‘Take Me Out’ to the Isle of Fernando (or Cyprus!)

With the new series of Take Me Out about to hit our screens this Saturday we’ve seen increasing enquires for holidays to the ‘Isle of Fernando,’ the fictitious island made popular by ITV’s dating show. Ever since the first series aired two years ago, we’ve had over 200 website searches or shop enquiries by people looking for holidays there.

Many of our shop managers have reported customers asking for holidays to the Isle and our website teams have reported that holidays to the ‘Isle of Fernando’ is an increasingly popular search term.

For those who aren’t familiar with the show, it’s hosted by Paddy McGuiness and begins its fourth series this month featuring singletons attempting to find their dream date. Once successful, the matching couple are whisked away to the ‘Isle of Fernando,’ the exotically sounding albeit fictitious name for the island.

Mark Hall, Head of Product for Thomson commented: “Although it seems there are many out there who believe that the ‘Isle of Fernando’ is a real place, it’s clear to us that they are not mistaken on where they want to go on holiday. It comes as no surprise that viewers are being tempted by footage of Cyprus’ year round sun, fantastic beaches and a range of hotels, from five star affordable luxury to couples only and family friendly resorts to choose from.”

Hotel Atlantica BayFor those temped by what they’ve seen on the show, Thomson has a range of accommodation options in Cyprus to choose from. The 4T+ Hotel Atlantica Bay is part of the Thomson Couples collection and is an adults-only hotel in a fantastic location. Thomson is confident that customers staying here will have a fantastic holiday experience. To coin the shows catchphrase, ‘no likey, no lighty’ and Thomson are sure that lights will be kept on after a stay here.

For more information on holidays to Cyprus click here or call 0871 230 2555.

18 replies to "“‘Take Me Out’ to the Isle of Fernando (or Cyprus!)”"

1. John says: 07/03/2014 at 09:58

Will Atlantica Bay Limossol be open in December 2014

• Amanda @Thomson says: 12/03/2014 at 11:32

Hi John, I’m sorry to advise that we will only be contracting the Hotel Atlantica Bay hotel during the summer months. I’m sorry for any disappointment.

2. ellie says: 22/02/2014 at 21:26

Can ordinairy people go to the isle of Fernando

3. colin says: 01/02/2014 at 21:10

Its Tenerife most sites say puerto del la cruz
    Colin

4. kenneth nevins says: 25/01/2014 at 00:13

yes this hotel is in cyprus .iv been there to for my wifes birthday .best holiday we have ever had . just out side limossol brill

• Elaine @Thomson says: 25/01/2014 at 01:34

I’m pleased to hear that you and your wife had a lovely time Kenneth.

5. Peter Tenerife says: 27/09/2013 at 12:26

It certainly did Tenerife some good and we hope more holiday programs will be filmed here.

6. Dan says: 23/01/2013 at 10:45

The latest series’s of Take Me Out are based in Cyprus. I have been there as well as Tenerife which was used for the earlier series.

7. Anon says: 19/01/2013 at 21:30

I am confused.. why have Thomson, a large corporate company writing a blog on the Isle of Fernando claiming customers can have a luxury holiday in Cyprus though not stating the IOF is actually there?? Other sites state it is in Tenerife. Is this a desperate tactic to mislead customers to make more bookings for Cyprus or are Thomson making themselves look clueless.

• Adam @Thomson says: 21/01/2013 at 19:26

Hi, It’s a shame you have this view as both you and the blog are correct. I’ve looked into this and up to series two they used Tenerife however they used Cyprus from series three.

8. anon says: 13/01/2013 at 17:19

tried not tryed

• Elaine @Thomson says: 14/01/2013 at 08:03

Is there anything I can help you with?

9. Anon says: 05/01/2013 at 15:49

hahaaha its not i cyprus.

I know….I’ve been there ;) Guess again!

• Nick L says: 15/02/2014 at 21:51

Hmmm well I lived there for 15 years and worked in one of the hotels shown so I can assure you it is…

10. Krystal says: 26/11/2012 at 16:15

Great weblog right here! Also your site a lot up very fast! What web host are you using? Can I am getting your affiliate link to your host? I want my site loaded up as fast as yours lol

11. SMITH says: 27/10/2012 at 15:58

we have tryed to leave a comment on our last holiday with you on the hotel page but it does not work the hotel was not listedin your list, i tryed leaving that bit blank and put my review but its not work

• Lauren @Thomson says: 29/10/2012 at 10:13

Hi Janet, Have you tried leaving a comment on our own website?