A sneak peak at Sensatori Resort Turkey

They say good things come to those who wait and, having done the rounds of the site and seen the builders in action, I’d say that’s certainly true for guests booked in for a holiday at Sensatori Resort Turkey this summer. The first foundations of this brand-new property were laid last March, and the good news is, everything’s set to be done and dusted in time for the grand opening on the 2nd of May. Here’s how things are looking with less than 3 months to go…

Location, location, location

There’s no doubt about it, Sensatori Resort Turkey makes a great first impression – even in its work-in-progress state. After making the hour’s drive from Antalya Airport, we meandered off the main road and experienced a complete change of scene. Gone were the shops and petrol stations, and in their place stood the towering trees of Sorgun Forest. The hotel itself is sandwiched between the 300-hectare forest and the Mediterranean Sea, and the views are as incredible as you’d expect. It’s easy to enjoy the great outdoors, too – there are gardens to the front of the property, plus you’ve got direct access to the beach.

Make room

There was plenty of ooh-ing and ahh-ing when I stepped into the Sensatori Resort Turkey showroom, as well. True to Sensatori form, it looks something out of an interiors magazine. Lampshades hang from the ceiling, fragmented mirrors jazz up the walls, and – in the adults’ section of the hotel – the deconstructed bathroom features a large sink that takes centre stage in the hallway. Take a look for yourself…

sensatori turkey - room

It’s not a case of style over substance, either. All the rooms at Sensatori Resort Turkey will come with the usual suspects – air-conditioning, balconies and the like – as well as nice-to-haves like iPod docking stations and flatscreen TVs. Want to go one step further? You can also upgrade to a whirlpool or swim-up room, or a suite with a private pool.

sensatori turkey - view 2

Behind the scenes

The wheels are in motion behind the scenes, too. The hotel’s general manager has been put in place, and he’s hard at work recruiting his team. The executive chef has also been hired, and he’s busy creating Sensatori-standard menus as we speak. They’ll take pride of place in 6 restaurants, which range from an authentic Turkish eatery to a beachfront BBQ house, where you can enjoy steaks and burgers just metres from the waves. Not to be left out, the resident show team are already being put through their paces, rehearsing for the West End-style shows Sensatori is known for.

Making a splash

Lots of you have been asking about the hotel’s splash park, and I’m happy to report it’s coming along nicely. The finished product will feature a shallow pool (about 60 centimetres deep), which will be accessorised with some fun play items for little ones. There’ll be a water shower and a water curtain, perfect for games of tag or hide-and-seek. Add a miniature slide and a pint-sized pirate ship into the mix, and you’ve got hours of fun for youngsters.

That’s it from me for now. Hopefully you’ve all a good idea of what you can look forward to at Sensatori Resort Turkey. All that’s left to say is, let the countdown begin!

We’d love to hear your thoughts on Sensatori Resort Turkey. Drop us a line in the comments section below.

346 replies to "“A sneak peak at Sensatori Resort Turkey”"

1. Joanne says: 08/04/2014 at 20:39

I am looking to book this hotel or sensatori tenerife at the end of May. I have been to Egypt one before. We have 2 children who will be 13 months and 2 years 10 months. Is everything at a high standard of cleanliness for children as am concerned they could pick up a bug etc and is bottled water supplied?
    Also what is the average and high temps for this time? And would my eldest child be able to use the kids
    Club if an adult attends with him, and is there a mini disco?

• Leanne @Thomson says: 10/04/2014 at 03:58

Hi Joanne, I can assure you that all of our hotels offer high hygiene levels, however I would always recommend that customers wash their hands regularly throughout the day, and especially before and after meals. If any illness is reported to staff this is looked into, and we would look to contain the spread of illness where possible. However there is always a risk that bugs can be passed around, as with any public place where there are lots of people coming and going. In May the weather averages at 27 degrees, and bottled water is provided. Your eldest will be able to use the nursery, but not the Play House Kids Club as this is for children aged 3 and over. Nursery sessions incur an extra charge and will need to be booked in advance. As part of Play House live there are live shows and games to enjoy.

2. DAVID TRAINIS says: 25/02/2014 at 14:28

WOULD YOU PLEASE SEND ME THE EMAIL ADDRESS FOR THE
    SENSATORI HOTEL SIDE
    I AM REQUESTING THIS FOR A COUSIN WHO HAS BOOKED A HOLIDAY THERE FOR SIX ADULTS AND WOULD LIKE TO CHECK A FEW POINTS WITH THEM BUT IS NOT COMPUTER LITERATE

David Trainis

• James @Thomson says: 28/02/2014 at 02:17

Hi David, Unfortunately we’ve not got an email address directly to the hotel. However if you’d like to supply us with the questions, we can contact our Resort Team in Turkey to find the answers for you.

3. caroline guest says: 24/02/2014 at 22:59

Sorry another question how many bars are there that is all inclusive and which ones do we have to pay for I know the bbq u pay for but is there a bar on the beach that is inclusive kind regards

• Adam @Thomson says: 25/02/2014 at 06:08

Hi Caroline, As soon as we have your reference we’ll look into this for you.

4. caroline guest says: 24/02/2014 at 22:29

Hi we are booked into ur hotel and is our first wedding anniversary we have booked double room with sea view how much is the room upgrades I would like it to be really special my booking reference is (admin deleted) from mrs guest

• Adam @Thomson says: 25/02/2014 at 06:07

Hi Caroline, We’ll be happy to look into this for you however the reference you provided did bring up a booking. Can you email your question and reconfirm your reference to cares@thomson.co.uk and we’ll be happy to try again for you.

5. Karen Rodgers says: 07/02/2014 at 13:54

Hi I’m going to book 2x superior rooms in Turkey for one week with sensatori can you tell me if they get the sun all day ,they are both sea view room , and how fare from airport to hotel is it please thanks x

• Dan @Thomson says: 08/02/2014 at 03:20

Hi Karen, We’re unable to guarantee that any room will have sun all day but we can always pop a note on your booking and the hotel can try and allocate a room suitable for you. The hotel is about an hour away from Antayla airport.

6. Christine schofield says: 06/02/2014 at 20:24

Have the basic double rooms got twin beds pushed together as i am travelling with my daughter and wish to have separate beds

• Dan @Thomson says: 08/02/2014 at 02:26

Hi Christine, In the standard double rooms for up to 4 there is a king-size bed, a single bed and a sofa bed. You’ll have to fight with your daughter who gets the king-size bed.

7. Vanessa says: 01/02/2014 at 23:44

Hi Website states Free Wi-Fi from May 2014 but we’re looking to go in April 2014. Is this an error as there are comments above stating that free wifi is available now. We will look elsewhere if we can’t get free wifi here. Please advise.

• Christina @Thomson says: 02/02/2014 at 04:24

Hi Vanessa, I can confirm that at present, Wi-fi is currently available at the resort and free in public areas of the hotel. The ‘free Wi-Fi from May 2014′is in reference to the wider wireless internet around the hotel rooms. I hope this helps.

8. Kelly smith says: 18/01/2014 at 19:43

I am arriving 15 July 2014 for 10 nights and v excited there is 8 adults (4 rooms ) 2 infants and 1 child (1 per room then one room just 2 adults ) when we booked there wasn’t 4 double rooms available so lucky for us we got 2 double rooms and 2 superior double rooms I went through with the agent the room allocation for each room (superior for me of course, and then the 2 adults) and I just wanted to ensure that on arrival when checking in the group are not just issued with 4 keys and fight between ourselves lol as obviously with infants 1 superior room and 1 double room will have cots in so will the keys/cards be issued per guest names as inputted on the booking system? Hope that makes sense ?

• Adam @Thomson says: 20/01/2014 at 06:22

Hi Kelly I’m unsure what you mean. Can you email your concern and booking details to cares@thomson.co.uk please.

9. MVT says: 16/01/2014 at 20:00

Can you tell me what the additional costs for the nursery day and evening sessions are. We have an 11 month year old.

• Sammi @Thomson says: 20/01/2014 at 12:38

Hi MVT, The cost for this is £105 per week.

10. Adrian says: 16/01/2014 at 19:53

On this message board and trip advisor there are quite a few negative comments regarding:

- the pools being freezing and not heated
    - Impossible to get a sunbed and no space around the pool
    - The beach being untidy and with debris
    - Not up to the standard expected or other Sensatori resorts
    - difficult to book meals and long queue’s

This will be our first visit to a sensatori hotel in May and we are traveling with my elderly parents and want them to have a good time. Can you tell me how the above issues are being addressed by Thomson or if they have been resolved. I am hoping they have been resolved and were just down to teething problems.

• Sammi @Thomson says: 20/01/2014 at 09:00

Hi Adrian, When the hotel first opened in May 2013, there was a few teething issues. However, these issues were resolved very quickly and we’re confident that you’ll go on to have an amazing holiday experiencing Sensatori.

11. Peter Crane says: 12/01/2014 at 20:03

we are really looking forward to visiting this hotel but i need to ask a question,are the alcoholic drinks international or do you/can you upgrade

• Sammi @Thomson says: 13/01/2014 at 14:47

Hi Peter, Imported drinks aren’t included as part of your all inclusive package, however you’re able to upgrade your drinks package to include imported drinks on arrival at the hotel. I hope this has answered your query but if you’ve any further questions, you’re welcome to get in touch.

12. Adrian says: 11/01/2014 at 19:58

Hi can you tell me what watersports are available?

• Sammi @Thomson says: 13/01/2014 at 14:56

Hi Adrian, There’s a range of watersports available, including – Para-sailing, Jet skis, Fly fish Ringos, Crazy sofa, Speedboat and Banana boats. This is subject to change. I hope this has answered your query but you’re welcome to get in touch if you’ve any further questions.

• Adrian says: 13/01/2014 at 19:27

Thanks, do you know if there is waterskiing and also which ones come as part of the all inclusive?

• Christina @Thomson says: 16/01/2014 at 04:11

Hi Adrian, None of these activities don’t come as part of the All Inclusive service. Having checked on this for you, we can advise that at present waterskiing is available – but as my colleague Sammi’s advised, this is subject to change.

13. Abbey says: 23/10/2013 at 13:02

We are looking at booking sensatori Turkey late May 2014? Is the pool heated? Any what is the temperature like? Thanks

• Jonathan S @ Thomson says: 24/10/2013 at 11:19

Hi Abbey, As May is in the summer months, the pools won’t be heated. The average temperature in May is around 23°C.

14. Sharon says: 20/10/2013 at 12:04

I had a great time last week at sensatori turkey, unfornately left my white linen dress hanging underneath an umbrella at the pool. Wondered if there was any way of getting it back? Thank you Sharon

• Lauren K @Thomson says: 21/10/2013 at 01:09

Hi Sharon, You would need to contact the hotel directly to find out if your dress was found.

• Sharon says: 21/10/2013 at 07:40

Thank you for your reply, I wonder then if you would able to give me the email address of the person I should contact. Many thanks

15. Lucy Boxall says: 05/10/2013 at 12:49

Sorry to take up more of your time, but are pool and/or beach towels provided?

• Adam @Thomson says: 06/10/2013 at 06:27

Hi Lucy, Pool and Beach towels are available at the Sensatori Turkey.

16. Lucy Boxall says: 30/09/2013 at 14:09

Hi, my family & I are staying at the Turkey Sensatori for a week (10 to 17 Oct 13) it will be my husbands 35 birthday on the Wednesday (16th).
    I was considering booking a table at the Fine Dinning restaurant, as a surprise, for that evening. Is there a standard additional charge for this or is it based on your food/drink choices?
    Also are children welcome or not (we have a 5 mth old baby & a 3 year old) if not can I arrange a babysitter or something?
    We have booked 1 lot of crèche sessions already & I can see from the brochure there Is a lot of children’s entertainment, which sounds great, but unsure if there are facilities to leave both my children for a few hours to enjoy a meal? If there is I would be most grateful if you could give me an idea is cost, as, as I say we have already paid for crèche sessions.
    If not, perhaps I could reserve one of your best tables in one of the other restaurants for that night?
    Thank you in advance for your time.
    Lucy

• Lauren K @Thomson says: 02/10/2013 at 02:24

Hi Lucy, The restaurant charges 15 euros per adult and 7.50 per child. Reservations must be made once in resort. All drinks are included in your all inclusive unless imported or served after midnight. Children and infants are welcome in all of the restaurants however we do offer Play House evening parties which are supervised, so children can be left in the care of the team. The playhouse plays movies in the evening for children, but this may not be every night. Parents do not need to supervise during the movies. You’re able to book this once you arrive at the hotel.

• Lucy Boxall says: 02/10/2013 at 15:04

Thank you Lauren. Would there be evening care for a 5 month old, ie a supervised sleeping area? Thanx again for your time. Regards Lucy

• Lauren K @Thomson says: 03/10/2013 at 00:35

Hi Lucy, Unfortunately a 5 month old wouldn’t be allowed into the Play House sessions in the evening as they would be under the minimum age of 3 years old. There are evening nursery sessions available and these can be booked either before you travel or once you arrive at the hotel. If you would like to pre-book an evening nursery session you can either visit the store you’ve made your booking with, if you’ve booked in one of our stores or if you’ve booked online, give our Pre Travel Team a call on 0844 871 0878.

17. Gavin Jones says: 06/09/2013 at 15:35

I am due to stay at the Sensatori Side arriving on the 27th September 2013 for my honeymoon – we noted when we booked the holiday in Thomson Bath that it was our honeymoon but would really appreciate knowing where we booked into – adult section by far preferred obviously! If someone could let me know. Thanks, Gavin

• Lauren K @Thomson says: 07/09/2013 at 00:49

Hi Gavin, If you could send over your booking reference I’ll be able to double check this for you.

18. Debbie Haines says: 18/08/2013 at 17:52

We are looking at booking this hotel for the first two weeks of November
    Do you have any idea what the weather averages would be for that time of year – would it still be warm
    Kind regards
    Debbie

• Leanne @Thomson says: 19/08/2013 at 04:33

Hi Debbie, On average it’s around 16 degrees, with highs of 21 degrees. There’s an average of 9 hours of sunlight and only 7 days of rainfall.

19. Alex Wallace says: 06/07/2013 at 00:03

We are booked for a swim up room in November and wondered if the water is heated or not?

• Christina @Thomson says: 06/07/2013 at 00:14

Hi Alex, I’ve just checked this for you and can advise that the swim up rooms will be heated and kept at a moderate temperature. I hope this helps.

20. Rbbie H says: 04/07/2013 at 19:57

hey, we’re holidaying with you next week and im just trying to sort out my work load! Does the hotel have any Free Wifi areas?

• Lisa-Marie @Thomson says: 05/07/2013 at 05:05

Hi Ribbie,
      The hotel has free wifi. You just need to get the password from reception.

21. Belinda hart says: 04/07/2013 at 16:28

Hi we are booked next wk from 11th 18th July and I have requested a room with sun on terrace, that’s a swim up, because my husband is not that well and often wants to sleep, it would be nice if I could sunbathe while he does, booking in the name of hart thankyou

• Lisa-Marie @Thomson says: 05/07/2013 at 05:13

Hi Belinda,
      If you could email your booking reference to thomsoncares@thomson.co.uk, I can add this for you.

22. Lola says: 04/07/2013 at 07:41

Hi how much is wifi for one week and for fussy eaters is bread rolls chips etc available and included in the all inclusive package

• Lisa-Marie @Thomson says: 15/07/2013 at 00:19

Hi Lola, Wifi is available around the hotel and also in the rooms. You’ll need to get the wifi code from reception. The receptionist will be able to advise you of the cost. Chips and bread rolls are available everyday in the main buffet and also the snack bars.

23. Emma Simm says: 12/06/2013 at 11:23

Hello, I work for the co-operative Travel. I have clients staying with you from the 28th July. Is it possible to have an email address for the hotel please? Thanks.

• Elaine @Thomson says: 16/06/2013 at 05:48

Hi Emma, We don’t have a email address, however I can give your there telephone number, which is 00902427569703. I hope this helps.

• Esse says: 10/07/2013 at 09:17

hi,

I just called and someone told me to send rather an email… She told me : “sorgunreservations@baruthotels.com”, but it doesn’t work. Did I misunderstood? IF yes, could you please give me the good adress? Thank you

• James @Thomson says: 11/07/2013 at 00:31

Hi Esse, We’ve double checked this for you and you’ll need to email them at sorgunreservation@baruthotels.com (without ‘s’ on the end of reservations).

24. Helen Morgan says: 11/06/2013 at 17:11

Hi, we are going to sensatori turkey on 19th July, please can you check which section of the hotel we are staying in?

• Elaine @Thomson says: 16/06/2013 at 01:47

Hi Helen, If you can please send me your booking reference number I can check this for you.

25. Karen says: 29/05/2013 at 10:55

Do you have pictures of the ‘sprayground’? Is it similar to the ones in Crete & Tenerife & aimed more at toddlers/smaller children rather than older kids?
    And what is the activity pool? Are there any water slides etc for older children (aged 8+)
    Many Thanks.

• Lauren K @Thomson says: 30/05/2013 at 01:41

Hi Karen, You can find all of the pictures we have of the resort on our Facebook page where we’ve uploaded an album. The sprayground is more suited to younger children and also has a cover to keep children protected from the sun. The activity pool is where the kids sessions are held throughout the day but unfortunately there’s no slides.

26. Nikki says: 27/05/2013 at 07:51

Do you have pictures of the children’s splash park? I was also wondering if there is a playground/tree house like Sensatori Crete?

• Lauren K @Thomson says: 27/05/2013 at 23:56

Hi Nikki, You’ll be able to find some further photos of the Sensatori Resort on our Facebook page. There won’t be a playground or tree house but alongside the sprayground there’s also an activites pool and play House Live! with live shows and games for children.

27. Neil Price says: 25/05/2013 at 16:56

We are staying at the Sensatori from 25th June for two weeks can you confirm the cost of upgrading the drinks to the international package.

• Samantha @Thomson says: 26/05/2013 at 01:39

Hi Neil, If you provide us with your booking reference, we’ll look into this for you.

• Dan @Thomson says: 26/05/2013 at 15:42

Hi Neil, We don’t offer an upgraded drinks package at the hotel, but internationally branded drinks can be purchased while at the hotel. The Sensatori is a cashless hotel so all purchases will be charged to your room to settle at the end of your stay.

28. D Hackett says: 25/05/2013 at 09:15

I received an email notifying me that you have decided to change the room type due to an error on your part, please could I have a response to my e-message sooner than the 14 days your customer service department quotes as I am due to fly less than a week after that. (14/6 to senator Antalya)

• Samantha @Thomson says: 26/05/2013 at 02:19

Hi D, If you’d like to discuss this prior to waiting for a response from our email team, you’re welcome to contact our Programme Change Team on 02476 280 036.

29. Stephanie Beswick says: 22/05/2013 at 14:59

I e mailed via the hotel via the Thomson website 9/5/13 and have not had a reply yet. We’re a party of 8 coming for 2 weeks on 8/8/13. My 9 year old has just been diagnosed as gluten intolerant and is already worrying about what she will eat on holiday. Please can you check that there will be information available as to which foods contain gluten?

thanks

• Lisa-Marie @Thomson says: 22/05/2013 at 18:11

Hi Stephanie,
      Have you contacted our Customer Welfare Team regarding the dietary requirements?
      If you contact them on 0844 871 1600 they’ll be able to look into this for you.

30. Donna says: 20/05/2013 at 19:23

Please can you tell me if room service available and is it included in the all inclusive package also we arrive 21.15 hours will food be available?

• Lauren @Thomson says: 22/05/2013 at 02:42

Hi Donna, Room service is available at the hotel, this will be a chargeable extra. The main buffet restaurant will close at 9.30 pm however the lobby bar will serve a late night snack around midnight. I hope this helps.

31. Sue Crook says: 19/05/2013 at 20:25

Hi we are due to stay on 30th August for 11 nights please could you advise me if we are booked into the adult section thanks

• Dan @Thomson says: 20/05/2013 at 04:41

Hi Sue, I’ve checked your booking and you’ve booked a double room in the adults section of the resort.