Home » Behind-The-Scenes » E-ticketing Now Available At Thomson And First Choice…

E-ticketing Now Available At Thomson And First Choice…

Tuesday 1st November was an important date in the calendar here at Thomson and First Choice HQ. That’s when we embraced the hi-tech world of e-ticketing.

E-tickets are now available for anyone who’s booked a beach holiday on either thomson.co.uk or firstchoice.co.uk. Instead of sending you a mini ticket booklet through the post, we’ll email your tickets – and any associated travel vouchers – as a pdf attachment around six weeks before you’re due to fly. You can then either print off your tickets from the email or, if it’s more convenient, print them from your own personalised website, ‘mythomson’ or ‘myfirstchoice’ . If you’d like a bit more information about how these websites work, click here.

Two of the big benefits of e-ticketing are…

• It’s Easy It means you can keep everything online, from booking your holiday to receiving your tickets.

• It’s Better For The Environment It helps us meet our Holidays Forever commitments by cutting down on the amount of paper we use and reducing our carbon emissions.

First In Line…

To mark the launch, we dished out gifts to our very first e-ticket customers at Manchester and Gatwick airports.

Mr and Mrs Sharp Manchester Airport
Mr and Mrs Sharp from Leeds area

Mr and Mrs Sharp, from the Leeds area, checked in for their flight to Malaga at 3.20am on 1st November. The couple – who flew from Manchester – are spending a week at the Angela Hotel in Fuengirola. They’re loyal Thomson customers and were first to use the new e-ticketing system, giving lots of positive feedback in the process.

The Sharps enjoyed a glass of bubbly at the Thomson and First Choice check-in desk, plus they got a £30 Thomson Airways voucher to spend onboard their flight.

Mr and Mrs Smith Gatwick Airport
Mr and Mrs Smith over at Gatwick

Over at Gatwick, Mr and Mrs Smith, and their grandson, checked in for their flight to Alicante at 3am on the same day.

They found the new e-ticketing system really easy to understand, too. They went on their way with a bottle of bubbly and £30 of Thomson Airways vouchers.

Here’s what some of our other customers had to say about the new e-tickets…

“The new e-tickets are better because you don’t worry about your tickets not turning up in the post.”

“It was very easy to log in to myfirstchoice and print off my e-ticket.”

2,658 Responses to “E-ticketing Now Available At Thomson And First Choice…”

1. tancredgravel@btconnect.com' Alan Maidstone

With reference to my E.Mail of 7th June regarding the difficulty in reading the down loaded tickets. I am pleased to say that i have downloaded them on a friends printer and all is in order. Sit back and count the days to take off.

2. sophiecogs1@aol.com' sophie corrigan

I am due to fly to tererife on Friday but I have only received one ticket booklet for a party of five is this correct or should we have individual ones

• Rhiannon@Thomson

Hi Sophie, Your e-ticket will be for all 5 passengers and their names should be included in the passenger details part of the document. Have a fantastic time in Tenerife and if you have any further questions, please let me know.

3. laurahitch@live.co.uk' Laura

This might sound like a silly question, but the e-tickets just basically have my holiday info on them? Doesn’t look like a ‘ticket’ as such just pieces of paper with writing on.

Sounds daft but is this correct? Never travelled with Thomson before

Thank-you

• Rhiannon@Thomson

Hi Laura, Your e-ticket will contain information such as passenger details, accommodation details and your contract with us. You should also have ‘your travel document’ in the right hand corner of the page. I hope that helps.

4. jasonperry24@msn.com' jason

Hi there i have just received my travel documents for tenerife i go on friday collected them from the shop its a little blue booklet with all our details in but no actual tickets as such is this all i need to check in ??

• Amanda @Thomson

Hi Jason, Yes, this definitely sounds like your travel documents. There’ll be a page inside with your passenger names, flight details, accommodation details, etc. Just take the booklet along with you to check-in on Friday. I hope you have a brilliant time in Tenerife.

5. zgygreen@talktalk.net' Mrs J Green

As you no longer issue tickets can I also assume that you no longer charge for tod as there is no need for this facility? If you do charge why?

• Amanda @Thomson

Hi Mrs Green, There is a Late Booking Fee for customers travelling within 15 days of booking. This will cover the costs of sorting things quickly for you. This charge is also confirmed within the A-Z guide.

6. cobbadj@btinternet.com' Andrew Cobb

My wife and I are due to fly to Gran Canaria tomorrow, and the e-ticket states that flight departs from Edinburgh at 16:40, however the original confirmation and flight timetables state 15:40. We did call the help number and got though to an India lady who assured us that the e-ticket is correct, but we are still worried. We don’t want to turn up and find that we’ve missed check-in. What is your advice?

• Rhiannon@Thomson

Hi Andrew, I’m sorry that we couldn’t respond to your post before you travelled but I hope you’re having a fantastic time in Gran Canaria.

7. ventsi@withersfarm.co.uk' Anatoliy

I’ve booked tickets for 5 people yesterday, but I have not receive on the email any booking confirmation and now I can’t print the e-tickets. If I try to log in, there is an error message. If I try to send again the tickets to the my email, there is the same message (We’re sorry you are having trouble accessing the site, and want to help you further. First, please read the below to check that you will be able to access the website:). The other thing is that my booking reference have not first 4 digit, only the second lot after the slash, where to find the first 4 digit?

• Amanda @Thomson

Hi Anatoliy, It sounds like you’re trying to use the flight reference rather than the package holiday reference. I’ve sent you an email so that I can look into this further with you.

8. nicky37barrow@yahoo.co.uk' Nicole Barrow

I would just like to say that after reading some of the previous comments regarding problems downloading e tickets I was feeling rather apprehensive about them. However, I’m pleased to report that my fears proved to be unfounded as opening and printing the e ticket document proved to be simplicity itself. I thought I might have trouble opening the document as the software on the computer I was using is an old version but it all worked fine. I’m now relaxed and looking forward to 2 weeks in Zante. 36 days to go and counting! :-)

• Rhiannon@Thomson

That’s great news, Nicole. Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. Have a fantastic time in Zante. Only 33 days to go!

• lauren.murphy000@hotmail.co.uk' Lauren

See you there, I’m going on the 19th July for 2 weeks!!!

9. tancredgravel@btconnect.com' Alan Maidstone

Just downloaded my travel documents in black & white but they are very difficult to read. Nothing wrong with my printer. I am wondering whether or not they will be acceptable at check in.

• Rhiannon@Thomson

Hi Alan, Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Black and White will be fine and will be accepted at check-in.

10. hayley.fry@kraftfoods.com' Hayley Fry

I have recieved my e-tickets but not my Disney Park passes from my local Thompson Travel Agent !
    Do I collect from the Disney Hotel at checking or should I off received them before hand.

• Rhiannon@Thomson

Hi Hayley, You won’t have your attraction tickets included in your e-tickets but if you’re staying in a Disney hotel, you”ll get them on your key card. I hope that helps.

• jmesafc@hotmail.com' Jaymee Mustard

I also booked my theme park tickets with yourselves (Universal, Disney and Seaworld) but am not staying in a Disney hotel. I understand I travel using the e-tickets and recieve my theme park tickets at the resort but I was wondering when? And how soon after I land because as you can appreciate, I have a busy holiday and would need them almost immediately. Any help would be great thanks.

• Amarita@Thomson

Hi Jaymee, You receive the theme park tickets in your welcome pack when you arrive into resort. All of our customer’s arriving into Sanford need to see a rep as soon as they land in our Thomson Information Centre within Sanford Airport. The rep will then give you a welcome pack with all of your details including any pre-booked tickets. ^Amarita

11. josephashton08@yahoo.com' joe ashton

we fly out on tuesday we have started to pack but we cant find the tickets what do i do

• Amanda @Thomson

Hi Joe, I’m sorry that I was unable to respond prior to your departure date. I hope that you managed to resolve your ticketing issue and that you’ve gone on to have an enjoyable holiday.

12. stefaniegwilliam@hotmail.co.uk' Stefanie Gwilliam

I go on holiday on Sunday, received the travel document a few weeks since, is that my tickets? (I did not book online).

• Rhiannon@Thomson

Hi Stefanie, Sorry we couldn’t get to your comment sooner. Your travel document would have been your e-tickets. I hope you’re having a fantastic holiday.

13. smander008@btinternet.com' Stuart Mander

I have my eticket but forgot to put on it that I will be taking hand luggage(board-0kg), can i still do this at the airport and check it in??

• Rhiannon@Thomson

Hi Stuart, I’m not sure what you mean. All of our customers get 5kg of hand luggage as standard. Please let me know if I can help further.

14. kazsmith_101@msn.com' karen smith

I do not have a printer how do I get my E-ticket????

• Rhiannon@Thomson

Hi Karen, If you don’t own a printer you would need to speak to family or friends to print your e-ticket. Alternatively, customers may be able to use their local library if they don’t have a printer at home.

15. alysonpem@talktalk.net' alyson pemberton

I printed my e-ticket last year, since then my flight times have change and I havent recieved new tickets we fly on the 13th june

• Rhiannon@Thomson

Hi Alyson, Have you checked you can’t download new ones on your ‘My Thomson’ page? You just need to log into the website and you can download your tickets there -https://my.thomson.co.uk/Login.aspx. If you have any further problems, please let me know.

16. Loopylou_1989@hotmail.com' Steve wood

We fly out Saturday 9th June we still haven’t received out travel insurance documents.
    Many thanks

• Rhiannon@Thomson

Hi Steve, There’s an option to print this at the time of booking but you can get a copy by going through the booking process again and on the travel insurance page there’s an option to download the ‘policy details’. Hope that helps and have a fantastic holiday on 9th.

17. jenkins.robin@gmail.com' Robin Jenkins

I have received an e-mail inviting me to print my e-ticket. When I clicked on it it took me to the Thomson site but no place can I see that allows me to print my ticket.

Hi Robin,

When you receive your e-ticketing email you can print that straight from your inbox, or you can click on the ‘print now’ button to get a pdf printable version. Alternatively, you can also log into your ‘MyThomson’ page and download your tickets there. Here’s the link if that helps – https://my.thomson.co.uk/Login.aspx

18. darren_patterson@live.co.uk' Darren patterson

forgot to mention that i booked this holiday in a thomsons branch not online hope this helps

• Rhiannon@Thomson

Hi Darren, Sorry just seen your second comment. If you book with a travel agent you won’t necessarily get an email confirmation as it depends what system your booking was made on. I’d recommend checking with the agent to see whether you should have an email confirmation or whether you’ll be getting one in the post.

19. darren_patterson@live.co.uk' Darren patterson

Hiya i was wondering if you could help me? I have a holiday booked for 12th june and have just realised that thomsons had incorrect e-mail address for me but i have rung up to change it today, how long should the e-mail take to reach me.?

20. michellehewett86@aol.co.uk' Michelle

Hi i’ve just downloaded my e-ticket- travel document that states when i fly out and which has the details of what hotel i’m staying at and all the extra’s i’ve paid for is this all i have to take with me or should there be something else along the lines of tickets and also do i recieve any details on my hotel transfer yet again a ticket or is it just what i downloaded. thank you

• Hollie @Thomson

Hi Michelle, Yes, all you’ll need to check-in at the airport and hotel is your e-ticket. If you have transfers included in your package this should show on your e-ticket. The Representative at the Resort airport will also have your party’s details.

21. grigsbyusa@yahoo.com' Karen

With the one single sheet of paper/E-ticket I have printed out – do I use that for both outbound and return flight and to check-in to hotel? As typically they keep regular e-tickets for each leg of flight and our htoel always takes hotel stub?

• Hollie @Thomson

Hi Karen, Yes, your e-ticket will cover both your outbound and inbound flights and also your check-in at the hotel.

22. mjjomar595@googlemail.com' mary jackson

I have recived an e-mail advising me that my e-ticket is ready to print but I do not have a “print e-ticket” tab showing so unable to do so. I have also received a little blue “YOUR TRAVEL DOCUMENTS” booklet of 16 pages – I presume I don’t need to be able to print ticket and that this booklet is all I need to travel. This is very confusing having conflicting information. Please confirm that the booklet is all I need to travel.

• Hollie @Thomson

Hi Mary, Although we’ve moved over to e-tickets, there are still some bookings which will have the old ticket booklets. As you’ve received a booklet through the post, you won’t need to print your e-tickets. I hope this helps.

23. channy_1988@hotmail.co.uk' Chantelle

Hi there.

I have received my e tickets but there are no luggage tags. How do I label my luggage in case it is lost without these?

• Hollie @Thomson

Hi Chantelle, Unfortunately, we no longer provide luggage labels. As an electronic tag is attached to your baggage at check-in you won’t need these.

24. gldouglas@hotmail.co.uk' Gemma Douglas

I have received an email today with my e-tickets attached but am presented with a blank screen when I try to print them off. Can you advise what I need to do to be able to print them?

• Hollie @Thomson

Hi Gemma, I’m sorry to hear you’ve had some problems printing your e-ticket. You can try logging into your My Thomson account and printing your tickets from there. If that doesn’t work then you can just take your original booking confirmation to check-in with you.

25. anthony.bowman@btinternet.com' anthony bowman

i cannot print e-ticket, can i get it from a shop?

• Hollie @Thomson

Hi Anthony, Unfortunately, you won’t be able to print your ticket in a shop. Can I ask why you’re unable to print your tickets?

26. carolr86@yahoo.co.uk' carol rogers

hi ive recieved my e tickets, but there is 5 of us on the ticket, and i have a problem 3 of them will be coming to the airport later than myself. i want to check in and go through to duty free. when they arrive there will be no time to do anything. how can i get round this.

• Hollie @Thomson

Hi Carol, As you are all on one booking reference, all passengers on your ticket will need to be present at check-in. In order to have separate tickets you would have needed to make two different bookings when you booked your holiday.

27. sophiecampbell871@hotmail.co.uk' Sophie Campbell

Hi there,

I am just wondering when our e-tickets will arrive!

We depart on the 24 June. The confirmation says we will receive them 4-5 weeks before we leave, however nothing has come through!

• Hollie @Thomson

Hi Sophie, You should receive an email with your e-tickets any time now. I’d advise that you check your junk folder as the email may drop into there. You can also log into your My Thomson account and print your tickets from there if you don’t receive an email. I hope this helps.

28. mmurphy0610@yahoo.co.uk' Michelle

I am going on holiday on Friday 1st June 2012, and received an e-mail on 22nd April subject E-ticket confirmed flight details to Turkey. Is this all I require to produce at check-in?

Michelle

29. princess.sammie@hotmail.co.uk' michael

i recived my etickets, does that mean i just print these and i do not need any other document with them? nothing should arrive in the post?
    thanks

• Hollie @Thomson

Hi Michael, Yes, you e-ticket is all you’ll need to check-in with. You won’t receive any tickets in the post.

30. j-preece@live.com' j preece

hi i booked over the phone on the 17 th of may and have had no email confirmation of you yet

• Hollie @Thomson

Hi J Preece, I’m sorry to hear that you haven’t received a confirmation of booking. If you contact the shop that you booked over the phone with, they can look into this for you.

31. ian.macd4@hotmail.co.uk' Ian Macdonald

I have an iMac and the e-ticket page, presents as a black screen. I cannot open the pdf file. Can it be sent as a doc file please>

32. Loopylou_1989@hotmail.com' louise

Hi, i’ve just printed off my e-tickets, its my first time flying, so im unsure on a few things; 1) Is the e-ticket my flight tickets or do we get proper tickets at airport when we check in ? 2) we’ve booked travel insurance when we booked hoilday but theres no metion on the print offs? 3) also we booked tickets to a theme park will we recive these tickets at the airport? Many thanks

Hi Louise,

Your e-tickets are your proper tickets so you’ll just need to take these to check-in. If you booked travel insurance, this will come as a separate policy rather than showing on your e-tickets.

In regards to the theme park tickets – is it Florida that you’ve booked? If so, if you’ve booked a Disney hotel you’ll get these on your keycard when you check-in but if it’s a non-Disney hotel, you’ll get these at your welcome meeting.

I hope that helps.

33. abigail@youngservices.co.uk' Abigail Hogg

Hi There, going to malta in 3 weeks time and iv had something called ‘travel documents’ in the post which is a little booklet but doesn’t neccessarily look like tickets, are they? Also i have never received an ‘e-ticket’ notification and dont know where this would be on MyThomson. Help?

• Rhiannon@Thomson

Hi Abigail, If you’ve got ‘travel documents’ then these are definitely your tickets. Although we’ve moved over to e-tickets, there are still a few bookings which are receiving ticket booklets so it sounds like you’ve received one of those. If you were to receive e-tickets, you’ll get an email where you can print them off or you just need to log into MyThomson – https://my.thomson.co.uk/Login.aspx and click on the tab at the left hand side which says ‘download my tickets’.

34. linda.abbotts68@gmail.com' Mrs Linda Abbotts

can you help, I have tried to print my etickets off following the intrustions on the print now panel this has not worked it has only printed the confirmation details, four pages

• Rhiannon@Thomson

Hi Linda, The ‘print now’ button is to download a printable version but if you’ve got your confirmation details which is roughly 4 pages then you’ve printed your e-ticket off. It’ll have passenger details, accommodation details and your contract with us on the pages. Hope that helps.

35. davideverest314@hotmail.co.uk' Diane Everest

I printed my e-ticket today, but unfortunately it is in black and white, is that ok, my new printer is playing up, or will I have to get someone else to print it for me