Home » Holidays » Dream Haul Has Arrived

Dream Haul Has Arrived

Ladies and gentlemen. The wait is over.  The Thomson 787 Dreamliner touched down on British soil for the very first time at 11am, having flown from the Boeing Everett Factory in Seattle. It will be followed with the delivery of a further 3 Thomson 787 aircraft this summer.

The Dreamliner is set to revolutionise air travel and leave holidaymakers more relaxed and refreshed than ever before, with comfort and well-being features on-board reducing the effects of jet-lag. It can also fly much further than similar-sized aircraft and is more environmentally-friendly, using 20% less fuel.

Thomson Airways will fly the state-of-the-art aircraft from London Gatwick, Manchester, East Midlands and Glasgow airports, on long-haul routes to Sanford, Florida and Cancun in Mexico, starting from 8 July 2013.

Dreamliner Infographic

To coincide with the launch of this superb aircraft, we’ve created a visual history of flight, all the way from the myth of Icarus, the original passenger plane, the aircraft that was used for Queen Elizabeth II’s first flight, through to Concorde, and now the 787. Take a trip through history right here.

Dreamliner 787 infographic
Click To View

Holidays just got better with the introduction of the Thomson 787 Dreamliner. Learn more about the history of flight and then take your pick from stunning destinations in Mexico and Florida to experience the future of air travel.

Where are you going? Tell us your perfect destination for a trip on the #Dreamliner.

1,560 Responses to “Dream Haul Has Arrived”

1. pandgwright@btinternet.com' Peter

I will be travelling to Barbados on 22/11/13 on a P&O charter flight no. TOM 116. My booking reference is HR5NVN. Can you tell me if the flight is on a Dreamliner and can hold luggage be more than one item if under the 23kg limit.
    Many thanks.

• Amanda @Thomson

Hi Peter, can you email us your flight details and further information to cares@thomson.co.uk, then I’ll have a look at this for you.

2. annandharry@tiscali.co.uk' Ann

Hi, I will be returning from Barbados to Manchester on 15th Dec flight no TOM 175 will this be on Dream liner or a 767

• Leanne.myers@thomson.co.uk' Leanne @Thomson

Hi Ann, If you could please send me your booking reference, I would be happy to check this for you.

• Elaine.lea@thomson.co.uk' Elaine @Thomson

Hi Ann, I’ve checked this for you and your return flight is scheduled to be on a 767. If you’ve got any further questions please let me know and I hope that you have a lovely holiday.

3. G8thy@hotmail.co.uk' Cathy

Sorry should have said we are flying from Manchester.

• Leanne.myers@thomson.co.uk' Leanne @Thomson

Hi Cathy, If you could please send me your booking reference, I would be happy to look into this for you.

• Elaine.lea@thomson.co.uk' Elaine @Thomson

Hi Cathy, I’ve checked this for you and can see that your flight is scheduled to be on the Dreamliner. If you’ve got any further questions please let me know and I hope that you have a lovely holiday.

4. G8thy@hotmail.co.uk' Cathy

Hi Dave can you please advise we are flying to goa on the 27th jan 14 flight no Tom 134 can you please confirm its the dreamliner many thanks

5. marliauk@hotmail.com' Martin W

Taking a New Year holiday on the Thomson Dream. Will I be flying on the Dreamliner? I Depart: BirminghamSun 29-Dec-2013 09:15 (TOM770). From your other replies it looks like Bham is not getting the Dreamliner; any reason why not? Also, it would be nice if we could check these details online without having to ask you via this method.

• Daniel.Doubleday@thomson.co.uk' Dan @Thomson

Hi Martin, You’ll be flying on one of our Thomson Boeing 767 aircraft. You can find details of which flights are on our 767’s and Dreamliner’s in the back of our brochures which are available online.

6. dawnmackay295@btinternet.com' Dawn Mackay

we are flying to Goa on the 25th Nov 2013flight Tom 134 from Manchester
    returning flight from Goa Tom 17th Dec 2013 could you please tell me if this flight is 767or 787 dreamliner
    kind Regards
    Dawn

• Elaine.lea@thomson.co.uk' Elaine @Thomson

Hi Dawn, I’ve checked this for you and can see that this flight is scheduled to be on the Dreamliner. If you’ve got any further questions please let me know and I hope that you have a lovely holiday.

7. thegrants05@btinternet.com' Dave

Hi, we are booked to fly to Barbados from Manchester on the December 14 (TOM 168 – P&O chartered flight) and from Barbados to Manchester on Dec 28 (TOM 169 – P&O chartered flight) and would love to know our flights will be on the Dreamliner. Many thanks in advance for your reply.

• James @Thomson

Hi Dave, I’m sure you’re looking forward to your upcoming holiday to Barbados, where you’ll set sail around the beautiful Caribbean. I’ve looked into the flight plans and can see that you’re flights are scheduled on one of our Thomson Airways B767’s for both journeys. I hope that you have a wonderful holiday.

• thegrants05@btinternet.com' Dave

Many thanks for your prompt response James. Shame our flights are not on a Dreamliner – maybe next time!

8. gtilton30@gmail.com' Greg

can someone please confirm the correct dimensions of hand luggage allowed on the Thompson dreamliner that goes from Gatwick to Barbados.

9. susan@allinson2308.freeserve.co.uk' Susan Allinson

Hi we are travelling to Punta Cana on 2nd April from manchester on flight TOM154, when will we be able to reserve our seating online? Also can you confirm this is a dreamliner route.

Many Thanks

10. Stuart1731@sky.com' Stuart Carlyle

I am flying to Egypt in May and in August and the booking says it is the Dreamliner. What will be the seat configuration as there is no premium class?

• Stuart1731@sky.com' Stuart Carlyle

Forgot to mention I am fly from Glasgow in May and Edinburgh in August

• Leanne.myers@thomson.co.uk' Leanne @Thomson

Hi Stuart, If you could please send me your booking reference, I can check this for you.

• Stuart1731@sky.com' Stuart Carlyle

2600/****** is the May booking

• James @Thomson

Hi Stuart, I’ve double checked this for you and can see that you’re scheduled for the 787 Dreamliner for your flights from Glasgow to Sharm El Sheikh and then for your return. The seating configuration on this aircraft is 3-3-3. Which is standard across the board. The only time Premium Club is activated is for our long haul programme.

• Stuart1731@sky.com' Stuart Carlyle

If the configuration is 3-3-3, which rows will have the extra legroom seats.

• Leanne.myers@thomson.co.uk' Leanne @Thomson

Hi Stuart, The extra legroom rows are row 10 and row 30.

11. stevepheard@aol.com' Steve Heard

I am flying on TOM 034 on 15th November from LGW to BGI. Return date is 29th November. Please can you tell me if the aircraft that will be used in the 787 dreamliner. Thanks.

• Leanne.myers@thomson.co.uk' Leanne @Thomson

Hi Steve, I’ve checked the flight schedule, and this route is due to be on the Dreamliner.

• stevepheard@aol.com' Steve Heard

Leanne,
      Thank you very much for the information. We are very much looking forward to the flight.

12. b0rdert6@btinternet.com' Christine Stephenson

I’m flying to Barbados on January 19th 2013 from Manchester. Flight Tom 108 could you tell me if we will be flying on a Dreamliner.

• Jonathan S @ Thomson

Hi Christine, I’ve checked your booking and can see you’re currently scheduled to fly on the Dreamliner.

• readcjr@aol.com' Colin

Do all flights to Barbados in Jan-Mar 2014 use Dreamliner. That’s when we plan to go.

• Jonathan S @ Thomson

Hi Colin, Do you have a specific date or month when you’d like to visit Barbados?

• readcjr@aol.com' Colin

To clarify I mean all flights from Manchester (or Gatwick) to Barbados using Dreamliner.

13. noelflann@hotmail.com' noel

flying to cancun from birmingham on the 26th dec,is it possible to find out the seat plan for this flight TOM374 ??
    THANKS

• Daniel.Doubleday@thomson.co.uk' Dan @Thomson

Hi Noel, This flight is due to be operated by one of our Boeing 767 aircraft which has a 2-3-2 configuration in both Premium and Economy Club.

• noelflann@hotmail.com' noel

thanks Dan
      we are booked on seats 18F and 18G for both legs of journey, can u confirm we are seated together TOM 374 to cancun 26th dec
      many thanks
      noel

• Jonathan S @ Thomson

Hi Noel, I’ve located your booking and can see you’ve selected 18F & G for both journeys.

14. jgustafson@btinternet.com' Jeanette Gustafson

Hi,we are booked to fly to Barbados 15/12/2013 for a 7 night cruise-can you advise what plane we will be on 767 or Dreamliner ? Thank you.

• jgustafson@btinternet.com' Jeanette Gustafson

Just read a comment from Sept confirming TOM174 is not the Dreamliner yet on the website it says flights to Barbados wef 15/12/13 are on the Dreamliner so am confused now.Also we are booked into 5G and 5H on our outbound flight leaving Amana 11am yet I cant see a row 5H on any seat plans for a 767!!!

• jgustafson@btinternet.com' Jeanette Gustafson

Leaving Manchester not Amana !!! Stupid ipad !

• Daniel.Doubleday@thomson.co.uk' Dan @Thomson

Hi Jeanette, I’ve checked our schedules and managed to locate your booking. I can advise that we have three flights on the 15th December from Manchester to Barbados, TOM586 at 9:15am, TOM174 at 11am and TOM108 at 11:15am. Only TOM108 is operated by one of our Thomson 787 Dreamliners. Your seat numbers are correct and your outbound flight is operated by one of our Boeing 767 aircraft which has a 2-3-2 configuration in Premium Club and a 2-4-2 configuration in Economy Club.

• Daniel.Doubleday@thomson.co.uk' Dan @Thomson

Hi Jeanette, If you can let us know where you’re flying from we’ll be able to check the flying schedule.

• Daniel.Doubleday@thomson.co.uk' Dan @Thomson

Hi Jeanette, Sorry I’ve picked up your later comment and I’ll get back to that.

• jgustafson@btinternet.com' Jeanette Gustafson

Hi Dan-the 767 we are flying on,do you have a link to seat plans for this plane ? its just The only 767 seat plan I could find on the internet that had rows G and H in was one used for short/medium haul not long haul ,didnt have a premium section and also said no seat back IFE! As you can imagine finding out our flight is not the Dreamliner is worrying (as would have booked the flight 15 mins later if I had known this)-checked the winter scheduling and could see the DL started barbados from 15/12 -didnt imagine there would be 2 flights to same destination within 15 mins of each other on that day ! Also am worried now after not finding a 767 seat plan that shows these rows with a dedicated premium cabin that we will be put on a plane really set up for short haul without the full premium experience we have paid the extra for! This week away is a silver wedding anniversary(16/2/13) so really dont want it to get off to a bad start with the flight hence why we upgraded to premium.Can you provide a seat plan please for reassurance ??

• jgustafson@btinternet.com' Jeanette Gustafson

Hi Leanne

I have just sent the email thru as requested and hope to hear from you asap.

Kind regards
      Jeanette Gustafson

• jgustafson@btinternet.com' Jeanette Gustafson

Just wanted to say thanks for providing the information regarding our flights to and from Barbados-disappointing we arent on the dream liner but am feeling more reassured with the information thats been provided promptly .Thanks again

Kind regards
      Jeanette Gustafson

• Samantha.thorley@thomson.co.uk' Samantha @Thomson

Hi Jeanette, I can appreciate your disappointment, but you’re of course, more than welcome for the information we’ve provided.

15. deydmann@yahoo.co.uk' derek

hello we are travelling via Thompson and P and O cruises on Tom 034 24th Jan 2014, would you be able to confirm what aircraft this will be on
    many thanks

• Daniel.Doubleday@thomson.co.uk' Dan @Thomson

Hi Derek, I’ve checked our flight schedules and this is due to be operated by one of our Thomson 787 Dreamliners.

• deydmann@yahoo.co.uk' derek

many thanks , great news , will be very happy

16. cau9@aol.com' david

Hi we will flying out from Manchester to Barbados on the 22nd November 2013, Tom116, at 10:25 am, we were told it will be a Dreamliner. Can you comfirm that?

• cau9@aol.com' david

It is a chartered flight with P & O, and coming back on the 6th December TOM 117 at 17:30 pm, thanks.

• Samantha.thorley@thomson.co.uk' Samantha @Thomson

Hi David, If you speak to P&O and ask them for your flight reference number, we’ll be able to check this for you.

17. Louise.chew@btopenworld.com' Louise

Hi, we have a booking for March 2014 Manchester to punta cana, if we wanted to change the date from March to April to fly the Dreamliner what would be the charge to do so? We already paid dull deposit, thanks.

18. Samantha.ellwood@yahoo.co.uk' Sje

I am due to travel to Goa from LGW on 30/11/2013 on TOM052. I would be grateful if you could advise what aircraft this will be on?

• James @Thomson

HI Sje, We’ve got some great news for you. You’ll be flying on our 787 Dreamliners for both journeys of your flight.

19. tonyc44@hotmail.co.uk' tony

Hi, me and my partner are flying from Birmingham to cancun on the 9th of jan 2014 could you tell me what plane we will be on, the flight is tom 374

• James @Thomson

Hi Tony, I’ve double checked this for you and can see that you’ll be flying on a Thomson Airways B767, and this is the same for your return journey.

20. tageorge22@hotmail.com' toni

Hiya , we fly sat 2nd nov from Gatwick to Florida flight number TOM046 , could u tell me if this is a Dreamliner plane ? and are soft drinks included or do we purchase them on board
    Kind regards Toni

• James @Thomson

Hi Toni, You’ll be delighted to know that the aircraft that’s scheduled for you this Saturday will be the 787 Deamliner. I hope that you have an amazing holiday in Florida!

21. Kennyhadfield@btinternet.com' Kerry Hadfield

We fly to barbados on the 9th November from Manchester chartered with P&O cruises can you tell me if we are on the Dreamliner .the flight leaves at 10.35am.
    Regards Kerry

• Samantha.thorley@thomson.co.uk' Samantha @Thomson

Hi Kerry, If you ask P&O for your flight reference number, I’ll be able to check this for you.

22. maxine-hinks@hotmail.co.uk' max

Hi, we too are booked on a P&O cruise and fly Manc to Barbados on 29.11.13 (TOM116), return 13.12.13 (TOM117). Do you know if this is a Dreamliner flight? We’re hoping so because we flew Thomson to Barbados in March this year and the seat back TVs didn’t work for anyone on board on the outward or return journeys. Thanks for any update you can give.

• Elaine.lea@thomson.co.uk' Elaine @Thomson

Hi Max, Thanks for your query. This flight is scheduled to be on a 767 and not the Dreamliner. I’m sorry for any disappointment this may cause.

23. kelly_foy@yahoo.co.uk' kelly wiltshire

Hi, we are looking at booking a holiday to fly from Gatwick to Domincan Republic in June 2014, Please can you tell me if the flight will be on the Dreamliner as the logo is shown when selecting flight dates.?

Many thanks

• Elaine.lea@thomson.co.uk' Elaine @Thomson

Hi Kelly, If the Dreamliner logo is displayed when selecting your flight, then the flight is scheduled to be on the Dreamliner. I hope this helps and if you’ve got any further questions please let me know.

24. nor.wri@blueyonder.co.uk' sarah wright

Hi we are flying from Barbados to Manchester returning from pro cruise on 8th November. Can you confirm the hand luggage dimensions for me pease it states 43cmx28cm23cm, this seems very small, is it an error. Also our flight no is tom 117 is it a dream liner.

• Elaine.lea@thomson.co.uk' Elaine @Thomson

Hi Sarah, Thanks for your query. Our hand luggage dimensions are 55x40x20cm. I’m unable to find the details of the flight that you’re on. Can you please check that this is a Thomson flight as we don’t have any flights arriving from Barbados to Manchester on 8 November 2013?

25. Kallypatel@hotmail.com' Kally Hughes

Hi All, reading all these reviews led my husband and I to upgrade from a short haul to long haul to travel to mexico with our 3 year old, and upgrade the seats to premium, off the back of all the advertising (newspapers / online etc) that indicate that all flights to mexico are now on board the new Dreamliner from Gatwick, only to now be told that it is not. As you can imagine what a disappointing way to start our family holiday.

26. pandjcaravan@gmail.com' Peter

Hi we have had premier class seats 6G and 6J booked for us by our Thomson agent in Grantham to Male on 5th January 2014 10 Hour Flight.
    On seat Guru it says these seats have limited recline, I want to know what they mean by limited recline, as it is a night flight and we need to sleep.

• Elaine.lea@thomson.co.uk' Elaine @Thomson

Hi Peter, If you can please send me your booking reference number I can check the seating plan for you.

27. clouds7212@gmail.com' maureen

We are booked to Vilamendhoo in January and have booked club seats on a promised Dreamliner. I am getting very concerned about complaints about the planes I see on reviews. Am I right in thinking the Dreamliner does not fly to Male? If so I will be expecting some refund.

• Samantha.thorley@thomson.co.uk' Samantha @Thomson

Hi Maureen, If you provide me with your booking reference, I’ll look into this for you.

• clouds7212@gmail.com' maureen

Thank you for your swift reply the ref is *
      Maureen

• Samantha.thorley@thomson.co.uk' Samantha @Thomson

Hi Maureen, I’ve checked your booking and can confirm that your flights are scheduled to be on the Dreamliner and you will be flying into Male airport. I hope this helps.

28. lwhitehead88@hotmail.co.uk' Lauren

Hi me and my boyfriend are due to fly out of Manchester to Cancun 19/11/13 is this a dreamliner flight (pretty sure we paid more for dreamliner) – booking ref *

• Samantha.thorley@thomson.co.uk' Samantha @Thomson

Hi Lauren, I’ve checked your booking and both your outbound and your return flights are scheduled to be on the Dreamliner. I hope this helps :)

29. gt99@sky.com' Graeme Turnbull

hi, due to fly to sanford 28/10/13 from manchester returning 10/11/13, are these dreamliner flights? thx

• Samantha.thorley@thomson.co.uk' Samantha @Thomson

Hi Graeme, If you provide me with your booking reference number, I’ll check this for you.

• gt99@sky.com' Graeme Turnbull

hi, my booking ref no is * thx

• Samantha.thorley@thomson.co.uk' Samantha @Thomson

Hi Graeme, I’ve checked your booking and can confirm that both your outbound and your return flights are scheduled to be on the Dreamliner.

30. barbararayhunt@hotmail.co.uk' geotge hunt

Hi we booked a two week holiday to Mexico 4/11/13 from Manchester flying premium class we hoped to be on the dreamliner but was told it would be a 767 our ref is * could you confirm this and if true will it still be a lovely experience

• Samantha.thorley@thomson.co.uk' Samantha @Thomson

Hi Geotge, I’ve checked your booking and can advise that your flight isn’t scheduled to be on the Dreamliner, but I’m sure you’ll enjoy your flight on one of our 767 aircraft just as much :). I’m sorry for any disappointment this may have caused.

31. Carl.bostock@tesco.net' Joanne bostock

We fly out on 16th nov Manchester to barbados 1030 am with Thomson flight number TOM168 to pick up a P & O cruise ship. Please could you clarify if this is the Dreamliner?P & O cannot advise us which plane it is.

Thanks. Joanne Bostock

• Lauren K @Thomson

Hi Joanne, Your flight isn’t currently scheduled to be on the Dreamliner.

32. cncen@compuserve.com' Chris

Hi, we are unable to change our seat allocation on the web site, do you know why third is and how we can resolve?
    Chris

• Samantha.thorley@thomson.co.uk' Samantha @Thomson

Hi Chris, Once you’ve selected your seat numbers, you’re unable to amend them using our website. We can look into doing this for you if you provide us with your booking reference and where you’d like to be seated.

33. chupka@hotmail.co.uk' teresa

why is my comment still awaiting moderation, and people who posted after me have been answered,(15/10/13 ??? seems a bit strange!!! thankyou, Teresa.

• Samantha.thorley@thomson.co.uk' Samantha @Thomson

Hi Teresa, I’m sorry for the delay in responding to you whilst we’ve been looking into this. So we can give you further information, Can you please send an email over to – thomsoncares@thomson.co.uk

34. cncen@compuserve.com' chris

Can you please confirm if TOM108 Manc to Barbados and TOM109 return are Dreamliner flights?

• Samantha.thorley@thomson.co.uk' Samantha @Thomson

Hi Chris, If you provide me with your booking reference, I’ll check this for you.

• cncen@compuserve.com' chris

Hi, our ref is * on Thomson Dream Fly Cruise, we have booked premium seats.
      Chris

• Samantha.thorley@thomson.co.uk' Samantha @Thomson

Hi Chris, I’ve checked your booking and can confirm that both your outbound and your return flights are scheduled to be on the Dreamliner. I hope this helps.

• joanna.mitchell@suttonsgroup.com' Chris and Joanna

Hi Samantha
      I’m Chris’s wife Joanna, he has asked me to respond. The booking reference is *
      We tried logging on last night to change our seats. We could see the allocated seats but it wouldn’t let us change them. What is the configuration of seats on the flights – the diagram didn’t make it obvious – is it 2-3-2? Thanks Joanna

• Samantha.thorley@thomson.co.uk' Samantha @Thomson

Hi Chris and Joanna, I’ve just responded to Chris’ post to say that I’ve checked your booking and can confirm that both your outbound and your return flights are scheduled to be on the Dreamliner. The seating plan in premium is 2-3-2 and economy is 3-3-3. If you’ve any further queries, feel free to contact me again.

35. shderby@yahoo.co.uk' Susan Derbyshire

Hi, I will be travelling on a Thomson flight from Barbados to Manchester, Tom 117 (P&O Cruises chartered). I was just wondering if it is possible to confirm what the hold luggage and hand luggage will be and whether the plane would be a dreamliner.

• Samantha.thorley@thomson.co.uk' Samantha @Thomson

Hi Susan, As you’ve made your booking through P&O, you’ll need to check this information with them directly. I’m sorry I can’t be of further help.

• shderby@yahoo.co.uk' Susan Derbyshire

Is it not possible to see if the plane would be a dreamliner please

• Samantha.thorley@thomson.co.uk' Samantha @Thomson

Hi Susan, If you have your flight reference number, I can check this for you.

• shderby@yahoo.co.uk' Susan Derbyshire

The flight number is TOM 117, from Barbados to Manchester on 15th November 17:30

• Samantha.thorley@thomson.co.uk' Samantha @Thomson

Hi Susan, It’s your actual flight reference number I need, rather than the flight number. Do you have this?

• shderby@yahoo.co.uk' Susan Derbyshire

I have the booking reference from P&O which includes the flights if this helps, its ****

• Lauren K @Thomson

Hi Susan, You’re flight isn’t currently scheduled to be on the Dreamliner.