Summer 2014 Holidays On Sale Now!

Your countdown to summer 2014 starts right here…

After more build-up than a John Lewis Christmas, we can finally – and very proudly – tell you that our summer 2014 holidays are on sale now! You know it must be special when I use an exclamation mark. I do, however, draw the line at a smiley face.

So, in case you’ve been living under a rock these past couple of weeks, and don’t have a clue what our new destinations are, then you’ve come to the right place. Here’s a peek at our shiny summer ‘14 brochure covers, with a quick recap of the treats you’ll find inside…

Summer 2014 Holidays

Cruises

Weddings

Will you be booking one of our new holidays, cruises or weddings?

About the author

El Berwick
El Berwick is an events planner turned travel blogger. Her idea of a perfect holiday would be a few days visiting her favourite spots in NYC, followed by a road trip up the New England coast staying at quaint B&Bs, and ending up on the beaches of Nantucket. Failing that, she’d be happy with a long weekend watching the world sail by in Salcombe, Devon. Connect with El on Google +

160 replies to "“Summer 2014 Holidays On Sale Now!”"

1. Beverley Shiels says: 16/03/2014 at 17:32

I am looking to book a weeks holiday to benidorm and have noticed since the ‘sale’ started the prices have increased dramatically. Will the prices come down after the sale has ended and if so where will that be please ?

• Adam @Thomson says: 17/03/2014 at 07:17

Hi Beverley, Prices can rise and fall as like most travel companies, we operate a flexible pricing policy. Prices can change at any time reacting to certain factors like the current market and supplier costs. We can’t advise if and when these changes could happen.

2. Elva says: 09/03/2014 at 15:33

Why are there no flights from newcastle to santorini. Are you thinking of introducing them? Why have you stopped flights from newcastle to halkidiki? Thanks

• Leanne @Thomson says: 10/03/2014 at 10:38

Hi Elva, Our flight schedule is planned around customer demand. I apologise if you’re disappointed that we’re not operating certain flights from Newcastle that you were looking at booking. We do offer flights from Manchester to Santorini if this is something you would be interested in booking.

3. Vanessa says: 20/02/2014 at 10:43

Can you tell me why Thomson/First Choice have stopped flying to Taba?
    It has amazing 5* hotels and is a popular destination.
    I’m very disappointed not to be going there this year.
    Are you likely to start flying there in the very near future.
    Also very disappointed to see you are stopping holidays to Cuba!!!!

• Dan @Thomson says: 20/02/2014 at 11:55

Hi Vanessa, We regularly review our flights and the destinations we offer, unfortunately we’re not offering flights to Taba at this time, but this may be something we introduce in the future.

4. dianne liverpool says: 09/02/2014 at 10:58

myself husband son partner and 2 children 9yrs old and 9mths are there any free child places, we are looking to go to the sentatori in egypt onthe 28th december for lldays thank you

• James @Thomson says: 10/02/2014 at 05:49

Hi Dianne, I’m sure you’re excited about booking your ideal holiday to Egypt in December. You’ll need to check our website for our latest prices, and this will also give you any free child places that are available. Our free child places are limited, so they may not be available on all holidays. You can check them out here – http://www.thomson.co.uk.

5. Lucinda says: 19/01/2014 at 18:46

I was looking to book the Bonaire for 2 weeks during the summer – I have been going the past few years and love the hotel and the area. However I cannot find any weeks with self catering – are you not offering self catering in the summer month? So disappointed!

• Adam @Thomson says: 20/01/2014 at 06:34

Hi Lucinda, Unfortunately the Bonaire is available with Half Board or All Inclusive board basis.

6. Karen says: 18/01/2014 at 22:13

Will you be flying from bristol to Mexico in August.

• Amanda @Thomson says: 18/01/2014 at 22:32

Hi Karen, I’m sorry to advise that we won’t be flying from Bristol to Mexico this summer. I’m sorry for any disappointment this may leave you with.

7. Karen says: 18/01/2014 at 22:10

Will you be flying to Mexico from bristol in August .

8. Eric says: 14/01/2014 at 19:11

Why all special offers from London . We do have airports up north. So let’s see more offers up here.

• Christina @Thomson says: 15/01/2014 at 04:43

Hi Eric, Thanks for your feedback. We do try and offer a range of holiday deals from airports around the country, but we appreciate your feedback.

9. Paul Mc says: 11/01/2014 at 22:34

Hi just looked to book Cuba in July , are you releasing holiday latter or have you pulled out of there in the summer ???

• Sammi @Thomson says: 13/01/2014 at 14:25

Hi Paul, We took the decision to remove Cuba from our mainstream programme for Summer ’14, however you can still find it available to book on our sister company Thomson Worldwide – http://www.thomsonworldwide.com.

10. betty smith says: 08/01/2014 at 10:08

Hi Booked to go to Cyprus IN may 2014 staying at the Atlantica paphian sun .why is it not on your web site anymore.

• Jonathan S @ Thomson says: 10/01/2014 at 09:29

Hi Betty, Unfortunately we’re no longer featuring the Atlantica Paphian Sun as part of our holiday programme. If you’ve got a booking with us, you’ll be contacted soon with the options available to you. I’m sorry for any disappointment this may cause.

• betty smith says: 17/01/2014 at 16:09

hi can you give me a idea how long it will be when I will be contacted .thanks

• Adam @Thomson says: 20/01/2014 at 05:38

Hi Betty, Once the team have looked into alternatives they will be in contact. Unfortunately this process can take a number of days however I can assure you if a change is due on a booking the team will contact those affected directly as soon as possible.

• paul says: 13/02/2014 at 19:39

hi ,
      we have booked the same hotel in july and I just wondered how you have got on , and what options were made available to you . last thing I want is having to rearrange our plans at the last minute . I was told if I wanted to change my booking now it would cost me £50 per person ( £200) plus any additional cost regarding accommodation .
      thanks , paul .

• betty smith says: 14/02/2014 at 14:42

Hi still waiting to hear from them.betty

11. j Clark says: 17/12/2013 at 15:54

Why have Thompson stopped the Bristol to Sandford Florida flight? Are there any plans to reintroduce this service?

• Amanda @Thomson says: 17/12/2013 at 17:43

Hi, We regularly review our flight routes so we can make sure we’re giving our customers a range of options and services. Sometimes we remove certain routes from our flying programme and I’m sorry you’re disappointed with this decision. We don’t have any plans at the minute to re-introduce the Bristol to Florida route. But, if this changes in the future, the details of this flight will be shown on our website.

12. Barbara banks says: 21/11/2013 at 16:45

The Best Hotel in Cambrils is no longer shown on your website, have you stopped taking bookings for this hotel?

• Stefan @Thomson says: 22/11/2013 at 05:19

Hi Barbara, What dates are you looking at and also what airport are you looking at flying from, so I can investigate into this for you?

13. Kay Pee says: 29/10/2013 at 16:17

Why are all the small hotels in Halkidiki that have been popular for years being dropped by Thomsons? Eventaully there will be no holidays available there which is a great shame for such a lovely location

• Samantha @Thomson says: 30/10/2013 at 02:15

Hi Kay, We regularly review the hotels we offer so we can make sure we’re giving our customers a range of options. Sometimes we remove hotels, and I’m sorry you’re disappointed by this. I’ll be sure to pass your feedback on.

14. David says: 28/10/2013 at 19:39

Why have you changed day flights to Rhodes from Doncaster/Sheffield airport and replaced them with awful night flights. Not a very smart move.

• Samantha @Thomson says: 29/10/2013 at 02:48

Hi David, Because our flights are planned so far in advance, we occasionally have to make changes to them. I’m sorry for any disappointment caused and I’ll be sure to pass your comments on to our Flight Team.

15. Janice says: 25/10/2013 at 21:10

Wanted to go to Cuba, why are you not doing it next summer?

• Elaine @Thomson says: 25/10/2013 at 23:29

I’ve answered your previous post Janice.

16. sue says: 18/10/2013 at 09:40

I am looking for a holiday on site in Disney florida which includes a family room 4 my son & his daughters 15yrs and 10yrs plus a room for my husband and I. free meals ride tickets plus transport not a car in 2014 – july 24th ish for 10 or 14 days

• Lauren K @Thomson says: 19/10/2013 at 01:35

Hi Sue, You’ll find all our availability and pricing on our website here – http://www.thomson.co.uk.

17. stuey says: 16/10/2013 at 18:56

looking for a holiday in july for me and the other half both love drink music activities… any recommadations? muchly appreciated cheers.

18. Denise says: 15/10/2013 at 16:28

I am trying to book 14 nights all inclusive to Turkey for next Easter and as I work in a school am restricted to certain dates. There do not seem to be any flights going from Birmingham on Saturday 12th April (only flight from there is Tuesday which is of no use to man nor beast). Will these flights be released or are we destined to go elsewhere or stay at home?
    Very disgruntled Thomson customer of many years.

• Stefan @Thomson says: 16/10/2013 at 04:16

Hi Denise you can contact our Sales Team on 0871 231 4691 (Thomson) or 0871 200 7799 (First Choice) or visit your local travel shop where we’ll be able to look fully into this as trying to do this over the blog will be difficult.

19. Hattan says: 11/10/2013 at 13:16

Hi, i am planning for a crazy vacation will took place on July 2014, we are a group of 3 friends and have no problems at all with budgeting, but we dont know where to go?
    i have couple of idea: Ibiza, Cancun, Mykonos.
    could please recommend us one , that will suite 3 guys in terms of clubbing and nightlife and good beaches?

Thanks,

• Leanne @Thomson says: 12/10/2013 at 00:47

Hi Hattan, All of the above are fantastic destinations for a lively holiday. I don’t think you could go wrong with Cancun. I haven’t been personally, but I know many people who have and have had an amazing time.

Here’s the Grand Oasis Cancun- http://bit.ly/1cFBRXR, as an example of the types of hotels we offer. The Grand Oasis is on the beach, and in the hotel zone which is where the bars, clubs and shops are situated. They also have their own beach club, and nightclub as well as a huge range of others bars. There’s a never ending list of places to eat, a spa, water sports, 9 hole golf course and a choice of some luxurious room upgrades.

We also offer excursions such as, swimming with dolphins, sea fishing, adventure/sight seeing tours, boat trips, and nightclub passes – http://bit.ly/XJogl2.

20. John Jones says: 11/10/2013 at 12:18

are there any free child places to mexico 2014 July

21. Susan Lee says: 07/10/2013 at 19:09

Hi, can you recommend a quiet Greek Island holiday for summer 2014 that will give me a free child place. We fly from Manchester, would like 2 weeks (any accommodation considered but would prefer self catering) and prefer a quiet resort. Thanks

• James @Thomson says: 08/10/2013 at 02:58

We’ve always got some idea’s for our customer’s holidays so we thought this one might serve you well. Take a look at Rhodes in Greece here – http://www.thomson.co.uk/destinations/europe/greece/rhodes/holidays-rhodes.html. It’s certainly a beautiful little island and has a lot to offer for everyone. Unfortunately we’re unable to advise on free child places as we’re unsure as to which holidays they are loaded onto.

22. Dawn says: 06/10/2013 at 16:12

Hi looking for inspiration on where to go next year…was thinking of doing the las Vegas, San Francisco, Hawaii and new York maybe not in that order.where do I look at booking multi centre holidays . Was looking at going September when o flights get reseed for these dates and how much about is the verge price for this holiday . Anyone done this tips and advice welcome…thanks

• James @Thomson says: 07/10/2013 at 03:29

They are some exciting places Dawn! You’ll need to visit our Thomson Worldwide brand here – http://www.thomsonworldwide.com/. You’ll be able to take a look into creating your very own package to visit all of those amazing American Cities.

23. Gayle Stephen says: 17/09/2013 at 08:44

Due to the government’s amendments to the 2006 Education Regulations Act which now prevents family holidays for schoolchildren during term time, will your prices for any holidays taken during school holidays become the same as in the summer or will you always charge cheaper prices for, say Easter, school half terms, May Whit holiday etc etc. Although we are already going in the October half-term , I’m hoping we can go abroad again next year but I don’t want to risk getting into trouble with my local Education Authority. Any advice/suggestions, including best time to book holidays during school holidays at the best value for money would be extremely helpful & appreciated. Thank you

• Dan @Thomson says: 18/09/2013 at 02:51

Hi Gayle, Our prices are flexible and dates can reflect different costs we incur throughout the season.

24. fh says: 16/09/2013 at 18:07

Hi can you tell me if you have stopped the 10 and 11 night stay option at Aparthotel Esmeraldas in tossa de mar? trying to look in to booking for next year and we stayed 11 nights with thomson this year but its not giving me that option this time – can you help?

• Dan @Thomson says: 17/09/2013 at 03:28

Hi, Having had a look at this we do offer the Esmeraldas Apartments for 10 and 11 nights. However we don’t have any availability for these durations on a number of dates. The holidays for next year have been on sale since April this year.

25. Alison says: 08/09/2013 at 13:33

Why have Thomson stopped flying to Florida from Bristol????? What a nightmare! Will not travel to Gatwick from South Wales and Birmingham is still well over 2 hours travelling.

We don’t all live near the huge airports.

Please bring back the flights, the 767′s were fine, not bothered about the new bigger ‘plane!!!

• Lauren K @Thomson says: 09/09/2013 at 00:53

Hi Alison, I’m sorry to hear you feel this way. I’ll be sure to pass your feedback over to the relevant team.

26. Anna says: 06/09/2013 at 18:12

Hi when will flights to Skiathos in July/August 2014 be available to book?

• Lauren K @Thomson says: 07/09/2013 at 00:54

Hi Anna, Flights should be available to book now for Summer 2014 flights. Was there a specific date or airport you were looking for?

• Anna says: 08/09/2013 at 16:25

Hi Lauren

We were looking at Manchester for 3 weeks from 30th July (or around that time) but no flights are showing as available?

Anna

• Lauren K @Thomson says: 09/09/2013 at 00:40

Hi Anna, When booking longer duration holidays or flights, you’re sometimes not able to find this online. I’d recommend visiting your local store or giving our Sales Team a call on 08712302555 for further information.

27. andrew says: 03/09/2013 at 16:31

hI, IS IT POSSIBLE TO BOOK HOLIDAYS TO RIO IN 2014?

THANKS

a

• Leanne @Thomson says: 04/09/2013 at 03:48

Hi Andrew, Do you mean Rio de Janeiro?

28. Lyndsey says: 24/08/2013 at 12:49

How often do the prices get up dated? I found a holiday that increased by over £1,500 after proceeding to next page???

Saturday 14th of June from Newcaste to Rhodes.. It does have a free child place and the price quoted is £434.00 per adult and if I proceed the price increases to £2,430??
    My hubby called and was quoted less than £1600?
    So where is the correct price and the cheapest place to book?

• Lisa-Marie @Thomson says: 26/08/2013 at 03:11

Hi Lyndsey, Our prices can go up and down all the time depending on many factors like availability and how well the holiday is selling.

29. Jackie says: 13/08/2013 at 14:15

I live in spain can you send out your new editon 2014 for florida

• Lauren K @Thomson says: 14/08/2013 at 02:49

Hi Jackie, We’re unable to send out brochures but you can find our latest pricing and availability on our website here – http://www.thomson.co.uk.

30. Pinkeski says: 05/08/2013 at 10:46

My son will be 15 next year, which resorts/hotels etc do child places 16 and under. I am currently having to search each country and resort at the moment which is taking some time…. Thanks

• Samantha @Thomson says: 06/08/2013 at 00:51

Hi Pinkeski, Most of our self catering properties offer child prices up to the age of 16. However, if you’re looking for a hotel that offers a board basis more than self catering, the child age is 12 and under.

31. Tracy Peppiatt says: 29/07/2013 at 10:07

Good Morning,
    I would like to book holiday for two adults around the 9th August 2014 Destination Playa del carmen Mexico, hotel preference Iberostar Tucan/Quetzal. Fly from Any London Airport upgrade seats. Please find me best price. Kind Regards Tracy Peppiatt

• James @Thomson says: 30/07/2013 at 01:57

Hi Tracy, Thanks for your post. Unfortunately we’re unable to book a holiday for you from our Thomson Blog, You’ll need to visit our online website at http://www.thomson.co.uk or alternatively visit your local store.

32. sue says: 20/07/2013 at 10:57

i am trying to price up a holiday to cuba for july or aug 2014 from manchester but nothing is coming up.

• Lauren K @Thomson says: 21/07/2013 at 00:02

Hi Sue, From Summer 2014 we will no longer be offering holidays to Cuba.

• Janice says: 25/10/2013 at 21:09

Why? We were all decided on going next year!

• Elaine @Thomson says: 25/10/2013 at 23:29

Hi Janice, I’m sorry to hear that you’re unhappy that we won’t be offering Cuba as a destination from summer 2014. As business decision was made to remove this from our programme. However we’ve introduced some great new destinations – Mauritius and Mexico South Pacific. Further details on these can be found on our website.

• Linda Hough says: 20/12/2013 at 18:44

Thomas Cook will still be going to Cuba, so with all the years I have travelled with First Choice/Thomsons I will be going to Cuba with Thomas Cook………so sad :(

33. malcolm staples says: 13/07/2013 at 06:47

looking for an all inclusive holiday for july 2014 for 14adults and 2 children e.g. 1 family room [4] and 6 twin/doubles in costa del sol but cant find how to make booking. any midland airport will be fine could you please let me know what you have to offer, thanks

• Dan @Thomson says: 14/07/2013 at 03:51

Hi Malcolm, We can’t give quotes through the blog, but if you check out our website then you’ll find the latest prices and availability. Alternatively you can pop in store or give our Sales Team a call on 0844 871 0878.

34. Sandeep.t says: 12/07/2013 at 05:40

I like travel all over world

35. Jen says: 10/07/2013 at 12:05

When are the flights released for July 2014? My patents have booked their package holiday to Cyprus so I know the dates, however, I am unable to find flights for these dates. When will I be able to do so? Thanks

• Lauren @Thomson says: 11/07/2013 at 00:23

Hi Jen, Our holidays and flights for summer 2014 are now all released. Where is it you’re looking to fly from?