Home » Cruises » New Cruise Line-up From Winter 2014

New Cruise Line-up From Winter 2014

When it comes to cruising in the Caribbean and Central America, our line-up is head and shoulders above the rest. We’re talking new ports of call, hotter-than-ever itineraries, and original themed cruises. Here’s a run-down of what’s in store…

New destinations

If you fancy swapping mulled wine for Caribbean rum next winter, how about setting sail for sizzling new destinations like secluded San Blas in Panama (pictured below) or sun-baked Puerto Limon in Costa Rica? If it’s ancient ruins that float your boat, head to Belize City, home to age-old Mayan artefacts. Or if you’re captivated by underwater life, the island of Roatan in the Honduras is ringed by a coral reef hiding shipwrecks, coral gardens and a colour-burst of sea creatures.

Other new destinations include Cozumel Island, Costa Maya, and Playa del Carmen (pictured below) in Mexico, Colon in Panama, La Romana in the Dominican Republic, Falmouth in Jamaica, and Cartagena in Colombia.

Themed sailings

If you’re a fan of music and the open seas, our music-themed transatlantic cruises will have you singing with joy. Our Big Band Cruise features live music, jam sessions and events inspired by the age of jazz and swing, all topped off with a decadent masked ball. For those who prefer to strut their funky stuff, the Soul and Motown Cruise will have you crossing the ocean to a soundtrack of Stevie Wonder, Diana Ross and the Jackson Five.

Overnight in Havana

Our Cuban Fusion itinerary will have you sinking mojitos and salsa dancing until dawn, as it stops over in Havana for a night. Sailing from Montego Bay in Jamaica, you’ll also tick off Playa del Carmen in Mexico and Georgetown in Grand Cayman.

Caribbean choice

Thomson Dream and Thomson Celebration are pairing up to give you a double dose of options for cruising the Caribbean. Set sail from Jamaica on Thomson Dream or depart from Barbados on Thomson Celebration.

Get more details on all our Thomson Cruises.

9 Responses to “Strange Things People Have Tried To Take On Holiday”

1. grancanariago@gmail.com' Gran Canaria Blog

Interesting! I’m passing this info onto my readers, I’m sure some of them will be very happy they can catch up on their fave soaps while they soak up the sun in Gran Canaria! :)

2. dawnmiles50@hotmail.com' dawn

I’m looking to book to go to thailand may 2016. Your website only shows holidays up to April 2016. Could I have prices please. Thanks dawn x

• chantelle.sambrook@thomson.co.uk' Chantelle Sambrook

Hi Dawn, We don’t fly to Thailand in May at present due to demand. Dates are available between November and March.

3. carolinemccarthy2@hotmail.co.uk' caroline

me and my partner would love to get married in furtventura next year please call me 07939028720 regarding more information

• janay.templeman@thomson.co.uk' Janay Templeman

Hi Caroline, Thank you for contacting us. If you give our Wedding Team a call on 02034512689 they’ll be able to provide you with more information and answer any questions you may have.

4. oma.mares@zoho.com' Otis

By the time I spent my first year there I
    was a college professor and was there to teach. For all those who don’t know yet what an incredible boon the GPS has been to humanity, please read
    ahead on the reasons why a GPS system is needed.
    Catalina – You will find Catalina tactically positioned on the north coast of the Dominican Republic.

5. ttmaloney6@hotmail.com' mrs T Maloney

I had a weeks Cruise with 5 friends on the Thomson Celebration it was the Adriatic Affair, we had a great time all the staff where very good, I use a wheelchair the staff made sure I was safe at all times, the waiter in the main restaurant made sure I had straws & whatever help I needed at meal times they assisted me, even cut my meat etc what I needed, the cabin was not a accessible one as when we booked there was none left so we went ahead anyway, due to the shower room being small I was able to hold on to sink etc, the shower was small had a grab rail so I managed better than I thought, my friend helped me as well who I shared the cabin with, we enjoyed all the destinations only one I did not get off the ship my friend stayed with me while our other friends got off, you had to use the small boat to transfer you to the port as the ship could not get close enough, it was not safe for me to get off, but otherwise everything was good, did not use the swimming pool though as it was too small, looking forward to our next cruise would go with Thomson again, this ship is smaller than the other’s but you get looked after really well all the staff on board are excellant

• chantelle.sambrook@thomson.co.uk' Chantelle Sambrook

Hi Mrs Maloney, Thanks for your feedback. I’ll be sure to pass it on to the relevant team. I’m glad to hear our team looked after you on Celebration. Which of the exciting ports would you say you enjoyed the most?

6. sunnytoothman@t-online.de' Kenneth

Eating Jamaican jerk style food could be healthier than other grilled or barbecued meat.

Other all inclusive resorts offer other amenities for a small
    extra fee. Encourage schools to increase the amount of physical activity
    our kids get every day.