Home » Flights » A 60-Second Tour Of The Thomson 787 Dreamliner

A 60-Second Tour Of The Thomson 787 Dreamliner

If you’re yet to try out the Thomson Flights 787 Dreamliner for yourself, take a look at this video for a whistle-stop tour of a few of the plane’s best features (skip to 41 seconds if you want to get straight to the plane).

It’s one of 6 mini-videos made especially for the grand opening of our new Holiday Design Store in Bluewater Shopping Centre a few weeks back. And, along with a handful more videos, it features on the 75-inch, high-definition ‘community screen’ – just one of the many nifty features you’ll find inside the store.

Find out more about Thomson’s Holiday Design Store at Bluewater.

453 Responses to “A 60-Second Tour Of The Thomson 787 Dreamliner”

1. Nemo-rules@hotmail.co.uk' Naomi

My Partner and I have booked a holiday to Mexico 24th of June we will be flying on the dream liner, both of us have a Marshal Island Seaman’s book as we are Seafarers and with some companies we get upgrades such as baggage or seat upgrades. is it the same here as I can’t find anything on the website?

• Samantha.Lyons@thomson.co.uk' Samantha Lyons

Hi Naomi, I’m afraid this isn’t something we offer. All of our current discounts and offers can be found on our website http://www.thomson.co.uk ^Sam

2. tbrown2209@gmail.com' Tracey

Hi I travel tomorrow to Jamaica (4 of us) I was very disappointed to find that after waiting for months to check-in on-line on the 22nd March I was actually unable to. A representative informed me that only 85% of travellers could check-in in this way – clearly this was a lie as ALL OTHER TRAVELLERS can check-in on-line 7 days before travel. I was told by a second representative that the web-site was down and I would have to take my chance at airport check-in! how incredibly unhelpful and misleading and it seems, reading the comments above that this is far from first time this promise has been neglected. I rang and asked that being as I could not check-in on-line, as is Thompson policy, could they check my party in? Laughable!! I tried to point out that I was only doing what I was entitled to do at that time, but if a fell on deaf ears. Can I also add that I actually had to book this £5000 one week holiday via your Complaints Department as trying to book a one week holiday to Jamaica for 4 people seemed beyond the relms of Thompson Representatives comprehension. Never again!!!

• Samantha.Lyons@thomson.co.uk' Samantha Lyons

Hi Tracey, I’m sorry to hear you’ve had cause to complain. Our online check in facility is only available to a limited number of passengers on each flight. Once the maximum amount of passengers have checked in online any remaining passengers would need to check in when they arrive at the airport. You’ll just need to head to one of our bag drop desks where one of our advisers will be happy to assist you in checking in. ^Sam

• Samantha.Lyons@thomson.co.uk' Samantha Lyons

3. niccan@virginmedia.com' Nicola

Hi if you do not want to pay extra to book seats after already paying out 5000 pounds for a holiday, will we be seated with our children of 9 & 11?

• Johanna.Thomas@thomson.co.uk' Johanna Thomas

Hi Nicola, We do our best to allocate all customers next to or as close as possible to their travel party, but this will depend on the availability.

All customers are given the option to pay and pre-book their seats, which they can do 90 days before their return date, but not all customers select their seats even though they have paid for this facility. The booking system will recognise this and pre-save seats together until they are selected within the 90 day time period.

For the customers who did not opt to pay to pre-book their seats, the system will allocate them the best possible seats but will take in to account the passengers who originally paid extra for this facility.

All remaining passengers can use the check-in service 7 days before travel, this will give passengers the chance to view their seats, if they are not happy with the seats allocated by the system then they have a further opportunity to reallocate their seats at an small fee ^Johanna

4. emilie_87tsoi@hotmail.com' Emilie

I’m flying out to Jamaica 15th march as a family of 3 (1 yr old )
    Are there facilities to heat up food? Or is that a silly question…

Also I was told that unless I pay extra I can’t be sitting next to my husband?
    It’s my sons first time flying too, any chance of getting seats next to each other?

• Samantha.Lyons@thomson.co.uk' Samantha Lyons

Hi Emilie, Unfortunately our Dreamliner doesn’t have the facility to do this.

We do our best to seat parties together from what’s remaining when you check in however we’re unable to guarantee to all passengers would be sat together if you’ve not upgraded to prebook your seats. ^Sam

5. babsknowles1702@aol.com' Barbara Knowles

I am one very unhappy customer who having booked premium cabin seats for our holiday to Mexico this February and told of 90 day rule to book seats. Set alarm, got up just before midnight on said day only to find all seats in this cabin booked except for middle seats which is not where we want to sit. We made our reservation last September and it is the only company that does not let you book seats at time of booking. After complaining were told they had changed booking time WHICH WE WERE NOT INFORMED OF. Reading other peoples comments this seems an ongoing problem with your company. After this holiday we will not book with your company again or advise our friends to.

• deborahlyn.hall1961@gmail.com' Deb Hall

Hi going to Mexico may
      No window seats left rep said should have had email but never received one my husband has Parkinson’s and shakes alot that’s why I booked premier seat’s so we would not have to set by any one very upset

6. becky_jade26@hotmail.com' Miss Sigley

Please can someone help me …. due to there being no seats left in premier which I paid 1,200 for !!
    I might have to sit at the back in extra legroom ????

Can you please tell me is it ok sitting at the back I’ve heard I feel the g force more at the back and it’s more bumpy … as I’m not a great flyer and parents r first time flyers.

7. usblairs@aol.com' Susan Blair

My daughter and I travel to Jamaica on Saturday having booked just a week ago. We have paid for extra legroom and to book seats. On trying to booki our seats I discovered there were only 2 available in both directions, separated by an aisle. This isn’t a problem.
    On the way back i would have preferred a window seat. Are there any still available please on TOM 193?
    Thanks for your help
    Susan

• Charlotte.Baker@thomson.co.uk' Charlotte Baker

Hi Susan, You’ll be able to see all available seats whilst visiting our Flight Extras page ^Charlotte

8. mick_marsh@msn.com' Mr M Marsh

Please update information. Booked with Thompson for holiday to Gran Canaria in April 2017. Booked extra leg room seats. Booking form and on this site you state ” seats can be chosen 90 days prior to return date”. When I came to choose my seats in December, very few were left. When I complained to Thompson I was told “terms have now changed, seats can be chosen at time of booking”. I was never informed of this change.

Hi, I apologise for any confusion caused. ^Jaz

• becky_jade26@hotmail.com' Miss Sigley

This happened to me …. after paying 10.000 for a holiday and an extra 1,2000
      To upgrade to premium seats we were told 90 days before I fly back.ni was just checking through the app thought I would just look on the seat app be nosey and OMG !! All the seats bar four single middle had gone and I wasn’t told !. Apparently since november you can book them asap I wasn’t aware and thomson just said o dear sorry you should of had an email !!! Disgusting …..
      As it was my parents first time every flying there is no way they would sit apart !! Terrible service

• jasmine.griffiths@thomson.co.uk' Jaz Griffiths

Hi, I am sorry to hear of your disappointment regarding seating. Our policy changed to allow customers with premium, extra space and extra leg room to select their seating once these extras were purchased. This was due to popular demand and the customer feedback we had received previously. Standard select seats are still reserved 90 days before the return date. ^Jaz

9. dean@nx1group.com' Dean Nixon

Hi I have paid for premium seats to travel on the 28thfeb to Jamaica and back. I have been told that I needed to book my seats but was too late to sit with my very nerves wife. I tried but I vain to sort this out. I opted for the extra leg room and chose our seats. We have been told we have been downgraded and will not get a refund. But also we cannot use any of the premium privileges i.e. 23kg of weight, check in, premier lounge and even drinks. Very unhappy I paid 596 extra for nothing. Can you help please

• Zoe.Chappell@thomson.co.uk' Zoe Chappell

Hi Dean, When downgrading an extra, such as flight seats, this is non-refundable as per Terms and Conditions. You would then not have access to the benefits as you are no longer booked into this facility. I’m sorry for the disappointment caused by this ^Zoe

• dean@nx1group.com' Dean Nixon

This is very poor. If I paid the extra fine I know I loose out. But why can’t I have the other benefits it makes no difference to any of the booking. Check in etc

10. porschaskye95@gmail.com' Porscha

Hi there I am flying to Mexico premium class later in the year. I have heard different things about whether wifi is available. Does the 787 have wifi ? Is it an extra charge ?

Thanks porscha

• Johanna.Thomas@thomson.co.uk' Johanna Thomas

Hi, Our aircrafts don’t have WIFI ^Sophie

11. lighthousefee60@gmail.com' Fiona Walton

Flying from Manchester to Jamaica to join cruise. Is check in desk open the evening before departure.

• Samantha.Lyons@thomson.co.uk' Samantha Lyons

Hi Fiona, I’m afraid Day Before Bag Drop isn’t available when you’re flying out to join a Thomson Cruise in the Caribbean. ^Sam

Hi Alison, When are you looking to travel? ^Gemma

Hi Pete, Yes they do. ^Jaz

12. john.butcher@hotmail.co.uk' John

Just booked our holiday today on the Dreamliner
    On July 6th 2017 in premier class do we automatically
    Get seated together ?

Hi John, You will need to log in an select your seating. You should be able to do this now via API login on our website. ^Jaz

• lizsimpson10@hotmail.co.uk' Liz

No you don’t unless you pay as I went to get my tickets today and I am 4 seats away from my partner not good

• Samantha.Lyons@thomson.co.uk' Samantha Lyons

Hi Liz, Unfortunately we’re unable to guarantee seats together for passengers that have not opted to select their seats. ^Sam

13. jshird@btinternet.com' Julie

I am looking to book a holiday to Mexico. If I pay to select seats on the aircraft at what point can I do this?

Hi Julie, If you’ve paid to select your seats on board one of our aircrafts you can do this 90 days prior to your return date. ^Kayley

14. sarahtrevarthen@msn.com' Sarah Trevarthen

Hi. Just booked the Rui Tequila we travel on the 20th January. I am a little worried about a long haul flight and not sitting together. I think the extra I would have to spend on upgrading is steep. Especially as I am 5ft 9in.
    It’s a special trip for me and my husband. I will be turning 50 in Feb and celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary. Can you tell me if I need to buy special ear phones or what connections the tv are. Would like to request a quiet room if possible. Do I do this direct with the hotel. Hope you can answer my questions. Many thanks Sarah

Hi Sarah, If you do wish to guarantee seats together on the aircraft there is a fee to do so. Earphones are provided on the aircraft, however you can take your own if you wish to use to watch the inflight entertainment. If you can email us at cares@thomson.co.uk we can add the request to the booking for you. ^Kayley

15. alison.dowling@hotmail.co.uk' Alison Dowling

Hello.

We are travelling from Manchester to cancun this coming Saturday. It’s my 50th birthday holiday with my partner and daughter. Unfortunately we didn’t receive the email saying that we are able to book seats. That means we all now sit apart. Although we paid the extra tobore book seats. We are so disappointed as my partner really doesn’t travel well. It’s already ruined the start of our holiday of a lifetime. We saved for a whole year for this and can’t sit together. Is there anything you can do to help??

16. lukes7960@me.com' Luke

We are flying to Mexico from Manchester on the 30.11.16.

We have one welfare passensger that the Thomson team have sorted out, she is a wheelchair user who needs extra leg room.

The team have assured me that row 11 provides this, but it looks like more seats are in front of them.

Can anyone confirm this 🙂

Hi Luke, Please email your booking reference and comment to cares@thomson.co.uk so we can make sure whether these seats are Extra Legroom. ^Sam

17. nrstaps@yahoo.co.uk' N stapley

Hi,we are flying to Mexico this Wednesday in the ‘dreamliner’ and was wondering what time they serve the first meal as don’t want to have a big brekkkie at Gatwick if we get one quite soon after take off….appreciate your comments …….

Hi, This can vary depending on your departure time and the length of your flight however this would usually be a few hours in to your journey. ^Sam

18. razvan_curlica@yahoo.com' ana maria voinea

HEllo. Did you have a skycot In economy club ?if i Will Take a carSeat for my baby i have to pait The Seat where i Will put it?thanks

Hi Ana, We don’t provide sky cots on out flights. ^Sam

19. claire.baylis@btinternet.com' Claire baylis

Hello!
    We are really looking forward to our dreamliner experiance, we booked to go 3rd dec to dominican and absolutely cannot wait ! It’s our 10 year wedding anniversary and my 35th birthday so wondered if there is any upgrade availible for us to help celebrate in style ?
    Also are meals provided on our flight as I’m a little confused and can’t seem to find the information?

We are staying in grand bahia principe el portillo and was wondering how long the transfer was going to be ?

Many thanks

Claire x

• Johanna.Thomas@thomson.co.uk' Johanna Thomas

Hi Claire, Please can you email us your booking reference, so we can check possible seat upgrades for you. Our email address is cares@thomson.co.uk. We provide meals onboard our long haul flights, aswell as complimentary drinks. Your chosen hotel is approx. 2hrs from Puerto Plata airport via coach ^Jo

20. l.ravenscroft@hotmail.com' Louise

Hi we are travelling to Mexico on 15th November 2016 on th Dreamliner we have paid for extra leg room
    But when we go to choose our seats there no seats left at all!! Please can you comfirm
    Me and my partner will get sit next to each other and have extra leg room as we have paid.

Hi Louise, Please email cares@thomson.co.uk with your booking reference and comment so we can take a look at this for you. ^Sam

21. bgemma2002@yahoo.co.uk' Gemma Daniels

Hi I’m currently in Tenerife and flew from Gatwick on a Dreamliner. By the looks of it we are not flying back on a Dreamliner – please can you confirm -TOM4201

22. cazwintle@hotmail.com' Caroline Wintle

We are going to book a holiday for Dom Republic for next oct for my husband’s 50th Birthday. Just looked at the video for the Dreamliner and I saw that you only have row of three seats together but there are four of us. Is that 3 seats threw out the whole of the plane if it is then we cannot seat together

• Sophie.Lloyd@thomson.co.uk' Sophie Lloyd

Hi Caroline, Unfortunately the seats are in a 3-3-3 configuration ^Sophie

23. norakaye12@gmail.com' Nigel kaye

Hi my booking reference is 2224938 we are flying to Barbados on the 4th dec 2016 from Manchester weve pre booked our seats for 4 people are we flying on the dreamliner

24. sheridanlj@hotmail.com' lisa

Hi, we are flying to Goa on 9 Nov for our 30th anniversary,would there be any chance of an upgrade to premium?:)

• Johanna.Thomas@thomson.co.uk' Johanna Thomas

Hi Lisa, We can certainly look into the availability and cost to upgrade to Premium for your flights. Please send us your booking reference to cares@thomson.co.uk, so we can into this further ^Jo

25. leechuter@hotmail.com' Lee

How do I find out what movies are playing on our flight? I’m surprised this information is not easily accessible,
    To Dominican republic next week
    Regards
    Lee

26. kazzaj65@hotmail.com' Karen Pritchard

I’m travelling to Barbados on 3rd Feb 2017 TOM035 flight to meet with our cruise ship – was wondering if we would definitely be on the Dreamliner?

• Charlotte.Baker@thomson.co.uk' Charlotte Baker

Hi Karen, Can you please email your booking reference to Cares@Thomson.co.uk so we can check this for you? ^Charlotte

27. jennyoleary1976@gmail.com' Jenny

Hello I am flying to cancun on the 25/10/2016 and I was told about wifi on the plane, I am now hearing there is no wifi? Also is there USB chargers on plane

• Charlotte.Baker@thomson.co.uk' Charlotte Baker

Hi Jenny, Thomson Airways do not have WiFi on any aircrafts however, there will be a UBS port to charge your mobile phone. ^Charlotte

28. lisa.wager1980@yahoo.co.uk' lisa wager

hello, I’m flying on Tuesday to aruba and wondered if there are many bottles of prosecco available to buy or do these sell really quickly? many thanks.

Hi Lisa, We do only carry a limited amount of stock and I’m afraid we cannot confirm numbers prior to departure ^Kayley

29. vicki@phhcs.co.uk' Vicki

Hello, when booking it said that on our Dreamliner flight “everything but the champagne is free” This is what was advertised for the flight – not only in premium. Now we are being told that only 2 drinks are complimentary. Can you confirm as this is very misleading

• Johanna.Thomas@thomson.co.uk' Johanna Thomas

Hi Vicki, The drinks on long haul flights are complimentary but not unlimited. The crew will do between 2 to 3 bar services during the flight duration. Should you require any more drinks then you can visit the galley area to do so. However once the drinks are gone, then that will be it. The stock held on-board is limited, due to restrictions on storage within the aircraft ^Jo

30. sammy2514@yahoo.com' Samantha Stewart

What size does your on board suitcase have to be please

Hi Samantha, You can take 1 piece of hand luggage weighing up to 5kg and with maximum dimensions of 55x40x20cm. ^Sam

31. mandjbale@googlemail.com' Amanda Walker

Hi. Flying on a Dreamliner to Costa Rica in November. When and how do I find out what movies are on please? Thanks

32. thelyates@icloud.com' THELMA YATES

Hi, I have to pick up my nephew who is flying on a Thomson Condor departing Miami International on 9th Oct 16 and arriving at Manchester International on Monday 10th Oct 16. I cannot find which terminal to go to collect him from can anyone advise me please? Thelma

• Sophie.Lloyd@thomson.co.uk' Sophie Lloyd

Hi, Please can you supply me with the flight number ^Sophie