E-ticketing Now Available At Thomson And First Choice…

Tuesday 1st November was an important date in the calendar here at Thomson and First Choice HQ. That’s when we embraced the hi-tech world of e-ticketing.

E-tickets are now available for anyone who’s booked a beach holiday on either thomson.co.uk or firstchoice.co.uk. Instead of sending you a mini ticket booklet through the post, we’ll email your tickets – and any associated travel vouchers – as a pdf attachment around six weeks before you’re due to fly. You can then either print off your tickets from the email or, if it’s more convenient, print them from your own personalised website, ‘mythomson’ or ‘myfirstchoice’ . If you’d like a bit more information about how these websites work, click here.

Two of the big benefits of e-ticketing are…

• It’s Easy It means you can keep everything online, from booking your holiday to receiving your tickets.

• It’s Better For The Environment It helps us meet our Holidays Forever commitments by cutting down on the amount of paper we use and reducing our carbon emissions.

First In Line…

To mark the launch, we dished out gifts to our very first e-ticket customers at Manchester and Gatwick airports.

Mr and Mrs Sharp Manchester Airport

Mr and Mrs Sharp from Leeds area

Mr and Mrs Sharp, from the Leeds area, checked in for their flight to Malaga at 3.20am on 1st November. The couple – who flew from Manchester – are spending a week at the Angela Hotel in Fuengirola. They’re loyal Thomson customers and were first to use the new e-ticketing system, giving lots of positive feedback in the process.

The Sharps enjoyed a glass of bubbly at the Thomson and First Choice check-in desk, plus they got a £30 Thomson Airways voucher to spend onboard their flight.

Mr and Mrs Smith Gatwick Airport

Mr and Mrs Smith over at Gatwick

Over at Gatwick, Mr and Mrs Smith, and their grandson, checked in for their flight to Alicante at 3am on the same day.

They found the new e-ticketing system really easy to understand, too. They went on their way with a bottle of bubbly and £30 of Thomson Airways vouchers.

Here’s what some of our other customers had to say about the new e-tickets…

“The new e-tickets are better because you don’t worry about your tickets not turning up in the post.”

“It was very easy to log in to myfirstchoice and print off my e-ticket.”

2,535 replies to "“E-ticketing Now Available At Thomson And First Choice…”"

1. Carol says: 20/03/2014 at 20:28

Hi.We go away a lot with Thomson and our 1st holiday is in may.I have been told that from now on you have to print your own boarding passes?And if you don’t you will get charged at airport?I know about the eticket but need to know is this true about the boarding pass?carol

• Leanne @Thomson says: 21/03/2014 at 04:23

Hi Carol, You will be charged if you require your boarding passes to be printed at the airport. You can read more information about our online check in service here – http://bit.ly/1dvxc6X.

• jp says: 21/03/2014 at 14:36

ALL previous answers to this line of question has ALWAYS said NO chares at airport for boarding passes which is correct can you please clarify the position about this for either online checkin or airport checkin or online checkin and collecting boarding pass at airport seems a bit like requirements are made on the move

• Leanne @Thomson says: 22/03/2014 at 04:49

Hi JP, I’ve responded to your other comment.

• jp says: 22/03/2014 at 16:01

how come your call centre say it is done free of charge?

• Leanne @Thomson says: 23/03/2014 at 01:54

Hi JP, I’ll make sure this is fed back to our call centre team, as it does state in our online FAQ’s that there is a charge for this.

• tina says: 26/03/2014 at 20:08

i have been told by not only your pre travel customer service and your twitter reps that you do NOT charge at the airport when checking in but may charge in the future

• Christina @Thomson says: 28/03/2014 at 07:38

Hi Tina, I’ve just double-checked this – and while we do reserve the right to charge customers to print their boarding passes at the airport, we don’t currently charge. Apologies for any confusion around this, but I can confirm that this information is correct.

2. Laura says: 20/03/2014 at 01:06

Hi. I have just selected the seats for our flights as we have paid extra for pre-booked seats. I was just wondering whether I will receive confirmation of this, and if so how long should it take. Thank you.

3. Sylvia Campbell says: 17/03/2014 at 15:34

My printer is linked to a laptop which I am no longer prepared to use for any transactions which have a link to my bank details as it is no longer able to be protected. Therefore at the moment I cannot print my ‘e-ticket’, what should `i do`/

• Natasha @Thomson says: 18/03/2014 at 02:50

Hi Sylvia, can you ask some else to print it for you? Failing that you are able to use your confirmation papers as your E-ticket. If there is anything else we can help with please feel free to get back in touch.

4. Thomas says: 16/03/2014 at 19:50

I have just purchased my flights but have incorrectly entered my email address so will not receive my E-Tickets. how do i change the email address? thanks

• Adam @Thomson says: 17/03/2014 at 07:20

Hi Thomas, Can you send your request and reference number to cares@thomson.co.uk and we’ll amend this for you.

5. Sarah says: 15/03/2014 at 20:31

Hi I’m trying to check in on line, it is asking me for my email address which I am putting in correctly, but it keeps rejecting it. What can I do?

• Adam @Thomson says: 16/03/2014 at 06:47

Hi Sarah, Can you please send your reference number and your query to cares@thomson.co.uk and they’ll have a look for you.

6. j price says: 15/03/2014 at 18:58

apparently the springs hotel vulcano does not have english chanels on satalite tv but has spanish german french italian and russian is this dicrimination under eu laws against the british ?

• James @Thomson says: 17/03/2014 at 12:15

Hi, Thanks for your patience whilst we try to find out the reason’s of not receiving English TV channels whilst in Tenerife. Unfortunately there has been some issues with the satellite’s that are providing these channels in areas of the Canaries, the Balearics and some of mainland Spain. The affected destinations are working on trying to fix them, but unfortunately they’re unable to give a time frame for this.

7. Tess Froggatt says: 15/03/2014 at 13:48

Hi my daughter has just asked me what documents she needs to check in on line, I have told her it is only her booking reference, as she has to take her passport to the airport when she flies out, is this correct?

• Leanne @Thomson says: 15/03/2014 at 15:47

Hi Tess, Your daughter and any others on the booking will need to fill in their Advance Passenger Information (API), which means they will need to fill in her passport details when she checks in online, but you’re correct in thinking they will also need them with them at the airport.

8. David Timson says: 14/03/2014 at 13:53

Why do you not print Flight Times under the Flight Section in MY THOMSON, just a reference to previous correspondence

• Sammi @Thomson says: 15/03/2014 at 13:04

Hi David, Thanks for taking the time to contact us. We’re always looking for ways to improve our website, so I’ll be sure to pass your feedback on to our Web Team.

9. Harold says: 11/03/2014 at 16:40

If you check in online can you still use day before check in to drop bags off at Birmingham airport

• Lisa-Marie @Thomson says: 12/03/2014 at 04:37

Hi Harold, Yes you’re able to.

10. Dave says: 11/03/2014 at 09:42

My seat assignment for a flight from Manchester departing 2nd April was booked for me by your Thomson rep at the time of booking my holiday. I’m rather confused by the paragraph on the Seat Assignment print out that states that the print out of the Seat Assignment screen won’t be accepted by the airport staff as confirmation of the seat booking/allocation.
    Could you please let me know whether the seat numbers I requested are confirmed?
    Also if I check in online to get e tickets how many hours before departure could I drop my cases off at the airport? Thank you.

• Lisa-Marie @Thomson says: 12/03/2014 at 06:28

Hi Dave, Have you got online and chosen your seat numbers? If you could let me now your booking reference I can check for you. You’ll need to arrive at the airport 2-3 hours before departure.

• Dave says: 14/03/2014 at 16:37

Hi Lisa-Marie

Thanks for your reply.

The seats were booked in the Thomson shop. My booking reference number is *

Could you please check.

Thanks Dave

• Sammi @Thomson says: 15/03/2014 at 13:01

Hi Dave, I’ve checked your booking and seats 4 A and B have been booked on your outbound flight and 5 A and B have been booked for your return flight. Please be advised that these aren’t confirmed until you’ve used our online check-in service which can be done 14 days prior to your departure date.

11. Raheema says: 10/03/2014 at 18:08

Hi, I received an email with my e-ticket but I am unable to print the boarding passes out. Can I still check in at the airport the old fashioned way and will I receive my boarding passes at the airport? Thanks

• Lisa-Marie @Thomson says: 12/03/2014 at 03:31

Hi Raheema, That’s fine to get your boarding passes at the airport.

• jp says: 21/03/2014 at 14:30

do they charge for giving you a boarding card or is it still free?

• Leanne @Thomson says: 22/03/2014 at 04:49

Hi JP, You can check in online here – https://flightextras.thomson.co.uk/, and print off your boarding passes. If you’re unable to print them off you will need to pay at check in. You can read more about checking in online here – http://bit.ly/1mlXlNX.

12. Brian Heath says: 08/03/2014 at 17:23

We fly to Malta in less than 6 months time. We have entered our API details only to be told they are wrong. I have entered the 7 digit number you have given to me and I have definitely entered the correct date and my surname. What else could be wrong. I am against calling in to one of your offices and paying for them to do it for me, when I know I have entered everything correctly.

• Stefan @Thomson says: 09/03/2014 at 04:20

Can you email us at cares@thomson.co.uk wit your booking reference and I’ll look into this for you Brain.

13. Susan Derbyshire says: 08/03/2014 at 16:56

I received an email from Thomson for my e-ticket and have checked in online but how do I obtain luggage tags or do I need to make them myself? I’m due to fly on the 14th March 2014. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Stefan @Thomson says: 09/03/2014 at 04:04

When giving your bags at the desk Susan, a tag will be placed on your suitcase to make it identifiable for you.

14. Linda says: 08/03/2014 at 09:51

We have recently booked a holiday via telephone through one of your thomson/ first choice shops. The agent has written to us advising that we must check in online 1 week before we go and print our boarding cards or we could incur charges at the airport for standard check in. I can see nothing on your website about charges. Can we still check in as normal and obtain boarding cards with no charge.

• Stefan @Thomson says: 09/03/2014 at 04:38

Hi Linda, Checking online is something new we’ve just launched. If you don’t check in online then you always have the option to do so at the airport at no extra cost. I hope this helps and if you have any further questions then we’re always here :-)

15. lowry says: 08/03/2014 at 07:42

why wont your site allow me to enter api details

• Christina @Thomson says: 08/03/2014 at 07:53

Hi Lowry, I’m sorry you’re having issues entering your API. Could you please email your booking reference to cares@thomson.co.uk so I can look into this for you?

16. thomas cook says: 06/03/2014 at 19:38

i have looked at my online check in and find that seats 36c &36d are allocated to my wife and myself even though the plane is only half full,to change to other seats there is a charge of £8-50 per person each way.
    do i have to check in on line or can i check in at the airport?

• Natasha.Malik says: 07/03/2014 at 03:32

Hi Thomas, you would need to pay for Pre-booked seats of you wanted to change the seats that have been automatically allocated to you, and you are able to check in online or at the airport, the preference is up to yourselves. If there is anything else we can help you with please feel free to let us know. I hope you have a great holiday.

17. denise says: 05/03/2014 at 18:14

CAN YOU STILL CHECK IN AS IN THE CONVENTIONAL WAY WHEN YOU GET TO THE AIRPORT AND GET YOUR BOARDING CARD WHEN HAVING AN E TICKET WITH NO EXTRA CHARGE

• Natasha.Malik says: 06/03/2014 at 03:04

Hi Denise, yes, you are able to check in at the airport, as before all you’ll need to do print your E-tickets and take them with you.

18. Amanda Vaughan says: 04/03/2014 at 22:25

I have booked my honeymoon in Store and some guests coming out for the wedding who booked online have already received e tickets. We have not. As we booked in store are we expecting a ticket booklet or e tickets and roughly
    When should we expect these to arrive? We fly April 5th. Thanks

• Sammi @Thomson says: 05/03/2014 at 03:15

Hi Amanda, So I can check this for you, can you please provide me with your booking reference number?

• Amanda Vaughan says: 05/03/2014 at 06:27

1604/7543 thanks

• Jonathan S @ Thomson says: 05/03/2014 at 16:40

Hi Amanda, Your tickets will be sent to the store where you made your booking. Once they’re received an advisor will contact you. If you have any further questions please let me know.

19. Andrew Fewkes says: 04/03/2014 at 22:06

Good evening,
    We booked our wedding aboard this April in store can you confirm if we will be receiving an e ticket or a ticket booklet and also please advise when we will be receiving our tickets?

Many thanks for your assistance

Andrew fewkes

• Sammi @Thomson says: 05/03/2014 at 03:14

Hi Andrew, If you provide me with your booking reference number, I’ll be happy to check this for you.

20. Nicholas says: 03/03/2014 at 19:27

Hi, if on checking online there is a problem printing boarding cards I have been told that there will be a £50 charge at check in to print the boarding cards – is this true, flight is to Cuba in May. Please advise.

• Sammi @Thomson says: 04/03/2014 at 02:35

Hi Nicholas, Our online check-in service is a new perk we offer, but it’s by no means compulsory, and we certainly wouldn’t charge anyone who didn’t make use of the facility. If there’s any problem in printing your boarding cards, you’re able to collect these from the airport – free of charge. Please let me know if you’ve any other queries.

• Nicholas says: 04/03/2014 at 06:58

Most kind – thanks

21. Peter boyle says: 02/03/2014 at 18:46

I booked a flight only ticket but missed a digit off my email address, I won’t see my conformation email, how can I edit to receive it?

• Sammi @Thomson says: 03/03/2014 at 02:43

Hi Peter, I’d be happy to amend this for you. If you provide me with your booking reference number and correct email address, I’ll change this over for you.

• Peter boyle says: 03/03/2014 at 10:53

Booking reference *
        Email address *

• Sammi @Thomson says: 04/03/2014 at 06:10

Hi Peter, I’ve now changed this for you and you’ll receive an email from us shortly.

22. Lesley says: 02/03/2014 at 10:33

I have my eticket, I have tried to check in on line and was hoping to print our boarding passes. It accepted my info, i entered the site but the text is mismatched, when i og out it then wont let me in. ive called the 0871 number and been on hold, ive emailed 24/7 overseas and they cant help. Can i checkin in and obtain my boarding passes at the airport with no charge?

• Sammi @Thomson says: 03/03/2014 at 02:41

Hi Lesley, I’m sorry to hear you’re having problems printing out your boarding passes. I can confirm that you’ll have no problem checking-in at the airport.

23. Adriana says: 02/03/2014 at 08:01

Im flying on 4th of march and Im trying to check in online. It says that it found my booking number but my surname or date of flight is not correct. I have checked thousand times and it is correct… What should I do?

• Sammi @Thomson says: 03/03/2014 at 02:29

Hi Adriana, So I can look into this for you, can you please provide me with your booking reference number?

24. Mr bassi says: 01/03/2014 at 09:34

Does thomson use the ” holding cages” at paphos airport?

• Jonathan S @ Thomson says: 01/03/2014 at 15:30

Hi Mr Bassi, This is at the discretion of the airport and is decided by them.

25. tina says: 28/02/2014 at 15:48

i dont fly until may but do not own a printer is there anyway that you can print and send me the flight tickets?

• James @Thomson says: 01/03/2014 at 02:54

Hi Tina, Are you able to ask any friends or relatives to see if you can print out your e-tickets document?

• tina says: 12/03/2014 at 17:19

no they have no access to a printer either, your service was so much better when you sent out the handy little booklets

• Lisa-Marie @Thomson says: 13/03/2014 at 03:09

Hi Tina, The library will be able to print this out for you also.

• tina says: 14/03/2014 at 13:47

its fine ive sorted it now but i have to say that with people spending thousands with you its very unhelpful that your company cant be bothered to do a simple thing and send a piece of paper out to the customers that are having difficulties.

26. Linda says: 27/02/2014 at 19:01

I have my etickets but am trying to check in online from glasgow – flying 5th march. Is this possible? It is not accepting my email address to start the process or telling me a reason why.

• James @Thomson says: 01/03/2014 at 03:04

Hi Linda, We’re sorry for the delay in responding. Have you been able to check-in online?

27. Helen says: 27/02/2014 at 17:50

I’m flying with you on 23rd March from Birmingham, I have paid the extra to sit our party together and recieved confirmation of my seating choice in December before your online check in service went live. I have since recieved an email stating it is my receipt for my seating choices however it will not be able to be used as proof at the airport check in desk and my seating choices will only be confirmed when I check in online. Will I still be able to use the confirmation I recieved in December to check in at the airport desk If I am unable to check in online? Also if I do choose to check in online am I still able to use the bag drop service on the day of departure or will I need to bring my luggage the day before as this is not clear?

• James @Thomson says: 28/02/2014 at 05:48

Hi Helen, If you have pre selected your seats you’ll be fine with the confirmation that you have. When you check-in online you may need to double check that the seats you had previously selected are the ones that you had chosen. You’ll still also be able to drop your bags the day before, if your flight departs before 12:00 midday on the date of departure. I hope this helps and that you have a wonderful holiday.

• Helen says: 28/02/2014 at 09:37

Thank You for your response, my flight is at 09.05 so I know the day before bag drop service would be an option however i’ll be travelling from Manchester on the day of departure so therefore wont be able to make use of this service, if I check in online can I still drop my bags off on the day of departure or does Birmingham only offer this service the day before?

• James @Thomson says: 01/03/2014 at 02:44

Will you be flying from Birmingham Helen? Yes, You’ll be able to drop your bags here as Birmingham also offers this service.

28. stanley smith says: 26/02/2014 at 19:55

I fly from Aberdeen in 2days time,
    can I get day before check In?

• James @Thomson says: 28/02/2014 at 02:38

Hi Stanley, We’re sorry for the late response. Have you been able to check-in?

29. william trow says: 25/02/2014 at 19:41

We submitted our details on line on Sunday 23rd Feb for flight on Sunday 2nd March for boarding passes but have heard nothing since. Is this normal please.
    Regards Bill

• James @Thomson says: 01/03/2014 at 02:35

Hi William, Can we just clarify – did you mean the online check-in? Or your API details?

30. j price says: 25/02/2014 at 17:55

if check in on line and print off boarding pass what documents do i need to take including return?

• James @Thomson says: 28/02/2014 at 02:22

That’s the only documents you’ll need. As long as you’ve got your passport and any other relevant documents that you believe will be essential to travel, otherwise your boarding pass will be sufficient.

• j price says: 28/02/2014 at 14:32

r u sure my boarding pass going out will not due for return flyght or will it?

• James @Thomson says: 01/03/2014 at 02:53

They’ll be able to advise if the boarding pass with be for your return journey too at the airport’s. If not, Then you’ll collect your boarding pass for your outbound flight and then collect your UK return at the airport where you’ll have your holiday.

With regards to any other relevant documents, I was referring to any insurance documents that you may need to take with you if you have booked this with another company. I’m sorry for the confusion.

• j price says: 01/03/2014 at 12:59

so in other words take your e ticket as normal for return flyght?yes

• Jonathan S @ Thomson says: 01/03/2014 at 15:39

Hi, To clarify, you’ll have separate boarding passes for both your outbound and your return flights. If you haven’t got any boarding passes for your return flight, you can check-in at the airport and obtain them there.

• j price says: 01/03/2014 at 19:01

sorry to be apain so when i download my boarding pass for outgoing flyght(ema) i should be able to download return flyght(teneriffe sur) at same time?

• Sammi @Thomson says: 03/03/2014 at 02:12

Hi, Once you’ve checked-in online, you’ll receive both your outbound and your return boarding passes. Please be advised that due to a few recent technical issues, some passengers aren’t receiving their return boarding passes. If this happens, you’re able to collect these at the airport.

31. shirley murray says: 25/02/2014 at 12:39

you had our email address spelt wrong so have sent you it

• Adam @Thomson says: 27/02/2014 at 07:31

Hi Shirley, Can you please send your reference and correct address to cares@thomson.co.uk and we’ll update this for you.

32. John Range says: 23/02/2014 at 17:56

I have an A la Carte Thomson holiday booked to Jamaica departing on Thursday from Manchester and have already prebooked our Premium Cabin seats for outward and return when that facility became availabe 90 days before our retun date. I have had an email advising me I can check in online, but will this recognise the seating choice I have already made or would I be better cheching in at the airport as usual?

• Adam @Thomson says: 25/02/2014 at 05:28

Hi John, Part of the checking in procedure online is to view the current seats selected. It also gives you a last minute chance to change your seat numbers.

33. Mike says: 23/02/2014 at 14:17

Hi, even though online check in is now available with the option to print your own boarding pass, is it possible to collect boarding passes at no extra cost (after checking in online) on production of the e ticket at the airport, thanks.

• Adam @Thomson says: 25/02/2014 at 05:00

Hi Mike, You’ll need to go to the usual check-in desk to get your pass. Alternatively you can visit your local store and ask them to print them off for you.

34. Janine Bonner says: 19/02/2014 at 21:53

Good Evening, I have booked a holiday to Mexico for 7 adults at the end of March through First Choice. Our flights are with you but I have only been sent 1 e-ticket through first choice which just outlines our flights and accommodation. Will i get a separate email from you with our e-tickets and will we be able to check in online and if so how long before we fly? Thank you in advance for any help you can give.

• Christina @Thomson says: 20/02/2014 at 05:04

Hi Janine, Thanks for your post. The document you’re referring to – the one e-ticket with your flight and accommodation details – will be the only e-ticket you’ll receive, and so this is what you’ll need when you check in at both your home airport and destination airport. With regards to online check in, you will be able to do this on our Flight Extras website – and you’ll be able to do this 2 weeks before you’re due to depart. In which case, all you’ll need to do is drop your bags at the Thomson bag-drop desk at your airport. I hope this helps.

35. Nicola says: 18/02/2014 at 20:50

I received an email from thomson advising my eticket is available to print. I follow the link and input my details but as I booked with first choice, it’s redirecting me to there ‘my first choice’. I cannot find where I can print the eticket. Should I wait for a further email from first choice?? I fly in 6 weeks time.

• Christina @Thomson says: 20/02/2014 at 05:12

Hi Nicola, You should be able to download and print your e-ticket from your MyFirstChoice site. So I can look into this for you, could you please email cares@thomson.co.uk with your booking reference?