Home » Flights » A 60-Second Tour Of The Thomson 787 Dreamliner

A 60-Second Tour Of The Thomson 787 Dreamliner

If you’re yet to try out the Thomson Flights 787 Dreamliner for yourself, take a look at this video for a whistle-stop tour of a few of the plane’s best features (skip to 41 seconds if you want to get straight to the plane).

It’s one of 6 mini-videos made especially for the grand opening of our new Holiday Design Store in Bluewater Shopping Centre a few weeks back. And, along with a handful more videos, it features on the 75-inch, high-definition ‘community screen’ – just one of the many nifty features you’ll find inside the store.

Find out more about Thomson’s Holiday Design Store at Bluewater.

511 Responses to “A 60-Second Tour Of The Thomson 787 Dreamliner”

1. emily_08@hotmail.co.uk' Emily rose

Hi I am traveling to Mexico in a few weeks with my 21 month old boy , what food will be available on board.?

2. harrisonj6359@gmail.com' Jane Harrison

Hi I am flying with hubby, who has mobility problems, to Barbados in December and would like to treat him to Premium – we are on the P&O cruise. How much will it cost to upgrade to Premium for the both of us and would that be both ways, as normally with other airlines there is a charge for outgoing and incoming. Many thanks.

• Brenda.Thomas@thomson.co.uk' Brenda Thomas

Hi Jane, Ooh that sounds like a great idea! To check availability and prices please contact the retail store you booked with directly. ^Brenda

3. abieyz@yahoo.com' Bee strong

Hi.. Me and my husband will fly to Cancun next month.
    We would like to book for Premiun Cabin. Just a little curious, is the seat fully reclined?

• Johanna.Thomas@thomson.co.uk' Johanna Thomas

Hi Bee, The seats do recline by a few inches but they don’t recline horizontally ^Jo

4. harrison_louise@hotmail.co.uk' Louise

Hi, I’ve seen conflicting replies. A customer mentioned earlier about in flight entertainment to Cape Verde and was told he’s there would be. Further down a customer asks the same question to same destination and is told no there will not be In flight entertainment. Someone told me they travelled to Rhodes, Greece on Dreamliner and had tv etc. I’m travelling to Rhodes on Dreamliner and want to know if kids will have something to watch in tv’s or whether I need to bring my own gadgets for them?

• Johanna.Thomas@thomson.co.uk' Johanna Thomas

Hi Louise, If a flight to Cape Verde is operating on the Dreamliner, then in-flight entertainment will be provided. However if it is on any other aircraft model, it will not ^Jo

5. ameliaspencer89@gmail.com' Amelia

Hi we are traveling to Florida on the 26th august on the Dreamliner. I have booked my 1 year old a seat. Can you please tell me if I’ll be able to use a “legs up” for kids on board the plane? Don’t want to buy it to not be able to use it on the plane. Thanks Amelia

• Charlotte.Baker@thomson.co.uk' Charlotte Baker

Hi Amelia, We do not allow the use of these on-board our flights ^Charlotte

6. richardjones_manutd@hotmail.co.uk' Rich jones

Oh the Dreamliner, so I need a headphone adaptor, or can I use my own headphones?

• Charlotte.Baker@thomson.co.uk' Charlotte Baker

Hi Rich, You’re welcome to take your own or you can use the free pair of headphones provided by the cabin crew on your outbound flight – no adapter is required should you take your own ^Charlotte

7. sarahbbe21@live.co.uk' Sarah Sorrell

Hi I am travelling to menorca in September on the 787 with my 14 month old will this have a film on?

• clark.priday@thomson.co.uk' Clark Priday

Hi Sarha, Only our Long Haul flights have In-Flight Entertainment, as such there would be none on your flight I am afraid ^Clark

8. panteli@hotmail.co.uk' Kosta Panteli

Hi I’m travelling to Cape Verde on the 787 Dreamliner and was told by the agent there is films showing. But an earlier reply suggests there is any showing. Please advise

• Charlotte.Baker@thomson.co.uk' Charlotte Baker

If your flight is scheduled to travel on a Dreamliner to Cape Verde, then you’ll have in-flight entertaintment. Other aircrafts to Cape Verde do not provide this service ^Charlotte

9. annerob64@gmail.com' Anne

Can you please confirm the following. We are looking to book a holiday to Cancun which is a dreamliner flight, it says that we need to pay £68 to book our seats! Is this correct? That seems wrong to me that this is added on to our holiday and not included in the price.

• clark.priday@thomson.co.uk' Clark Priday

Hi Anne, Our Select Your Seat option is chargeable. Without this seats are allocated based on availability when checking in ^Clark

10. jean.graham13@hotmail.co.uk' Jean

When you give price on long haul flights for premier seats is this one way or both.

• clark.priday@thomson.co.uk' Clark Priday

Hi Jean, In most instances a price quoted for Premium Club will be for both ways ^Clark

11. antoniapaige@gmail.com' antonia

Hi! I am wanting to go to Cape Verde at Christmas this year from Gatwick, will this be on a dreamliner or not?
    Thankyou!

• Rebecca1.Williams@thomson.co.uk' Rebecca Williams

Hi Antonia, If the Dreamliner is operated this will be shown on the booking process ^Becca

12. mary.naomi16@gmail.com' Mary Coughlan

Hello I’m traveling for the first time alone with my 8yr old grandson on your TOM 144 flight 4/8/17
    Will he have a tv screen to watch on the seat in front of him ? Tad nervous nana

• Rebecca1.Williams@thomson.co.uk' Rebecca Williams

Hi Mary, Which destination are you flying to? ^Becca

13. lauraann48@hotmail.com' Laura

We are flying to Cape Verde in August on the Dreamliner.
    Will the aircraft have seat back screens?
    If yes is there a way to check what films/programs will be available?

• Rebecca1.Williams@thomson.co.uk' Rebecca Williams

Hi Laura, We don’t offer entertainment on our Cape Verde flights I am sorry ^Becca

14. poshpunky@hotmail.co.uk' Lisa Smith

Just wondering if flights Tom114 13th Nov from Manchester to DomRep and Domrep to Man Tom115 are the dreamliner or not? Thank you

• Charlotte.Baker@thomson.co.uk' Charlotte Baker

Hi Lisa, Yes these are currently operating on a Dreamliner – please note aircrafts are subject to change at anytime ^Charlotte

15. rcpbristol@gmail.com' Rich

We have booked premium seats for our flights to Florida flying from Bristol in August. Do we have access to their Aspire lounges?

• Zoe.Chappell@thomson.co.uk' Zoe Chappell

Hi Rich, Yes we do provide Lounge Access with Premium Club from Bristol Airport ^Zoe

16. karenmarillier@btinternet.com' Karen

We have had notification that we are flying to St Lucia on 2nd December from LGW on TOM072. This is a chartered flight for P&O cruises. Can you confirm what plane this is please?

• kayz.priory@live.co.uk' Karim

Will be a 787 Dreamliner. Enjoy it Karen was a delight to fly on

17. anitatomas77@yahoo.co.uk' Anita

we are booked next Sunday 23rd July to Cancun, as it is our first time to Cancun as a family we have booked premium class.

We I booked the holiday in April 2016, I was informed that I could only select my seats 90days before, it only came to light speaking to friend in April or May this year who informed me that I could have booked my seats at the time of booking.

I was told to look on the Thomson extras and I could select my seats there, to find that near enough all the premium seats had been booked up, this was disappointing as we did not get the seats that we would have wanted, as I am travelling with 2 child who would have loved to have had window seats, but we are all sitting in the middle..

I would like to know if it is worth us checking in early at the airport to see if we are able to change our seats, we have already checked in online.. As my children would really like window seats.

• Jodie.Williams@thomson.co.uk' Jodie Williams

Hi Anita, You can certainly check upon check in if there are any alternative seats you can be allocated to. However we cannot guarantee this. Our Seating Policy changed in November 2016 where customers who have booked extra space, extra legroom, premium seats can select their seats as soon as they’ve booked. If you have paid for select your seat it would remain as 90 days to your return date. All seats come at a first come first serve basis, I’m sorry for any disappointment caused ^Jodie

18. ffodos2@sky.com' Pete

Myself and the family are off to Florida in a few days. My children are asking if they can use their own headphones on the plane in conjunction with the onboard TVs system. Can you please advise.

Many thanks

• Jodie.Williams@thomson.co.uk' Jodie Williams

Hi Pete, You will be able to use your own headphones as long as these are compatible ^Jodie

19. joannea82@gmail.com' Joanne

Could you please advise luggage allowance,I am flying to Dominican in September

20. sarahsfpage@gmail.com' Sarah

Hi, I want to book an extra seat for comfort as my 15 month old is large and we will need the space on a long haul flight. Can you tell me whether we will need to pay for a full fare or do you have a comfort seat option like virgin where you pay a small fee?

Thanks!

• Rebecca1.Williams@thomson.co.uk' Rebecca Williams

Hi Sarah, If you contact the Pre-Travel team on 0203 451 2688 they would be able to advise on a price for you ^Becca

• Zoe.Chappell@thomson.co.uk' Zoe Chappell

Hi Amelia, All seats on our 787 Dreamliner aircrafts will have a tv ^Zoe

21. astrid.want@hltmail.com' Astrid

I would like to book a flight one way from DRep. The website won’t allow this
    Is it not possible to get a one way ticket?

• Zoe.Chappell@thomson.co.uk' Zoe Chappell

Hi, I’m afraid that we do not offer one way flights from the Dominican Republic into the UK, I’m sorry ^Zoe

22. lindsayhy@aol.com' Yvonne lindsay

Hi going to Florida sept 11 with daughter and 2 grandkids was wanting to change to premium seats , it’s showing up there are seats but can’t get in to change it ,so I phoned up Thomson said there none left but still see there are few not taken

• Charlotte.Baker@thomson.co.uk' Charlotte Baker

Hi Yvonne, This will mean that passengers who have purchased Premium Club have yet to select their seat numbers ^Charlotte

23. trevswilliams@hotmail.com' Trevor williams

Hello. Can you tell me if there are any economy seats on the Dreamliner going to Jamaica in front of the wing, if not can you recommend a good seat for two with good views and not blocked by the wing. Many thanks.

• debbiemurphy29@hotmail.co.uk' Debbie

Yes seats 14 H &14J are just in front of the wing on the Dreamliner in economy class.

24. muckerbro@hotmail.com' Bart

Hi, when checking in an infants car seat do you supply a bag to place it in or do we need to put it in one before checking it in? Thanks

• clark.priday@thomson.co.uk' Clark Priday

Hi Bart, This car seat will just be carried as a piece of hold luggage. This does not need to be placed into a bag ^Clark

25. ann_kilkenny@yahoo.co.uk' ann pickering

we have upgraded to premium seats and were told we get a free massage and airport lounge how do we get this, we are flying to dominican republic on 17 july 2017 on the dreamliner from manchester t2

• Jezreel.Garcia@thomson.co.uk' Jezreel Garcia

Hi Ann, You can access the lounge at Manchester but I’m afraid there are no complimentary free massages.^Jez

26. aileensmith1@hotmail.co.uk' Aiken Smith

I am cruising and flying to Barbados to meet ship. Can I upgrade our flights to premium Club and how much extra would that be

• Johanna.Thomas@thomson.co.uk' Johanna Thomas

Hi Aiken, Please email your details and query to cares@thomson.co.uk, so we can check the availability in Premium Club for you ^Jo

27. jancrossley@orangehome.co.uk' Jan

Hi I am wanting premier seats on Dreamliner to Cape Verde. But none showing only extra leg room do they do premium seats to cape verde

• Zoe.Chappell@thomson.co.uk' Zoe Chappell

Hi Jan, We do not offer Premium Club on short or mid-haul flights, I’m sorry. These are only available on long haul flights ^Zoe