Home » Holidays » Introducing Sensatori Turkey

Introducing Sensatori Turkey

Check out our latest update ‘A sneak peak at Sensatori Resort Turkey’

Sensatori TurkeyWhat’s new?

We’re really excited about building Sensatori Turkey, the fifth addition to our Sensatori collection that’s set to open in. This brand new hotel will join our 4 existing Sensatori resorts – in Tenerife, Sharm El Sheikh, Crete and Mexico – and we’d like to invite you to join us behind the scenes as we follow its progress on the blog.

Sensatori Turkey RoomWhat is Sensatori?

As the name suggests, Sensatori resorts – which are only from Thomson – have been designed to fuel your senses. After all, the more senses stirred, the more we enjoy an experience. But that’s only half the concept. The other half stems from the idea of ‘satori’ – a sudden feeling of enlightenment. And that’s how the word ‘Sensatori’ came about.

What will make Sensatori Turkey stand out?

The hotel itself will have all the hallmarks of a Sensatori property. Its real standout feature, though, is the location. The hotel will be right on the beach, and just footsteps from Sorgun Forest, which covers more than 300 hectares.

Sensatori Turkey LocationHow will we build it?

With over 40 years of experience, we know what separates a good hotel from a great one. We also know the value of local knowledge, which is why we’ve enlisted the help of the Barut family to help us take Sensatori Turkey from drawing board to reality.

Barut have extensive experience of building hotels in Antalya and will be a real asset to the team. As our partner, Barut will be acting as the developer, employing local people for everything from engineering to labour and then buying materials separately. Even the architect is local. Thomson staff will be heavily involved to ensure the design follows all of the Sensatori guidelines.

What else is planned?

Sensatori Turkey will have a total of 297 rooms and be made up of three blocks, one of which is for families, and one that’s for the adults. Inside, we’re building a wide range of room options, from swim-up suites to rooms with private pools.

Sensatori TurkeyOn the dining front, there’ll be 4 restaurants included in the All Inclusive package. You can take your pick from a buffet restaurant that serves dishes from around the world, a Turkish restaurant that brings you the best of the country’s national cuisine, a seafood restaurant and an Italian place that specialises in classics like pizza, pasta and risotto. If you want to pay a bit extra, there are 2 more options – a BBQ restaurant on the beach and a fine dining restaurant that’s perfect for extra-special occasions.

Elsewhere there’ll be 5 swimming pools to pick from, including one that’s just for adults and another that’s all geared up for families. And there’ll be plenty more to keep you entertained. We’ll be building a multipurpose sports court and gym, first-rate entertainment venues, and a Play House and multi-sensory nursery for children.

Click to view – Correct at time of issue: January 2013 Please Note: Room names can vary

64 Responses to “#YourBigDay – Dress Shopping With Jodie”

1. mikelesleyjacobs@yahoo.co.uk' jacobs

We booked a holiday with Thomson for 23/08/15 to Bahia Principe el Portillo ,do we get a free room upgrade from a standard room to a gold as it stated on the booking.

• hayley.pattison@thomson.co.uk' Hayley Pattison

Hi Jacobs, Can you send me an email your booking reference and query to cares@thomson.co.uk and I’ll look into this for you. ^Hayley

2. wwalshlinda@hotmail.co.uk' g walsh

When we tried to check in on line there was a problem so when we telephoned to book our seats and was told that the only available seats together was first class ( are they premier? ) we booked them and paid £40 each ,but after reading comments on this site it is £35 each ? and can we use the lounge?

• hayley.pattison@thomson.co.uk' Hayley Pattison

Hi, If you could please email cares@thomson.co.uk with your booking details and I will look into this for you. ^Hayley

3. bobbiemooore@hotmail.com' Victoria Moore

I haven’t had my APD refund yet, I travelled in May and booked my holiday around October to Spain. It’s now July. I have contacted the branch (who can’t help me) and have been passed from number to number and am not getting any where on the phone. I would just like to know if there is a back log, if so is my refunded going to be acknowledged? If not why haven’t I received it yet? when it says on the website Thomson would try there hardest to get it to me before we left. It just feels like because our holiday is over we’ve been forgotten.

• melanie.james@thomson.co.uk' Melanie James

Hi Victoria, If you could please email cares@thomson.co.uk with your booking details and I will look into this for you.

4. surabhi_medico@yahoo.com' Surabhi

I am flying to Greece next week and returning in 1 week. I am 24 weeks pregnant with a normal pregnancy. Do I need fit to fly note from my doctor?

• melanie.james@thomson.co.uk' Melanie James

Hi Surabhi, You are not required to provide one for this duration of pregnancy. I would, however, recommend that if you measure as more than a 24 week pregnancy for you to bring one just in case.

5. itslisajane@gmail.com' LJ

We fly from Bristol to Majorca soon have had paid for the Extra Space Seats which were £35.00 each. We have row 12 which is 2 seats together am I right in thinking there is no third seat on this row on a 757? Also is there quite a lot of extra room there as I am quite claustrophobic and am worrying about it now? Thanks

6. zefwbez@gmail.com' www.raccianello.it

{great|wonderful|interesting|nice post.
    One of the most characteristic towns that I visited in Tuscany is San Gimignano, nearFirenze. I stayed there during my last holiday in Tuscany, in a farmhouse really beautiful. There was a restaurant and a swimming pool overlooking sille towers. It’s called Farm Raccianello and both me and my friends really enjoyed it.

7. brittnytedeschi@gmail.com' Julianne

Hello There. I discovered your weblog the use of msn.
    This is a very neatly written article. I will bbe sure
    too bookmark it and come back to read more of your useful info.
    Thanks for the post. I’ll definitely return.

8. christinedesilva.cds@gmail.com' Christine DeSilva

Hi We have booked premium seats on the dreamliner to the Dominican in September. We have also just booked the escape lounge at Manchester. Reading some of these Q & A’s it sounds like we get the lounge included is this correct?

• melanie.james@thomson.co.uk' Melanie James

Hi Christina, If you upgrade to premium seats then you will have access to the lounge included. For Manchester, this will be either at the Swissport Styal Lounge or Escape Lounge.

9. 21207Lade@hotmail.com' robot aspirador opiniones

Very excellent info can be found on blog . “The American temptation is to believe that foreign policy is a subdivision of psychiatry.” by Robert Francis Kennedy.

10. tomferguson1874@gmail.com' Tom Ferguson

We are booked to go on a cruise/stay on 30th July. We have not received any etickets although I do have a booking ref and confirmation email. Will I need etickets? As it said they should have been sent 2 days after booking.
    Regards Tom

• melanie.james@thomson.co.uk' Melanie James

Hi Tom, If you do not have your etickets then you will be able to travel on your booking confirmation with no issue.

11. ayefte@hotmail.com' alan taylor

hello gemma, we are flying to Sanford in September premium club and see that we can go into no1 lounge at Gatwick for drinks and “snacks” could you tell me what they are as I need to eat breakfast before we fly. also can we “come and go” as we please from the lounge for duty free ect. regards alan.

• melanie.james@thomson.co.uk' Melanie James

Hi Alan, We have a contract allowing customers to use the lounge at Gatwick but this is not run by Thomson. I would suggest for you to contact no1 lounge directly and they will be able to answer any queries you have.

12. leslee.sanger@freenet.de' www.freeapplewatch.com

Great goods from you, man. I have remember your stuff prior too and you’re just too great.
    I actually like what you’ve bought here, certainly like what yoou are
    stating and the way in which wherein youu saay it. You’re making it entertaining and you continue to cafe for to stay
    it wise. I can’t wait to learn far more from
    you. This is actually a wonderful web site.

13. xvzdoofu@gmail.com' www.torreprima-holidays.it

Last year I made a trip to Tuscany with my girlfriend. We are nature lovers and Tuscany is the ideal destination for this. We made many excursions in the Chianti and cities of art. We stayed in a farmhouse near St. Gimigano really nice; It called Torre Prima.

14. thomas-kenneth@sky.com' Jean

We have seen a variety of prices to upgrade to the premium lounge on the dreamliner. Why are the children’s seats far more than an adult seat. Could we also be upgraded free of charge if we ask at airport

• melanie.james@thomson.co.uk' Melanie James

Hi Jean, This is because the new APD legislation means a child no longer pays tax for a seat in Economy, so the upgrade charge between an Economy seat and a Premium Economy seat is greater for a child than an adult.

• melanie.james@thomson.co.uk' Melanie James

Hello, The Island Escape will only be a part of our programme until October. We will be introducing our new ship, Thomson Discovery, for our Summer 2016 programme.

15. stephengregorio@yahoo.de' Celestron Online

Thanks for your personal marvelous posting! I quite enjoyed
    reading it, you will be a great author.I will make certain to bookmark
    your blog and definitely will come back later in life.
    I want to encourage continue your great posts, have a nice afternoon!

16. kt2tk@hotmail.com' Brown

Hi, my wife is coeliac and we r going to use the lounge with premium seats booking and wonder if there will b anything for her to eat, when we used another lounge they catered for her, so hopefully this will b ok forbhet

• daniel.oneill@thomson.co.uk' Daniel Oneill

Hello, Which airport are you travelling from? I’ll be able to see if I can provide you with the direct email for the Lounge to see if they can cater your wife’s needs. ^Daniel

17. gharmon53@hotmail.com' Mrs Harmon

Ref 1667568. We have booked a holiday to cancun, and we upgraded our seats to premier class, one of the advantages being we could pre book seats as we wanted to ensure we sat together. When I visited the website to manage our account and book seats according to the flight plan there were no seats available!!!! I contacted our travel company to ask for their assistance. They received a convoluted story about not wanting to release all seats on line ( I would like to know how many were in fact available ) however he did allocate seats that were not together and informed us that we could get them changed at the airport!!!! Silly question, but why would you not allocate seats together, this was a completely pointless exercise. You would be as well cancelling these seats and we will take our chances at the airport.

• daniel.oneill@thomson.co.uk' Daniel Oneill

Hello, I have checked your booking reference and can see that there are additional seats available but again these are not in locations which are located next to one another. I can see you have been assigned seats behind one another and are in more desirable locations. You can ask at the check in desk to see if they are able to reallocate your seating but I must add this isn’t guaranteed. ^Daniel

18. k.p.schoe@hotmail.co.uk' Keighley schofield

Hi, i have booked a holiday online with thomsons today (1/7/15), however as the payment was going through , it timed out and left me with no booking reference or booking confirmation!
    I have checked with my bank and they have confirmed that the transaction is pending. Could i please have booking confirmation or a refund so i can book the holiday again. Thanks.

• daniel.oneill@thomson.co.uk' Daniel Oneill

Hello, If you can email cares@thomson.co.uk with the details of your holiday a member of the team will be able to take a look into this for you. ^Daniel

19. dawnronnie@sky.com' Dawn Ronnie

My husband booked a holiday online departing 16th Aug 2015 to Anna Beach, Thassos. Unfortunately, he was unaware that he would be charged to amend the pre-paid extra luggage weight. There was no warning on the website when he changed it (changed from 25 kilos to 20 kilos per person). I am appalled that this charge was over £40 (this amendment was within a few hours of booking) Is it possible to just amend the extra kilos to 25 again without any amendment charge? Thanks

20. lyn.rich@blueyonder.co.uk' Lynda Rich

Booking ref 1527/27186

Hello 4 of us are going to riu montego bay on sept 4th from birmingham. I phoned our thomson shop and spoke to harvey to see if we could upgrade our hotel to the riu palace next door as it is adult only, he looked into it and said we could and it would cost a further £878 + £50 each administration fee, which was fine. when he tried to complete it last night, it wouldn’t allow him to, he even phoning someone for help a few times it seems as we booked it a while ago and the computer system has changed it will not let him make the changes for the old system bookings without cancelling our booking including the flights etc and rebooking it. I am defiantly not going to risk that as we have already booked our premium seats. We only want to change to the next hotel nothing else, The manager is going to try for us along with the other manager but on Saturday, but we are so dissapointed And can’t stop thinking about it.

I don’t know if you a can do anything or shed any light on what can be done or how they can do it.
    Surely there must be a way without cancelling everything which seems ridiculous and not very good for loyal customer service.

• lyn.rich@blueyonder.co.uk' Lynda Rich

It’s all sorted now thank you

• melanie.james@thomson.co.uk' Melanie James

Hi Lynda, Our holidays are packaged up so we would only be able to amend your booking to the new one if there is a package available. From what you have explained, it would appear that we do not have the availability for the flights so for us to book the hotel you wish we would need to cancel the existing booking to release the flights and then rebook them under the new package. This is risky as there would be no way of preventing another customer from booking your released flights before us. I hope this has helped in clarifying this.

21. sharon.tomlinsonst@gmail.com' Sharon Tomlinson

Hi, we are flying to Thailand in november and have booked premium,i know that the lounge is included but do we need to book a time slot ?

• daniel.oneill@thomson.co.uk' Daniel Oneill

Hello Sharon, You will be able to use the lounge when check in opens for your flight on the day. This means you’ll be able to use the lounge 3 hours prior to travel. ^Daniel

22. gillyw70@hotmail.com' P Clarke

Booking ref 2111/415126
    The holiday was 26 May to 9 June and I still haven’t received my apd refund of £142, I’ve tried ringing your contact number but it goes on to say the office is closed and hangs up, even when I ring it between 8-5. Please can you advise when I can expect a refund, I was advised in April it would be soon and it’s 1st July today.
    Regards Paul Clarke

Hi, I am sorry to hear you’ve not yet received your refund. I have looked at your booking and can see this is pending. I have now raised this and the refund has been actioned. Thank you for your patience. ^Gemma

23. beachino@hotmail.com' scott geddes

hi

we are flyin to Salou with 2 kids on 05/09/2015. are we entitled to child air tax refund?

Booking reference is 2666/570066, flight reference 4234537

regards
    scott geddes

Hi Scott, Looking at your booking I cannot see this has been refunded. I will get this raised with the relevant team. Thank you for your continued patience. ^Gemma

24. pennydiamond70@googlemail.com' Penny

Hi I am looking for a contact number to discuss working as a Thomson Gold fly out singer? I’m finding it difficult to find a contact . I do a blondie tribute in the uk.
    Please check out my website
    Atomicblonde.co.uk
    I was on Harry hill stars in their eyes this year so please have a look
    Penny diamond

25. shopaholic.karen@hotmail.co.uk' Karen jones

To David Burling ceo, dear sir we booked a cruise on 24/1/15, at your broughtonchesterretail park branch paid our deposit with Darren the so called cruise expert checked all the details and the left . We Checked our details on Saturday morning only to find that your employee had made a mistake and printed the wrong dates and times off and your branch manager has admitted it is Thompsons fault so we have lost our cruise and flights as we cannot fly on the dates your employee should have booked we have all the documents so where does that leave us are we to be compensated and also your branch manager said to us would we like to book a cruise for next year you can imagine how upset we are . I wonder if I put all this on social media what your customers about to book with Thompsons would think !! Your branch manager promise to ring us back after contacting head office we are still waiting he had not even been in touch with us please please will you sort out the terrible mistake your company has made we await your response.

Hi Karen, I am sorry to hear this. Can you please provide me with your booking details so we can look into this and chase with your store. Can you send this through email to cares@thomson.co.uk Thank you. ^Gemma

26. lynn-nash@hotmail.co.uk' Lynn Nash

Would it be possible to advise me when the prices and availability of your villa holidays are ready to book for 2016

Lynn

Hi Lynn, Unfortunately a date has not been confirmed as of yet. ^Gemma

27. cutepetal2005@hotmail.co.uk' Melissa bazeley

Hi here are the complementary drinks as and when you want or is it just when the trolley goes by thanks

Hi Melissa, The drinks service on long haul economy cabin are complimentary. In the economy cabin there will be the 2 normal drinks/bar service and customers can have soft and alcoholic drinks from this cart. There will also be water services and then passengers can choose between tea, coffee, wine or water with the meal service too. If customers do require another drink aside from the bar services, they can go to the galley and as long as there is a member of staff that is free from doing other duties, they will be able to get another drink. Hope this answers your enquiry. Thank you ^Gemma

28. jade.johns@live.com' Jade johns

Hello. Do you do wedding at the blue lagoon princess ? We will be looking to get married September 2016.

• chantelle.sambrook@thomson.co.uk' Chantelle Sambrook

Hi Jade, Unfortunately we do not offer Weddings at Blue Lagoon Princess. Please feel free to take a look at the gorgeous hotels we offer here – po.st/tavnbR.

29. nigelsgamble@gmail.com' Nigel Gamble

I have booked a holiday through you, booking ref, 3002367 departing this Saturday.

I do not appear to have been refunded the air passenger duty I paid for my son who is aged 10.

Please can you confirm when this will be done.

Nigel Gamble

Hi Nigel, APD refunds are for all bookings that booked before the 08th December. Bookings that were made after this date were already adjusted to reflect the APD amount. ^Gemma

30. robertstrbrts@aol.com' tracy roberts

Can you please tell me is the suite princess still going to be adults only in june 2016 had a fantastic holiday there this june but heard a rumor that it might be going to be family hotel instead

• chantelle.sambrook@thomson.co.uk' Chantelle Sambrook

Hi Tracy, Hotel Suite Princess in Gran Canaria will only remain adult’s-only until April 2016.

31. tia@tiastreasures.net' Tia

I am writing on behalf of myself Tia age 10, my Mum Lisa and a group of Friends who are fundraising to raise funds for a specialist wheelchair for a 4 year old local boy who has Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy which is a progressive disease with no cure therefore life expectancy is dramatically shortened.

We will be holding various fundraising events over the next few months therefore we are looking for the support of local businesses who would kindly offer a prize for a Raffle or Tombola.

We would be very grateful if you could support us in anyway.

Thank you for taking the time to read.

Love Tia
    x

• chantelle.sambrook@thomson.co.uk' Chantelle Sambrook

Hi Tia, I’m sorry to advise, we can’t help with individual requests for support because we’re committed to partnerships with a number of charities through our fundraising programme. We support: Tommy’s, The Family Holiday Association and Born Free Foundation. In addition, Thomson Airways staff nominate a charity local to where they’re based, to help through collections on our flights. Nevertheless, we wish you the best with your fundraising.

32. GAllen@educ.somerset.gov.uk' Mrs G Allen

Looking for Christmas holiday in the carribbean , have to be back to work on 4.1.16.
    Ideally leave from Bristol/Exeter from 22.12.15 for 10 nights.

Hi Mrs Allen, I am sorry but we are unable to provide prices due to fluctuation. Please visit our website http://www.thomson.co.uk for the latest prices and availability. Thank you ^Gemma

33. freddiewoolland@msn.com' F Woolland

I’ve just tried to check in for my flight tomorrow with my girlfriend. Flying from Gerona to London. We’ve been told repeatedly over the past hour that check in is not open yet. This is not a drama if we are able to check in at the airport tomorrow at no extra cost and can sit next to each other. Please acknowledge this message as confirmation that we have tried to check in but cannot on account of a faulty system. Thanks.

Hi, I am sorry for the delay in our response. Due to the recent incident in Tunisia we were prioritising these. We do hope you are having a wonderful holiday. ^Gemma