New Cruise Line-up From Winter 2014

When it comes to cruising in the Caribbean and Central America, our line-up is head and shoulders above the rest. We’re talking new ports of call, hotter-than-ever itineraries, and original themed cruises. Here’s a run-down of what’s in store…

New destinations

If you fancy swapping mulled wine for Caribbean rum next winter, how about setting sail for sizzling new destinations like secluded San Blas in Panama (pictured below) or sun-baked Puerto Limon in Costa Rica? If it’s ancient ruins that float your boat, head to Belize City, home to age-old Mayan artefacts. Or if you’re captivated by underwater life, the island of Roatan in the Honduras is ringed by a coral reef hiding shipwrecks, coral gardens and a colour-burst of sea creatures.

Other new destinations include Cozumel Island, Costa Maya, and Playa del Carmen (pictured below) in Mexico, Colon in Panama, La Romana in the Dominican Republic, Falmouth in Jamaica, and Cartagena in Colombia.

Themed sailings

If you’re a fan of music and the open seas, our music-themed transatlantic cruises will have you singing with joy. Our Big Band Cruise features live music, jam sessions and events inspired by the age of jazz and swing, all topped off with a decadent masked ball. For those who prefer to strut their funky stuff, the Soul and Motown Cruise will have you crossing the ocean to a soundtrack of Stevie Wonder, Diana Ross and the Jackson Five.

Overnight in Havana

Our Cuban Fusion itinerary will have you sinking mojitos and salsa dancing until dawn, as it stops over in Havana for a night. Sailing from Montego Bay in Jamaica, you’ll also tick off Playa del Carmen in Mexico and Georgetown in Grand Cayman.

Caribbean choice

Thomson Dream and Thomson Celebration are pairing up to give you a double dose of options for cruising the Caribbean. Set sail from Jamaica on Thomson Dream or depart from Barbados on Thomson Celebration.

Get more details on all our Thomson Cruises.

About the author

El Berwick
El Berwick is an events planner turned travel blogger. Her idea of a perfect holiday would be a few days visiting her favourite spots in NYC, followed by a road trip up the New England coast staying at quaint B&Bs, and ending up on the beaches of Nantucket. Failing that, she’d be happy with a long weekend watching the world sail by in Salcombe, Devon. Connect with El on Google +

148 replies to "“New Cruise Line-up From Winter 2014”"

1. S. Hamilton says: 10/07/2014 at 09:16

Looking to book a cruise for November this year but after reading comments about Thomson asking for more money if the price changes after booking is making me look elsewhere ,surely this is illegal

• Jordan says: 12/07/2014 at 04:07

Hi Susan, If you’ve booked and confirmed a holiday or cruise and the cost goes up after you confirmed your booking, we wouldn’t ask you to pay the extra. I hope this reassures you.

2. John says: 23/06/2014 at 08:25

I am trying to book a-cruise for the Caribbean 2015 in July
    All I get on your website Europe when I click on your map of the Caribbean
    All I get is Europe how do I book Caribbean cruise

3. Lynda says: 11/06/2014 at 20:02

It is good to hear you will be rewarding/recognising loyal customers.
    I will let you know if it works but so far we have already had 2 cruises this year and have another 2 booked and we have not ever had the pleasure of a free latte or anything else in all the years of cruising with Thomson.

• Chloe.Charles says: 13/06/2014 at 10:02

Hi Lynda, We always look for ways to say thank you to our loyal customers, however this is unfortunately not a guarantee. I’ll be sure to pass your feedback on.

4. Lynda says: 11/06/2014 at 19:47

What is the date of the big band sound cruise and where do I look for other music cruises.

• Chloe.Charles says: 13/06/2014 at 10:27

Hi Lynda, The Big Band cruise takes place on Thomson Dream, sailing from Lanzarote on 4/12/2014. You can have a look at our other music cruises here – bit.ly/1qaEKpY.

5. Laura says: 04/06/2014 at 01:36

I noticed the Dream transatlantic cruise advertised on the website in multiple places but can’t book – message is “Sorry, we couldn’t find any cruises to match your requirements” – are all 3 dates sold out or a website glitch?

• Alistair says: 23/06/2014 at 05:21

Hi Laura, I’m sorry for the late reply. If you’d like to send the exact dates, number of people and holiday booking details to cares@thomson.co.uk, I can look at the availability for you. However, you can also call our dedicated cruise line on 0203 451 2682.

6. martin jones says: 19/05/2014 at 18:43

I wrote an e-mail about our cruise to the carribean for new years eve .on our flight home we were not given a second meal.when I challenged this they said they didn’t have time to load the food (lol).I didnt get no where with my e-mail I was just fobbed off.Looking at the blogs on this site so is everybody else.Thomsons don’t do loyalty they are only after your money and don’t do anything extra for nothing.

• Elaine @Thomson says: 25/05/2014 at 03:50

Hi Martin, I’m sorry to hear this. Have you raised your concerns with our After Travel Team?

7. Lyn says: 10/05/2014 at 12:18

Hi, I clicked on ad for Caribbean gems cruise 15th November 2014, on celebration but nothing comes up, tried transatlantic cruises, also tried any Caribbean cruise and Caribbean treasures same ship, still nothing showing? Departure port Malaga, flying from Manchester, can you help?

• Natasha @Thomson says: 11/05/2014 at 04:33

Hi Lyn, I’ve had a search for you and came up with this, http://bit.ly/QtUxQZ,I hope this answers your query.

8. Maureen says: 05/05/2014 at 08:34

I have been reading the comments and am interested to know why when on board there is a form in your cabin that you have to fill out stating you are a returning traveller in order to receive an invitation to have cocktails with the captain, surely if Thomson are looking to “surprise” returning customers they should do their homework and make returning customers feel welcome and the invitation should be automatic.

• Elaine @Thomson says: 25/05/2014 at 01:29

Hi Maureen, Thanks for your comments. This is something that is being worked on so that returning customers will receive little surprises.

9. Norah Mulligan says: 04/05/2014 at 18:52

Have recently returned from a wonderful Caribbean cruise on the Dream. On our flight on the Dreamliner we were hungry and eagerly awaiting our meal. I can never eat all my meal as cheese is usually included somewhere and as I cannot eat cheese I just accept this. Later in the flight the cabin lights were put on to wake everyone up whilst breakfast was served. As cheese and tomato panninis were being served I asked the stewardess if there was a non cheese option. I was left gobsmacked by her reply “did you request the vegetarian option”. I am not vegetarian and most vegetarians I know eat cheese. I could not believe she was not able to find me an alternative. We are booked on another Caribbean cruise next March, non of the meal drop-down alternatives allow me to select non cheese. What can I do?

• James @Thomson says: 05/05/2014 at 01:51

That’s not good to hear Norah, and please accept our apologies for the inconvenience onboard one of our flights. Are you able to send me your details and holiday reference to cares@thomson.co.uk and we can look into this for you, and also request meals for you.

10. jayne martin says: 26/04/2014 at 15:16

it says free all inclusive upgrade available on your website 2014/2015 winter deals, so I click on the link look at the cruises available on majesty but when I go through to book you have to pay for all inclusive so could you tell me which cruises have free drinks package please. thanks

• Elaine @Thomson says: 18/05/2014 at 14:15

Hi Jayne, I’m sorry for the delay in responding. This is only available on selected sailings. Unfortunately we wouldn’t know which ones these are. All of the details can be found on our website, or you can pop in to your local store, where they’ll be able to help.

11. Sandra Goddard says: 07/04/2014 at 13:08

Although I believe that Thomson are cheaper in general than any other cruises I have priced up, I have yet to be rewarded for coming back to Thomson cruises. We have had 3 with Thomson and Island and have 1 booked for July, we were invited to the Hotel Manager’s table on The Celebration, but so were several others that were on their Maiden Cruise.
    I have just priced a Cuban Fusian,Mexican cruise up that claims to have upto £300 off, it comes to over £200 dearer than 2 months ago when I priced up. I’ve checked regularly and they’re going up. The price if extra keg room has gone up £20 each since yesterday . Also , you claim all inc upgrades on some sailings,on the dream over winter 2014/15, haven’t found one yet

12. Maggie Munro says: 04/04/2014 at 10:48

Hi I have booked a Caribbean cruise going away November, when I booked cruise girl at travel agent said the drinks package was included. My booking details ref no is 0648/64881 and also another ref 3036632, Can you let me know what drink package is? Thankyou.

• Natasha @Thomson says: 06/04/2014 at 05:08

Hi Maggie, The drinks package includes selected drought beers, spirits, aperitifs, house wine, soft drinks and a range of cocktails. Some branded spirits and premium drinks such as champagne, malt whiskies, ciders and bottled beers. All specialty coffees, bottled water and some hot drinks aren’t included. Drinks are available from all bars, lounges and restaurants, but drinks between 2am and 10am are charged to your Onboard Account.

13. Angela says: 21/03/2014 at 08:38

Every time I receive an email regarding free all inclusive upgrades when I click on the link I am unable to find any free upgrades….. I do not believe there are any and its quite frustrating!! I have been on 3 Thomson cruises and in the past if you book as soon as the brochure is published you are able to receive free all inclusive upgrades but sadly this seems to be a thing of the past. Its my 50th birthday January 2015 and as soon as the brochure was released I looked on line with the intention if there were free all inclusive upgrades I was going to book a caribbean cruise for 4 adults….. so hence I’ve not booked and yes before you tell me I know they are cheaper at £72 each but this is still not free. One of the reasons we book with Thomson is value for money but this does not seem the case anymore when I look on line the prices seem to go up daily and considering January 2015 is 10 months away this seems ridiculous…. now we are thinking with travelling with the higher end of the market like P&O as there is very little difference is price!!!

• Leanne @Thomson says: 22/03/2014 at 04:31

Hi Angela, If you could please email cares@thomson.co.uk, I would be happy to look into this further for you.

14. Helen says: 18/03/2014 at 14:04

looking at going on Thomson dream in March 2015 for my 60th birthday, can you tell me how to get a drinks package do i have to sort it before i book or all together, there 4 adults in my group

• Natasha @Thomson says: 19/03/2014 at 05:59

Hi Helen, Drinks prices are similar to UK pub prices. You’ll pay around £3.50 for a pint of beer and £4 for a glass of wine. There are daily drinks specials in the Cruise News. If you’d prefer to purchase the drinks package you can do this before you travel by popping into the shop you booked in or you can call 08712302800.

15. Natalie says: 18/03/2014 at 12:08

Me and my partner are travelling on the Thomson Majesty on 17th April for 7 nights – cannot wait!

We decided against adding the drinks package when booking. Do you know if there will be any drinks offers/packages once onboard the ship?

• Natasha @Thomson says: 19/03/2014 at 05:57

Drinks prices are similar to UK pub prices. You’ll pay around £3.50 for a pint of beer and £4 for a glass of wine. There are daily drinks specials in the Cruise News. If you’d prefer to purchase the drinks package you can do this before you travel by popping into the shop you booked in or you can call 08712302800. We Hope you enjoy your Cruise.

16. margaret castel says: 13/03/2014 at 16:59

When will the loyalty scheme be rolled out? We are doing three cruises this year with Thomson and have cruised with you many times before. The only recognition of this is the dreaded captains table for dinner which costs you nothing and is simply a pain in the — for your customers.

• Lisa-Marie @Thomson says: 14/03/2014 at 04:47

“Hi Margaret, We like to offer our customers an individual and personalised service, which is why we don’t have a standardised loyalty club available to everyone. Instead we prefer to provide thoughtful gestures to our returning customers who book with us as a ‘little thank you’ for travelling with us again. We’ve also designed an email programme to advise our most loyal customers of our new itineraries before they go on general sale, as well as offering exclusive discounts.

17. Geoff White says: 03/03/2014 at 16:33

We have just returned from an enjoyable cruise and stay holiday on the Dream. However the checking in procedures at the airports Bristol and Barbados were disgraceful. We were allocated and sat in seats that were paid for by another couple who had to sit apart from each other. There were numerous other problems with seating as well.
    On the return flight half the cruise passengers were not given boarding passes on the ship and had to queue up for an inordinate time in Barbados to get them.
    It is totally unacceptable for this to happen. Many people we have spoken to have also experienced problems with Thomson airways and now prefer to fly with Virgin.
    Nobody seems to accept responsibility. Manchester airport blame Bristol for the check In chaos and Thomson Dream blame Thomson Airways for the boarding pass fiasco. It really is about time that Thomson got their act together.

• Sammi @Thomson says: 04/03/2014 at 02:32

It’s disappointing to hear this, Geoff. Since returning home have you raised your concerns with our After Travel Team?

18. joan says: 02/03/2014 at 22:00

hi, we are looking to book the Thomson celebration transatlantic moments, departing 12/4/15, could you tell me if we will be eligible for free all inclusive upgrade, thanks.

• Sammi @Thomson says: 03/03/2014 at 07:31

Hi Joan, I’ve looked into this for you and the drinks package isn’t included free of charge. The cost to upgrade to the drinks package is currently £339 per person. Please let me know if you’ve any other queries.

• joan says: 03/03/2014 at 12:22

What does it mean in the brochure re:- free all inclusive upgrade on Thomson celebration on selected repositional sailings?

• Sammi @Thomson says: 04/03/2014 at 02:28

Hi Joan, This was on selected cruises only for a limited time.

19. Lesley says: 13/02/2014 at 23:32

Can you please explain why the same 14 night fly/cruise for the same date from Manchester is more than double the price of flying from other airports in the UK. The prices are £718, £745, £790, £988 and from Manchester£1573 !!!!!

• Sammi @Thomson says: 14/02/2014 at 04:15

Hi Lesley, If you provide me with the full details of the cruise you’re referring to, I’ll look into this for you.

• Lesley says: 17/02/2014 at 10:32

I have replied to this thread twice now and both times my answers have been removed. It looks to me as if no one is willing the answer my question or that something is so wrong that it cannot be answered. Once again and for the third time, the cruise I am talking about is the relocation cruise on the Spirit sailing 23rd April from Limassol, the name of the cruise is “From Cyprus with Love”. I hope this doesn’t again get removed from the site and that for the third time of asking I get some sort of reply.

• Jonathan S @ Thomson says: 18/02/2014 at 01:29

Hi Lesley, I’m not sure what’s happened with the comments you’ve posted. We’d only remove comments which break our house rules. To avoid any further confusion, can you send the details of the cruise you’re looking at to cares@thomson.co.uk so we can investigate the price difference for you?

20. Veron says: 12/02/2014 at 14:15

We are traveling in April on the dream , from Barbados to Palma. We have booked premium economy on the outward journey but not possible from Palma. I know the luggage allowance on return is 20kgs , but is it 23kgs plus cabin baggage being the premium allowance on the outward journey.?

• Sammi @Thomson says: 13/02/2014 at 03:27

Hi Veron, If you provide me with your booking reference number, I’ll look into this for you.

• Veron says: 13/02/2014 at 09:18

As requested my booking ref is [admin removed]. Many thanks for looking into this. Regards V.

• Christina @Thomson says: 14/02/2014 at 10:25

Hi Veron, We’ve just checked on this, and I can confirm that you’ll have a baggage allowance of 23kg for both legs of your journey.

21. Keith says: 10/02/2014 at 14:54

Going on our 1st cruise for my wife’s 60th birthday .could anyone give me info on drinks packages

Sorry should have added going on Thomson dream 30th march 2014 for 14 nights

• James @Thomson says: 11/02/2014 at 04:25

Hi Keith, The prices for the All Inclusive drinks package onboard Thomson Dream start from £199 per week. Unfortunately, we aren’t able to send the bar menus but with regards to the drinks package, a wide range of drinks – including several premium brands – are included in our drinks packages. There is some variation between ships – with Thomson Dream and Thomson Celebration differing slightly to Thomson Spirit and Thomson Majesty. For example though, on Thomson Majesty, Smirnoff and Gordon’s are currently included, whereas Absolut has a supplementary charge of about £1.20.

The drinks package includes selected draught beers, spirits, aperitifs, house wine, soft drinks and a range of cocktails. Branded spirits and premium drinks such as Champagne, malt whiskies, ciders and bottled beers, speciality coffees and bottled water, aren’t included. Drinks are available from all bars, lounges and restaurants. And if you order a drink between 2am and 10am, it’ll be charged to your onboard account. I hope this helps.

• Grez says: 11/02/2014 at 16:59

“Drinks are available from all bars, lounges and restaurants.” So just to confirm, you can order the coffees that are available on the All Inclusive drinks package from the new coffee lounge on the Celebration?

• James @Thomson says: 12/02/2014 at 07:14

Hi Grez, Unfortunately the new coffee lounge is separate from the All-Inclusive.

• Grez says: 12/02/2014 at 09:57

Hi James, thanks for clarifying. Why did you say that AI drinks were available in all lounges then in your previous post?

• Sammi @Thomson says: 13/02/2014 at 03:17

Hi Grez, I’m sorry for any confusion caused. I can confirm that drinks in the explorers lounge aren’t included as part of the drinks package.

• Grez says: 13/02/2014 at 14:28

Hi Sammi, there is no confusion – I’m just curious as to why James posted the incorrect information? Is it because it is easier just to copy and paste an answer rather than checking it is factually correct?

• Christina @Thomson says: 14/02/2014 at 10:23

Hi Grez, Thanks for your comments – we’ll send you an email regarding this to clarify.

22. Ron burch says: 08/02/2014 at 20:01

We are looking at booking a winter cruise holiday, Thomson celebration,tropical delights/Caribbean treasures departing on 07.12.2014. 14 nights
    We have seen on line that we can get a free upgrade, but have gone through the booking process but can not see this option,
    Please advise

• Dan @Thomson says: 09/02/2014 at 03:31

Hi Ron, I’m not aware of any free upgrade offer we have at the moment on these cruises. Can you let me know where you’ve seen this information?