Home » Behind-The-Scenes » Have Your Say – The Booking Process

Have Your Say – The Booking Process

We’re constantly trying to improve our service to you, and right now we’re trying to find out how we can improve the booking process on our website. Once you decide to book a holiday it should be a painless, even a fun, process. One way to make that the reality is by making the different options easy and quick to find.

Why not have your say on how this should be done? You’re our customer after all! We’ve put together a small game that will help us hugely.

All you need to do is take a set of cards, each of which represents a piece of information you might need when booking a holiday, then place each card in one of the categories shown on screen. If you feel the categories are wrong or confusing, there’ll be an opportunity to let us know after you’ve sorted the cards.

Why not take 5 minutes to get involved?

Click Here >> http://bit.ly/holidaybooking

3,497 Responses to “Have Your Say – The Booking Process”

1. jane@everycloudmanagement.co.uk' Jane Slater

Hi. Felt it worth leaving you a comment. I’ve not long returned from a holiday in Crete. Booking on line was efficient and easy, the holiday itself was great for the price etc. only thing that marred it was the flight. I’ve never experienced any flight as cramped and uncomfortable before. We are not tall people (5’2 and 5’6) but our knees hit the back of the seat in front added to that another traveller who was completely inconsiderate (to others on return journey also) who insisted on fully reclining his seat for full journey and we couldn’t even put a drink on the pull down table as there was no room.

2. douglasnutall@hotmail.co.uk' Doug

We have been on 5 Thomson cruises and love them, is there a loyalty scheme? Were thinking of booking again but need to look at all options.

3. soniabell33@gmail.com' bell

I am still waiting for a response to my emails sent in regards to getting my refund on y travel luggage. was charged twice, provided proof and still I am being told that I not getting my refund

4. paul.mclean@dwp.gsi.gov.uk' Paul

Booked Costa Rica yesterday (20/04/2017) for October 1st 2018 & upgraded as usual to Premium Club

Both ourselves & the travel agent noticed that there was no facility during the booking process to book ‘private transfers’ – can you advise when this faciity will be active please?

Also tried to get into ‘flightextras’ to confirm that our seat requests for both the outbound & inbound flights are confirmed – our travel agent call Thomson who took the details and advised these seats have been selected for both flights – can you advise when the flightextra facility will be active as well (just want to double check to make sure they are booked)

Paul

• Charlotte.Baker@thomson.co.uk' Charlotte Baker

Hi Paul, Can you send your booking reference and query to cares@thomson.co.uk so we can look into this for you ^Charlotte

5. limbolin@gmail.com' David Johnson

David Johnson

Why have I spent £16 on telephone charges and still not been able to get through to an operator to upgrade a vehicle insurance …went into the visited he local Thomson holiday outlet in Wrexham and they do not want to know about it …
    Is this about service or is it more about an income stream from Line Providers …
    Pretty hopeless service whichever spin you put on it…Still not upgraded!!

Hi David, I am sorry you’ve not been able to get through to an advisor. Can you please email us at cares@thomson.co.uk with your booking details so we can check availability for you. 6Gemma

6. susan.milano@live.co.uk' Sue

I am trying unsuccessfully to organise taking extra luggage for charitable purposes. I have booked a last minute holiday to India and want to take clothes etc out for the kids in the orphanage. There is not enough time to write and wait for a reply as I fly on 9th November. Any help appreciated.

• susan.milano@live.co.uk' Sue

Hi Jodie thanks for your comment. I spent alot of time on it yesterday as officially you are meant to write to Tui at Alexandria house in Swansea but as I said not enough time for that. I phoned the customer service number and a really helpful guy who I think was at an Indian call centre eventually found an email address. pretraveldutymanager@thomson.co.uk my god are those guys on the ball. The Thomson rep in India provided me with the proof I needed and by the end of the day I had the required authority. Really impressed with the whole Thomson set up people trying to help me sort it out from our local shop providing email to contact rep in India to call centre and pretravel duty manager. Well done.

Hi Sue, This is great to hear. I’m glad you were able to get all of this sorted as quickly as possible and hope that we will see you again soon. ^Dan

7. marracctgas24@latinmail.com' gaylord

I believe this is among the such a lot vital info for me. And i’m glad studying your article. But wanna commentary on few basic things, The website taste is ideal, the articles is really great : D. Just right process, cheers

8. kenneth.hoynes@kleppnett.no' Kenneth Hoynes

I live in Norway and when I try to book a holiday your system refuses to accept my Norwegian postcode and I am unable to complete the booking. What should I do?

Hi Kenneth, You would need a valid UK address to book A Thomson holiday. ^Dan

• kenneth.hoynes@kleppnett.no' Kenneth Hoynes

You mean that Thomson only caters to people living in England, other British holiday agents accept orders form abroad. Why does Thomson have these restrictions? I am very disappointed.

Kenneth

Hi Kenneth, Where abroad are you looking at booking from? ^Caitlin

• kenneth.hoynes@kleppnett.no' Kenneth Hoynes

Booking from Norway, but sorry to late I book with British Airways.

9. richard.scorey@chemringcm.com' Richard Scorey

If I am staying at a Premier Hotel what is my hand baggage allowance on Thomson flights as I have conflicting views of 5kg and 7kg.

• richard.scorey@chemringcm.com' Richard Scorey

Sorry sent it twice, thanks for the answer.

That’s ok Richard. ^Gemma

Hi Richard, Our Premier hotels include 5kg hand luggage. Please email us at cares@thomson.co.uk with your details so we can double check your booking. ^Gemma

10. richard.scorey@chemringcm.com' Richard Scorey

If I am travelling to a Premier Hotel what is my Hand Luggage allowance (Thomson flight), as it is unclear on my booking form and the First Choice brochure/website seems to differ between 5Kg and 7Kg.

Hi Richard, This would be 7kg of hand luggage. ^Jaz