Home » Fun » ‘Take Me Out’ to the Isle of Fernando (or Cyprus!)

‘Take Me Out’ to the Isle of Fernando (or Cyprus!)

With the new series of Take Me Out about to hit our screens this Saturday we’ve seen increasing enquires for holidays to the ‘Isle of Fernando,’ the fictitious island made popular by ITV’s dating show. Ever since the first series aired two years ago, we’ve had over 200 website searches or shop enquiries by people looking for holidays there.

Many of our shop managers have reported customers asking for holidays to the Isle and our website teams have reported that holidays to the ‘Isle of Fernando’ is an increasingly popular search term.

For those who aren’t familiar with the show, it’s hosted by Paddy McGuiness and begins its fourth series this month featuring singletons attempting to find their dream date. Once successful, the matching couple are whisked away to the ‘Isle of Fernando,’ the exotically sounding albeit fictitious name for the island.

Mark Hall, Head of Product for Thomson commented: “Although it seems there are many out there who believe that the ‘Isle of Fernando’ is a real place, it’s clear to us that they are not mistaken on where they want to go on holiday. It comes as no surprise that viewers are being tempted by footage of Cyprus’ year round sun, fantastic beaches and a range of hotels, from five star affordable luxury to couples only and family friendly resorts to choose from.”

Hotel Atlantica BayFor those temped by what they’ve seen on the show, Thomson has a range of accommodation options in Cyprus to choose from. The 4T+ Hotel Atlantica Bay is part of the Thomson Couples collection and is an adults-only hotel in a fantastic location. Thomson is confident that customers staying here will have a fantastic holiday experience. To coin the shows catchphrase, ‘no likey, no lighty’ and Thomson are sure that lights will be kept on after a stay here.

For more information on holidays to Cyprus click here or call 0871 230 2555.

20 Responses to “‘Take Me Out’ to the Isle of Fernando (or Cyprus!)”

1. t5303c@aim.com' Frank

Why dont you come clean and tell people the truth. Its on the Take me out website.
    You get more commission on Cyprus holidays because you buy up the whole hotel for months stopping decent people booking direct and getting a good deal instead of paying through the nose with Thomsons

• Adam.Simson@thomson.co.uk' Adam Simson

Hi Frank, I’m sorry to hear you are unhappy with our availability and prices. We have contracts with hotels for a varied amount of rooms depending upon the hotel. ^Adam

2. Tata62@live.co.uk' John

Will Atlantica Bay Limossol be open in December 2014

• amanda@dot.com' Amanda @Thomson

Hi John, I’m sorry to advise that we will only be contracting the Hotel Atlantica Bay hotel during the summer months. I’m sorry for any disappointment.

3. colinmitchell71@yahoo.co.uk' colin

Its Tenerife most sites say puerto del la cruz
    Colin

4. kennevins@hotmail.com' kenneth nevins

yes this hotel is in cyprus .iv been there to for my wifes birthday .best holiday we have ever had . just out side limossol brill

• Elaine.lea@thomson.co.uk' Elaine @Thomson

I’m pleased to hear that you and your wife had a lovely time Kenneth.

5. dan@dannjs.co.uk' Dan

The latest series’s of Take Me Out are based in Cyprus. I have been there as well as Tenerife which was used for the earlier series.

6. lookinggood@orange.net' Anon

I am confused.. why have Thomson, a large corporate company writing a blog on the Isle of Fernando claiming customers can have a luxury holiday in Cyprus though not stating the IOF is actually there?? Other sites state it is in Tenerife. Is this a desperate tactic to mislead customers to make more bookings for Cyprus or are Thomson making themselves look clueless.

• Adam.staite@thomson.co.uk' Adam @Thomson

Hi, It’s a shame you have this view as both you and the blog are correct. I’ve looked into this and up to series two they used Tenerife however they used Cyprus from series three.

• Elaine.lea@thomson.co.uk' Elaine @Thomson

Is there anything I can help you with?

7. anon@anon.com' Anon

hahaaha its not i cyprus.

I know….I’ve been there 😉 Guess again!

• Lynx_400@msn.com' Nick L

Hmmm well I lived there for 15 years and worked in one of the hotels shown so I can assure you it is…

8. Trueax3075@gmail.com' Krystal

Great weblog right here! Also your site a lot up very fast! What web host are you using? Can I am getting your affiliate link to your host? I want my site loaded up as fast as yours lol

9. janetsmith1423@ntlworld.com' SMITH

we have tryed to leave a comment on our last holiday with you on the hotel page but it does not work the hotel was not listedin your list, i tryed leaving that bit blank and put my review but its not work

• Lauren.Williams@thomson.co.uk' Lauren @Thomson

Hi Janet, Have you tried leaving a comment on our own website?