Join The Live Chat On Lapland Holidays

Jingle all the way to Lapland with Thomson this winter…

This winter, for the first time, Thomson is launching its own Lapland programme offering both day and stay trips to three different resorts. With Christmas fast approaching, what better time to plan a trip to Lapland and go and see Santa for yourself?

To celebrate the launch, we will be hosting a live webchat this Friday on 18th November at 1PM, where our team of experts will be online to answer any questions you may have. Whether you’re going to Lapland this winter, have always wanted to go, or would just like a bit more information, our team will be able to point you in the right direction.

Best of all we will be giving away a £250 Thomson Foreign Exchange card to one lucky contributor to the webchat.

We’ve just launched our new Facebook page, so come and take a look and tell us what you think. And don’t forget, Like us for all the latest news, offers, competitions and more.

365 replies to "“Join The Live Chat On Lapland Holidays”"

1. Paul Wood says: 23/03/2014 at 09:04

hi I’ve booked the snowy wilderness hotel Pallas Lapland on the 21/3/2013 booking ref ******** , I’m just after more info please, what thermal clothing is included, have we in-flight meals included? how long is the flight? when can I pre book flight seats.

• Lisa-Marie @Thomson says: 25/03/2014 at 03:38

Hi Paul, All thermal clothing will be included. As the flight is about 1 hour 40 mins flight meals aren’t included.

2. Jes says: 11/03/2014 at 21:08

Hi, I just want to know what is the itinerary for 5 nights for travel on the 24th of Dec-2014? Thanks.

• Lisa-Marie @Thomson says: 12/03/2014 at 07:07

Hi Jes, If you come back to us a bit closer to the time we’ll have some further updates for you. It’s a bit early at the moment.

3. Lauren says: 07/02/2014 at 20:37

we are going to christmas cottages for christmas period this year 2014, is the gala meal held on christmas day if not is a chrismas dinner on offer?

• Dan @Thomson says: 08/02/2014 at 03:14

Hi Lauren, Where possible they do try and arrange the gala meal to happen on Christmas Day for our Christmas stay trips.

4. Fiona says: 01/02/2014 at 00:22

I would like to book the 5 night trip from birmingham to lapland this year (departing 24.12.2014). Could you please tell me if there is any special itinerary for Christmas Day itself or is it following the itinerary plan for normal Lapland holidays?

• Dan @Thomson says: 01/02/2014 at 14:17

Hi Fiona, You’ll usually follow the same itinerary as our standard Lapland stay trips except Christmas Day is a free day, plus the Gala Dinner will normally be arranged for this day.

5. Nikki says: 31/01/2014 at 22:57

Is there any pictures of the snow gear thomson provide you with? Is it nice or a bit naff? Bit concerned as fashion conscious daughter & husband in toe! Can anyone pass comment?

• Christina @Thomson says: 01/02/2014 at 02:38

Hi Nikki, We’ve not any photos of the snow gear ourselves – but those who’ve been may be able to share some photos with you.

6. mj says: 14/01/2014 at 12:41

Hi ,we are booked to stay in a levi cabin dec 2014,could you please advise if the sofa bed in lounge is a single or a double,thanks.

• mj says: 14/01/2014 at 12:42

We have the cabin that sleeps seven.

• Sammi @Thomson says: 14/01/2014 at 15:48

Hi MJ, If you provide me with your booking reference, I’ll check this for you.

• mj says: 15/01/2014 at 18:28

Booking ref is *,thanks.

• Sammi @Thomson says: 20/01/2014 at 12:55

Hi MJ, I’ve checked your booking and your log cabin sleeps up to 7 people with twin beds in the downstairs bedroom, 3 beds in the upstairs bedroom, a bed in the mezzanine, and a sofa-bed in the lounge area. If you’ve any other queries, you’re welcome to get in touch.

7. Nikki says: 31/12/2013 at 15:43

Hi, I went with first choice for a week in lapland a couple of years ago and first choice sorted out clothing and boots for us to wear. This year we want to book your log cabins in ruka lapland for a week, can we still get the clothing and boots or do we have to take our own?

• James @Thomson says: 05/01/2014 at 03:52

Hi Nikki, I’m sure you had a great time in Lapland and will only be guaranteed the same when you return this year! Everything remains the same in terms of us providing clothing for you whilst you’re in Finland.

8. john says: 26/12/2013 at 10:02

Hi we’re travelling on 29 dec booking ref please could you let us know what our itinerary is as we would like to book some excursion. Many thanks

• Elaine @Thomson says: 30/12/2013 at 02:26

Hi John, I’m sorry we were unable to get back to you before you travelled on your holiday. I hope that you have a lovely time in Lapland.

9. Sandra says: 24/12/2013 at 20:12

Having a lovely trip to Saariselka at Geilas hotel. My big disappointment was the santa. After all the build up telling my 6 yo she was going to meet the real santa he was a bitter disappointment. Fake beard and dirty scruffy clothes. Santa looked 100 times better at uk lapland. We paid good money for this trip and this is one area Thomson should have got right. Didnt like them giving out a thomson dog either that didnt feel right. The real Santa wouldn’t be giving out a thomson gimick. We asked my daughter if she was pleased to see the real santa and she said ” I dont think so did you see his face close up?” He was too young and the santa that visited her school was better. This one thing and I must say THE MOST IMPORTANT THING has really let you down Thomson.

• Samantha @Thomson says: 28/12/2013 at 15:36

It’s a real shame to hear this, Sandra. Since returning home, have you raised your concerns with our After Travel Team?

• Sandra says: 29/12/2013 at 01:04

Not yet but I will be. I’m even more angry now after seeing our friends photos with Santa who visited him about an hour before us. They said he was magical and you can see why. He looks just the part so how can Thomson switch Santa’s knowing the difference.all the Santa’s should look exactly the same. Not some in cheap dirty clothing with bad fake apparel and others looking truly authentic even to an adult.

10. debbie says: 20/12/2013 at 09:10

What happens to our coats and shoes once we have got the thermal suits ? Also are snow boots provided?

• Dan @Thomson says: 21/12/2013 at 16:32

Hi Debbie, If you’re on a day trip then you’ll get changed at the clothing area and leave your coats and shoes there until you return later in the day. For stay trips you’ll collect all your thermal clothing then head to your hotel where you can get changed and leave your clothes. We provide all thermal clothing including snow boots.

11. Wendy says: 19/12/2013 at 10:25

Hi, just returned from 3 nights in Rovaniemi, staying at the Scandic Hotel and we had a wonderful time – thank you very much! We (2 adults) enjoyed it just as much as any of the children!.
    Could I make one suggestion please.. on our third day our trip was to Santa Village AND Santa Park but this was on a very strict time schedule, which allowed us only just over one hour in Santa Village and probably around two hours in Santa Park. Even us two big kids who didn’t travel with children, found this time frame to be nowhere near long enough to relax and enjoy what both parks had to offer (especially in Santa Village). Please could I recommend for your future trips that this particular excursion is extended to return to the hotels maybe mid afternoon at the earliest.
    Thanks again and please gave a great big pat on the back to our Elf ‘Snowy Sam’ who was absolutely wonderful!

• Elaine @Thomson says: 19/12/2013 at 23:35

Hi Wendy, I’m so pleased to hear that you had a lovely time in Lapland. And thanks for the feedback. I’ll be sure to pass your comments on. I hope you go onto enjoy future holidays with us.

12. bb says: 18/12/2013 at 01:04

Hi Lisa, i am thinking of booking a lapland santa 3 night holiday at sokos hotel levi on sat 20 dec 2014 with my kids 3 and 9. Can you tell me if this package includes a private meeting with santa?

Thanks.

• Elaine @Thomson says: 18/12/2013 at 23:46

Hi, Thanks for your query. Yes all packages include a private meeting with Santa. If you’ve got any further questions please let me know.

13. Michelle says: 15/12/2013 at 16:50

Hi, my husband & I & our five year old daughter are travelling to levi on the 22nd December to Boxing Day to come & see santa which is included in our trip. Could you tell me what the itinerary is & if its the santa villiage that is included? Also what is included in thermal wear as I have read different to what I have been told (on here it says suits, boots, socks, hat,gloves but told on the live chat suit, boots & can’t remember if it was gloves or socks)do you know what colour the snowsuits for adults & children are? Do we need suncream this time of year as I know the sun reflects of the snow but I know there’s not a lot of sunshine.
    Also are their mosquittos this time of year?

Sorry for all the questions

Michelle

• Michelle says: 15/12/2013 at 18:19

Hi, can you confirm that a christmas gala meal is included at our hotel like it says on your website as i have just read on a previous post from someone else on here staying at the same hotel (holiday club levi apartments ) for the same dates(22-26 December 2013) that they don’t get a christmas meal as they are self catering

• Elaine @Thomson says: 17/12/2013 at 23:44

Hi Michelle, I’ve checked this for you and the gala meal is included in a self-catering holiday. If you’ve got any further questions please let me know and I hope that you have a lovely time in Lapland.

• Adam @Thomson says: 16/12/2013 at 04:50

Hi Michelle, before I can give details regarding your booking can you please give us your reference number to see what has been booked. Thank you.

• Michelle says: 16/12/2013 at 09:42

Is it ok to put my booking reference on here or shall I private message it to you?

Michelle

• Adam @Thomson says: 17/12/2013 at 02:54

Hi Michelle, You can put it here, we wont allow it to appear in public.

• Michelle says: 17/12/2013 at 12:05

My booking reference is ***

• Michelle says: 17/12/2013 at 12:10

my booking reference is *******

• Amanda @Thomson says: 17/12/2013 at 12:36

Hi Michelle, Can you please message us at cares@thomson.co.uk with your reference and your query.

14. Sandra says: 15/12/2013 at 06:24

Can we get devices to tell us if northern lights appear?

• Dan @Thomson says: 15/12/2013 at 16:23

Hi Sandra, I’m not aware of any devices that will do that but you can always ask the Holiday Advisors for advice when you’re there.

15. Lorraine says: 13/12/2013 at 16:46

Hi, I’ve booked the Snowy Wilderness Lodge in Pallas today for next December on a full board basis, but last year my sister and her family stayed there and it was all inclusive. Why has it changed? Thanks, Lorraine

• Elaine @Thomson says: 13/12/2013 at 23:50

Hi Lorraine, Thanks for your query. Our contracts are regularly reviewed with hotels and sometimes amendments will be made. I’m sorry for any inconvenience that we no longer offer this hotel on an all inclusive basis. If you’ve got any further questions please let me know and I hope that you go onto have a lovely time in Lapland.

• Lorraine says: 14/12/2013 at 13:42

Hi Elaine. Thank you for your reply. I booked this hotel on recommendation from my sister and am very happy with my choice. However, I understand that the hotel is very cut off, therefore we have no access to other bars, shops etc, so the hotel very much have a captive market in it’s guests. Having heard that wine, beer, etc in Finland is very expensive I am very concerned to how much extra for a party of 5, soft drinks, hot beverages and alcoholic drinks are going to cost us over 4 nights. When I’ve read reviews on the hotel, one of the positives that has been pointed out is the all inclusive element of the holiday and how pleased people were with it as drinks are very expensive in Finland. It seems very odd that you have changed something that worked very well and was received well by your customers. Also, I’ve read in reviews that your past customers are going to book again for the same hotel as they had such a wonderful time. Maybe something as small as taking away the all inclusive element will stop them from doing so. I know my sister was shocked when I told her as she too said that it worked so well because the hotel is in the middle of nowhere and you have no access to other bars or shops. That said, we are all very excited and looking forward to going, even though it is a year away! Thanks, Lorraine

16. Sarah T says: 10/12/2013 at 13:35

Hi there – we are going to Rovaniemi on Sunday for a classic 3 night stay at Santa CLaus Hotel and dont know who’s more excited me or my daughter :o )
    On the Monday morning we do the taster sessions of dog sleighing etc and are free in the afternoon. Would we be able to go to Santa Village in the afternoon or do we do Santa Village as well as Santa Park on the Tuesday before the gala meal in the evening? Thanks

• Leanne @Thomson says: 11/12/2013 at 01:25

Hi Sarah, It’s great to hear that you’re looking forward to your holiday. On the Tuesday you’ll visit Santa Park and Santa Claus Village, on Monday afternoon you have free time to explore or just have some down time.

17. Sandra says: 09/12/2013 at 18:08

Please can you advise if its possible to have a small Christmas tree in our room for when we arrive?

• Leanne @Thomson says: 11/12/2013 at 01:07

Hi Sandra, Unfortunately we cannot provide Christmas trees for customers.

18. Lorraine says: 09/12/2013 at 17:20

Hello, we are staying at the crazy reindeer hotel on 11th – 15th December and wanted to know if we save money booking excursions online before we arrive and also can you send a full itinerary for the days we are there, we were told our daughter would have a private meeting with santa and go to the post office and toy factory but every time we ask we get told different :(

• Elaine @Thomson says: 12/12/2013 at 01:38

Hi Lorraine, The excursions will be a similar cost both in resort and pre booking.

When you arrive at the airport, you’ll be given you snow clothes. You’ll then be taken to your hotel by Santa’s elves. You’ve then got the afternoon free to do as you please.

On day 2 you’ll get a crash course in Lappish culture in the morning’s taste sessions. You can take a short husky sleigh ride and have a go a snowmobile. One of Santa’s elves will tell you a story around the fire, too. The afternoon is for you spend how you fancy.

On day 3, you can choose your own things to do. You can try some of our excursions, including the Elf Adventure, which takes place at Kittila’s incredible Snow Village and included loads of outdoor activities.

On day 4 you’ll head to Santa’s activity area for a day of festive fun. You’ll also get a private meeting with Santa. You’ll then finish the day off with the gala dinner.

19. Sandra says: 09/12/2013 at 10:58

Myself, husband and daughter of six years are booked to stay at the Santa’s Hotel Tunturi Gielas in Saariselka from 22nd to 26th Dec. please can you tell me will my daughter get to visit Santa before Christmas to either give her list to him or if anyway to make sure he has it when we visit. I am worried she won’t get to visit him before Christmas Day to tell him what she wants. Thank you

• Leanne @Thomson says: 10/12/2013 at 02:38

Hi Sandra, I’ve checked the itinerary for your trip, and you should meet Santa on the second day when you do your taster activities at Santa’s Resort. So your daughter should have chance to meet Santa before Christmas day.

• Sandra says: 10/12/2013 at 15:48

Thank you is there any way for Santa to have my daughter’s letter when we get to meet him?

• Leanne @Thomson says: 11/12/2013 at 01:29

Hi Sandra, If you speak to your holiday advisor upon arrival they will be able to arrange for the letters to be given to Santa before the children visit him.

• Sandra says: 11/12/2013 at 21:32

Please can you help with organising our trips. We want to book three trips: Husky Trail Blazers, Reindeer Safari and Elf Adventure but unsure how we can fit them in? As they are not available every day is it possible to do one of them on our second day, the day we visit Santa’s resort and then the other two on our third day. Preferably reindeer safari on 23rd and the elf adventure and huskys on 24th. Thank You

• Elaine @Thomson says: 12/12/2013 at 01:39

Hi Sandra, If you can please provide your booking details I can check this for you.

• Sandra says: 12/12/2013 at 12:56

Ref no is this enough?

• Elaine @Thomson says: 12/12/2013 at 23:55

Hi Sandra, As you’ve made your booking with one of our stores, all amendments to your booking will have to be made with them. If you contact them directly they’ll be able to help you with this. I hope that you have a lovely time in Lapland.

• Sandra says: 15/12/2013 at 06:21

They werent able to help though. Said I could book one on. 23rd ( husky or reindeers) and then elf adv and the other one on 24th but didnt know if that would actually fit in. Does that sound ok? Please advise.

• Adam @Thomson says: 16/12/2013 at 04:48

Hi Sandra, As my colleague advised you’ll need to speak with your store as they have all your options available. Not all escursions are guarenteed to be available depending on what you’ve booked.

20. Elsie says: 08/12/2013 at 23:35

Hi, please can you tell me exactly what you provide to wear? Are boots and hats included? And how do I find out details and prices for excursions before we arrive?

• Leanne @Thomson says: 09/12/2013 at 00:57

Hi Elsie, The resort will provide Thermal snowsuits, snow boots, balaclava, gloves and 1 pair of thick socks. If infants are travelling, then you’ll need to bring your own thermal clothing for the infant, as we’re unable to provide suits for customers under 86cm. You can view and book Lapland excursions here – http://www.thomsonexcursions.co.uk/.

21. Adele Robinson says: 08/12/2013 at 01:54

Hi, were travelling to the snowflake hotel in a week. Can you tell me what is suitable to wear on the airplane. Also I have bought a small present that I would like Father Christmas to give to my son as his xmas gift, is this going to be possible?

• Leanne @Thomson says: 11/12/2013 at 01:11

Hi Adele, I would recommend wearing normal flight clothes on the plain as you don’t want to overheat i.e jeans and a jumper but wear an extra vest and ensure you have plenty of layers to put on when getting off the plane i.e coat, hat, scarf etc. Unfortunately we cannot give Father Christmas specific presents to give to children, as if other children find out what your son got they may get upset.

22. Marc says: 07/12/2013 at 21:09

Hi, I am travelling to saariselka on the 18.12.13 with a 4 & 7 year old. I wanted to ask if the thermal clothing we are given includes hats and gloves? Also, is there anyway of giving Santa the actual Xmas letter/list that my children have written? I’m sure I have read somewhere that people have done this? The grandparents are travelling with us and wil want to visit the local shops etc, is there much shopping available in resort, or is it just a few souvenir type shops in saariselka?

• Leanne @Thomson says: 11/12/2013 at 01:09

Hi Marc, Yes, the thermal clothing includes hats and gloves. If you speak to your holiday advisor upon arrival they will be able to arrange for the letters to be given to Santa before the children visit him.

There isn’t much in the way of shops in Saariselka, there are a few souvenir shops but that’s about it as it is quite secluded.

• Marc says: 13/12/2013 at 20:56

Thank you – are you able to tell me where the “closest” resort is where they will find a bigger selection of shops? Is it a taxi ride? If so, approx cost of return taxi journey?
        Alternatively I’m assuming there are plenty of shops when we visit Santa land/village?
        Appreciate you help…

23. dave says: 06/12/2013 at 23:11

We are traveling to levi on 15 dec, could you tell us at what point we receive the thermal clothing, and also when we give it back? Also, what time is the welcome meeting?

• Elaine @Thomson says: 07/12/2013 at 07:01

Hi Dave, The clothing will be given to you when you arrive at the airport and you’ll also return them at the airport, on your return. I’m unable to advise what time the welcome meeting is, as this will depend on the hotel. This information will be given to you by the Resort Team when you arrive. If you’ve got any further questions please let me know and I hope that you have a lovely time in Lapland.

24. STUART BROWN says: 06/12/2013 at 10:44

HI PLEASE CAN YOU TELL ME IF ALL THERMAL WEAR IS CLEANED EACH TIME BEFORE ITS GIVEN OUT AGAIN. ALSO CAN YOU TELL ME IF THERE ARE PLACES TO GET LUNCH AS WE ARE GOING HALF BOARD ? AND WHAT ARE THE AVERAGE PRICES FOR LUNCH. MANY THANKS

• Elaine @Thomson says: 07/12/2013 at 06:01

Hi Stuart, All of the clothing that is provided will be thoroughly clean before it’s given to you. There are plenty of places to eat in the resort. Prices vary, but prices are similar to the UK. I hope this helps and if you’ve got any more questions please let me know. I hope that you have a wonderful time in Lapland.

25. judi says: 06/12/2013 at 10:28

judi says:05/12/2013 at 11:24
    Hi, we are coming this sun for 3 nights staying at the Sirkantähti hotel Levi. Will gala meal be at hotel or another venue?,I have also seen mixed advice on how much to dress up for this. The other question is do we get in the thermal gear at airport and if so do we put it on there or in resort? I’m traveling on my own with 3 children and just trying to figure it all out! Thanks

• Elaine @Thomson says: 07/12/2013 at 05:49

Hi Jude, The gala meal will be at the hotel that you’re staying at. There is no dress code for the gala meals, so I’d suggest smart casual. Also the thermal clothing is given to you when you arrive at the airport. You’ll be able to then put this on at the airport, as the weather will be very cold. I hope this helps and if you’ve got any further questions please let me know. I hope that you have a lovely time in Lapland.

26. Lisa says: 06/12/2013 at 10:01

I’m traveling to lapland on the 29th dec with my husband and staying at the Crazy Raindeer Hotel for 3 nights. I’m concerned about booking excursions, we would love to do the following things;
    -huskys
    -raihdeers
    -snowmobiles
    -Northen Lights if possible
    Are we best to book through a rep here or wait until we get there. I’m aware we only have two full days. Any advice would be great.

Many thanks !

• Elaine @Thomson says: 07/12/2013 at 05:58

Hi Lisa, These are all great excursions. It may be best to discuss these with your Holiday Advisor when you arrive in resort. They’ll then be able to advise you how much free time you have and the times of the excursions. If you’ve got any further questions please let me know and I hope that you have a lovely holiday.