uk' Janay Templeman

Hi Caroline, Thank you for contacting us. If you give our Wedding Team a call on 02034512689 they’ll be able to provide you with more information and answer any questions you may have.

4. oma.mares@zoho.com' Otis

By the time I spent my first year there I
    was a college professor and was there to teach. For all those who don’t know yet what an incredible boon the GPS has been to humanity, please read
    ahead on the reasons why a GPS system is needed.
    Catalina – You will find Catalina tactically positioned on the north coast of the Dominican Republic.

5. ttmaloney6@hotmail.com' mrs T Maloney

I had a weeks Cruise with 5 friends on the Thomson Celebration it was the Adriatic Affair, we had a great time all the staff where very good, I use a wheelchair the staff made sure I was safe at all times, the waiter in the main restaurant made sure I had straws & whatever help I needed at meal times they assisted me, even cut my meat etc what I needed, the cabin was not a accessible one as when we booked there was none left so we went ahead anyway, due to the shower room being small I was able to hold on to sink etc, the shower was small had a grab rail so I managed better than I thought, my friend helped me as well who I shared the cabin with, we enjoyed all the destinations only one I did not get off the ship my friend stayed with me while our other friends got off, you had to use the small boat to transfer you to the port as the ship could not get close enough, it was not safe for me to get off, but otherwise everything was good, did not use the swimming pool though as it was too small, looking forward to our next cruise would go with Thomson again, this ship is smaller than the other’s but you get looked after really well all the staff on board are excellant

• chantelle.sambrook@thomson.co.uk' Chantelle Sambrook

Hi Mrs Maloney, Thanks for your feedback. I’ll be sure to pass it on to the relevant team. I’m glad to hear our team looked after you on Celebration. Which of the exciting ports would you say you enjoyed the most?

6. sunnytoothman@t-online.de' Kenneth

Eating Jamaican jerk style food could be healthier than other grilled or barbecued meat.

Other all inclusive resorts offer other amenities for a small
    extra fee. Encourage schools to increase the amount of physical activity
    our kids get every day.