Thomson Airways Introduces New Extra Legroom Seats

We’re introducing extra legroom on board our 757 aircraft – and it won’t cost an arm and a leg…

Your holiday shouldn’t just start when you get to your hotel, it should begin the minute you step on board the plane. We get that. That’s why we’re introducing the option of extra legroom seats on our 757 aircraft this summer. More room to stretch out equals a happier you. Simples.

So, how much more legroom are we talking? Well, from the 1st of May you can get between 33 and 34 inches of the stuff (84 centimetres, for all you metric fans) when you fly short or mid-haul. We’ve introduced this new offering on board our 757s by removing existing seating and replacing it with the new extra legroom seats.

Up until now on short and mid-haul, the only seats with extra room on our planes have been located by the exits, where children and customers who aren’t fully abled weren’t able to sit. However, our new extra legroom seats are available for everyone – children included. So they’re ideal for families who want to collectively kick back en route to resort.

What’s more, when you book these seats you’ll get the added bonus of access to Thomson’s Select Your Seat service – which lets you choose your seat numbers in advance – at no further charge.

Carl Gissing, Director of Customer Service for Thomson Airways, reveals: “We are continually looking at new ways to improve our inflight products and service to ensure customers begin their holidays as relaxed as possible. Our new extra legroom seats are great for families and couples, offering 33 or 34 inches of leg room. At Thomson we want to ensure everything we do is tailored towards our customers’ needs, and our new extra legroom offering is another example of how we are doing this.

Thomson’s extra legroom seats cost from £35 per person for a return flight and are available to book from the 27th of March. You’ll have more room than you can shake a leg at. Ah, those leg puns never get old…

Tell us, is extra legroom on your inflight wish-list?

About the author

El Berwick
El Berwick is an events planner turned travel blogger. Her idea of a perfect holiday would be a few days visiting her favourite spots in NYC, followed by a road trip up the New England coast staying at quaint B&Bs, and ending up on the beaches of Nantucket. Failing that, she’d be happy with a long weekend watching the world sail by in Salcombe, Devon. Connect with El on Google +

1,180 replies to "“Thomson Airways Introduces New Extra Legroom Seats”"

1. Nicky Watkins says: 21/04/2014 at 19:24

Hi Can you tell me please what size plane you will be using to fly to Paphos on Saturday 26th April, im hoping its not too small as its a 5 hour flight.

many thanks Nicky

• Dan @Thomson says: 22/04/2014 at 05:13

Hi Nicky, Our short and midhaul flights are usually operated by our Boeing 737 and 757 planes, which are in a 3-3 configuration and have 28-30 inch seat pitch. But if you let us know your reference number we’ll be able to confirm which aircraft you’re on.

2. Peter says: 21/04/2014 at 15:27

There are 10 (4 adults & 6 children) of us booked to Antalya on 28th Aug.
    We have booked extra leg room seats – are we guaranteed to sit together?

If not, how can I make this happen?

• Dan @Thomson says: 22/04/2014 at 06:52

Hi Peter, Due to the limited amount of Extra Legroom seats we’re unable to guarantee seats together, however you can select your seats 90 days before your return flight through our Flight Extras website.

3. Julie says: 20/04/2014 at 15:02

We are due to fly to Bodrum on 14th July 14, returning 21st July 14 and have paid to select our seats. Is the 90 days from outbound or return flight please?

• Dan @Thomson says: 21/04/2014 at 04:59

Hi Julie, You can select your seat numbers 90 days before your return flight, so you should be able to log in and do this from tomorrow.

• Julie says: 22/04/2014 at 04:47

The seat plan is open and I am confused as all that is available to select is row 3 4 & 5 D E & F when all the comments below say that the extra leg room spaces are rows 8-11. I want to be sure we are not by an emergency exit as we have an 8 year old and know that won’t be permitted.

• Dan @Thomson says: 22/04/2014 at 05:05

Hi Julie, You’ll be flying on one of our Boeing 737 planes where Extra Legroom seats are located on rows 3, 4 and 5. Our Flight Extras website will only allow you to select seat numbers in the seating option you’ve chosen.

4. Kath says: 20/04/2014 at 09:19

We re flying to larnaca on6/07/2014 and are thinking of booking extra legroom seats but don’t want to be seated separately could you please advise if there is any availability for the 2 of us to be seated together, thank you.
    The flight number is Tom 6764

• Sammi @Thomson says: 20/04/2014 at 13:06

Hi Kath, If you provide me with your booking reference number, I’ll be happy to check this for you.

• Kath says: 20/04/2014 at 13:13

Booking ref no

• Dan @Thomson says: 21/04/2014 at 04:30

Hi Kath, We do have Extra Legroom seats available to book and also there are still seats together available. As you’ve hit the 90 day before your return flight mark today you’ll be able to select your seat numbers straight away if you choose to add these on.

5. Mrs Ahmed says: 20/04/2014 at 04:48

Hi! Am kenyan citizen holding a kenyan passport leaving with my german husband in uk. Having attained permanent resident card at the moment. ..can I travel with thopmson airways to and from kenya to uk?

• Dan @Thomson says: 21/04/2014 at 04:22

Hi Mrs Ahmed, Unfortunately due to our airline licensing rules you wouldn’t be able to fly with us to Kenya. Other airlines, especially scheduled, will have different rules and allow you to travel. Sorry for any disappointment.

6. Peter says: 19/04/2014 at 14:12

I have booked extra leg room seats for our flight from Manchester to Skiathos 4th July 2014 We flew with Thomson last year and I assumed these would be the same type of seats. When I have tried to allocate our seats today it only allows us to book rows 8-11. We wanted to book row 12 as these are by the bulkheads but it will not allow it. I have spoken with your call centre and they said I cannot change them. On our flight out row 12 is booked but on the return it is available. Why can I not reserve these seats on our return, I have paid extra of the extra leg room when the extra space would have been fine for us, I do not require a refund to book the extra space seats for our return flight. Please advise

• Dan @Thomson says: 20/04/2014 at 01:56

Hi Peter, We offer two seat upgrades on our short and midhaul flights, Extra Legroom which offer at least 33 inches of legroom. These aren’t located at a bulkhead or exit door so anyone can book and sit in these seats. Our other option is Extra Space seats, these don’t have a guaranteed seat pitch as they’re at a bulkhead or an exit row. They’re subject to CAA requirements as passengers will need to assist in an emergency. It looks like you’ve booked Extra Legroom seats, which will offer seats in rows 8-11 on our Boeing 757′s. Unfortunately we’re unable to mix different seating options so you’re unable to book an Extra Legroom seat for your outbound flight and an Extra Space seat for your inbound flight. We’re able to select your seats in the Extra Legroom area for both your flights if you pop your reference to us at cares@thomson.co.uk.

7. Adele Bilson says: 19/04/2014 at 01:01

I booked extra legroom seats for a flight from Doncaster to Malaga. When I have gone onto select your seat today I only have a choice of 3 rows (3,4&5) and only on one side of plane. This seems to go against everything written on these type of seats ie rows 8,9&10. Please advise.

• Lisa-Marie @Thomson says: 19/04/2014 at 05:22

Hi Adele, We not offer 2 type4s of extra legroom/space seats. The extra space seats are by the emergency exit, whereas the extra legroom seats are further forward. It sounds like you’ve booked the extra leg room seats. Are you happy with these or would you rather sit by the emergency exit?

8. Linda Clark says: 17/04/2014 at 16:59

I’ve booked a holiday as a surprise for my husband to Spain in June, thought I was flying with Thomson but I now know its with Norwegian Airlines, unable to book seats with Thomson and having spoken to Norwegian Airlines they advise me that Thomson’s book certain ‘charter ‘flights using their aircraft, it is a Thomson Holiday booking. Therefore they are unable to book seats. Husband not pleased with me, as he likes to have seat booked prior to going to airport, as I am a bit of a nervous flyer and do not like to think we will not get seats next to each other. I will very careful next time I book through Thomson’s.

• Lisa-Marie @Thomson says: 18/04/2014 at 04:38

Hi Linda, I’d advise you speak to our Customer Welfare Team on 0844 871 0879 to see what they can do for you.

9. Z Spencer says: 16/04/2014 at 20:35

We have booked our honeymoon to Mexico, flying out on 2nd July 2014 for 11 nights. We paid the Select a Seat option (both ways) and 2 days ago paid £130 for Extra Legroom seats (both ways). When we go online to selects our seats it says they are Extra Space seats. Why would it say this when we requested Extra Legroom? We can also only select extra legroom seats for the flight out, though when we do it states we’re selecting the wrong group of seats, yet, they are the only ones we can select that are not greyed out?!

When we go to select the seats for the flight home it will only allow us to select normal seats!? We would really like to know if we should confirm our seats for the flight out while we can too? We are really concerned and confused that something is not right with our booking. Please can you help? Thank you.

• Lisa-Marie @Thomson says: 17/04/2014 at 06:10

Hi Zoeisha, Are you able to provide me with your booking reference so I can look into this?

10. sue says: 12/04/2014 at 18:09

Please advise if any seats are more suitable for recent shoulder surgery(8 weeks post surgery when I fly) Would extra space seats be suitable. I will not be in a sling or cast

• Christina @Thomson says: 13/04/2014 at 05:41

Hi Sue, If you pop your booking reference and query over in an email to cares@thomson.co.uk, then we’ll be able to check on the availability of extra space or legroom seats for your flight.

• sue says: 13/04/2014 at 08:43

Many thanks. Will do

11. Susan says: 12/04/2014 at 07:41

I booked extra legroom seats after Thomson phoned to ask if we would like to take up this great offer only £40 return per passenger, I fell for it and booked it. I received an email at 5 pm a week or so later saying you can book your extra legroom seats now, I logged on only to find that my family couldn’t sit together as only a few extra leg room seats where available and some and already been booked, we were left with two sets of seats separated from our family and next to the toilets, these seats are the least desirable on any flight and we have now paid for the privilege of sitting apart from our family, next to the toilets. I feel I have been scammed! I am extremely disappointed but Thomson say there is nothing that can do, maybe they could pre- warn you when they are doing the big sell that there is every likelihood your kids and you will be separated during the flight. If I cancel I get no refund, if I stick with the seats we are separated, a lose lose situation.
    Flying to Orlando from Manchester on 24 June 2014 Tom122, return 8 July Tom123

• Christina @Thomson says: 13/04/2014 at 07:47

Hi Susan, Thanks for your post, and sorry to read that you feel you’ve been cheated. When you book extra legroom seats, we can only guarantee the additional seat pitch that the option offers. While Select Your Seat is offered as an additional perk of this, we cannot guarantee passengers will receive their desired seating configuration. I’m sorry you’re disappointed with this, but I’ll pass your feedback onto our Flight Extras team with regards to potentially giving a pre-warning before booking.

12. Kelly says: 10/04/2014 at 17:28

Having read the description on the new extra leg room seats I’m beginning to regret booking them as I feel this is complete false advertising. Had I known that these seats were no different to the extra space seats near an exit which I booked for the last flight I went on I would not have paid extra money for extra leg room seats. As the price is more than extra space we assumed that you would get a wider seat aswel as extra leg space. This should be the same piece as the others, I have booked my holidays with Thomson for the last 8 years, come on Thomson you will loose loyal customers by doing rip offs like this!

13. Alex says: 10/04/2014 at 08:16

Travelled with Thomson all my life, been going to Ibiza from gatwick for 20 years, if I book with Thomson, I expect to fly with Thomson, not a Norwegian Airline. You just lost my custom unless you can guarantee otherwise. Sick to death of budget airlines as I consider the flight as much a part of the holiday as the rest.

• Jonathan S @ Thomson says: 11/04/2014 at 02:18

Hi Alex, I’m disappointed to hear you feel this way. From time to time we use third party airlines such as Norwegian so we can offer a wide range of flights, destinations and UK departure airports to our customers. I’m sorry for inconvenience this may cause.

14. Maria says: 08/04/2014 at 09:14

I have booked and paid for 2 x extra legroom seats on our flight to Tenerife next week. I wanted to select my seat, but the facility wasn’t available at the time of the online booking, that is why I selected the extra legroom service (I’m a bit claustrophobic and preferred aisle sit when possible). Then, I realized that there was ‘extra space’ seats… Could you clarify to me what is the difference between extra legroom and extra space?. Thanks!

• Leanne @Thomson says: 09/04/2014 at 02:21

Hi Maria, Extra space seating is on an exit row, meaning that only able bodied adults can sit in these rows, because they need to be able to operate the emergency doors. Extra legroom seats don’t have restrictions on them and so can seat families with children, and others that may not be able to sit in extra space seating.

• Maria says: 09/04/2014 at 07:43

Thanks for the info!, Now I understand :-) Could I ask what kind of entertainment there is in this flight (as it a 4 hr 50 mins flight) if any. I mean, monitors on seats, etc.
        We are two flying and our booking reference is (Flight to Tenerife on 15th of April TOM2294, return 22nd TOM2295).

Thanks :-)
        Maria

• Leanne @Thomson says: 10/04/2014 at 03:26

Hi Maria, As flights to Tenerife are classed as short haul flights, we don’t provide in-flight entertainment. However you’re welcome to take a tablet, e-reader, MP3 player, or some books/magazines.

• peter rhodes says: 10/04/2014 at 10:32

hi there we fly to sharm on may 16th from manchester we have pe-booked our seats row 6 i think its a 757-200 we are on i am wanting to find out which plane it is our flight no is tom 772 and tom 773 cant find that anywhere any info please hope its in new livery lol

• Jonathan S @ Thomson says: 11/04/2014 at 02:44

Hi Peter, I’m unable to provide with the exact aircraft model as this isn’t confirmed until your day of departure. I’m sorry for any disappointment this may cause.

15. Marilyn says: 07/04/2014 at 12:35

Hi, I have booked and paid for 2 x extra legroom seats on our flight to Bodrum (TOM428) on 23rd June, as I have booked our holiday through James Villas will I be able to select our seats please? It is 90 days to our return date today. Many thanks

• Leanne @Thomson says: 08/04/2014 at 03:39

Hi Marilyn, You should have a flight booking reference that you can use to login to our flight extras page, you will need to login here – https://flightextras.thomson.co.uk/, to select your seats and provide your API.

16. lisa says: 06/04/2014 at 21:26

I have booked extra space seats for flight tom 6634 cwl-palma 28/06/14 returning 12/07/2014. What date can I select my seats and can you tell me what aircraft you’ll be using and do you board families first? many thanks

• Natasha @Thomson says: 07/04/2014 at 05:34

You should you be able to select your seats 90 days before your return date, you can do that here, https://flightextras.thomson.co.uk, in order to check the aircraft we’d need your booking reference, if you could advise us of that, we can have a look for you.

• Lisa says: 07/04/2014 at 21:47

Booking ref is ******* -also what rows are the extra legroom seats

• Leanne @Thomson says: 08/04/2014 at 00:14

Hi Lisa, The aircraft you’ll be travelling on is a 767.

17. Bill Wait says: 04/04/2014 at 10:29

Hello!
    I recently used Monarch to fly to Tenerife and booked their “Extra legroom seats” which were the most uncomfortable seats I have ever experienced, with no recline, a shorter squab and very hard with very little padding.
    Do you know if your new seats have recline etc! as I am booking these seats to go to Majorca in early October.

• Natasha @Thomson says: 07/04/2014 at 05:04

Hi Bill, you can have a look here, http://bit.ly/1iie6mc, for some more information on our Extra Legroom Seats.

• Bill Wait says: 07/04/2014 at 15:24

I have seen this article but it does not answer my question ” do your extra legroom seats have a recline option”

• Leanne @Thomson says: 08/04/2014 at 05:37

Hi Bill, Our extra legroom seats do generally have a recline.

18. June Hind says: 03/04/2014 at 17:58

after reading all the reviews on here I’ve decided to change my seating to the extra space rather extra leg room even though it cost me £20 extra even though they were £20 cheaper as well these are the seats we normally book, so fingers cross nothing has changed with these.

19. christy fagan says: 03/04/2014 at 16:43

Hi we are flying to Egypt from Newcastle on 19th august, can you tell me what aircraft it will be please.
    Christy

• Adam @Thomson says: 04/04/2014 at 06:20

Hi Christy, Can you please send your question and booking details to cares@thomson.co.uk and we’ll look into this for you.

20. Susan says: 03/04/2014 at 15:18

Hi I am flying on the 24/6/14 to Orlando from Manchester, can you tell me what plane will be used for this route. I have been informed that the flight is TOM122 outbound at 10.30am and TOM123 for the return flight leaving orlando at 16.50. There are 4 of us and we have booked extra leg room, just concerned that we can all get seats together after reading some of the comments.

• Natasha @Thomson says: 06/04/2014 at 06:11

Hi, Susan I’d need your booking reference number to see what aircraft your flight is scheduled to be using, if you could get back to me with it I’d be happy to look into this for you.

21. Karl Keogh says: 02/04/2014 at 13:45

HI

I am flying out on the 20.03.14 aboard flight TOM540, could you tell me which plane you use for this route i am hoping its not your old 757-200 i was hoping it will be your new 737-800?

Karl

• Christina @Thomson says: 03/04/2014 at 06:43

Hi Karl, Could you please re-confirm the date for me on this one? As the date you’ve given has already passed, and I’d like to provide you with the correct information.

22. James says: 02/04/2014 at 11:09

I am flying to Lanzarote in August and am looking at the extra leg room seats. How much bigger are they then normal seats and will I definitely be able to get myself and my family to sit together as I have 2 young children.

Many thanks

• Elaine @Thomson says: 05/04/2014 at 16:25

Hi James, As we won’t know the aircraft type yet we won’t be able to advise you on the seat pitch. With extra leg room seats, we can’t guarantee seats together, but the seating plan opens 90 days before your return flight, so you can then select your seat numbers. If you’ve got any further questions please let me know.

23. Christina mills says: 02/04/2014 at 06:48

Hi I travel to Jamaica on 4th April I have selected extra legroom seats do I need to print the seat numbers off and can you confirm I have them booked my ref number is thanks

• Adam @Thomson says: 04/04/2014 at 05:51

Hi Christina, If you visit https://flightextras.thomson.co.uk/ and you’ve booked your legroom seats you can access the select a seat panel to choose which seats you’d like.

24. ARHTUR says: 02/04/2014 at 03:12

Have flown with thompson 2 and 3 times a year for 20 yrs now haveing trouble booking extra legroom seats is this because of my age ?/89 ?

• Adam @Thomson says: 04/04/2014 at 05:46

Hi Arthur, Can you please provide your reference number and personal details to cares@thomson.co.uk and we’ll take a look for you.

25. June Hind says: 01/04/2014 at 20:58

HI there I’ve been reading about the new extra leg room seats, please can you tell me if these are new seats I’m only asking as I travelled last year to cyprus and the extra leg room seats were very uncomfortable, the padding was almost non existent. Are the extra space seats the old leg room seats?

Many thanks June

• Adam @Thomson says: 04/04/2014 at 05:43

Hi June, The Extra space seats were previously known as the Legroom seats. The seats in the Legroom section have been spaced out to allow more legroom.

26. susan says: 31/03/2014 at 15:48

I am looking to travel to Kos from Bristol 2/09/2014–9/09/2014, booking extra legroom seats. Can you give me the date on which I can select my seats on Thomson “Manage my Booking” site? Thank You.

• Elaine @Thomson says: 01/04/2014 at 00:45

Hi Susan, you’ll be able to select your seat numbers 90 days before your return flight, so this would be on 11 June 2014. If you’ve got any further questions please let me know.

27. STEVIE DEE says: 30/03/2014 at 09:34

We are flying to Tenerife for my 60th birthday on the 20th of June and have booked the new extra legroom seats as a treat. What happens if the aircraft is not the type advertised when booking and how is it decided who gets what seats they ordered and paid for and who does not?

• Elaine @Thomson says: 31/03/2014 at 00:14

Hi Stevie, When you select your seats these are saved. If you do have a change to your aircraft and the seats that you’d chosen weren’t available you#’d be contacted and advised of this. If this should happen, the Seating Team would be able to explain the process. If you’ve got any further questions please let me know and I hope that you have a lovely birthday in Tenerife.

28. Jane Barthrop says: 30/03/2014 at 07:53

We have booked extra space seats for booking reference to Corfu in June.
    Can you tell me if you get more space here than extra legroom seats ?
    Jane Barthrop

• Elaine @Thomson says: 31/03/2014 at 04:55

Hi Jane, The seats that you’ve chosen are by the emergency exit doors and don’t have any seats directly in front of them, so have plenty of extra space. The extra leg room seats are situated in rows 8, 10 and 11 and still have extra room, but do have seats in front of them. If you’ve got any further questions please let me know and I hope that you have a lovely holiday.

29. Richard Cox says: 29/03/2014 at 18:37

My first and only time with Thomson! I booked return flights from London Gatwick to Santa Cruz La Palma last June to fly in April/May this year. According to the website I was able to book extra-legroom seats and select my seats. I paid the extra, but was then told I could not select seats until 90 days before the flight. I duly waited and selected seats for the outward leg 90 days before departure. However when I tried to book seats for the return, I found out that Thomson would no longer be flying me home but Norwegian Airlines and that it was not only not possible to select seats, it was impossible to get extra-legroom seats. After hours on the phone, numerous e-mails and hours at a Thomson Shop, I find that Thomson are unwilling to do anything. They will not let me have the alpha-numeric code that Norwegian Airlines require. (They have been extremely helpful and willing to let me chose seats with the code.) It seems that Thomsom will only request a certain number of seats on the return flight when they know their numbers. (Let’s hope there are some free – they are still selling them.)Thomson do not request extra-legroom seats from other airlines either. I have also found out that the price of my flight has gone down from £473 to £317, but I cannot cancel the booking and re-book with Norwegian Airlines where I would be allocated extra-legroom seats and I could also select them on booking.
    I believe that as Thomson have not fulfilled their part of my contract, I have every right to a full refund. All I get is “read the small print.” By the way does everyone realise that even if you select your seats, Thomson can change them and that Thomson consider seats in front or behind to be next to each other!

• Elaine @Thomson says: 30/03/2014 at 02:06

Hi Richard, I’m sorry to hear that you’re unhappy with the service that you’ve received from us. Sometimes we may need to make a change to an aircraft, which can affect the seats that customers have booked. This is stated in our terms and conditions. I’m sorry for any disappointment this may cause. With the cost of your holiday, we do have flexible pricing, which means to cost of your holiday can change at any time. If the cost goes down, we wouldn’t be able to give you a refund, but at the same time if the cost was to increase you wouldn’t pay a penny more. If you’ve got any further questions please let me know.

30. colin walters says: 29/03/2014 at 02:58

booking ref on 20/6/14. I usually book row 16 extra leg room seats but it is only allowing me to book rows 3,4,5. why??????

• Elaine @Thomson says: 31/03/2014 at 04:49

Hi colin, I’ve checked this for you and can see that you’ve chosen our new extra leg room seats that are in rows 3, 4 and 5. The seats in row 16 are the extra space seats that are by the emergency exit doors. If you’ve got any further questions please let me know and I hope that you have a lovely holiday.

31. Andrew Baxter says: 29/03/2014 at 00:00

For our 25th wedding anniversary, we booked seats with with extra legroom, hoping for a bit of joint luxury. Within a couple of hours of receivingthe email I tried to book our seats next to each other. Not a chance. We have to sit one behind the other. Having paid £180 for the privelege, we have been robbed! Can we downgrade to extra space seats? And now the website is not working either. Happy days!

• Elaine @Thomson says: 30/03/2014 at 01:46

Hi Andrew, I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been unable to book your seats together. When booking extra legroom and extra space seats, we can’t guarantee that you’ll be sat together. This is only included in pre booked seats. When seats are purchased you’re, they’re non-refundable, so unfortunately you wouldn’t be able to downgrade and get a refund. I’m sorry for any disappointment this may cause. If you’ve got any further questions please let me know.

32. John sambridge says: 28/03/2014 at 19:12

I booked a extra legroom seats back in January for a holiday to Rhodes thinking that I was booking seats by the exit doors. I was not advised that Thompsons were changing the aircraft seating layout and were introducing another category of seating entitled extra space. Had I known this I would have booked extra space as these seats appear to be opposite the aircraft exit doors which on previous flights were my preferred location to seat. I only become aware of this on going to select seats which is disappointing. In addition on my flight extra space seats appear to be £15 cheaper than extra legroom seats

• Elaine @Thomson says: 30/03/2014 at 01:27

Hi John, I’m sorry to hear that you’re unhappy with the seating. Our new extra leg room seats are available for everyone to book, including people with young children. The cost of these seats are a little more than the extra space seats. Once you’ve added seating to your booking, unfortunately they’re non-refundable. I’m sorry for any disappointment this may cause. If you’ve got any further questions please let me know.

• John Sambridge says: 31/03/2014 at 12:39

Elaine
      Having selected seats in extra legroom and on the assumption that seats are availble within the the extra space section ,is possible to cancel seats, in extra legroom,forgo booking fee and rebook in extra space for additional fee.

• Elaine @Thomson says: 01/04/2014 at 00:35

Hi John, If you can please provide your booking reference number I can check this for you.

33. Marie Gilbert says: 28/03/2014 at 09:56

I’m not sure whether you will be able to help me but we have just booked a holiday to Sensatori, Thomson in Tenerife departing 30 May. We are a family of 4 so have booked 3 seats for myself, husband and 5 year old son. My 1 year old son will be sitting on our knees. We are thinking about booking the extra legroom to give us some more space with our baby and I came online to check the reviews for the extra legroom, however, if we couldn’t all sit together i would be absolutely gutted. Either my husband or I sitting in a seat by ourselves with a hyper 1 year old on our knees and not able to pass him back and forth, makes me actually want to cry. Is there (or can I contact Thomson’s) an option of you begin able to check to see whether there are 3 seats with extra legroom together still available before i go ahead and pay for this upgrade? Many thanks, Marie

• Marie Gilbert says: 28/03/2014 at 10:02

Flight No TOM1572

• Elaine @Thomson says: 30/03/2014 at 01:04

Hi Marie, I’ve responded to your previous message.

• Elaine @Thomson says: 30/03/2014 at 01:03

Hi Marie, Unfortunately we’re unable to guarantee seats together in the extra leg room section. But if you can please provide your booking reference number I can check the availability for you.

34. Gill says: 26/03/2014 at 18:20

I booked in advance extra legroom seats for my husband and myself thinking I was paying for seats together as well, I am truly disappointed to discover that a few hours after receiving my email to say I could choose my seats, I find that I only have a choice of sitting in 2 window seats sitting one in front and one behind, we would have swapped to ‘normal’ seating to sit together, but was advised there is a cost to this, I feel paying a premium for my seats wasn’t worth it, I have also booked extra legroom for my 2 sons and my husband and myself in November with First Choice and am dreading that my treat for them will be marred by the thought of sitting apart,

• Christina @Thomson says: 28/03/2014 at 05:02

Hi Gill, Thanks for your post – it’s concerning to hear that you’re worried about your upcoming holidays as a result of upgrading your seating. We are able to take the extra legroom seats off your booking, but the cancellation cost is the same as the cost to upgrade – so unfortunately you won’t receive a refund back on these. Our flight plan does open 90 days before your return date, however – so if you’re concerned about your holiday in November, please let me know your booking reference so I can advise you when you can earliest choose your seats.

• Gill says: 05/04/2014 at 08:15

Thank you for replying, I have been into a local Thomson shop who mentioned Thomson would not box a single person in by the window, however that’s what’s happened to us.. My holiday reference if you wouldn’t mind checking this detail is …….
        My other holiday in November is ……. that’s the one I have booked extra legroom for 4 people, I look forward to your reply

• Natasha @Thomson says: 06/04/2014 at 05:37

Hi Gill, I’ve had a look into this for you and can confirm that both booking have EXtra LEgroom Seats. The booking with 2 passengers has now got seats 6F and 6E on the outbound flight and 4F and 4E on the inbound flight. And on the booking with 4 passengers I have selected seats 3F, 3E, 4F, 4E on both journeys.

• Gill says: 06/04/2014 at 15:56

Thank you so much for the change of our outbound flight seats on June 3rd so that we can sit together, also I’m extremely grateful that our seats are reserved for our family holiday in November, you have made my day !! Many thanks Gill

• Gill says: 06/04/2014 at 16:27

Forgot to ask if row 6 is still extra legroom ? Thanks

• Natasha @Thomson says: 07/04/2014 at 03:08

Hi Gill, I’ve just had a look into that for you and can confirm that the seats on row 6 are not Extra Legroom Seats, and the only Extra Legroom Seats that are available on the outbound flight are 5F and 4F, I’ve re-selected those seats for you. I apologise for any inconvenience

35. kathy plaziuk says: 26/03/2014 at 08:36

Hi, my husband and I have paid £130 for extra legroom seats for our flight to Gran Canaria as he is very tall, we normally sit on row 16 when we fly to the Canary Islands, this time however we find that we can only select seats in rows 3-5 but these are also available to people travelling with young children meaning we could be sat next to a screaming child for the whole journey. Our flight is on 14th June 2014 from Doncaster flight number TOM3688 and return flight TOM3689. Why were we not told at the time of booking that we wouldn’t be able to book the seats in row 16 near the emergency exits. Can you please confirm that these seats are EXTRA LEGROOM please

• Christina @Thomson says: 28/03/2014 at 04:38

Hi Kathy, So I can check on this for you, could you please email your booking reference to cares@thomson.co.uk? Once I have this, I’ll be able to advise on your seating type.