New Thomson holidays TV Ad ’12

Remember how holidays used to be? A couple of weeks in the Spanish Costas – a big hotel, a sandy beach and a jug or two of Sangria? You didn’t think life could get any better.
The good times haven’t changed but our holidays have.
Be the first to watch our new TV advert and find out how holiday have changed with Thomson. Take our Sensatori resorts, for example, where swim-up rooms mean you can have a pool on your doorstep. Add to that a choice of pools, 6 restaurants and a world-class spa and you couldn’t find a better place to spend quality time with your loved ones.

The First Choice – The Home of All Inclusive Holidays - TV ad is also back check it here

About the author

El Berwick
El Berwick is an events planner turned travel blogger. Her idea of a perfect holiday would be a few days visiting her favourite spots in NYC, followed by a road trip up the New England coast staying at quaint B&Bs, and ending up on the beaches of Nantucket. Failing that, she’d be happy with a long weekend watching the world sail by in Salcombe, Devon. Connect with El on Google +

105 replies to "“New Thomson holidays TV Ad ’12”"

1. creativemadness says: 21/01/2014 at 11:16

ahahahahhahahahahaahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hysterical I love that people are thinking in to this so much I love the advert it’s not about ugly people and the swimming pool is by no means the fountain of youth (Thomson you made need to put a disclaimer on this as I am concerned people are now flocking to said hotel in droves to swim in the *magical waters* you “portrayed”!!!!)

2. Mr Ugly says: 16/01/2014 at 19:20

I am not that pretty, indeed some would say ugly. Can you advise me what resort it is that features in your latest tv advert so that I can make a booking, go on holiday as Mr Ugly, and return looking like the same handsome figure that emerges from the swimming pool?

Thanks, and looking forward to my new look thanks to Thomson holidays.

• Amanda @Thomson says: 19/01/2014 at 01:31

Hi, It’s disappointing to hear that you feel this way. I can assure you that this advert was no way intended to cause offence to anybody, so I’m sorry to hear that you feel this way. I will pass your comments over to the relevant department as we do appreciate the feedback. If I can help with anything please let me know.

3. Helen says: 29/09/2013 at 10:05

Just come back from a week at the Sensatori Crete. Such a disappointment. Fell well below our expectations of a 5* experience. The room was clearly substandard as was the service. Would say the service is 3* – 4*. The positive reviews with regard to this resort come from the people who were allocated goods rooms – not those in the 2000 and 9000 block which are probably of a 3* standard. Travelled with Thomsons for years and years. This is the first time a holiday with them did not meet my expectations. Not value for money. I am not being picky in any way – just factual. This holiday depends on your room allocation – check out TripAdvisor.

4. Ray Johnson says: 10/07/2013 at 09:44

Owing to my wife’s recent health problem – DVT. She is unable to walk any distance. Walking from the car park to the terminal at Doncaster is out of the question. Walking from the Aircraft at to the transfer point at Malaga is impossible. We don’t have a wheelchair because she gets around via our car.
    Are wheelchairs provided at Doncaster and Malga for Airport use only.

• Lauren @Thomson says: 11/07/2013 at 00:14

Hi Ray, I’d suggest contacting our Welfare team about this, they’ll then be able to advise you on what assistance is available for your holiday. You can give them a call on 0844 871 1600.

5. edward says: 30/06/2013 at 14:17

our booking ref number is (Admin Edit)

• Adam @Thomson says: 05/07/2013 at 23:22

Hi Edward, I apologise for the delay in getting back to you. I’ve had a look and there is certainly a possibility of extending your holiday to a 14 night holiday, however, you may not be able to have the same room type. To discuss availability, price and booking the extra week you’ll need to call our Online customer support team on 0844 871 0878.

6. edward says: 27/06/2013 at 13:33

we have booked 1 week hotel angela fuengirola can we add extra week

• Lauren @Thomson says: 28/06/2013 at 02:57

Hi Edward, Have you booked your holiday online, or in one of our stores?

• edward says: 28/06/2013 at 12:48

we booked on line and have paid

• Samantha @Thomson says: 30/06/2013 at 01:39

Hi Edward, If you provide us with your booking reference, we’ll look into this for you.

7. sheila dixon says: 15/06/2013 at 18:34

stayed may 16 may to 23 may weather could not have been better and the hotel staff were some of the best we have ever had anywhere in the world they all did there best to make sure you had every thing you needed . I need wheelchair assistance at the airports and this was best I have ever had Thomson did a really good job to make sure I was ok . food was good and plenty of choice hotel very clean , there was nothing to complain about which made our holiday special as it was our anniversary .go and see for yourself.

• Lauren K @Thomson says: 16/06/2013 at 11:27

Hi Sheila, Thanks for sharing your lovely feedback.

8. angila says: 26/05/2013 at 14:06

NIce post! nice stuff, very informative post, i will keep visiting your blogs.

9. Rob says: 17/04/2013 at 19:56

I stayed at this hotel in July 2011 so seeing this advert brought back memories. Personally I thought the hotel was fantastic, no complaints whatsoever. The staff couldn’t do enough for you and the restaurant was excellent, huge amount of choice and some exceptional desserts. We had no issues with dress code as Dave (below) is suggesting so not sure whats going on there!

All in all definately recommend it!

10. Alluc says: 11/04/2013 at 05:51

Thanks for sharing this post. This is indeed a great article. Worth the time to read.

11. Julie Stevenson says: 05/04/2013 at 07:30

Where is this resort

• Christina @Thomson says: 05/04/2013 at 07:52

Hi Julie, The end of the advert was filmed at our Sensatori Egypt resort.

• Julie Stevenson says: 05/04/2013 at 17:06

Ok thanks

12. sheila dixon says: 28/03/2013 at 16:27

do they have return flight check in at the hotel at sensatori egypt like they do at the crete one please reply by e mail

• Lauren @Thomson says: 28/03/2013 at 17:01

Hi Sheila, Are you referring to online check in?

• sheila dixon says: 16/04/2013 at 19:36

no i am refering to check in for return flight this was done at the crete sensatori where the check in staff came to the hotel from the airport and they also took your luggage to the plane for you this was a great service

• James @Thomson says: 17/04/2013 at 09:43

Hi Sheila, Due to the airport being military we cannot do this in Egypt, It’ll be that you check-in as normal in the airport. I hope this helps.

13. Dave says: 27/03/2013 at 01:06

I have stayed at this hotel in Sharm featured in the advert. I holday 3 times a year and am well travelled. I can honestly say that this is the worst place I have ever stayed….its a cheap butlins in the sun. I made the mistake of going to the restaurant in shorts on day 2 as I had on day 1 and was told I couldn’t be served with shorts. I explained that I was diabetic and needed food but the manager (Ehmad Khalaf) didn’t care and snatched the cutlery/crockery from the table. As I was complaining I passed out due to my diabetes and thankfully my girlfriend grabbed some food and brought me round. I asked for the manager’s name and he refused but we think it was Mr Minolis I checked out the next day as couldn’t afford to risk my life in that hellhole. I am still arguing with Thomson….who quite frankly don’t care!! At least I’m still alive! Regrettably we have needed to ask for solicitor’s to deal with this.

• Rhiannon@Thomson says: 27/03/2013 at 16:48

I’m sorry to hear this, Dave. I can see from your post that you’re in discussions with our After Travel Team.

• sheila dixon says: 28/03/2013 at 16:22

if you had passed out as you say you would nt be able to take in food you would need an injection of glucagone whitch you should carry with you as an emergency and you should keep some form of glucose on you at all times ,i know because i have had type 1 diabetis for 35 yrs

14. Yvonne Ramos says: 22/03/2013 at 22:09

Quite nostalgic, happy memories of a family holiday in 1971 to Benidorm, the only time my parents had a holiday abroad. Having lost my dad in 2002 and my mum last year, my first viewing of your ad made my feel sad but happy at the same time. My daughter observed as I watched and she said ‘you are thinking of Grandma and Grandad arne’t you’, and I replied ‘Yes’. My son works for Thomson/First Choice now and we have enjoyed many happy holidays this past three years, I just wish mum and dad could have shared them with us. Love the musice theme, so appropriate. Love TUI travel.

15. aldene says: 13/03/2013 at 17:08

Dear Thomson
    Just loved your new 2012 add,watching it for the first time made me cry,the gentleman coming out of the sea holding somebody was the spitting image of my husband,we spent a lot of time in tenerife.I love the music,myself and my family love watching the ad it makes us smile .
    THANKYOU

• Leanne @Thomson says: 13/03/2013 at 17:40

Hi Aldene, I’m glad that you like it. Thank you for your feedback.

• Martin says: 05/05/2013 at 17:32

The guy coming out of the sea is my Dad carrying my Sister. Glad you liked the ad! Footage was filmed at The Sahara Beach Hotel in Tunisia around about 1978 ish.

16. janet says: 08/03/2013 at 17:26

i would just like to say that my whole family really liked your new advert please could you tell me what result was shown in your ad as my family would love to go there many thanks

17. Meg Roberts says: 05/03/2013 at 10:02

Regarding both this video and the newspaper advert in Saturday’s copy of the Times, I’m afraid they made my blood run cold as both feature a non-swimming child with very open access to water. Having professionally dealt with the aftermaths of near-drowning incidents may I point out that it only takes a moment of inattention, often brought on by holiday relaxation or a lunch time beer for this type of accident to occur. I feel strongly that this campaign should be directed to adults only rather than familes with small children.

• Dan @Thomson says: 05/03/2013 at 10:37

Hi Meg, I’m sorry you feel this way, this certainly isn’t the intention of our advert. But I’ll pass your feedback on.