Sensatori Resort Turkey Opens Its Doors

The wait is over! Who wants a sneak peek?

Here at Thomson HQ, we’re like proud parents when our brand-new hotels are ready to greet their first guests. Especially when it’s one of our Sensatori resorts. Our 5* beachfront hotel in Side has been primped and preened, and we think you’ll agree she’s a beauty. Since a picture is worth a thousand words, I’ll shush now. Presenting Sensatori Resort Turkey

{Adult pool}

{Main pool}

{Lobby reception}

{Lobby}

What do you think? Are you booked to go soon?

About the author

El Berwick
El Berwick is an events planner turned travel blogger. Her idea of a perfect holiday would be a few days visiting her favourite spots in NYC, followed by a road trip up the New England coast staying at quaint B&Bs, and ending up on the beaches of Nantucket. Failing that, she’d be happy with a long weekend watching the world sail by in Salcombe, Devon. Connect with El on Google +

543 replies to "“Sensatori Resort Turkey Opens Its Doors”"

1. Rebecca hall says: 16/04/2014 at 21:01

I have just returned from a weeks stay at the sensatori turkey. Absolutely magnificent. All last year’s teething problems obviously all rectified. I am now booking to go again next month. Couldn’t fault anything at all.

2. Ellielucy says: 13/04/2014 at 15:12

I know this isn’t a relevant question but I was staying at this hotel in turkey on 4th of April and I met someone there and I didn’t get there name and I’ve been trying to find that person I’m not a stalker but I really liked this person and his room was above the lobby on the second floor at the very end on the left hand side ( from standing in side ) and I have been trying to find him but I can’t I left on Friday 11th (2days ago) Thomson if you reply please could u email me ?(sensatori turkey)

• Dan @Thomson says: 14/04/2014 at 18:01

Hi Ellie, Unfortunately we’re unable to give information regarding other guests staying in our hotels, sorry for any disappointment caused.

3. Sharon says: 17/01/2014 at 21:17

We are arriving from Gatwick the 12th aug and have book a swim up room, could we request this be in the adults only part and a sun facing room.

• Amanda @Thomson says: 18/01/2014 at 04:15

Hi Sharon, You can request this. If you email us at cares@thomson.co.uk and we’ll be more than happy to add this request on for you.

• Roger says: 17/03/2014 at 20:39

Hi, can you tell me if every room comes with a fridge? And do you need to pay for alcohol even when it says all inclusive?

• Natasha @Thomson says: 18/03/2014 at 03:03

Hi Roger, What room type have you got booked?

• Roger says: 18/03/2014 at 21:29

Hi Natasha, we are wanting to know if all rooms come with a fridge before booking as we need one for baby’s food but we do not want to be limited with the room choice. The facilities section on each room type suggests only some rooms provide a fridge but I wasn’t convinced a 5* hotel wouldn’t offer a fridge in all rooms so thought I’d ask here.
        Roger

• Natasha @Thomson says: 19/03/2014 at 03:35

Hi Roger, I’ve just had a look for you and can see that most rooms do have a refrigerator, which should be specified on the page when booking your room. I’d suggest selecting the room type you want and just double checking that the facilities page states that a fridge is provided.

4. Charlotte says: 09/01/2014 at 13:01

Was thinking about booking turkey with my boyfriend in July but these reviews are very mixed. I’m afraid I will be disappointed as I have been to the Mexico resort and couldn’t fault it my parents have also stayed in the Egypt resort and couldn’t fault it either. Can anyone say it’s as nice as Egypt ?
    Also is it possible to get a extra in the room for use arriving, champagne and a message?

• Julia says: 22/02/2014 at 19:43

I have been to Tenerife, Crete, Sharm el Sheik and Turkey Sensatori hotels. They are all very different but I will try to be fair to each.
      I love being entertained, I lke to be able to wander outside the hotel and I enjoy good food and drink. These are the reasons I chose Sensatori hotels.

The entertainment is much the same in them all as are the rooms. They vary in other ways. You have been to Mexico which I believe is very food orientated but does not have much entertainment. That would not suit me but you obviously loved it. This shows we are all different.
      Tenerife – Luxurious surrondings in the hotel but the hotel has other guests besides Sensatori. Thomson apparantly has the less opulent side of the hotel but of course all the ameneties are the same. The hotel is stunning, the restaurant settings are superb and the food is O.K. The service is good and the plus side is you can have full board if you prefer. Drinks are expensive but this is a definite 5* hotel.
      Sharm el Sheik – I felt was like a holiday camp. The entertainment lounge had plastic chairs and was in a tent outside the hotel. The food was awful as was the organisation in the main restaurant. It was grab a seat and grab your food. No style at all. The staff were superb. Even the “A La Carte” restaurant food looked and tasted horrible. The setting right on the Red was was superb but make sure you take plastic sandals to walk on the beach. I would never return to this hotel and if it had been my first visit to a Sensatori hotel I would not have tried any of the others.
      Crete – the food is of a decent standard both in the main restaurant and the A La Carte venues. You can walk outside the hotel but the village is small but very welcoming. You can get to Herssonisis by bus, miniature train or by Taxi. The beach to the right of the hotel is quite good but it is often very windy. In July this would be very welcome. The entertainment lounges are ecxellent and so was the entertainment. The very best virtue of this hotel is the staff. they are just wonderful. Nothing is too much trouble, they are friendly and knowledgable about their jobs. They will do anything to give your holiday the special touch. I don’t know how they remember you but I have been to this hotel more than once and from the second time onwards I was greeted by name – amazing. I am not including the Thomson staff in this praise, they are just the normal that you would expect.
      Now you asked about Turkey. I was one of the first visitors and there were many things that needed attention. New hotel and new staff is not always a good combination but the management listened to all the compalints and slowly slowly as the week passed things improved. The food in the main restaurant was better than all the above but seating needed to be addressed and the dress code was not always adhered to. The beach was O.K. but shingly with a big drop close to the water’s edge. Great for adults but not really child friendly. The pool areas were cramped and the 2 rooms with private pools were not private in the least. Glad I never booked one of those. I think all rooms face the sea. the entertainment lounge was good but there was no control with children running everywhere, even on the stage during the acts. Outside of the hotel you can jump on the local bus to Side or Manavgat for about 1 Euro and these are very interesting places. I loved this part of the holiday. I believe this would not make a 5* so it would not be up to thestandard of Mexico. The price reflects the standard of the hotel and even at this years prices I think it would be value for money.
      I am sure champagne and chocolates could be arranged for you at a price. I went for my birthday and all sorts of packages were available.
      I am thinking of booking again this year even if only to see if they have sorted all the original niggles.
      Hope this helps and if you want me answer any specific questions I will.

• Jeff Hearn says: 13/03/2014 at 12:44

I’d really reccomend NOT staying at Sensatori Turkey, it really isn’t a very good hotel at all. It’s sub 3* at best. We stayed in May last year and it was by far the worst holiday we’ve ever had.

Apparently it’s not a patch on other Sensatori resorts, so I’d book one of them, but after our experiene with this resort last year I won’t be booking anytime soon. Only good thing about the resort was the weather!

5. Caroline H says: 31/10/2013 at 20:10

Hi, can you recommend any special activities and/or optional extras for us to help celebrate our silver wedding anniversary? Arriving at Sensatori Turkey on 8th November and it’s our anniversary on the 12th. Thanks!

• Caroline H says: 01/11/2013 at 19:05

Thanks James – very helpful! Like the look at both suggestions, sounds lovely…..

• James @Thomson says: 02/11/2013 at 01:24

That’s no problem Caroline! Please let me know if you need any further help, and you’re right both look lovely!

• Matthew says: 05/11/2013 at 08:02

Can you tell me if the pools at Sensatori Turkey are heated in May/June as I’ve seen reviews that say the pools were freezing!

• Jonathan S @ Thomson says: 06/11/2013 at 00:07

Hi Matthew, The pools at our Sensatori Resort in Turkey are only heated during the winter months and won’t be heated during summer months including May and June.

6. Sara says: 26/10/2013 at 13:36

Did anyone go to Tunisia with Thomson
    Let me know please where is the best place to stay in Tunisia holidays

• Elaine @Thomson says: 26/10/2013 at 19:55

Hi Sara, I haven’t been to Tunisia myself, but I’m sure you’ll get some feedback on this page. If you’ve got any further questions please let me know.

7. Sara says: 26/10/2013 at 13:33

I am waiting for Thomson to get back to me

• Elaine @Thomson says: 26/10/2013 at 19:53

Hi Sara, Is there anything that I can help you with?

8. Sara says: 25/10/2013 at 18:27

I would like to send some comments for the owner of Sensatori Side Turkey. To make 5 stars to a hotell, there are many things that costumers are looking for.
    First the good things: we were at cabana on 29.9 and this was one of our best days. The man who served us was very friendly and hard-working. He has choosed a very suitable trade for him. I hope that you owners will know that too.
    Then our ala carte evening in Turkey-restaurant was also succesfull. Food was first time tastefull in your hotell. Also serving was excellent and happy.
    And least but not last the lady in breakfast, who maked omelets and in the pool-restaurant some “lettuce”, was very shiny and friendly.
    Then something not so good: mainly your staff was very tired and very discourteous.
    Then at our first room you but some notes to our door: “we can`t get maid service” and we can`t use not disturbed-sign. Why ?
    Then at the leavingday first some cleaning-lady knocked our door at 10 a.m. saying that we have check-out. Then at 11 a.m. some boy didn`t even knock, but just used his own key to our room ? Why ? I am adult person and I know when to leave a room: check-out before 12 a.m. !! Honestly we have had much better service in all over the world. And looking in the mirrow for our earlier holidays you may have 5 stars only for you stand-up meal and our staff mentioned earlier, the rest is only
    about 2-3 stars. Sorry. I am waiting for your reply and explanation, thank you.

• Elaine @Thomson says: 25/10/2013 at 23:12

Hi Sara, Thanks for your feedback. I’m disappointed to hear that you’re unhappy with some aspects of your holiday. For this to be investigated fully you’ll need to contact our After Travel Team. You can contact them through our on line form at the following link – http://www.thomson.co.uk/editorial/send-us-an-email-postTravel.html. I hope this helps and if you’ve got any further questions please let me know.

9. Helen cant says: 23/10/2013 at 20:34

Heard from reviews that this hotel is not the five star I was led to believe.
    Additional charges for sun beds, branded spirits and specialist restaurants.

Please can someone who has recently returned comment?

• juliejenkins says: 26/10/2013 at 20:41

no extra charge for sunbeds ,extra for a la carte restaurant and bbq on the beach and yes also for branded drinks but please don’t be put off its an excellent hotel with fab service with 4 other restaurants free to choose from and all excellent

10. juliejenkins says: 21/10/2013 at 08:34

went to sensatori turkey 0n 8th oct for 1 week had a fabulous time cant understand anyone complaining about this hotel not too sure just what people want ,our experience was amazing with really good service ,good food ,excellent entertainment ,our room was cleaned on a daily basis and hoping to return next year

• Samantha @Thomson says: 22/10/2013 at 01:02

That’s brilliant to hear, Julie. Thanks for sharing your lovely feedback with us :)

11. Sara says: 19/10/2013 at 08:39

Just back from Turkey holiday it was the worst holiday ever

• Lauren K @Thomson says: 20/10/2013 at 01:08

Hi Sara, It’s a shame to hear this. Have you raised your concerns with our After Travel Team?

12. Sara says: 16/10/2013 at 20:41

I ordered the anniversary cake They gave me a birthday cake saying happy birthday on it for my anniversary. When I ordered cake for my wife’s 28th birthday I did not get no cake at all it is the Sensatori Turkey for you . I am very annoyed and upset

13. Jc says: 12/10/2013 at 11:55

We’re not keen on organised tours but we like to explore our surroundings, is it easy to go out sight-seeing from the resort using public transport? Taxi? Car hire? Which places would you recommend?

• James @Thomson says: 12/10/2013 at 12:32

You’re more than welcome to explore the area. You’re able to act as normal as you’d like, and hire car’s or walk about depending where you’d like to go. You’re able to pick up some tourist guides from the hotel reception and take phone numbers in case you need to contact them whilst you’re out of the resort.

Which resort are you looking to visit?

14. Colin Pratt says: 11/10/2013 at 14:22

Thinking about booking for the 17 th oct 2013,not many reviews to go off.i know it hasn’t been open long.have you got any discounts of any sort for this holiday I am thinking about booking.i know it’s short notice but shy bairns get no sweets!!.
    Yours. Colin @ Ann

• Leanne @Thomson says: 12/10/2013 at 01:46

Hi Colin and Ann, I’ve had a look for you, and we have some Turkey offers but none for our Sensatori Resort.

15. Sara says: 09/10/2013 at 13:05

I paid a lot of money and I am very very upset that I’m getting this kind of Service from The sensatori I’ll booked for my anniversary and didn’t do nothing special for me and my wife

• Leanne @Thomson says: 10/10/2013 at 03:30

Hi Sara, If you would like me to look into this further for you, then please email cares@thomson.co.uk.

• Sara says: 10/10/2013 at 15:18

Yes I well e mail u

16. Sara says: 08/10/2013 at 15:22

The room Service very bad They don’t clean your room

17. Sara says: 07/10/2013 at 18:51

I all way book wes sensatori for 3 Yeah and I am not happy wes turkey

• James @Thomson says: 08/10/2013 at 02:52

That’s not good Sara. What is it that you’re not happy with at the Sensatori Turkey?

• Sara says: 12/10/2013 at 05:51

The way customers are on the way that people work here and the beach and stuff about the foodp

18. Sara says: 07/10/2013 at 14:58

There is nothing to do no excursions

19. Sara says: 07/10/2013 at 14:52

The sensatori resort turkey is NOT LIKE the one in the Magazine

20. Sara says: 07/10/2013 at 14:38

It’s not Like Egypt sensatori I am v up set

21. Sara says: 07/10/2013 at 14:33

I like to say about the room service and the cleaning is very bad and very slow

• Elaine @Thomson says: 07/10/2013 at 15:32

It’s a shame to hear this Sara. Did you raise your concerns with our After Travel Team?

22. Sara says: 06/10/2013 at 13:49

Hi I am At the new resort turkey it okay but is not Like Egypt Everything in Turkey it’s okay. The beach is very very bad

23. juliejenkins says: 05/10/2013 at 21:11

arrive on Tuesday 8th really cant wait so looking forward to experiencing our first sensatori holiday

• James @Thomson says: 07/10/2013 at 02:51

We’re sure that you’ll have a wonderful holiday experience with us. You’ll be able to relax and soak up the sun and enjoy that Turkish delight!

• Sara says: 12/10/2013 at 05:51

I’m sorry but you won’t be happy with your first holiday

• Sara says: 12/10/2013 at 05:53

Turkey is the worst Holiday you can have