Thomson’s Hat-Trick with Philip Treacy

Philip Treacy, hat-maker to the stars, collaborates with Thomson in an exclusive partnership to mark the opening of the new Sensatori Resort Turkey…

Kate Middleton. Victoria Beckham. Lady Gaga. All phenomenally famous. All have sported a Philip Treacy creation. Philip, arguably the world’s best-known milliner – ‘hat maker’ to you and I – has now teamed up with the biggest celebrity of all. Thomson. Okay, so that might be pushing it… but we do a pretty good rendition of ‘Poker Face’.

This dream collaboration will see Philip designing a limited edition range of sunhats and a bespoke hotel bar to celebrate the opening of the new 5-star Sensatori Resort Turkey, in early summer. We don’t know which part we’re more excited about…

Fashion first. The über-chic sunhat will be available in 6 striking shades… and to complete the collection he has also designed a children’s range which will be available in 3 stylish colours. To whet your appetite, here’s an exclusive peek at Philip’s sketch of the ladies’ sunhat:

Very Sophia Loren.

So, how do you get your hands on one of the limited edition range? Well, from 1st June lucky guests staying at the Sensatori Resort Turkey will be given a hat on arrival (while stocks last) – probably the best gift they’ll ever receive – or, if you’re unable to travel that far in the name of fashion, they will be available to buy in select Thomson superstores across the UK, with all proceeds donated to Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity.

Now on to the interior design. To ensure guests can relax in style during their stay at the new Sensatori resort, Philip has also used his creativity to design a stunning hotel bar. The ‘Butterfly Bar’ takes inspiration from one of Philip’s proudest creations – the famous butterfly hat he designed for Naomi Campbell. It’ll be the perfect setting for a mojito or two.

Here’s what the man himself had to say about the union:

“I’m delighted to have the opportunity to design a limited edition sunhat and bespoke bar at the new 5* Sensatori Resort Turkey. The reflection of the sun on the water creates a light where vibrant colours can truly stand on their own and be appreciated both individually and within the picturesque beauty of the Mediterranean landscape. I wanted my designs to express this vibrancy by combining the beauty with the carefree holiday feeling to add a touch of glamour to the hotel poolside. I wanted the bar to be a place where guests can relax in luxurious surroundings and enjoy the holiday atmosphere.”

Fashion and interiors designed by Philip Treacy, all in one beachfront resort. Sounds like heaven to me.

Find out more about the new Sensatori Resort Turkey which includes 6 à la carte restaurants, specially zoned adults and family areas, and a world-class spa.

About the author

El Berwick
El Berwick is an events planner turned travel blogger. Her idea of a perfect holiday would be a few days visiting her favourite spots in NYC, followed by a road trip up the New England coast staying at quaint B&Bs, and ending up on the beaches of Nantucket. Failing that, she’d be happy with a long weekend watching the world sail by in Salcombe, Devon. Connect with El on Google +

27 replies to "“Thomson’s Hat-Trick with Philip Treacy”"

1. Tine Lund says: 05/06/2013 at 11:31

Hello…DON’t felter my comments…email me instead!!

• Tine Lund says: 05/06/2013 at 11:32

Ment delete…

• Samantha @Thomson says: 07/06/2013 at 00:33

Hi Tine, Is there anything we can help you with?

2. Linda says: 07/05/2013 at 18:51

Do feel this is a very big PR mistake by Thomson. Sensatori Turkey opens on the 2nd of May not 1st June. It sends the message to those of us going in May that Thomson do not consider the hotel to be properly open in May…..

3. Sue H says: 17/04/2013 at 19:10

I’m also very disappointed by the hats not being available to the first very brave guests who will be your ambassadors reporting back to the many followers back home. This could be the tipping point of a good/bad experience. After going to Egypt just after it opened and reading all the very bad reports my husband and I were over the moon with the whole experience. Maybe you can offer those dedicated followers of fashion a discount card for one of those wonderful hats.

• Dan @Thomson says: 20/04/2013 at 16:21

Hi Sue, I’m sorry to hear you’re disappointed, unfortunately the Philip Treacy hats will only be available to a limited number of guests arriving from June.

4. Nikki Moody says: 11/04/2013 at 13:42

Very disappointed to hear the hats won’t be ready for the first influx of guests arriving at the beginning of May! Why is this?

• Dan @Thomson says: 13/04/2013 at 05:38

Hi Nikki, We’ll be giving out hats from the 1st June, I’m sorry for the disappointment this has caused.

5. Lillian Paterson says: 05/04/2013 at 20:53

Do you think the sun hats will still be available in July. My husband and I have booked the hotel to celebrate our 40th Wedding Anniversary and my belated 60th birthday. This will be our first beach holiday after cruising with Thomsons for the past 8 summers and are looking forward to a chilling out by the pool and beach.

• Lauren K @Thomson says: 06/04/2013 at 02:50

Hi Lillian, The hats are available in the hotel but there will be a limit to this amount. You do have the option of purchasing a hat in select Thomson superstores across the UK, with all proceeds donated to Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity.

• Lillian Paterson says: 06/04/2013 at 20:22

Can I ask why Great Ormond Street Hospital. Thomson flight attendants from Scotland airports collect for Yorkhill Childrens Hospital, Glasgow surely as Scottish travellers Scottish Childrens Hospitals should receive some of the proceeds from the sale of these hats!

• James @Thomson says: 10/04/2013 at 04:48

Hi Lillian, Thanks for your message. When the hats were designed, The Great Ormond Street Hospital was nominated as a charity where by proceeds will be donated for this cause. We’ll look to forward your feedback on to the relevant team.

6. Louise says: 04/04/2013 at 20:52

Very disappointed as going on 10th May and although the comments below say I can buy a hat after – the whole point would be to wear it on holiday!

• Elaine @Thomson says: 05/04/2013 at 02:42

Hi Louise, I’ve replied to your previous post about this.

7. Louise lidsey says: 03/04/2013 at 07:54

Such a shame – we have booked as well to go in May and will miss out when we are trialling the resort! They look great too! No point buying th after as you said as its they are to use on hols!

• Elaine @Thomson says: 05/04/2013 at 00:29

Hi Louise, I’m sorry to hear that you’ll miss out on the exciting offer. I’ll pass your feedback on to the relevant team. Despite this I hope you have lovely holiday.

8. Mary says: 22/03/2013 at 04:34

Go to new sensatori from may 21st-31st with daughter. Cannot believe that the hats become available free on the next day that we return. Don’t tell us that we can buy them when we return because that is just a wind up…………..so,so disapointed that we will not be able to wear them whilst on holiday!

• Lauren @Thomson says: 23/03/2013 at 05:26

Hi Mary, I’m sorry to hear of the disappointment this has caused. I’ll be sure to pass your feedback onto the relevant team.

9. Becci says: 21/03/2013 at 21:58

Aww… They’ll have run out when I arrive for my birthday! :( . Will have to hope I can get one in my local TA – will we know where they’re available?

• Lauren @Thomson says: 23/03/2013 at 07:35

Hi Becci, The Philip Treacy for Thomson sunhats will be given to guests staying at the Sensatori Resort Turkey from 1st June and we’ll also have them for sale in the UK at selected Thomson stores from 1st June. All proceeds will be going to Great Ormond Street Hospital.

10. Sarah Codd says: 21/03/2013 at 12:55

oooo sounds fab!! Please can you let me know how much these cost to buy from a Thomson superstore.

• Christina @Thomson says: 21/03/2013 at 16:58

Hi Sarah, Thanks for your comment. Please note at this stage we’re just announcing the collaboration with Philip Treacy, and will provide more details regarding being to purchase these from select Thomson superstores at a later date.

11. Claire Clark says: 20/03/2013 at 19:40

Yes a big shame. :O Don’t see how they are to mark the opening of the new sensatori when you give them away weeks after its first opens. I Don’t want to buy one after my holiday i would like one to wear on my holiday!!! #stillnothappy :-(

12. Lynda Stringer says: 20/03/2013 at 16:14

OOOOOO, I hope I get to have one of the hats (travelling on 11th June) It’s our wedding anniversary on 21st June so I can wear it while we celebrate :)

The new bar sounds lovely. Definitely a place where I can wear my hat and have a cocktail or two when we celebrate :)

• Christina @Thomson says: 21/03/2013 at 08:19

Hi Lynda, What a wonderful way to spend your wedding anniversary. If you’d like to let me know your booking reference, then I can pop a special note on your holiday to advise your hotelier that you’ll be celebrating this special occasion with us.

13. Claire Clark says: 20/03/2013 at 14:39

Ohh soo unfair I want a hat!!! Going 7th May. Why aren’t the very first guests getting a hat!!!! #nothappy :-(

• Adam @Thomson says: 20/03/2013 at 14:55

Hi Claire, It’s a shame you’re going to miss out of the hats in resort, they will be available to buy in select Thomson superstores across the UK.