Home » Cruises » Let Thomson Majesty Entertain You

Let Thomson Majesty Entertain You

Talented vocalists, live bands and UK comedians… you’ll be entertained around the clock on Thomson Cruises’ latest ship, Thomson Majesty.

You’ve probably seen our big announcement (A Royal Debut – Thomson Majesty) by now – Thomson Cruises is welcoming another ship into its ranks. Thomson Majesty is replacing old favourite, Thomson Destiny, who’s hanging up her hat after 7 years in the fleet. The new vessel is a decade younger than her predecessor, so she’s in ship shape (pun intended), with more contemporary cabins, 5 restaurants, and a spa, which features 7 treatment rooms and 2 saunas.

As for when the sun goes down, there’s the full spectrum of bars and entertainment venues, and you can expect the usual high standards. There’ll be a resident group of vocalists called the Majesty Singers, who’ll take you from the bright lights of Vegas to a rock-off with Queen. And a lot of performances will be choreographed, so you can expect show-like elements. Because the Thomson Majesty’s main stage is round, though, with seats around the edge, there isn’t much room for acrobatic dance moves. It means the performances will be more ‘Chicago’ than ‘Fame’.

You can look forward to deck parties, solo performances, cabaret-style acts, live bands and high-profile piano entertainers, too. Plus, there’ll be a UK comedian live on stage every week, as well as a second special guest act.

All in all, there’s plenty in store from morning ‘til evening – take a look at the Thomson Cruises website for more info.

58 Responses to “#YourBigDay – Dress Shopping With Jodie”

1. surabhi_medico@yahoo.com' Surabhi

I am flying to Greece next week and returning in 1 week. I am 24 weeks pregnant with a normal pregnancy. Do I need fit to fly note from my doctor?

• melanie.james@thomson.co.uk' Melanie James

Hi Surabhi, You are not required to provide one for this duration of pregnancy. I would, however, recommend that if you measure as more than a 24 week pregnancy for you to bring one just in case.

2. itslisajane@gmail.com' LJ

We fly from Bristol to Majorca soon have had paid for the Extra Space Seats which were £35.00 each. We have row 12 which is 2 seats together am I right in thinking there is no third seat on this row on a 757? Also is there quite a lot of extra room there as I am quite claustrophobic and am worrying about it now? Thanks

3. zefwbez@gmail.com' www.raccianello.it

{great|wonderful|interesting|nice post.
    One of the most characteristic towns that I visited in Tuscany is San Gimignano, nearFirenze. I stayed there during my last holiday in Tuscany, in a farmhouse really beautiful. There was a restaurant and a swimming pool overlooking sille towers. It’s called Farm Raccianello and both me and my friends really enjoyed it.

4. brittnytedeschi@gmail.com' Julianne

Hello There. I discovered your weblog the use of msn.
    This is a very neatly written article. I will bbe sure
    too bookmark it and come back to read more of your useful info.
    Thanks for the post. I’ll definitely return.

5. christinedesilva.cds@gmail.com' Christine DeSilva

Hi We have booked premium seats on the dreamliner to the Dominican in September. We have also just booked the escape lounge at Manchester. Reading some of these Q & A’s it sounds like we get the lounge included is this correct?

• melanie.james@thomson.co.uk' Melanie James

Hi Christina, If you upgrade to premium seats then you will have access to the lounge included. For Manchester, this will be either at the Swissport Styal Lounge or Escape Lounge.

6. 21207Lade@hotmail.com' robot aspirador opiniones

Very excellent info can be found on blog . “The American temptation is to believe that foreign policy is a subdivision of psychiatry.” by Robert Francis Kennedy.

7. tomferguson1874@gmail.com' Tom Ferguson

We are booked to go on a cruise/stay on 30th July. We have not received any etickets although I do have a booking ref and confirmation email. Will I need etickets? As it said they should have been sent 2 days after booking.
    Regards Tom

• melanie.james@thomson.co.uk' Melanie James

Hi Tom, If you do not have your etickets then you will be able to travel on your booking confirmation with no issue.

8. ayefte@hotmail.com' alan taylor

hello gemma, we are flying to Sanford in September premium club and see that we can go into no1 lounge at Gatwick for drinks and “snacks” could you tell me what they are as I need to eat breakfast before we fly. also can we “come and go” as we please from the lounge for duty free ect. regards alan.

• melanie.james@thomson.co.uk' Melanie James

Hi Alan, We have a contract allowing customers to use the lounge at Gatwick but this is not run by Thomson. I would suggest for you to contact no1 lounge directly and they will be able to answer any queries you have.

9. leslee.sanger@freenet.de' www.freeapplewatch.com

Great goods from you, man. I have remember your stuff prior too and you’re just too great.
    I actually like what you’ve bought here, certainly like what yoou are
    stating and the way in which wherein youu saay it. You’re making it entertaining and you continue to cafe for to stay
    it wise. I can’t wait to learn far more from
    you. This is actually a wonderful web site.

10. xvzdoofu@gmail.com' www.torreprima-holidays.it

Last year I made a trip to Tuscany with my girlfriend. We are nature lovers and Tuscany is the ideal destination for this. We made many excursions in the Chianti and cities of art. We stayed in a farmhouse near St. Gimigano really nice; It called Torre Prima.

11. thomas-kenneth@sky.com' Jean

We have seen a variety of prices to upgrade to the premium lounge on the dreamliner. Why are the children’s seats far more than an adult seat. Could we also be upgraded free of charge if we ask at airport

• melanie.james@thomson.co.uk' Melanie James

Hi Jean, This is because the new APD legislation means a child no longer pays tax for a seat in Economy, so the upgrade charge between an Economy seat and a Premium Economy seat is greater for a child than an adult.

• melanie.james@thomson.co.uk' Melanie James

Hello, The Island Escape will only be a part of our programme until October. We will be introducing our new ship, Thomson Discovery, for our Summer 2016 programme.

12. stephengregorio@yahoo.de' Celestron Online

Thanks for your personal marvelous posting! I quite enjoyed
    reading it, you will be a great author.I will make certain to bookmark
    your blog and definitely will come back later in life.
    I want to encourage continue your great posts, have a nice afternoon!

13. kt2tk@hotmail.com' Brown

Hi, my wife is coeliac and we r going to use the lounge with premium seats booking and wonder if there will b anything for her to eat, when we used another lounge they catered for her, so hopefully this will b ok forbhet

• daniel.oneill@thomson.co.uk' Daniel Oneill

Hello, Which airport are you travelling from? I’ll be able to see if I can provide you with the direct email for the Lounge to see if they can cater your wife’s needs. ^Daniel

14. gharmon53@hotmail.com' Mrs Harmon

Ref 1667568. We have booked a holiday to cancun, and we upgraded our seats to premier class, one of the advantages being we could pre book seats as we wanted to ensure we sat together. When I visited the website to manage our account and book seats according to the flight plan there were no seats available!!!! I contacted our travel company to ask for their assistance. They received a convoluted story about not wanting to release all seats on line ( I would like to know how many were in fact available ) however he did allocate seats that were not together and informed us that we could get them changed at the airport!!!! Silly question, but why would you not allocate seats together, this was a completely pointless exercise. You would be as well cancelling these seats and we will take our chances at the airport.

• daniel.oneill@thomson.co.uk' Daniel Oneill

Hello, I have checked your booking reference and can see that there are additional seats available but again these are not in locations which are located next to one another. I can see you have been assigned seats behind one another and are in more desirable locations. You can ask at the check in desk to see if they are able to reallocate your seating but I must add this isn’t guaranteed. ^Daniel

15. k.p.schoe@hotmail.co.uk' Keighley schofield

Hi, i have booked a holiday online with thomsons today (1/7/15), however as the payment was going through , it timed out and left me with no booking reference or booking confirmation!
    I have checked with my bank and they have confirmed that the transaction is pending. Could i please have booking confirmation or a refund so i can book the holiday again. Thanks.

• daniel.oneill@thomson.co.uk' Daniel Oneill

Hello, If you can email cares@thomson.co.uk with the details of your holiday a member of the team will be able to take a look into this for you. ^Daniel

16. dawnronnie@sky.com' Dawn Ronnie

My husband booked a holiday online departing 16th Aug 2015 to Anna Beach, Thassos. Unfortunately, he was unaware that he would be charged to amend the pre-paid extra luggage weight. There was no warning on the website when he changed it (changed from 25 kilos to 20 kilos per person). I am appalled that this charge was over £40 (this amendment was within a few hours of booking) Is it possible to just amend the extra kilos to 25 again without any amendment charge? Thanks

17. lyn.rich@blueyonder.co.uk' Lynda Rich

Booking ref 1527/27186

Hello 4 of us are going to riu montego bay on sept 4th from birmingham. I phoned our thomson shop and spoke to harvey to see if we could upgrade our hotel to the riu palace next door as it is adult only, he looked into it and said we could and it would cost a further £878 + £50 each administration fee, which was fine. when he tried to complete it last night, it wouldn’t allow him to, he even phoning someone for help a few times it seems as we booked it a while ago and the computer system has changed it will not let him make the changes for the old system bookings without cancelling our booking including the flights etc and rebooking it. I am defiantly not going to risk that as we have already booked our premium seats. We only want to change to the next hotel nothing else, The manager is going to try for us along with the other manager but on Saturday, but we are so dissapointed And can’t stop thinking about it.

I don’t know if you a can do anything or shed any light on what can be done or how they can do it.
    Surely there must be a way without cancelling everything which seems ridiculous and not very good for loyal customer service.

• lyn.rich@blueyonder.co.uk' Lynda Rich

It’s all sorted now thank you

• melanie.james@thomson.co.uk' Melanie James

Hi Lynda, Our holidays are packaged up so we would only be able to amend your booking to the new one if there is a package available. From what you have explained, it would appear that we do not have the availability for the flights so for us to book the hotel you wish we would need to cancel the existing booking to release the flights and then rebook them under the new package. This is risky as there would be no way of preventing another customer from booking your released flights before us. I hope this has helped in clarifying this.

18. sharon.tomlinsonst@gmail.com' Sharon Tomlinson

Hi, we are flying to Thailand in november and have booked premium,i know that the lounge is included but do we need to book a time slot ?

• daniel.oneill@thomson.co.uk' Daniel Oneill

Hello Sharon, You will be able to use the lounge when check in opens for your flight on the day. This means you’ll be able to use the lounge 3 hours prior to travel. ^Daniel

19. gillyw70@hotmail.com' P Clarke

Booking ref 2111/415126
    The holiday was 26 May to 9 June and I still haven’t received my apd refund of £142, I’ve tried ringing your contact number but it goes on to say the office is closed and hangs up, even when I ring it between 8-5. Please can you advise when I can expect a refund, I was advised in April it would be soon and it’s 1st July today.
    Regards Paul Clarke

Hi, I am sorry to hear you’ve not yet received your refund. I have looked at your booking and can see this is pending. I have now raised this and the refund has been actioned. Thank you for your patience. ^Gemma

20. beachino@hotmail.com' scott geddes

hi

we are flyin to Salou with 2 kids on 05/09/2015. are we entitled to child air tax refund?

Booking reference is 2666/570066, flight reference 4234537

regards
    scott geddes

Hi Scott, Looking at your booking I cannot see this has been refunded. I will get this raised with the relevant team. Thank you for your continued patience. ^Gemma

21. pennydiamond70@googlemail.com' Penny

Hi I am looking for a contact number to discuss working as a Thomson Gold fly out singer? I’m finding it difficult to find a contact . I do a blondie tribute in the uk.
    Please check out my website
    Atomicblonde.co.uk
    I was on Harry hill stars in their eyes this year so please have a look
    Penny diamond

22. shopaholic.karen@hotmail.co.uk' Karen jones

To David Burling ceo, dear sir we booked a cruise on 24/1/15, at your broughtonchesterretail park branch paid our deposit with Darren the so called cruise expert checked all the details and the left . We Checked our details on Saturday morning only to find that your employee had made a mistake and printed the wrong dates and times off and your branch manager has admitted it is Thompsons fault so we have lost our cruise and flights as we cannot fly on the dates your employee should have booked we have all the documents so where does that leave us are we to be compensated and also your branch manager said to us would we like to book a cruise for next year you can imagine how upset we are . I wonder if I put all this on social media what your customers about to book with Thompsons would think !! Your branch manager promise to ring us back after contacting head office we are still waiting he had not even been in touch with us please please will you sort out the terrible mistake your company has made we await your response.

Hi Karen, I am sorry to hear this. Can you please provide me with your booking details so we can look into this and chase with your store. Can you send this through email to cares@thomson.co.uk Thank you. ^Gemma

23. lynn-nash@hotmail.co.uk' Lynn Nash

Would it be possible to advise me when the prices and availability of your villa holidays are ready to book for 2016

Lynn

Hi Lynn, Unfortunately a date has not been confirmed as of yet. ^Gemma

24. cutepetal2005@hotmail.co.uk' Melissa bazeley

Hi here are the complementary drinks as and when you want or is it just when the trolley goes by thanks

Hi Melissa, The drinks service on long haul economy cabin are complimentary. In the economy cabin there will be the 2 normal drinks/bar service and customers can have soft and alcoholic drinks from this cart. There will also be water services and then passengers can choose between tea, coffee, wine or water with the meal service too. If customers do require another drink aside from the bar services, they can go to the galley and as long as there is a member of staff that is free from doing other duties, they will be able to get another drink. Hope this answers your enquiry. Thank you ^Gemma

25. jade.johns@live.com' Jade johns

Hello. Do you do wedding at the blue lagoon princess ? We will be looking to get married September 2016.

• chantelle.sambrook@thomson.co.uk' Chantelle Sambrook

Hi Jade, Unfortunately we do not offer Weddings at Blue Lagoon Princess. Please feel free to take a look at the gorgeous hotels we offer here – po.st/tavnbR.

26. nigelsgamble@gmail.com' Nigel Gamble

I have booked a holiday through you, booking ref, 3002367 departing this Saturday.

I do not appear to have been refunded the air passenger duty I paid for my son who is aged 10.

Please can you confirm when this will be done.

Nigel Gamble

Hi Nigel, APD refunds are for all bookings that booked before the 08th December. Bookings that were made after this date were already adjusted to reflect the APD amount. ^Gemma

27. robertstrbrts@aol.com' tracy roberts

Can you please tell me is the suite princess still going to be adults only in june 2016 had a fantastic holiday there this june but heard a rumor that it might be going to be family hotel instead

• chantelle.sambrook@thomson.co.uk' Chantelle Sambrook

Hi Tracy, Hotel Suite Princess in Gran Canaria will only remain adult’s-only until April 2016.

28. tia@tiastreasures.net' Tia

I am writing on behalf of myself Tia age 10, my Mum Lisa and a group of Friends who are fundraising to raise funds for a specialist wheelchair for a 4 year old local boy who has Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy which is a progressive disease with no cure therefore life expectancy is dramatically shortened.

We will be holding various fundraising events over the next few months therefore we are looking for the support of local businesses who would kindly offer a prize for a Raffle or Tombola.

We would be very grateful if you could support us in anyway.

Thank you for taking the time to read.

Love Tia
    x

• chantelle.sambrook@thomson.co.uk' Chantelle Sambrook

Hi Tia, I’m sorry to advise, we can’t help with individual requests for support because we’re committed to partnerships with a number of charities through our fundraising programme. We support: Tommy’s, The Family Holiday Association and Born Free Foundation. In addition, Thomson Airways staff nominate a charity local to where they’re based, to help through collections on our flights. Nevertheless, we wish you the best with your fundraising.

29. GAllen@educ.somerset.gov.uk' Mrs G Allen

Looking for Christmas holiday in the carribbean , have to be back to work on 4.1.16.
    Ideally leave from Bristol/Exeter from 22.12.15 for 10 nights.

Hi Mrs Allen, I am sorry but we are unable to provide prices due to fluctuation. Please visit our website http://www.thomson.co.uk for the latest prices and availability. Thank you ^Gemma

30. freddiewoolland@msn.com' F Woolland

I’ve just tried to check in for my flight tomorrow with my girlfriend. Flying from Gerona to London. We’ve been told repeatedly over the past hour that check in is not open yet. This is not a drama if we are able to check in at the airport tomorrow at no extra cost and can sit next to each other. Please acknowledge this message as confirmation that we have tried to check in but cannot on account of a faulty system. Thanks.

Hi, I am sorry for the delay in our response. Due to the recent incident in Tunisia we were prioritising these. We do hope you are having a wonderful holiday. ^Gemma